Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JANUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 I can do wall push-ups! I can also do them on my knees if my right shoulder isn’t causing me grief. I hope you can stay strong and away from depression. I imagine getting in the sun and working in the garden is a big help for you. I’ve never had split pea soup but often wondered what it taste like. :D Those kitties!! <3<3

@badnoodle, I’m a Southern transplant and have never done the greens & beans. We had burgers and sweet potato fries. I hope I can still get some dollars and cents this year! :D

@JadeGypsyxo accidental deleting is the worst!! I type my post in a Google Doc because of that very reason. ;)

@trooworld way to go not fighting with hubby during the stress of taking down Christmas and putting something together. I bought a rebounder and putting it together yesterday with hubby did cause me a bit of stress and I had to bite my tongue more than once :D

@morenin Yeah, I know it can be frustrating to do everything you feel is right and still not see the scale move, or worse move in the wrong direction. Have you considered not having MPF track your workouts? It can be very difficult to track a calorie burn. I have mine set to sedentary even though I do work out. Also, if you have increased your activity your body may be holding on to water. Keep working out and drink more water and that might get things moving in the right direction. :)

@txcritter69 Diesel is gorgeous! <3 Getting to play old vinyl records is so cool. I would love that! I’ve had to make it a strict rule that once I’m done eating dinner the kitchen is closed. Brush your teeth, get some water, and be done.

@vegan4lyfe2012 It’s good to be back!! Wow, congrats on the grandbabies! That is wonderful. :)

Hello everyone! I did day two of the program, which was legs. Whew!! I have a long way to go before I’m back to the shame I once was. I will probably be sore tomorrow but like they say, “NO pain, NO gain!” :D I went into the office today and did end-of-the-month work. I need to clean out some files and make room for 2024 but I didn’t feel like it. I might drag hubby up there with me tomorrow since he has a doctor’s appointment nearby. We are also planning to go see the baby. My nice finally settled on a name. Elliot Rome and we will call him Eli. OK, I need to go get dinner started. White chicken chili in the Instant Pot.
    Word for 2024 - Strive
  • 865jessica
    865jessica Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    @micaroo4- Earl is a handsome baby. He looks so very soft and cuddly.

Hi, everyone! Tuesday is going well, I did another 30 mins on the treadmill and increased my speed. I was going to do 45mins but I think I need to focus on getting back in the groove again. Doing salmon patties, garden vegetable rice and broccoli for dinner. It's my go to meal when I don't want to cook but want to be healthy.
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    micaroo4 wrote: »
    Since we are showing off our animals, I have to post a picture of Earl!
    outtd7n6ehde.jpg

Gorgeous kitty 🐱
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    Since everyone is showing pics of their pets, here's mine. I've been training them but only two would actually sit up.
    8k5i59hbsd27.jpg

That’s hilarious 😆 tell them to listen. 🎧
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Jumping on the bandwagon
    t7uycjh4t150.jpeg
  • morenin
    morenin Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    @morenin Yeah, I know it can be frustrating to do everything you feel is right and still not see the scale move, or worse move in the wrong direction. Have you considered not having MPF track your workouts? It can be very difficult to track a calorie burn. I have mine set to sedentary even though I do work out. Also, if you have increased your activity your body may be holding on to water. Keep working out and drink more water and that might get things moving in the right direction. :)

I will set MFP to not track work outs, that may help! Water I'm trying to hit a good level on, 10 cups in one day was too much. I will keep trying!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,578 Member
    Options
    @badnoodle I came close to getting black-eyed peas but had just bought split peas for leftover ham, we usually do sauerkraut and pork on the first but my brother's family has Covid and my folks are sick. Hopefully it will still help with good luck! I have collard greens in my garden and it's almost time to harvest.

@JadeGypsyxo I know losing your post is super annoying! The easiest to do if you're writing a long post is to copy and paste it from a word document. If @TeresaW2024 and the previous motivators hadn't shared that I would've quit the group because that drove me crazy! You never lose a few words it's always like 10 responses.

@gemwolf110 Thank you, I'll tell the boys what you said!

@trooworld The Split Pea soup is from the Rootitoot cookbook, the only things I changed were adding some pearl barley and adding some marjoram. Here's the recipe if anyone who doesn't have the cookbook but has a pressure cooker would like to try it: https://rootitoot.com/recipes-and-cooking/soups/ham-and-split-pea-soup/ I hope that strawberry mint grows! The light on the old Aerogarden is a pain, it's so bright it keeps me up and there's no way to change and it doesn't seem to be on a 24 hour cycle. When I start all the seedlings I turn them off at night. That's a long stretch of work with no days off!

@morenin Yes MFP adds more calories than you're probably burning, it's very generous with burn amounts. I think that's where your main problem is but tightening up logging (weighing food for example and logging grams versus “one piece of fruit”) might be worthwhile too. I saw where you said you'll not track workouts, that's a good idea. You could also Google the amount you're doing and what the burn is for someone your weight then add it yourself.

