Tired of being a "frumpy" grandma.

Options
Hi everyone, my name is Debbie and I am 63 years old and was one of those people that could eat whatever I wanted and stay a size 5....that is until I hit age 40 and everything started to change.

Now I am 40 lbs overweight, at risk of type 2 diabetes, tired all the time with low energy, painful knees, blah, blah, blah and I'm sick of it! I have tried Noom, intermittent fasting, even bought a treadmill (which I have no motivation or the energy for) and actually got down to 173 lbs once (obviously didn't last). So I am all in with VShred because I'm desperate. I even joined the elite program where I have a coach as well as custom meal and exercise plans for 4 whole months to make sure I understand how to do this all on my own one day. Yes it's expensive but I have no idea how to get my weight under control myself. Sometimes a little hand holding is comforting.

I am new to My Fitness Pal as well and it's nice that you can link your My Fitness Pal account to your VShred app. My program starts tomorrow 12/26/23 and I'm so excited. Oh, I did order Burn 2.0 and Burn PM (waiting on them to arrive) and hoping this will help as well though I realize that the most important part of the program is the diet itself (I will be Carb Cycling).

So the journey begins...

Replies

• wendik140
    wendik140 Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 1
    Options
    Hi. I joined the Elite program too. I used to be like you and eat whatever I wanted and was very skinny, until my second child was born and that all changed. I'm 48 and want to lose 65 - 70 lbs. I'm in my 4th and last month with the elite program. I hardly followed it last month. Not only because of the holidays, but also because I hurt my back again. Today I'm getting back on track and going to try exercising again. Just have to be careful with my back. I also have really bad knees. In fact, I need both of them replaced, but I'm too young. I don't want to do that anyway. Last year, I got stem cells injected into them and they are doing better. I can at least walk up to a mile a day, but they do still hurt, just not as bad as before. I couldn't walk more than 1/8 of a mile before. At least I can work out on my elliptical.

I love VShred. I have been on so many other diets and have gone up and down (mainly up) with them and have been so miserable doing it. A lightbulb went off this time with this way of eating and exercising.

I'm going to add you as friend. Hope you accept as I need more of them on here. Good Luck to you!
  • lpt2021
    lpt2021 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I started VShred on January 8th of this year. I am down 21 lbs. I am 63 years old and am a retired special education math teacher. My goal was to restore my health after several surgeries and increase my energy in order to care for my grandson. How's your journey going?