Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JANUARY 2024

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,131 Member
edited February 4 in Social Groups
9mff8anouh0c.png
Here is your Team chat room for January 2024. Happy New Year! This is where you weigh in, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land here any time.

Fat2Fit has five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossible - @Katmary71 and @trooworld
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and @Pupowl

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @Slimmersixties & @NachDeezy
Mission Slimpossibles - open
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @MaddawgMadsen
Shape Shifters - @Sbus12 and @Cyncia85

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The January challenge runs for 5 weeks, from December 31 - February 3. F2F months always start on a Sunday and end on a Saturday, so adjust your calendars!

Everyone weighs in weekly on their chosen day right here in the team chat. At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win, and may everyone else get to work on next week!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every single week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard.

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you want a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or can be moved to the Support Team for as long as you need. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally. Don't worry! You can always come back even if you get dropped.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone. You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team.

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the first month of 2024 begin!!

Replies

• morenin
    morenin Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    SW: 255 lb.
    PW: 225 lb.
    CW: 227 lb.

PMS is hitting me hard I think. I'm glad my official weigh in day isn't 'til Sunday, I feel like a puffer fish!
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    micaroo4 wrote: »
    Introduction:
    I'm Mica! I am 67 years old, I live in New Hampshire, and I work 3 days a week as a bookkeeper in a plastics factory. I still consider that to be "full time", since my workload is still the same as when I worked 5 days a week - I just have to do it faster!
    I am one of the Maintainiacs of the Mission Slimpossible team, currently maintaining in my goal range of 127-133 (center weight 130) since 2019.
    My housemates are my boyfriend Rich, and my cat Earl. (My profile picture is Earl).
    My favorite exercise is walking. I usually set a goal to walk the year in miles - I reached my goal of 2023 miles on December 4th. I will probably set a walk the year goal for 2024, but not right away. With winter weather and darkness, I prefer to do indoor workouts.
    I love to ride my bicycle to/from work, but I'm not an ice-biker, so that will have to wait until the appropriate season for cycling. I'll settle for the stationary bike for the next few months.
    I do some strength training, not as much as I should, but I try to do at least something every single day, even if it's just one set of lunges. For January, I want to focus more on STRENGTH.

My goal for 2024 is a fun one: An Adventure Every Week. I wrote up some adventures on little pieces of paper, and divided them up as indoor adventures or outdoor adventures. Depending on the weather, I can decide from which container I will select my adventure. And, recognizing that there will be some weeks when I won't want to do the adventure, I made up a 3rd container with Chores. Not small chores, but big ones, like cleaning the oven, cleaning the refrigerator, shampooing carpets, decluttering closets and the like. If I don't want to do the adventure, then I have to do the chore. So I'll either be very adventurous in 2024, or I'll have a remarkably clean house!

-Mica

Love your goals!
  • gemwolf110
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Hi All!

I’m Missy, returning member of Mission Slimpossibles, I’m 36 y/o living in Rhode Island with my pack of 4 dogs- a Bichon frise, 2 wooly coat Siberian huskies and an alusky (Alaskan Malamute and wooly coat Siberian Husky mix). I work full time as an Accountant in a payroll office and working towards my Masters of Business Administration.

I LOVE Zumba, going to Aqua classes with my BF and hiking with a hiking group I’m part of. I don’t get to the gym as much as I would like to due to work and school. But I go when I can.

I’ve lost 18 pounds this round (been going up and down and yo-yoing my entire life since I was a preteen). Realizing this year after a few things coming up with family and myself that I need to lose weight and BE healthy inside and out. Planning on checking in more this month/year.

Hope everyone has a great night!

~Missy

CW: 210.8
    GW: 110-120
    HW: 228.8
  • JadeGypsyxo
    JadeGypsyxo Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm new. I guess I'm supposed to be here?

Mica - nice to meet you! A walk goal sounds amazing and I might adopt that idea as well. And I love the idea about new adventures. My 2024 goal is to be the best version of myself, whatever that means!

Missy - that's a lot of dogs! I only have one. A border collie. If I had any more I would go nuts. It sounds like you're super busy AND you lost 18 pounds. You're an inspiration!

