Airport VIP Lounge Chat

Options

Replies

• HeevenleeRose
    HeevenleeRose Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi there's,

Well here goes another update for you all during Christmas Week.

After the fall and putting Bella to sleep. I was starting to feel not right, started having my what I call gi flare up with ulcers and fever blisters. I stated my protocol for that.

We'd morning I woke up to my mother having a stoke and being airlifted to a local hospital. It wad later confirmed it was a cause of her bloodsugar. She is good now and on the mend.

I had a doctor appointment so I stayed back and helped with the animals against my will. You don't not do what mom wants wveb if she's sick.

That night about 830 I started throwing up every 5 minutes. Bloodsugar went thru the rough with like 30 minutes. It was acid throwing up even though I had food in my stomach. I got about an hour asleep and then I woke up to hurting in my back in pain like I could not belive. I could not get comfortable at all. I tried everything and it worked only like 5 minutes

My sister was coming over that morning to get things for my mom as she was getting released. With the help of her,and dad they helped me get in the car to go to the er which is only about 2 minutes away.

I had Diabetic DKP, kictones were thru the rough, I had infections they they could not find I was dehydrated to the max and my dic said he has never seen this. I was given a shot for the pain abs I had a total of 6 blankets on me . Doc sent me by ambulance to the icu department.

Luckly mom and me made it thru I was out by Saturday. I went to doc yesterday and I am back in range with everything and slowly becoming active again .
    Doc wants me to get back to my steps and build up my exercises this week.

So thats about it for me. I'll be back posting and getting things set up for rhe challang3.

By for now
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon, everyone! It is a mostly cloudy day here today. My daughter says hello to all. She's working at her part time job today. Both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! I did my strength training workout earlier this morning and I really enjoyed it. I went for a walk after lunch and I feel great! I'll be doing some dancing later on. Have a great day, everyone! Take care and stay safe.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,679 Member
    Options
    Hi all hope your day is going well. I am not sure what day it is. We went shopping for some stuff for bathroom, got over the toilet shelves for both bathrooms. We got rid of a lot of stuff but this place is smaller which I love but not as much storage. Putting the shelve together had it moments, but Don and I are still talking LOL. @Dianedoessmiles1 we both really like it here. More traffic and busier when we go out but everything is close and easy to get to. Love our place and the park. Met some neighbors and all very nice. Well that's it for now, hugs and blessings everyone. Joyce
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,338 Member
    Options
    It’s 27 feels like 21 at 7AM with a high of 52 today. Insight Timer Quote: Without change, something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken.—Frank Herbert I AM: I trust that I can always find blessings in my day. Action for Happiness: Let someone know how much you appreciate them and why. Pliability QOTD: The only way to prove that you’re a good sport is to lose.—Ernie Banks. Closed 💕 ❤ on my Samsung Active 4 and had 15,123 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 305/305 mile a day this morning, Pliability: Big Flexors after breakfast and 60 min walk this afternoon before church.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,240 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Saturday and I am hoping that we get some exercise today. That would be so nice getting some exercise. We are going shopping today for some New Year's Eve foods we are wanting to make. We are unable to visit Joe's family since they are all sick, so we will be home. We will be making some of their snacks and we will be relaxing at home with my son and his fiance. They are going to come over for a bit before heading out to a POW-WOW. My son's Dad is full blood Sioux indian. So my son goes to pow-wow's that are local. My son's tribe is in South Dakota. The Rosebud Tribe. However it is too far away to get my son there for pow-wow's so he goes to the local tribe about an hour away to theirs. They are pretty accepting of him.

@HeevenleeRose - I am so sorry that your mother had a stroke. That had to be rough seeing her get air lifted to the hospital. I am glad she is alright now though. I am also glad you were able to get help with your infection. That can be so very dangerous. I am sorry they could not figure out where it was coming from though. That seems a bit more scary since it could happen again.
    @Kurtize - I am glad you were able to go out and get more stuff for your new home. That is great that your neighbors seem nice. That is always a good thing.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday.

Tabatha
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Hi all hope your day is going well. We have the kitchen, pantry, laundry room, living room, our bedroom and guest bathroom done. Left, our bathroom, the computer room and exercise room (these 2 rooms are our extra bedrooms). I will be glad when it is all done. Met some more neighbors, they are very welcoming. Hugs all.

