Yes Please INTRODUCE YOURSELF Here! Let's Get to Know You!

Options
13»

Replies

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,966 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done?
    This will be my first

What do you like to do for fun?
    I crochet and do puzzles

What major city do you live in or near? State?
    Seattle, Washington

What are you health/fitness goals for this season?
    I would love to lose at least 10 pounds

How would your pet or friend describe you?
    I loyal and love to have fun!

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can.
    I just finished the book by Reba McEntire on on

What is your favorite TV show?
    The Kelly Clarkson Show

Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house?
    Exercise

What always cheers you up?
    My children/grandchildren and my dogs

Anything else you would like to share?
    Looking forward to this challenge!
  • skaniski26
    skaniski26 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Too many to count. I started to do them when we were on SP.

What do you like to do for fun? Read, play games on my phone and talk to people on social media.

What major city do you live in or near? State? I live about 25 miles south of Pittsburgh PA

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? To get back in shape and get more mobile.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Caring

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Remodeling my bathroom.

What is your favorite TV show? I don't really have a favorite show anymore.

Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house? Wash a car

What always cheers you up? Music. Almost any kind of music.

2 fun things about you?

• JanetMH1
    JanetMH1 Posts: 2,221 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Too many to remember, but I did take a break this past year.

What do you like to do for fun? Jigsaw puzzles and reading

What major city do you live in or near? State? outside of Boise ID

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Getting more movement into my week.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Loyal and kind.

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Ordering groceries to feed the troops!

What is your favorite TV show? Just one? Recently it would be Survivor, but that just finished.

Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house? Wash a car.

What always cheers you up? Christmas movies and/or music. Yes...year round!

2 fun things about you? I am known for sarcastic humor. I am a true Raiders & Steelers fan!

Anything else you would like to share? It's good to be back for the accountability.
  • ExerciseRaider
    ExerciseRaider Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Started with SparkPeople in 2010. Not sure how many.

What do you like to do for fun? Exercise, read, hike.

What major city do you live in or near? State? I'm in Visalia CA (Central CA)

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Lose body fat, Tone up and be healthy.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Dedicated and loyal

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Fall Transformation Challenge inside the Red Hots

What is your favorite TV show? NCIS.

Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house? Exercise

What always cheers you up? Funny pet videos and classic rock n roll music.

2 fun things about you? I exercise faithfully and love to get together with friends.

• Dpecora653
    Dpecora653 Posts: 3,906 Member
    Options
    Started back on Spark and have been doing them ever since. Too many to count.

Read, crochet, cook and bake, exercise

I live in South Carolina-just outside of Charlotte, North Carolina

To maintain my weight and get my blood pressure to be back to the same numbers before I start taking thyroid medicine.

My friend would say I am passionate and an excellent special education teacher.

I just finished the book Y by Sue Grafton

I rarely watch TV but if I do it would be FBI

Exercise

Listening to music and dancing

2 fun things about you?
    I love to act silly to make my grandkids laugh and I was the teacher the 5th graders always wanted to come and eat lunch with.

I love to help, most people and students always came to me, even if it was to just listen, to help cope with any struggles they were having at the time.

• sunshineyourway
    sunshineyourway Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Since Sparkpeople, I lost count

What do you like to do for fun? I love Running Half Marathons,

What major city do you live in or near? State? Raleigh, NC

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I hope to run 100 Half Marathons this year. I made my goal for 2023.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Loving, compassionate and snuggly.

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Running a Half Marathon- last one for the year.

What always cheers you up? Being outdoors, listening to music

2 fun things about you?

• paceka2
    paceka2 Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Several years of doing these challenge, first on Spark People and maybe the last 4 here on MFP.

What do you like to do for fun? I haven't been very good at fun these past few years - I'm reading a book about it right now. If I figure it out, I'll let you all know.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Minneapolis, Minnesota

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I am still in recovery from spinal fusion surgery 18 months ago. The nerve to my right leg was damaged and is still healing. My main goal is to gain strength, especially in my right leg.

How would your pet or friend describe you? My Daisy thinks I'm the best doggie mom ever. My children think of me as someone they can go to when they are troubled or frustrated and I'll listen as they work things out.

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. The last thing I can remember finishing is a baby bunting I knitted for my grandson Jake - who is now 5. Life has been challenging for awhile now.

What is your favorite TV show?General Hospital - I don't think I've missed an episode since the late 80's

Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house? Exercise, hands down. I love my time at the gym.