@txcritter69 Diesel is so regal-looking! That's a gorgeous photo of him, he's really beautiful and the background is gorgeous. I love that you were listening to your old records while cleaning, that sounds so fun! I still listen to a lot of 80s music for the same reason, good memories. Should we make our own cleaning goals? I'm throwing away 10 things a day minimum then cleaning.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Hm on the catchphrase not sure, my first couple years here if I would start to feel shy or was hesitant to do something I'd just do it or Go For It would go through my head.

@micaroo4 Earl is so handsome! I'm glad you shared him, I love seeing everyone's pets!

@TeresaW2024 Anything in the classic push-up pose, plank, or downward dog flares me up, sounds like we have some of the same no-no's! It's raining right now, I did stop by the farm earlier before it started to talk to the farm manager and it was great to see how everything was doing. Here's my recipe: https://rootitoot.com/recipes-and-cooking/soups/ham-and-split-pea-soup/ it's for an Instant Pot or pressure cooker. Hard to describe it, it's like a green pea and lentil! It's usually made with a ham bone, chopped ham, or bacon for flavor though I've done a vegan version with jalapenos and that was real good too. Elliot Rome is a beautiful name! Haha guess you DO have an IP, the white chicken chili sounds delicious.

@865jessica Your dinner sounds so good, way to go on not overdoing it getting back into routine today.

@19shmoo69 LOL, nice pets!

@sleepygirl79 Your pup is gorgeous!

Hi everyone! So happy to see how many of us who struggle with winter depression are here posting. Today's my 5 years since I came back and got my act together. Workout went well, went to the store, and spent some time at the farm and in my garden. I decided to toss 10 things a day and clean what I can, today I also got a box of my Mom's books together to return.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!
  • JadeGypsyxo
    JadeGypsyxo Posts: 59 Member
    edited January 3
    Options
    Ok so I did my post in notes first bc if it gets deleted again ima cry. It is devastating. Nobody else but us knows the true devastation of writing a long thought out post and having it deleted for NO REASON. We need an extra support group cause I was really sad about it last night 🤣

@txcritter your dog is beautiful and so is that pic. You should be a photographer. I'm also on the no late night snack train. Let's help each other. I do good allllll day and then at 2am I'm like let's just eat a whole sleeve of Oreos 🤩

@morenin it's always a good thing to go get checked for things like blood work and hormones etc. I did that and it turns out I'm deficient in a bunch of vitamins which was contributing to like all my issues. it could also be you have just plateaued (I don't think I spelled that right) which is okay. My calorie goal is about the same.

@vegan it's funny you like horror movies bc my whole family loves them. My son and my sister are crazy about them and I do like them but I'm not trying to see every single one. But this week I've watched House of 1000 corpses (a classic), Polaroid which was stupid, and ..... I can't remember. Oh yeah. Ma.

@micaroo 🎶 Good bye, Earl
    We need a break,let's go out to the lake, Earllllllll 🎶

My day was good. I totally forgot to get a scale and then I went to WALMART specifically for a scale and then forgot and bought a bunch of other random stuff I didn't need. And walked out with no scale. And then I went to the doctors office and didn't ask them to get on the scale even though I was thinking about it on the way there. I have scale issues ☹️. But I promise to weigh in tomorrow.
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    @morenin forgive me for not getting back with you. I wrote and deleted a few times.
  • morenin
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    @morenin Yes MFP adds more calories than you're probably burning, it's very generous with burn amounts. I think that's where your main problem is but tightening up logging (weighing food for example and logging grams versus “one piece of fruit”) might be worthwhile too. I saw where you said you'll not track workouts, that's a good idea. You could also Google the amount you're doing and what the burn is for someone your weight then add it yourself.

I've turned off exercise calories, so perhaps that will help. I am honestly a little uncomfortable about using a kitchen scale to be utterly exact, because I have trouble seeing me doing it for the rest of my life. I'm also a bit worried my unhelpful brain will try to give me an eating disorder. I will think on it and price scales.
    @morenin it's always a good thing to go get checked for things like blood work and hormones etc. I did that and it turns out I'm deficient in a bunch of vitamins which was contributing to like all my issues. it could also be you have just plateaued (I don't think I spelled that right) which is okay. My calorie goal is about the same.

I will schedule a check up with my doctor to make sure everything's under control. It's possible the biotin I take because of my hair falling out is masking my thyroid condition acting up. Or some other random thing I didn't think of!
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    @morenin forgive me for not getting back with you. I wrote and deleted a few times.