Well my name is Jade

I am 36 and I live in SoCal. I love to ice skate and roller skate. I love the beach and I have a good social life. I have a border collie named Kali. She likes to snuggle and eat trash whenever she can. I have two kittens, Sky and Moon. I have a teenage son. He's my bestie.

I need to lose about 10 pounds. Maybe 15 in total. I enjoy being active so exercise is not my issue. It's the food. I looooove food. I eat out a lot because I have friends that are constantly doing stuff. I travel often and I like to eat the food there too. I love me some late night snacking too. I like sweet, salty, spicy, savory ... you name it, I love it. 😍😍😍 I eat when I'm sad, mad, happy, depressed, bored, tired 🤣

My 2024 goal is to be more mindful about food. Listen to my body. Stop when I'm full. Don't eat when I'm not hungry etc etc.

CW: 160
    GW: 145

• micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,065 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Username: micaroo4
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    CW: 130.4
    PW: 130.4
    Maintenance range: 127-133, center weight 130.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! A big welcome to the new team members, and welcome back to the returning members, I am so glad you are here!

I am one of your Mission Slimpossibles captains along with the fabulous @Katmary71! Our motivator position is currently open, so if you would like some extra accountability and want to give it a try, let either me or Kat know and we’ll fill you in!
    CHECK-IN PROCESS
    Along with our weekly weigh-ins, we REALLY encourage our team members to participate in regular check-ins. It’s a great way to stay accountable to yourself and it allows the team to cheer you on and offer support as you need it. We are a community, and we are stronger together!
    CHANGES TO YOUR WEIGH-IN DAY/WEIGHTS
    If you have any changes to your weigh-in day or reported weights, be sure to tag @Katmary71 who handles all of that stuff. She also handles moving people to cheerleader status/or other status changes.
    LET'S GET TO KNOW EACH OTHER
    Please share a little bit about you: your name, where you live, and what brought you to the Fat2Fit Challenge Group. Also share anything else you would like to, including any goals for the year. We are here to support and cheer you as you go through your weight loss adventure!
    MY INTRODUCTION
    Hi everyone. My name is Chris. I live in Southern California with my husband, cute one-eyed pirate pug named Daisy (7 yrs old) and pug pup name Violet who is a little more than 1 yr old. Up until my mid-20s, I was a healthy weight but then the mid-20s hit and along with that came medications that made me gain weight as well as poor lifestyle choices. For exercise, I recently bought a walking pad (like a more compact treadmill). I also like to walk with my husband and friends.
    I have about 65 lbs to lose. My hobbies: reading, making artwork and crafts, photography, and cooking. I do straight-up calorie counting.
    Now, it's your turn! Tell us about YOU!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    @Veta2018 Congrats on the loss!

@Katmary71 Oh I see okay! I wonder how hummus made with an addition of some carrots would be? That would be a great way to add veggies! I did get to rest lol. The other day, I wore my PJs until about 5 pm. It was glorious! For the salad, can you substitute something for the currants or just leave them out? How would raisins be in it? Sorry about the flare-up. I hope it is better today.

@tammymccrady6278 Throwing out the goodies was a great step in the right direction! New Year, new beginnings indeed! I love New Year's.

@gemwolf110 Congrats on the loss!

@micaroo4 I love your idea of an adventure every week! Great plan!

@JadeGypsyxo Welcome to the team, Jade! I also live in SoCal, I live in San Diego. I would love to see pics of your pets! There are a lot of animal lovers on the team. :D Great goals.

Hi all. I had a relaxing day yesterday: no meetings, no phone calls, no instant messages...just doing what I wanted to do and if that was nothing, then that's what I did. :D The power went out in our neighborhood at about 3:30 pm and stayed off until 10 pm. It was kind of fun. We roamed the streets people watching and then came home and started to watch The Big Lebowski (for the umpteenth time) on my phone. Then the electricity came back on. Today, it is supposed to rain so I won't be doing much. Have a great Saturday!

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Teresa and I am a returning member who was here for a long time and even captained the group for a while. :) I'm back to reconnect, get support, and take off this weight that I've gained these last two years! I'm happily married (most of the time) to my husband who has several health issues along with mid-stage dementia. Fortunately, he is still the sweetest man ever and loves me just as much as he always did. I also live with my mom, sister, and my little dog Maggie Mae. I work part-time for my church as their admin. assistant. For my hobbies, I love doing jigsaw puzzles, watching TV (mostly news), listening to podcasts, and reading.

