Airport VIP Lounge Chat

Options

Replies

• cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,452 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon, everyone! Happy new year. It's a cool day here today. My daughter says hello to all. Both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! I did my strength training workout earlier this morning and I really enjoyed it. I went for a walk after lunch and I feel great! I'll be doing some dancing later on. Have a great day, everyone! Take care and stay safe.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,486 Member
    edited January 1
    Options
    Good afternoon all, today a new year, a new week, new day and a new beginning. I did ok with my weight over the holidays, most likely because we were moving. I actually only lost 4.2 lbs. in 2023, going to try to lose more this new year. I did over due a bit and my body has rebelled. My right leg gave out on me and I almost fell, today just resting it. Coming so far as I had after this happened in 2022 I don't want to go back to that again. Hope all your dreams, goals and wishes come true this year.

I started a new walk with conqueror challenge, Jesus walks. Here is link to travel.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10891931/joyces-walking-adventures#latest

Many blessings. Joyce

• vexedangel678
    vexedangel678 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I only put on a couple pounds over the holidays, which is better than it could have been! I'm officially back on the healthy dinners plan as of last Friday, but otherwise my eating has been whatever, whenever 😂 I will be back in my eating and exercise routine on Wednesday when I return to work.

I am very excited--I ordered a fitbit sense 2 just now. It was on a good sale, and I had christmas money. I'd been wanting an apple watch for the ecg feature, but it is an additional paid feature now, and since I'm not perfectly loyal to the apple ecosystem, the fitbit sense 2 (which includes the ecg feature) is perfect for me. And cheaper overall! I'm excited to get it and put it to good use.

Our home gym downstairs is finally back together after some waterproofing work, too, which opens up a lot more activities for me in my AM workouts, too.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,081 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Tuesday and I am hoping it will be a good day. I assume we will probably be busy at work since we had yesterday off, but I am not sure since this is usually our slow season for insurance. It would be nice if it were a normal day. Not sure if it will be. I know one of the MR's will be off work, and one of the agents will be off today. So that is definitely something we will have to get used to. I signed up yesterday to walk 31 miles for the month of January for the American Cancer Society. I am posting a link. It does ask for a donation. Ignore that part please I just wanted to show you all in case any of you wanted to sign up. It is a Facebook thing I believe.

