Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JANUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,578 Member
    Options
    Morning team! I'm dropping in to remind @megnolia82 @littlebabekitty @tylaK2015 to please post your weigh-ins for this week. Thank you!
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    I don't know about this motivator thing. It seems everything I write to help is really blunt and I'm not wanting to offend anyone. Smh.

You are good love your posts.
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    Trying to decide which Wednesday it is…which one is yours? Lol 😂

pwv5xg5p0vmf.jpeg

OR

lauuvrbhb34x.jpeg
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Day 3 and still tracking. The snacking is still an issue. I get so hungry at night and when I choose 'good' foods, I don't feel satisfied, which leads to more eating. :(
    I've also noticed a big issue with my bathroom scale. I try to place it smack in the middle of the same tile every week. However, moving it a couple millimeters can change the weight by a couple pounds or up to 5. I tend to move it around and whatever number comes up twice, is the number I use. Does anyone else experience this?

@trooworld my dog is male. His name is Scout (most days). He has several nicknames. (Pupperoni, Dog, Puppywuppy, etc).

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,086 Member
    Options
    Great news! @Jactop is coming back to the Slimpossibles :smiley: Many of you may remember them, and I am sure it will be great to have them back on the team.

I have added them to the spreadsheet - @katmary71 or @trooworld please fill in the weigh-in day, starting weight (from last week, best guess), and current weight once that day arrives this week, and then I'll re-order the roster as soon as I see the info there. Thanks!
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    Jactop wrote: »
    Weigh in day: Monday
    CW: 203.2
    Highest ever☹️:225

Hi Slims. It’s been a crazy year but I’m back. And pretty much where I left off

I’m Jackie, turned 60 in Oct and live in Ontario with my husband of 34 years and a Shepard named Jolene. Our daughter got married last year and my son and his fiancé are expecting their first baby next month. Can’t wait to be a gramma!

Looking forward to catching up on all the posts and hearing what everyone has been up to

Welcome back 💗
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @19shmoo69 You're doing great don't let anxiety get to you. If you aren't sure if being blunt with someone could be hurtful either soften it up or don't say it. One of your gifts is your sense of humor and I'm sure the friendly banter makes people more likely to speak up.

@morenin Having calories off for exercise is smart. Interesting I can understand that about the scale, it helps as far as knowing if you're logging things but it can lead to disordered eating too. I was seeing a therapist for awhile and she said her clients with eating disorders were all on here so I've kept that in mind. I think as long as you're losing well with your exercise calories off see how that goes. It is pretty eye-opening and I've found it very useful for things like baking and making recipes too however after 5 years I only do it for some things and not others. I did have to do it pretty religiously when I was close to goal though since there's less wiggle room. Yay for feeling less trapped and irritable!

@JadeGypsyxo Yes glad you were able to post! Haha you're definitely with a group who gets the frustration of losing posts! It's funny there's a whole new realm of things only MFPers know that gets pretty large over time. I actually haven't seen House of 1000 Corpses I'll keep an eye out. Grr I hate when I go somewhere and forget to get my main item.

@micaroo4 The month trials to see what happens is a great idea. I think one of my biggest losing then maintenance things was realizing there's not 1 way to eat and exercise even just for myself since so much can change activity and health-wise. It's interesting you feel better right away from produce, I tend to feel better right away from cutting the carbs and sugar when I'm not doing as well. I came across cookies in my car today after I'd done a treatment at the holistic center and while they looked great I didn't want to have that but a healthy meal to help the treatment settle in.

@trooworld Oh thank goodness you have a day off, I hope you do something special that day (or stay in bed in your pjs all day reading). Thank you! OK we need to get you out of the crisis category pronto! Great job pre-tracking! Oh shoot up that Vitamin C and Immunity tea! I've been getting Trader Joe's Echinacea tea for when I'm exposed to colds and it seems to help some. I hope your hubby is feeling better soon! I'm never had so many people around me sick at once.

@morenin What a gorgeous kitty! How sweet of her to help you type!

@Veta2018 I love your goals! Elephants are beautiful, I'm curious to see the one on the wall.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Haha that interpretation is actually close to a popular meme going around when I joined here, it was along the lines of the time is going to pass no matter what so you may as well do something toward a goal. You can swap around how you think by coming up with positive versions too even if your first instinct is negative. Both Hunter and Kismet are beautiful, they're giving off such peaceful vibes together.

@gemwolf110 I think I'm the first Wednesday until right after my workout when I was the second one for a bit, I'm back to the first! One of my friends on MFP does “Crazy Sock Wednesday” where we wear crazy socks and she posts a collage of them on her feed at the end of the day. It cheers me up more than I would've thought plus the fun socks make me smile.

@sleepygirl79 Hm what is your good food diet? Are you low on protein when you do this? If I eat just fruit and veggies especially when I'm lifting weights I have to up protein or I'm extremely exhausted. I've had issues cutting fat too far back too. Could be tweaking the macro balance would help. I have had that with the scale, if I get on and off I tend to lose weight so I'd weigh then let it turn off and weigh again. Is there anywhere else you can put it or put a piece of wood under it? I wouldn't worry about a pound but a couple or five difference would bug me too.

@Jactop Welcome back Jactop, so happy to see you! You AND Teresa in the same month, yay! I need to go post on @AustinRuadhain 's wall that she's missing out! Congratulations on the grandchild around the corner!

@TeresaW2024 I use my air fryer a lot though the Instant Pot gets the most action in winter. Did you post the chicken chili recipe? I usually make skinnytaste's chicken taco chili but would be game to try a new one. My neighbor just came home from the hospital and I'd like to take her some food and had been thinking of the chicken taco chili. Great job on the full-body workout, woot woot! Great news on Joe not needing a shot!