New in my life this weekend is that my niece had her fourth child, a baby boy, yesterday. He is the cutest!! The name is still to be determined. It will either be Elijah or Elliot so we are calling him Eli. I will get to hold him tomorrow! The older siblings (10, 6, and 3) just left my house and for that, I'm relieved to have my quiet back. Sheesh they are loud! :# I need to clean out my fridge and pantry today of all the unwanted sugar products that I have been eating. Monday, I will start my 40-Day Sugar Fast and a new Beachbody workout program called Dig Deeper. It will be an intense 12-week weightlifting program. I'm super excited about it!! I plan to track my food for at least 40 days and keep it mostly low-carb, which works best for my body. OK, time for lunch and to get some cleaning done. :)
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,610 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    @tammymccrady6278 That's a great idea to empty out the goodies on garbage day! Yes New Year is new beginnings, stock the house with healthy food and find a good recipe to try. I've been off track since surgery, planning to get back to it on the 2nd (1st we do pork and sauerkraut for good luck which is challenging). You got this!

@vrafer Welcome to Mission Slimpossibles!

@micaroo4 I can't wait to hear about your adventures! Funny I used to do that with things I had to clean or do putting them on paper and picking one, I'm always trying to make routine things more fun. An adventure sounds WAY more exciting than a chore but music can always help there. “Strength” is a great theme for January.

@gemwolf110 I didn't catch that you had 4 dogs before, we have to see some pics of your babies! I'm looking forward to you checking in more. I need to clarify something: I put down your weight from yesterday but your weigh-in is today and want to be sure I put the right one, is today's 210.8? I have 209.6 but will change it until I hear back from you as I want it to be correct. Thanks!

@JadeGypsyxo Hi Jade and welcome! I'll double-check which group you're assigned to, there's an introduction thread for new members where you check in and are assigned a team which is at this link:https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10905562/registration-for-new-members-january-2024#latest If you'd like to stay here let them know you've done your introduction and would like to stay, I'll give them a heads-up too. It sounds like you keep real busy, why DOES food have to taste so good?! I'm like you where I've always turned to food for ALL my emotions, it's hard to break but I can at least understand and laugh at it now.

@trooworld I think carrots in hummus would be great, it's one of my favorites to scoop it up with though! Your PJ day sounds like mine yesterday, I read your post and thought I'd written it at first. The salad calls for dates but I put cranberries in it. The split pea stew has currants, I've swapped raisins and it worked. I was thinking the currants would be good in the salad. I don't always use them in the stew but that's not really needed. I think something sweet in the salad is good though as it's a good contrast to the lemon and cruciferous veggies. Isn't it weird how quiet it is when the power is off?

@TeresaW2024 So happy you're back! Congratulations on Eli! It's amazing how much energy it takes to be around kids, now that my nephews are older it's not as exhausting but I used to come home from my brother's and want complete quiet for awhile. You're really setting yourself up well cleaning out the pantry and having the sugar fast and Beachbody programs about to start! I'm excited for you, I need to join all you super motivated people and get there too!
  • gemwolf110
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    @tammymccrady6278 That's a great idea to empty out the goodies on garbage day! Yes New Year is new beginnings, stock the house with healthy food and find a good recipe to try. I've been off track since surgery, planning to get back to it on the 2nd (1st we do pork and sauerkraut for good luck which is challenging). You got this!

@vrafer Welcome to Mission Slimpossibles!

@micaroo4 I can't wait to hear about your adventures! Funny I used to do that with things I had to clean or do putting them on paper and picking one, I'm always trying to make routine things more fun. An adventure sounds WAY more exciting than a chore but music can always help there. “Strength” is a great theme for January.

@gemwolf110 I didn't catch that you had 4 dogs before, we have to see some pics of your babies! I'm looking forward to you checking in more. I need to clarify something: I put down your weight from yesterday but your weigh-in is today and want to be sure I put the right one, is today's 210.8? I have 209.6 but will change it until I hear back from you as I want it to be correct. Thanks!