https://facebook.com/donate/1272986756706190/

@Dianedoessmiles1 - Yeah someone in our neighborhood posted on Facebook a photo of a bullet lodged in the roof of her car. She was ranting about what goes up must come down. I would be ranting too. I did do all the pre-assignments. I liked doing them. I think they will help me.
    @Kurtize - I am glad you are resting. You don't want to over do it again. Joe and I talked about doing that walk. It would be amazing.
    @vexedangel678 - So glad you are getting back into everything. It sounds like everything just kinda fell into place for you this year. I love Fitbit. I used it for years. My husband this year got me a Samsung Watch 5. Which goes perfect with my Samsung Galaxy phone. I did find that sometimes my Fitbit would have trouble syncing with the app on my phone. Just to let you know.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,217 Member
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: Do not feel lonely, the entire universe is inside you.—Rumi
    I AM: I spend time with people who also show appreciation.
    Action for Happiness: Make time today to do something kind for yourself.
    Pliability QOTD: Success is not just about what you accomplish in your life, it’s about what you inspire others to do.—Unknown
    Day 1 I did 5.94 miles while active towards my 2024 miles. Day 1 of 75 Hard is complete. Starting my day with 16OZ of water before I go fill up my 64OZ bottle and get my protein coffee.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,104 Member
    edited January 2
    Options
    @Kurtize, you did AMAZING!! WOW! So happy you are home now and can enjoy the area. It sounds nicely!!
    @vexedangel678 WELCOME to the chat!!! I also prefer Fitbit over anything apple. LOL my friends tease me because MANY of them love apple, but I save $$$ etc. etc. etc. Hope you enjoyed the last day of vacation back to work on Weds. I MISS working and would go back in a heart beat if I could. I'd be very part time, I do not need the money, but I just enjoy dealing with customers. It was a large neighborhood grocery store. I've been in the area the majority of my life. It's a homey feeling. I hope work goes very well. NICE on the home gym!
    @Tabatha_Cain NICE JOB on the sign up of having a gaol of doing 31 miles in January. That sounds pretty doable though at work you are pretty much limited on how much you can move around. Maybe at lunch? Or on a break? Oh I've been raving for SURE if a bullet hit my car, sadly those who shoot them off do not care. LOVE LOVE LOVE that you did the pre assignments! THEY DO make a difference. Here's my exercise for this week. The top 3 are Sat, Sun, Mon and so on below: ITs from the pre assgnment #4 (exercise) I decided to have fun and make a picture of it and it's on my home page of my phone. I am ALWAYS it seems on the phone.
    yctv9jceubt8.png
  • vexedangel678
    vexedangel678 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 Thank you for the warm welcome. I love your exercise pics. I used to work as a cashier at a convenience store, and I loved rush when there would be a line of customers and I had the challenge of ringing them all through quickly and correctly. :) I hope work goes well tomorrow, too...
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @vexedangel678 What do you do for work? I am officially retired now. WOW! Those years went by SUPER FAST!! My favorite times at the store was before a blizzard (I live in Maine) or any storm we might lose electricity (LOL In the 90s I could not believe how many would RUSH in to rent videos!! Hehehehe no electricity LOLOL) or at holiday time.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Wednesday and I am hoping it is another good day. Yesterday at work was so busy. We were swamped, but it was a good day. I walked 1.30 miles yesterday during lunch. It was great, however I was super cold since it was 31F outside and windy. I had trouble getting warm all the rest of the day. I will be doing it again today though as I need to get it done every day. I think I will take one rest day. Just not sure what day. Probably Sunday. I am at a total of 2.54 miles for the Fundraiser right now.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - I went to lunch and ate my salad and then immediately started walking. I walked the parking lot from the office around the outer part of the parking lot. It was so cold yesterday. 31F outside and windy. My hands, face and thighs were frozen. I had a hard time getting warm afterwards. I will be doing it again today though. I love that picture. It is cute.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: The mind can exert an extraordinary effect upon the body—David R. Hamilton
    I AM: I cherish my flaws, because they make me uniquely wonderful.
    Action for Happiness: Do a kind act for someone else to help to brighten their day.
    Pliability QOTD: It’s not the will to win that matters-everyone has that. It’s the will to prepare to win that matters.—Bear Bryant
    Day 2 of 2024 miles in 2024 I did 5.82 miles Day 2 of 75 Hard is complete and Day 3 started out with 16OZ of water before going to fill up my 64OZ bottle and get my protein coffee.
    This afternoon after I get home from the gym headed to a specialty shoe store to get new shoes to wear every day.
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Happy Wednesday.

mnug7x55cma5.png
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain, brrr on the 31 and being cold!! Do you have warm mittens? I use a facemask but others use a nice scarf to keep their face warm, and of course, a hat helps the most with keeping the heat in since it won't go out of the head.
    @kurtize, or when a few minutes are not good, but that doesn't mean the rest of the day is bad. Goes for our emotional being healthier.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Thursday and it is going to be a good day. The snow and rain was bad yesterday so I was not able to walk yesterday. I felt bad about it, but I really did not want to go out there and walk during that. Would not have been too terribly bad with just the wind, but with the rain/snow mix it was going to be bad. I think today I will try and see if I have a scarf I can use. I think I might. Not a heavy duty scarf but something that will help I hope. Yesterday at work I was so busy. I sold the Grand Canyon Package with airline tickets, and they are coming back Friday to figure out transportation from the airport to the hotel in a city about 35 minutes away. So I am hoping that we can find something.

@macrat12 - Good luck finding some shoes. Sometimes the specialty stores are quite expensive.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - I don't really have warm gloves. They are just cheap knit gloves. I do need to get some good ones. I will have to look for a scarf or something. I think I might have a light weight one that will work temporarily. Thanks for the idea.

Well I hope you all have a great Thursday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain I got Hokas and my mom paid the same for hers online but I'm sure she paid shipping on hers.
    Insight Timer Quote: Surrender means wisely accommodating ourselves to what is beyond our control.—Sylvia Boorstein
    I AM: I believe I can have unlimited happiness in my life.
    Action for Happiness: Write a list of things you feel grateful for and why.
    Pliability QOTD: Gold metals aren’t really made of gold. They’re made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.—Dan Gable
    Day 3 of 2024 miles in 2024 complete and I did 6.53 miles and Day 3 of 75 Hard Complete. Beginning Day 4 of 75 Hard with 16OZ of water before going to get my protein coffee and fill my 64OZ bottle.