What always cheers you up? My dog Daisy. She is a mix of Cocker Spaniel and Golden Retriever. She looks like a golden but with short legs. She is the bright spot in every day!

2 fun things about you?I was a professional dancer in my late teens and early 20's. I was with a company that danced at fairs, trade shows, and even several weeks at Diamond Lil's in downtown Minneapolis. I love dancing - just can't do it much any more!

Anything else you would like to share? I'm looking forward to this challenge being that we're starting a brand new year. 2022 and 2023 have not been the best for me so I'm hoping I'm able to feel a bit more normal in 2024.
  • dianetucker1
    dianetucker1 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? So many! Started with Sparkpeople

What do you like to do for fun? Laugh with family and friends. Walking, reading, playing games......

What major city do you live in or near? State? Illinois near St Louis Missouri

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Work on weight loss and strength training

How would your pet or friend describe you? Stingy with the treats! Walks are too long during the hot weather!

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Book....Pieces of her

What is your favorite TV show? Yellowstone

What always cheers you up? Grandkids

2 fun things about you? Like to dance. Love ballgames

• annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? This is my second

Knitting cooking

What major city do you live in or near? State? UK England

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? To lose weight and get more toned

Loyal , consistent

Exercise but I do love cleaning

What always cheers you up? My dogs

2 fun things about you?
    I like to have a laugh
    I like to try new things

I love walking my dogs and grooming them.
  • marg750me
    marg750me Posts: 2,703 Member
    Options
    Let's Get to Know You!

How many 5% Challenges have you done? Since 2014 all

What do you like to do for fun? Playing games on the computer, making recipes healthy, walking

What major city do you live in or near? State? Sharon Hill, PA

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Lose 10lbs/do more strength and stretching exercises

How would your pet or friend describe you? Bella very loveable owner. Friends I would do anything for them as I do

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Nothing unless you count baking cookies and giving 95% of them away

What is your favorite TV show? I watch channel 6 a lot day and night. In between Hallmark, cooking channel, and games

What always cheers you up? Talking to certain friends, family and watching a comedy movie

2 fun things about you? I’ve listened to the same radio station since I was 8yrs old I’m 73 now. I like the outdoors

Anything else you would like to share? I semi-retired in 2015 to watch my then 4yr old grandson. I work part-time fri & sat 3rd shift and when they need me to fill in during the week. Take friends and neighbors to where they need a ride to or pick up things for them

FYI: If my posting sometimes confuses anyone this is why: I try my best to go over what I write to add words I leave out. I'm dyslexia, I spell phonically, and I even confuse Word with my spelling sometimes when typing.

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,124 Member
    Options
    @Marg750me, It sounds beauitfully thought out. TY TY TY TY for putting this up.
  • pontond
    pontond Posts: 1,494 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Lot's of them.

We completed a Christmas village with Lego (bricks). It was so much work and so much fun.

Virginia Beach, VA

Lose weight. Get my eating under control.

Fun, kind, energetic, dependable, loving

I crocheted a Niffler. He is so ugly. My daughter wanted it for Christmas. We celebrate on NYE. I can't wait to see if she finds where I put him. I hid him in plain site and put some silver and gold hair clips in his pouch.

Friends

I love to exercise. I have to force myself to do the other 2.

My hubby and our pets.

2 fun things about you?
    I am creative. I walk and dance to my own tune, so I am unusual.
    I guess that I think like a kid and they adore me and often forget that I am an adult.
    Once at the beach, I was playing in the sand. A young girl joined me. I then said that I was going for a swim. She said "Don't you have to ask your mom?" She pointed to my teenage daughter. Hehe. My daughter didn't like that. Another time, I was at the park with my grandson and a kid asked him if his sister and he could play tag. We did and he was very clear that he didn't have a sister and that I was his grandma.

I can't wait for 2023 to be over. We had 3 very loved pets travel to Rainbow bridge since September. It has been very hard. We are both grieving. September 4 (the Duck - our 10YO cat - diabetes), September 11 (Bradley our 17 YO dog, Kidney failure and age), and December 18th (Payton our 18YO cat, kidney failure and age).
  • davis3222s
    davis3222s Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I did the in-between challenge. This is my first 10 week challenge.

baking, looking for recipes, chatting with friends,

Fort Wayne, IN, USA

360 minutes a week of strength + cardio and staying inside my calorie guide line.