It's fine! I just got on the scale and hit a low point! Now that I have some things to try, I feel less trapped and irritable. :)
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,980 Member
    Options
    @morenin - I'm coming at this from the prospective of a maintainer. I used to fret about trying to determine my exact calorie requirement. There are just too many variables and you can't control them all. What I did when I was trying to lose weight was decide how much I would consume. I ate that amount for a month, and checked my progress daily on the scale. If the scale was trending down (aiming for a 5 pound loss per month), then I would stick with that calorie range. If I wasn't seeing progress, I would first add more exercise. If that didn't work, then I would tick it down 100 calories. I get on the scale daily. Although my weight can fluctuate dramatically from day to day, it's all about spotting trends.
    As far as having a kitchen scale, it's a useful item especially if you BAKE. Weighing flour is so much more accurate than measuring with a cup. Baking is chemistry, and having exact quantities will definitely make your baking better. But for the body, you don't have to be that exact. When I was losing weight, I was logging my food in a notebook and ball parking the calories. Not tracking macros on anything else. And it worked. The main thing for me was to make peace with fruits and vegetables. When I weighed 220, I think the only veggies that I ate were potatoes, or random veggies on pizza, and the only fruit I ate was baked into a pie or muffin. When I started on my weight loss journey, I made a point of eating 2 fruits and 3 veggies a day, and "unlimited" raw veggies in salad, and if I was hungry, and extra serving of cooked veggies.
    Move forward with confidence, because you can definitely do it.
    -Mica
  • morenin
    Options
    @micaroo4 I'll pick up a scale, and see how I do. I'm working on 5 servings of non starchy produce a day, getting there slowly.
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,980 Member
    Options
    @morenin - remember, you don't have to add 5 servings of produce all at once. One of the things that I noticed was that adding veggies makes me feel better - not eventually, but right away. Feeling better the very next day. And if I have a day when I don't eat as much produce, I also definitely FEEL that on the following day. It's like the produce helps my charge my body battery.
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    Jumping on the bandwagon
    t7uycjh4t150.jpeg

💗 so cute. Loving all the furkids photos
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,905 Member
    Options
    @19shmoo69 Good, thanks for letting me know. LOL there you go with your coffee! :D I love your "pets" lol.

@morenin I have heard it suggested not to eat back the calories that you earn as they can be greatly inflated. To find out how many calories you need to eat, I would suggest going to this site and figuring out your base and then look at the calculation for "cutting" macros under "Macronutrients" about halfway down the page. https://tdeecalculator.net/ Then, adjust your MFP to match those numbers. You may not be eating enough, 1,000 is definitely not enough and even 1,400 is probably not enough depending on your weight and how much you are exercising. You could check with your doctor to see what they suggest as far as a daily goal as well. Hang in there, you'll get there!

@txcritter69 DIESEL!!! <3 I love that dog, he's so handsome. That's cool that you still have vinyl! My officemate gave me a bracelet made out of a vinyl record, a Pat Benatar record. It was purchased many years ago at the Hard Rock Cafe. It's pretty cool. I am also doing a no-spend month. Can you snack on fruit and veggies when the night munchies strike?

@vegan4lyfe2012 I usually air fry my baked potatoes but maybe I'll try steaming them next time. Yum! "I eat as nature intended me to!" How's that for a little catchphrase? Something along those lines. I totally forgot I DO get MLK Jr day off, yay!!!

@micaroo4 Earl is so handsome and regal-looking! Thanks for sharing.

@TeresaW2024 LOL you know what I mean then. :D I'm glad you were able to bite your tongue! How's your legs today? Great job! I like that name, what a great name.

@865jessica Dinner sounds yummy! Great job with the treadmill.

@sleepygirl79 Who's this handsome fella or lady? So pretty and happy!

@Katmary71 That sounds like a great addition. I'll let you know about the strawberry mint. I hope to plant it soon! I actually realized thanks to Jennifer that I do have MLK Jr day off on Jan 15th, so yay!!! Happy 5 year anniversary! Have a great day!

@JadeGypsyxo Girl, you are speaking my language...I always write my post in Notepad because of the deletion thing. It's so frustrating, I'm sorry that happened!

@19shmoo69 Is that your shyness talking or do you really think you don't want to do it? It's okay either way. We still love ya!

Hi all. I am at what I call a "crisis weight" as of yesterday's doctor's visit: the funky stuff stops now and I get on the ball. I am pre-tracked for the day thanks to the new MFP Premium program that is about small steps. I will also work on water today. My husband has a cold and it's only a matter of days before I get it, too. Have a great day!

Please fill out our survey by 1/7/2024: https://forms.gle/hrtVY35g64TVPEz39

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • morenin
    Options
    9dn2twqr2oml.jpg

Since everyone is showing adorable babies, here's the one trying to help me type right now!

@trooworld Thanks for the site address, I will take a look! I definitely know my arch-enemy sodium is back; I dropped 1.5 lb. overnight, I assume retained water weight. One more thing to tweak in my diet.
This discussion has been closed.