Hello! Please Share How You Found Your Way To The 5% Challenge

Options
Ceriusly1
Ceriusly1 Posts: 5,738 Member
edited December 2023 in Social Groups
We are interested to know how you found us to help us with future recruiting and to find ways to improve the signup process.

Please post briefly where you read about us on MFP. Did a friend refer you? If you followed us from Spark People please include your Spark Name.
Thanks, Ceri (Ceriusly1)Overall Co-Leader, 5% Winter Challenge

Replies

• DNjoys
    DNjoys Posts: 7,428 Member
    Options
    Followed you from Sparks. My name was the same there.
  • lindapost1
    lindapost1 Posts: 3,696 Member
    Options
    I found The 5% Challenge when I was a member of the SP family. I had the same name Linda Post. In 2008 a co-worker introduced me to SP and as they say the rest is history. My SP BFF Tarja (given name she was Finish) found each other through SparkPeople. We were never on the same team but that didn't matter because it was all about the support. After SP, I lost contact with her, however I will never forget our SP time together. We kept each other going. <3 I really love these challenges and I hope everyone here will see how these challenges help us all. Bless you all!
  • Ceriusly1
    Options
    @DNjoys @lindapost1 Thank you for sharing!

Linda, I agree, I had so many friends on Spark People that I am not in contact with and that is sad. It's one reason we ask for outside email addresses so when people seem to disappear from the challenge we can make sure they are continuing to receive support.

Moving to MFP was a true labor of love for us leaders who wanted to continue the challenge, not only for ourselves but for every existing and future member.
  • cmoak54
    cmoak54 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I found this challenge on MFP Challenges page. I was just looking around for something to help keep me motivated but more than a month at a time. The time frames of the challenges worked for me and it sounded like a good group.
  • lulabelbo
    lulabelbo Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I sometimes xheck the community postings in health and weightloss , food and nutrition and fitness and exercise but the other day I explored the other categories. when I looked at challenges the 2024 winter 5% team challenge caught my eye as something I could do and hold me accountable to taking off my winter weight gain. And it looks like fun. so here I am - signed up with the Thinner Winner team and trying to figure where to post on the pre week site. Have patience.

I think if you are looking to increase participation have your members post their success stories in any other community category. They could mention their sccomplishments and how the challenged helped them achieve it.
  • jeanhickokhaley1
    jeanhickokhaley1 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    I was on the 5% Challenge in SP. Decided to join here in MFP.
  • Ceriusly1
    Options
    @lulabelbo Thank You! You will figure things out quickly but if you have questions please ask on your team's chat or contact any leader. Welcome to the 5% Family!
  • marg750me
    marg750me Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I was on the 5% Challenge in SP
  • sgod50
    sgod50 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I read an article from MFP summer 2023. I was looking for a free support system and group of like minded people.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,252 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    I joined on Sparkpeople in 2010, I stayed because it works so well for me. I was invited on Sparkpeople when I blogged and Healthgrammy saw it, and invited me. WOOHOO That was still a GREAT Decision!! WAVING!

• catnurse1
    catnurse1 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    I followed Diane from SparkPeople who roped me into the Challenges. I had Googled weight loss and recipes and SparkPeople was my choice. Glad I moved over here, though it took some getting used to.
  • hicim705
    hicim705 Posts: 5,258 Member
    Options
    I was part of the 5% Challenges on SP. I was a Firecracker there and was also involved with some other teams, but the Firecrackers was my first team and the one that held my heart. I was also an Overall Leader on SP. When SP closed, I was one of the leaders that brought the Challenge to MFP ... it has been a lot of hard work but also an equal amount of fun and quite rewarding to know that we managed to keep the 5% Challenges humming along on MFP, even after a few growing pains of bringing that Challenge to this platform.
  • Catwmncat
    Catwmncat Posts: 6,925 Member
    Options
    I was hounded by @Dianedoessmiles1 so much on SP that I joined to get her off my back!!! Several years later... I am the Baggage Handler (Weigh-In Leader) on PS4L & Overall IBC Co-leader and we're BFF's. Life changer!
  • kayhryngc
    kayhryngc Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Like a few other members, I came over from SP. Name was kathryngc. While checking out MFP, I discovered had joined there sometime in the past. Lost interest due to having hard time navigating thru it. Had a hard time trying to change name so stayed with kayhryngc.
  • Harriet8andLinus
    Harriet8andLinus Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I followed the 5% challenge from Sparkpeople. I had been on the SUDs team and had a lot of success there. As with most people, I had a bit of difficulty getting use to this platform but feel comfortable here now. Thank you to the OALs who set this up and keep maintaining this challenge.
  • DNjoys
    DNjoys Posts: 7,428 Member
    Options
    Ceri, my team has 2 new to the 5% this round, and since they haven't yet posted here, thought I'd share how they answered their intro question as to how they found the 5%. One found our IBC in Groups and asked to join and we got her on board. The other said she saw us on the Community Discussion board.
  • vexedangel678
    vexedangel678 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I searched for challenges on MFP last summer, and was intrigued by the 5% challenges running. I especially like how active and focused they are. I have just struggled to keep up recently, but I'm hoping getting back into a routine will help.