@FushiaKat I'm curious what has you thinking going lower would be worthwhile? It might be worth going down a pound at a time and seeing what you think plus if you change your mind having it open to stay or go more may take the stress of being 5 pounds down off you if that makes sense. Glad you're happy with your monitor, it sounds awesome! Wow your Christmas room is awesome, I bet you place high!

Hi everyone! Love seeing all the great conversation and having old friends back and making new ones, good stuff! I got my workout in then went to the holistic clinic and used a machine on my legs and feet, I don't currently have much feeling to the touch and didn't feel a lot from the Terahertz machine at least in the legs and feet but the last couple times I used it, it helped the freezing nerve pain for a couple weeks. I tried another machine to calm me down afterward so I'll see how it goes. Did Walmart pickup for all my bath stuff and cat food then went to the library to talk about classes I'm going to take for the charity on grant writing. I came across cookies in my car when I was real hungry and didn't eat them, yay!

No Zero Days- cleaning, workout, and eating healthy plus hopefully things that will help pain in the long run. I still need to toss 10 things.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @Jactop I wanted to point out you're NOT where you started, you're over 20lbs away from your highest AND you have a track record of how to do this. I always think of you when I think of someone with hardcore willpower working in a chocolate store!
  • JadeGypsyxo
    JadeGypsyxo Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Okay this is stupid but can someone explain to me what PW and SW is. I know CW is current weight right?

Last time I weight myself I was 159 (last weigh in, last week)

Now I'm 155.8

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,905 Member
    Options
    @morenin OH what a pretty kitty! Those eyes are incredible! What's their name? Oh sodium...I use way too much. I feel your struggle! Congrats on the drop!

@Veta2018 Oh good! And you are welcome! Oh Benny, what a sweet face and what a great pic! Valeta is a beautiful name. Great goals.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Yay! 9 days is a great streak. That's good you ordered healthy groceries. Oh what a great pic of Hunter and Kismet. Kismet is beautiful and looks so soft.

@gemwolf110 Thankfully, it's Thursday now but I think my Weds was like the first one lol.

@sleepygirl79 Great job tracking! What about if you pretrack your meals and pretrack those snacks that you enjoy? Oh gosh, I wonder if getting a different scale would help? That must be frustrating. Cute names for Scout!

@Jactop Welcome back! I'm glad you are here. Congrats on the upcoming grandbaby!

@TeresaW2024 Oh man, you really are in for it with total body cardio lol...great job with your workouts! I hope you aren't too sore after that. Yes, we will turn it around, most of us know what to do we just need to do it! Myself included. So far, I am just experiencing normal allergies. Oh dear, I just read you are sore from the full-body workout. Do you take Epsom salt baths? They seem to help me. I'm glad Joe is doing okay. Yay for a good month for him!

@FushiaKat I'm glad you got your new monitor and you like it. Cool Christmas room, good luck in the contest!

@19shmoo69 YAY!!! I'm glad, Darren. I think once you get used to it, you'll be great. Really. :D

@Katmary71 Yeah I'm looking forward to it now that I know it's happening lol. I think I'm on my way with the pretracking and eating healthy snacks. My meals are always pretty good (for the most part). It's the snacks that get me. You remind me, I've got a bunch of Emergen-C I can take! He's feeling better, I think he'll go to work today. I hope the machine helps. Wow, great job not eating the cookies!

Hi all. I did much better yesterday: pretracked all but snacks (and snacks were healthy and intended), drank double the water that I did the day before. Today, I pretracked it all. We'll see how it goes.

No Zero Days: water was good, pretracked

Please fill out our survey by 1/7/2024: https://forms.gle/hrtVY35g64TVPEz39

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,905 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Just a quick thank you to all who have filled out our survey so far. Please, if you haven't, fill out the survey by tomorrow at 8 pm PST. Thanks in advance: https://forms.gle/hrtVY35g64TVPEz39
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    @FushiaKat Wow, what an inspiration you are in reaching your goal weight and going into maintenance! I can’t wait until I can get into a medium (or even a large! :D ) I have a curved monitor at work and like it. This makes me think that now that I do most of my work at home, maybe I should switch it out for my home monitor. Hmm? I’m going to think about that! Love your Christmas village. So cool! 🙂

@Katmary71 I used a recipe from Skinny Dish
    https://theskinnyishdish.com/instant-pot-white-chicken-chili/#recipe I changed it up a little and used Bush’s white chicken chili Great Nothern beans that are already seasoned so I adjusted my seasoning to taste. I also used a can of Mexi corn just because that is what I had on hand. It was so good! :) I see you are still doing everything to take care of your body. I hope the machines help! <3

@trooworld, no I haven’t taken an Epsom salt bath but I do pop my sister’s muscle relaxers. :D
    Good job pre-tracking. That is what I’m working on too. I have a spreadsheet and can adjust as needed but I’m really trying to stick to what I plan before I eat it.

Good morning! I had a good night's sleep and feel like I can tackle day four of Dig Deeper. Today is upper body which I like much better than leg days. I’m having a pain in my right ear that woke me up a couple of times. I better not be getting an ear infection!! I don’t plan to do much today other than some housework. I’m working on a 3000-piece puzzle and will probably work on it later while binging some Love is Blind. I think I love this show because hubby and I met online and then moved in together before ever meeting face to face. Fortunately, we had wayyy less drama than some of these people have on the show. :D
    Word for 2024 - Strive
This discussion has been closed.