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain , Is your building big enough you can walk inside at all? Even a little or up and down any stairs? If stiars I'd take it very slowly at first, and build it up over time. That's such a super workout and even in the heat of summer is usually doable. I have to be creative living in Maine. WOOHOO on the sale!! That sounds AWESOME!! I am sure there must be an easy transport to the airport. Shoot I pay friends to drop me off. That always works, but not everyone has that option. PLUS I am only 12 mins from the airport. IF ONLY I could JUMP High into the air, most fly over the harbor. LOL!
    @Macrat12, How are you Sarah?
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,621 Member
    edited January 4
    Options
    Hi all! Sorry for not being on here that much. I enjoy reading up on everyone's activities.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -lol you are funny! Are you gonna get pounded this weekend though? Our news comes out of NYC so they are saying rain/snow mix-but on their weather map-you can see i am in the 3-6 inches area. My younger one (L) has an audition for an honors band on Saturday morning. We are hoping they don't try to use the snow date the next day-b/c it's sunday and that will be after all the snow comes! aw i hope it's a great program for you. It does help me stay on mfp longer and try to be more focused on my goals. Plus the games/QOTD are fun.
    @Tabatha_Cain -Congrats! So happy for you that you made your sales goals! Aw i am so sorry that people were doing gunshots and fireworks. It's scary for all our furry friends (and dangerous for humans -the gun shots). Our neighbors didn't do anything for new years- we were very grateful. Can you do indoor walking like in a living room? There are some decent walking videos on youtube (if that sounds good to you).
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Happy Thankful Thursday everyone. Got our bathroom finished. Burned lots of calories. It is rainy, snowy and sleet today, 31 outside. I got my first post card on my Jesus walk on the conqueror challenge walk. Here is link to blog. Hugs all
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10891931/joyces-walking-adventures#latest

Also want to share an article I got, challenge yourself to dream
    https://inspiremetoday.com/brilliance/challenge-yourself-to-dream/?o
  • NoelAnnne
    NoelAnnne Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I look forward to having company while i shed size and clutter. Unpack and create a home my exercises will include lots of sparkle!!!! Glad to get to know you!
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @BookieNJ, LOL imagine if I could jUmP (like the way I did the letters? LOL) up and be in the plane! So happy you finally get some snow!! They are telling us perhaps 6 plus inches. We shall seeeeeeee!!
    @Kurtize, did any snow hang around? Sunday they are saying 6 plus, but I'll wait until it's closer and my bones will tell me. GREAT JOB on the exercise and postcard!!
    @NoelAnnne, WOOHOO So happy to see you made it here!! Hey welcome aboard!! I could look, but which team are you on? LOL I am so LAZY!! Have you "met" Your Captain or any leaders or teammates yet?
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Friday. Woohoo. Tomorrow is the weekend. I think I will have another sale for travel today. On Wednesday I sold the railway and airline tickets, yesterday I sold a travel insurance policy and I may sell another one today. I am still working on the transportation for the client in Arizona, but I am sure I will find something. There has to be something. I am going to email someone today. Otherwise our options are very limited. So we will see how it works. Right now I am at 221.47 in sales revenue. Which isn't a lot but that is what the companies are paying AAA to sell those products for them. So that is what I use as my travel revenue to our office. But it is pretty good and I will be getting a bit more once I finalize the railway stuff because I also booked airline tickets for them and those are $35 each so another $70. Since airlines no longer pay commission on us selling their flights we charge a fee for booking those.

@macrat12 - That is good. Those are good shoes. I am very impressed with your dedication to walking. Do you take rest days from walking?
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - I could probably do laps inside the office. I am sure I could I just did not think of it. Sold travel insurance yesterday and I am probably going to sell some more today. So now I am even higher on the start of the year.
    @bookieNJ - I am sure I could do some inside walking. It was super scary for one of our dogs. The other 2 did not really care at all about the noisy fireworks.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Friday.

Tabatha