@JadeGypsyxo Hi Jade and welcome! I'll double-check which group you're assigned to, there's an introduction thread for new members where you check in and are assigned a team which is at this link:https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10905562/registration-for-new-members-january-2024#latest If you'd like to stay here let them know you've done your introduction and would like to stay, I'll give them a heads-up too. It sounds like you keep real busy, why DOES food have to taste so good?! I'm like you where I've always turned to food for ALL my emotions, it's hard to break but I can at least understand and laugh at it now.

@trooworld I think carrots in hummus would be great, it's one of my favorites to scoop it up with though! Your PJ day sounds like mine yesterday, I read your post and thought I'd written it at first. The salad calls for dates but I put cranberries in it. The split pea stew has currants, I've swapped raisins and it worked. I was thinking the currants would be good in the salad. I don't always use them in the stew but that's not really needed. I think something sweet in the salad is good though as it's a good contrast to the lemon and cruciferous veggies. Isn't it weird how quiet it is when the power is off?

@TeresaW2024 So happy you're back! Congratulations on Eli! It's amazing how much energy it takes to be around kids, now that my nephews are older it's not as exhausting but I used to come home from my brother's and want complete quiet for awhile. You're really setting yourself up well cleaning out the pantry and having the sugar fast and Beachbody programs about to start! I'm excited for you, I need to join all you super motivated people and get there too!

Hi! Yes 4 pups. I didn’t make an intro post in awhile. Need to get better at that! It should be 209.6. 210.8 was last weeks weight. Sorry for the confusion whoops!

Here’s some pics of the pack:

v7tu3cxb0n9o.jpeg
    xhkc32ve4st0.jpeg
    oeqs988d44qc.jpeg
    ev2edrjd4bd4.png
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Welcome to Mission Slimpossibles!

My name is Kathy, I’m a Mission Slimpossibles Co-Captain along with the wonderful @trooworld. We're happy you're part of our team! @trooworld and I are brainstorming ideas for the team, if you happen to have suggestions we'd love to hear from you. We're currently looking for a motivator for the team, if you think it's something you'd like to try please contact one of us and we'll fill you in.

I'm logging all the weigh-ins, if you need to change your day or will be unable to record one please let me know and I'll do what I can to help you.

I joined this team almost 5 years ago and was the motivator for most of that time becoming a co-captain last month. I live in the Sacramento area in CA with my two cats Asher and Jasper. I’m recovering from a back fusion I had at the end of October and start PT in about 10 days. My biggest health challenge is chronic pain from spinal issues and CRPS. I’m doing my PT routine daily and some chair cardio. I help file claims part-time, volunteer at the food bank farm where I start most of the seeds in the greenhouse, and am secretary for a local non-profit charity in town. I’m up 20lbs this last year and now that I’ve been off steroids for awhile it’s time to get the extra weight off and strengthen my body. I eat mostly whole foods and eat low-moderate carb which has been working well for keeping my diabetes and liver issues in remission. I’m also about to start a 3 month pass at the holistic pain group where I’ll have access to their equipment and am learning all I can about my micro current machine to help myself and others. After my last back surgery I got up to 222lbs so definitely don’t want that to happen again! I love trying new recipes, gardening, reading, spending time with my family, going to concerts, and volunteering.

Let's have an amazing January and 2024!

• 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Well Good Morning all you fine folk!!! It seems it's intro time again. Let's see what kind of information I can muster up. My birth name is Darren. My nickname from my youth is Shmoo. Yep, the same Shmoo that is in my username. My lovename from my wife is Sugarboog. Now that I'm thinking about it she hasn't called me that in a long time. Huh??? Does that mean something??

Well let's get passed that.

I'm a Christian.
    I really like music.
    I've been trying to learn guitar off and on for 20+ years and I'm still terrible.

I need to lose about 100 pounds but I'd be good with 75.
    I struggle with confidence.
    I eat meat only.
    I like to walk/run but is rarely initiated.

I can be negative.
    I've an odd sense of humor.

If it helps I vote for Jade to stay in the group.

Maybe we could gather nominations and vote for the new motivator.

I like the color orange.