Today's Inspiration: When we get too caught up in the busyness of the world, we lose connection with one another - and ourselves. - Jack Kornfield
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,261 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    @HeevenleeRose , How are you today? Do you have any signs of infection? Infections scare me since last summer I had my 2nd bone infection. Please be so careful. Glad your Mom is better. SCARY STUFF!
    @Kuritze, that's WONDERFUL!! I love being so close to the grocery store, bank, library (Though it's rare I go, I CAN! LOL) a few mini malls, and TONS of interesting places to shop and or eat! Once the businesses close down at night the traffic goes away down. I am so used to traffic it doesn't bother me. Plus I am on the harbor side, not the main street it's much quietier on this side. Having a very well built building helps with the noise also. I'm still smiling how nicely your house sold, once an interested buyer came along!
    @Tabatha_Cain, WOOHOO??? Hmmm I mean "OOPS??" LOL I know you and Joe would rather not be around the family. It was so nice of them to sick, so you do not have too!! Like the way I put that? GRIN.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Good evening, everyone! It's a cool day here today. My daughter says hello to all. Both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! I went for a short run earlier this morning and I really enjoyed it. I went for a walk after lunch and I feel great! I'll be doing some dancing later on. Have a great day, everyone! Take care and stay safe.
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Sorry I have been MIA.

Life has been crazy with work and the holidays. Got lots of things on my Christmas list. The ex has made it miserable enough over Christmas that my son left on boxing day and is refusing to come and visit with me anymore. Exercise is minimal. On days off I find I spend most of the day sleeping on and off. The ex doesn't do much around here and that drives me crazy as I end up having to do everything on my days off. I will do my best to check-in but probably won't except on my days off which are Fridays and Saturdays. Happy New Year everyone!
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,732 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Hi all! was catching up on all the chats-sorry i couldn't respond to much.
    @Tabatha_Cain -i hope you made your sales goals and that you have a great new years!
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -aw love the pics...of the kids and kitties...and thx...you helped me so much with ideas last time and @dilberta this time! I hope the weather is behaving in Maine. It's pretty nice in NJ-just lots of rain.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Cseguin2, So sorry!! How old is S? my GD ex is a turd, and telling my GGS "your mother hates me." Hmmm NICE MOVE BOZO!! He asked his Mom who said "You love your Dad, and you should. He loves you too." and changed the subject. She knows in time and will explain to him later on adults do not have to love each other, but they still can each love the child. The spouses who do this (both of them) it's so much easier. THe ones who make it so the child hates one parent eventually the child sees it most of the time, in time. I am so sorry for the hurt you are going through.
    @Bookienj, we ACCIDENTLY saw a tiny bit of snow today, it got so scared it cried so hard, it was rain again. SIGH!! I loved help you all!! TY TY TY TY so much for stepping up!! When I was told about the new program in my city to help those who are elderly or disabled to not feel so alone, you actually went through my mind. It just feels good to help others. Do you find by being a leader you get more out of it in a positive way? I sure do.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Sunday and it is New Year's Eve. I am hoping it all goes well today. I have some food to make today, and I want it to be good food. I think it will be. I am pretty sure my son is coming over with his Fiance tonight to play games for a couple of hours. Then he will head off to a Pow-Wow with his friends. This is going to be good New Year's Eve. Joe and I have bought our drinks and stuff we are going to indulge with and we are hoping that it will be a good day. I want to try and get a walk in today as well.

@Kurtize - Wow you really are moving along with unpacking. That is great. Glad some more of your neighbors are nice.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - I love the way you put that. I do hope they get better soon. I am glad we are home though. Joe's Dad fell out of bed and smacked his chin on the night stand next to the bed. He was in a lot of pain, but per men of his generation he is refusing to go to the urgent care to make sure his jaw is not broken. I can only hope it really is not broken.
    @CSEGUIN2 - I am so sorry your ex is making it miserable for you. How is work going? Maybe plan some time to see your son outside of the home. I now that will be hard because you are doing everything at home and working.
    @bookieNJ - I believe I did meet all my sales goals. At least that is what my boss told me.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    It’s 30 feels like 22 at 6:15AM with a high of 40 today. Insight Timer Quote: For last year’s words belong to last year’s language. And next year’s words await another voice.—T.S. Eliot I AM: I am deserving of unconditional love and respect. Action for Happiness: Plan some new acts of kindness to do in 2024. Happy New Year’s Eve!!!!! Pliability QOTD: Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing you will be successful.—Albert Schweitzer Closed 💕 ❤ on my Samsung Active 4 and had 16,325 steps yesterday. Training plan: Mile a day to close out 2023 this morning, Pliability: Back Side of 2023 after work and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • HeevenleeRose
    HeevenleeRose Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

@Dianedoessmiles1 I am better thanks for asking. All my counts and infection white count is in range.

@Tabatha_Cain It was crazy I can tell you that. I am on the mend now and on some preventive meds to take to hopefully it want happen. I was extremally ill. I go back to all my docs Tuesday.

Well they are all done with house and we are slowly getting things going again. Project for this New years eve and New Years day. Having Sunday Lunch with family today. Its going to be Christmas Lunch since we didn;t get to do our usual tradition of Chirstmas Lunch. Well I better go.