Slowing down but going all out.

setting up a new tv. Now to get the wall bracket up.

Anything Mary Berry that come up.

Wash a car.

text from lake friend

2 fun things about you?
    I like to grow evergreens from cone. I'm learning folding clothes, so my drawers are a lot neater.

Anything else you would like to share? 2024 is a big year. I will be 80.
  • vexedangel678
    vexedangel678 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure--I started this past summer, so probably this is only my third? Not counting the in-between challenges.

Scrapbook/make cards, and paint my nails. Also make youtube videos.

What major city do you live in or near? State? I'm in Missouri.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Get back on track. Reach onederland.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Erratic, passionate, distracted.

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Not sure what this is asking? 😅 I just made 40 Christmas cards for next year with my Christmas papercrafting stash.

What is your favorite TV show? Right now, we're rewatching The Gilmore Girls

Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house? Probably exercise. LOL

What always cheers you up? Time to myself.

2 fun things about you? I've played piano for 38 years and I like to dye my hair fun colors.
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Several mainly during past couple years

What do you like to do for fun? travel, sports, craft fairs,

What major city do you live in or near? State? Los Angeles, CA

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Lower weight than I started with and firmer thighs and upper arms

How would your pet or friend describe you? what a sweetie

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. finding it difficult to finish things but working on clearing out my office

What is your favorite TV show? A&E, naked and afraid

Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house? exercise, if I'm mad will clean house

What always cheers you up? crisp weather & a warm bed, bright colors

2 fun things about you? I like people

• LoisHerbert
    LoisHerbert Posts: 179 Member
    edited January 2
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I have lost track, but I did several years in a row right before Sparkpeople closed.

What do you like to do for fun? Be creative, crafts or play games

What major city do you live in or near? State? Atlanta, GA

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? To lose between 15 -20 lbs which seems to be so difficult

How would your pet or friend describe you? Loyal and thoughtful

What is the last thing you finished? A Susan Wiggs novel The Beekeepers Ball

What is your favorite TV show? Mostly reality shows: Amazing Race, Survivor, Oak Island

What always cheers you up? Visiting with positive people and playing Mah Jong

2 fun things about you? I'm a good listener

Anything else you would like to share? When I did previous 5% challenges we lived in our own condo preparing our own meals. Now we live in a senior facility where one meal is provided which makes it more difficult to know how the food is prepared. I finally got smart and gave up eating ice cream every day substituting with jello. I'm caring for disabled husband. And, am dealing with some of my own "aging" issues.
  • angelonawing2
    angelonawing2 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? zero

What do you like to do for fun? Crochet, snuggle with my two Dachshunds, doing things at a Senior Center

What major city do you live in or near? West Jordan State? Utah

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Walk more even with a walker

How would your pet or friend describe you? loveable :p

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Crocheted a baby hat

What is your favorite TV show? too many. Dancing with the Stars, American Idol, America's got talent

Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house? HAHA either one burns calories .. Wash a car,, doesn't take as long

What always cheers you up? the SUN

2 fun things about you?
  • pmbrown111187
    pmbrown111187 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? ZERO
    What do you like to do for fun? Quilting, Embroidery, Crafts,
    What major city do you live in or near? Tennessee
    What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Exercise for 30min for 4 days of week. Get back in shape and good health.
    How would your pet or friend describe you? Loyal and Helpful
    What is the last thing you finished? Quilt
    What is your favorite TV show? Virgin River, Morning Show. Hallmark
    Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house? Clean house or bike ride
    What always cheers you up? Being around positive People
    2 fun things about you? Like to make people laugh and encourage people.
  • MagicalC13
    MagicalC13 Posts: 297 Member
    edited February 20
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? This is my first one on MFP. I did 3 or 4 on Sparkpeople

What do you like to do for fun? visiting with my grandkids, walk, painting, crafts, spend time my Doodle Dog spending time near water,

What major city do you live in or near? State? Prince George, BC

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Get back on track so I feel better

How would your pet or friend describe you? Enjoys the small things, loves to laugh

What is the last thing you finished? zMy 3rd ECE course

What is your favorite TV show? I don't watch alot of TV, the Chicago PD, Fire and Med

Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house? Depends on my mood

What always cheers you up? My husband, my dog, a good chat with a loved one. Talking with one of my grandkids or kids

2 fun things about you?I enjoy laughing and being silly

Anything else you would like to share? I still miss Sparkpeople. Especially being a leader on one of the BL Challenge teams their.