Does anybody like coffee? I'm thinking about trying some.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    The January Week 1 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, Dec. 31st and will run until Saturday, Jan. 6th. Please join us for the New Year New You Challenge! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10906030/january-week-1-group-challenge-new-year-new-you-challenge#latest

Hope to see you in the chat thread...great opportunity to set and begin working on new goals!
    Jessica :blush:
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @JadeGypsy0x Nevermind you're good and in Mission Slimpossibles, there was some confusion as you changed your name and had been down with the previous name. Glad you're here! Are you into watching roller derby at all? My cousin's in Huntington Beach and just retired from the Derby Dolls in her mid 50s, pretty impressive when I had back surgery at 19 and she's body slamming people in her 50s!

@gemwolf110 OMG your first dog looks just like my aunt's Malamute Mukluc (I was a teen and spent half the trip to see my aunt hugging and walking her dogs). I always wanted a Husky but can't walk long and don't have a fence so it wouldn't be fair to the pup. Please tell me the little Bichon isn't the alpha! It looks like it has no clue it's smaller. I dog sat for my neighbors for awhile and it all started with a Bichon who used to get so excited to come say hi at the mailbox his owner would let go of the leash so he could run over. They have great personalities. All your dogs are just beautiful! I fixed your weigh-in, thanks for getting back to me so fast.

@19shmoo69 Was there a reason your peers started calling you Shmoo? Hahaha sounds like it's time to bring your wife some flowers and a sweet card if you want to be her Sugarboog! I loved your post, you dropped all kinds of great tidbits! I love coffee but would be up all night if I drank it now. I just finished peppermint vanilla tea.

Weigh-ins needed for Saturday: @askewcr @Digger61
    Earlier weigh-ins outstanding: @DebJB30 @txcritter69
    Sunday weigh-ins due tomorrow: @19shmoo69 @badnoodle @DebJB30 @laurelfit57 @megnolia82 @sleepygirl79 @txcritter69 @littlebabekitty @morein @JadeGypsyxo

Jessica came up with a great challenge to kick off 2024, let's join her in the full group challenge: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10906030/january-week-1-group-challenge-new-year-new-you-challenge#latest

• gemwolf110
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    @JadeGypsy0x Nevermind you're good and in Mission Slimpossibles, there was some confusion as you changed your name and had been down with the previous name. Glad you're here! Are you into watching roller derby at all? My cousin's in Huntington Beach and just retired from the Derby Dolls in her mid 50s, pretty impressive when I had back surgery at 19 and she's body slamming people in her 50s!

@gemwolf110 OMG your first dog looks just like my aunt's Malamute Mukluc (I was a teen and spent half the trip to see my aunt hugging and walking her dogs). I always wanted a Husky but can't walk long and don't have a fence so it wouldn't be fair to the pup. Please tell me the little Bichon isn't the alpha! It looks like it has no clue it's smaller. I dog sat for my neighbors for awhile and it all started with a Bichon who used to get so excited to come say hi at the mailbox his owner would let go of the leash so he could run over. They have great personalities. All your dogs are just beautiful! I fixed your weigh-in, thanks for getting back to me so fast.

@19shmoo69 Was there a reason your peers started calling you Shmoo? Hahaha sounds like it's time to bring your wife some flowers and a sweet card if you want to be her Sugarboog! I loved your post, you dropped all kinds of great tidbits! I love coffee but would be up all night if I drank it now. I just finished peppermint vanilla tea.

Weigh-ins needed for Saturday: @askewcr @Digger61
    Earlier weigh-ins outstanding: @DebJB30 @txcritter69
    Sunday weigh-ins due tomorrow: @19shmoo69 @badnoodle @DebJB30 @laurelfit57 @megnolia82 @sleepygirl79 @txcritter69 @littlebabekitty @morein @JadeGypsyxo

Jessica came up with a great challenge to kick off 2024, let's join her in the full group challenge: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10906030/january-week-1-group-challenge-new-year-new-you-challenge#latest

Thank you! Awe yeah the red and white one is the alusky he’s got quite the personality. And the bichon thinks she’s the alpha. She doesn’t realize she’s small. And the big guy (black and white one) thinks he’s smaller than he is. The grey/black one is a sweetie but has spunk. They do have a ton of energy. They definitely need a fenced in yard to just run and play.

• 19shmoo69
    Options
    19Shmoo69
    Sunday
    P. W. 271
    C. W. 269
  • 19shmoo69
    Options
    @JadeGypsyxo I will look into to the game. Please share the other games as you feel led. I'm not much of a games person but there may be that ONE.
This discussion has been closed.