Hugs
  • TEXASTITCHER
    TEXASTITCHER Posts: 6,480 Member
    Options
    I saw this today and thought to share it with you all. This is close to my plans for the evening - but I will be stitching with my friends via Zoom. Have a Safe New Year's Eve and a Happy New Year

85a5je53tr7r.jpg
  • Kurtize
    Options
    @TEXASTITCHER - we have the same tickets. Enjoy!
    40r8opwrpt31.jpg
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain , Hopefully it's not broken. If he's talking likely if it is it's not a bad break. Ahhh yes the generation of "I can take care of it myself." LOL They don't build them like that any more. We have many here in their 80s and a few in their 90s (I think the oldest gentleman here is 96??) He's a pistol and keeps us all laughing! He has help coming in, but to be 96 and very independant is a goal for many. I can't say that's for me. Maybe our generation is softer on ourselves? Or have we learned from the older generation its not always a benefit? Enjoy the night, watch for a hangover!! YO! Those can hurt.
    @HeevenleeRose , WOOHOO CONGRATS on your numbers coming out well!! PHEW!!! Infections are the pits!
    @Texastitcher and @Kurtize, hehehehehe TY both for the giggle. Oh the days of wanting to be in a crowd is so far OVER for me and many of us. I can not imagine wanting to be at Times Square or any other large event any more. Keep in mind I live south of Lewiston Maine (Shoot in Oct)and my GD lives right outside of Lewiston. That was way to close to home. Calling her immediately as I heard the news and was hoping so badly she wasn't bowling. Yup. Home.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Happy New Year to you all. Today Joe and I are going to laze around and enjoy the first day of the year. Fireworks and guns were going off last night so we do need to check for bullet holes in our cars today. Seriously why is that even a thing. Do people not realize that bullets going up is dangerous? They probably just don't care. Joe and I hosted a little New Year's Eve party. Which ended up just being us and my son and his Fiance. They only stayed about an hour or so, but it was nice. They came and ate some food and then left. They are gonna come back again and spend more time with us but they had a Pow-Wow to get to. My poor chihuahua ended up in our bed last night due to the gun shots and fireworks going off. She started scratching at our door and came in side and was trying to hide under our bed but I picked her up and put her in our bed and cuddled her until the noise stopped for the night. Then I put her on the floor and she went back to her bed to finish sleeping for the night. I am glad she came to us and didn't just shake scared all night. I love my pup. I completely did not think of giving her an anxiety pill because I usually do CBD oil for that but I gave it to a friend who's dog needed it for pain. So I will have to buy some more.

@HeevenleeRose - That is good that they have you on a preventative. I hope the doc can sort through all the hospital did and find the cause of the infection.
    @TEXASTITCHER - That is what Joe and I did. Just once I would like to stay up and ring in the New Year with my husband.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - Joe's Dad is definitely the "I don't need no doctor" generation. Joe is the same way. I think it depends on how you raise your kids. My kids won't go to the doctor unless they are dying. My daughter was working through appendicitis when her husband forced her to go to the ER. She ended up having emergency surgery and then she was back to work 4 days later cause she could not handle being home. She did go back with heavy restriction. She told me she though it was just severe period cramps cause she gets those sometimes. She was just going to power through until it stopped. I am so glad her husband made her go to the ER. He knew something was not right.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Monday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    Rabbit Rabbit wishing all who read this luck this month.
    Insight Timer Quote: And now we welcome the new year. Full of things that have never been.—Rainer Maria Rilke
    I AM: I have value and am worthy of love.
    Action for Happiness: Find three things to look forward to this year.
    Today I am beginning 2024 miles in 2024 challenge which rounds out to just over 5 miles a day. I’m also beginning a year long mental toughness program called Live Hard with the 75 Hard phase. Anyone interested in learning more check out the Real AF podcast episode 208 on audio platforms. This is also an awesome podcast that makes you think. Be advised if you can’t handle foul language then this isn’t a podcast for you. Lots of F bombs are dropped.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain , YO on gun shots as a way of "celebrating!". That does not make sense but okay. Yeah what goes up, must come down. Hopefully nobody was her and hopefully no one probably was damaged. Glad the dog was okay. Sounds like you had a relaxing day that's always necessary. Way to go. I want to get up and Mr. Oscar Is happily back to sleep. I like it when he's not foolish and hyper. On the other hand I miss it when he's not foolish and hyper. Lololol kittenhood goes too fast. He's a funny little ginger kitty.

Everybody are you working on your pre-assignments? Heidi @Hicim705 has put a lot of work into this. As I do them I think of a lot of different things that would have not which will help me. We will only benefit if we do these. I do them one at a time And not a bunch of one day so that I remember them and really give them deep thought. This way it's also not overwhelming it's not homework it doesn't need to be done all at once.