Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JANUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    @Cornanda - Thank you! Go You! You're doing great too.
    @Bethanie0825- You did good maintaining.
    @micaroo4 - Great job on staying in your maintenance range.
    @JadeGypsyxo, @morenin, @tammymccrady6278, @Jactop, @megnolia82, @littlebabekitty, @TeresaW2024, and @askewcr - Nice loss. Wow everyone is doing great!
    @laurelfit57, @Sleepygirl79, and @AmbersWay - Hang in there and you'll see some change soon.
    @vegan4lyfe – Happy Belated 50th Birthday! I hope you had a great day.
    @txcritter69 – I do that too. I have chocolate sitting on the end table, I’ve been hold out as long as I can before eating it.
    @19shmoo69 – What a great picture of the birdfeeders with Cardinals. I have one of a woodpecker but I couldn't find it to share.
    @trooworld – I have some tasks around here my husband’s supposed to do too. The list is getting bigger. I don't push too hard cause he goes to work everyday while I get to stay home.
    @Katmary71 - Thank you for sharing the podcast, I'll watch it when I've completed my post.

I tried to mention everyone. I accidentally deleted it when I switched pages a couple times so I got mixed up a little.

Sorry, I've been Mia. I just haven't been in much of a mood to socialize. I guess I didn't want to be a Debbie Downer. We have been dealing with the bitter cold temperatures.(below 0°) Our cold water pipes in the bathroom froze. We were able to get them thawed and can now flush the toilet again. It should be back in th 30's next week. I'm ready for the weather to warm up so we can have bbq’s, garden, and go camping.(jealous) During the past few days I've been able to work on decluttering. I cleaned out some drawers in the kitchen and bedroom. Threw out a bunch of hotel soaps and shampoos I collected and have never used. My husband hasn't been eating the foods I've been preparing. And I can only eat leftovers so many times. So I prepared some processed foods for him. Then I was tempted to eat them a couple times. Ugh. I think he's just going to have to eat what I prepare.
    bzkqgailyoyj.png
    It may not sound like a bad habit to some, but my bad eating habit is skipping meals. I will go all day with out eating and then overeat at dinner or all night. I’ve created some strategies but they don't always work. I have an alarm that goes off every 3 hour. I think it might be a difficult time make choices or deciding what to eat. I plan meals and snacks ahead of time but when it's time to eat them, I'm not always in the mood.

💪Mission Slimpossible Strong!💪
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 Yes, I started taking the Creatine yesterday and I swear I had more energy and stamina to do the whole workout which is about 50 minutes long. I’m also taking Beachbody Engerize which has beta-alanine, caffeine, and quercetin which helps with energy and my performance to go harder. I’m doing everything I can to make this workout program work for me. :)

@FushiaKat I hope all goes well with Leo and that the vet can find an easy fix for him. I’ve heard from others that I know that learning to live in maintenance with their weight does take time to adjust to because most of us have been dieting for so long that it’s become who we are. Feeling comfortable in a small-size sweater is awesome and should make you feel amazing! :)

@trooworld The tenderloin came from Aldis and was already seasoned. They also have garlic and a teriyaki one that I want to try. All for under $6.00! I also bought their wild Alaskan salmon and it was wonderful. Alidi’s for the win!! :D I hate hectic days that aren’t on my terms too. Good job staying out of the cafe and eating what you planned. :)

@txcritter69 Ewww poor you and Diesel! The smell of skunk is truly one of the worst smells, which is what keeps those little fur balls alive. :D

Hello everyone! Today was a good day. Seriously, I woke up to 14 degrees! And I don’t want to hear from our Northern friends. I live in Georgia!! :# But I did brave the cold and took Mom to Walmart and then Maggie Mae had her annual vet visit. She is perfect but needs her teeth cleaned again. We will do that this summer. I have an event committee meeting this evening but plan to leave Joe home so I can use him as an excuse to skip Bible study and come straight home. I’m tired!! I don’t know when these hard workouts are supposed to start giving me more energy but it needs to hurry the heck up! :|
    Word for 2024 - Strive
    Sugar-Free 18 days!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,610 Member
    Options
    @FushiaKat I hope things with Leo go well and it's just him being finicky. I get what you're saying is there something else you can view as a challenge or goal that's not weight-related like increasing flexibility or eating more produce? I like to have things like that to focus on so I'm not bored and still feel challenged. We get a lot of reinforcement when losing weight with NSVs and lower numbers on the scale and our clothing sizes go down but with maintenance the goal is staying the same.

@laurelfit57 Thank you! Hope you're doing well!

@Cornanda Hope you got that workout in! Great idea with meals and having things frozen ready to go. LOL I get that about talking to yourself and not always listening! I did that with asking if I was really hungry or not and sometimes the answer was no but still felt like eating.

@19shmoo69 Safe travels! I'm sure with all the storms flights are a mess.

@trooworld Yay keep up the great work tracking and avoiding the cafe! I'm glad today will be more on your terms, I tend to need those days after the super busy ones.

@txcritter69 Oh no that's the WORST smell good luck destunking Deisel and your loveseat!

@Veta2018 Just the thought of warm weather activities made me smile, thank you! I've been ordering seeds and have been daydreaming of spring already. That is a tough habit as you don't want to overeat later but may not feel like eating. I've struggled with that with being hypoglycemic where I'd have to eat something so I'm not low later whether I'm hungry or not and these days I get heartburn if I take my muscle relaxer on an empty stomach.

@morenin Sounds like the walks are good for you both! Oh good I'm glad you ordered the fabric band. I held out on that for the longest time as I was mad I'd have to order a different band when there's was supposed to be “hypoallergenic” yet seems a lot of people have issues with it. Soon the itching will end! Good luck with the water today!

@TeresaW2024 Wow sounds like you're taking a couple things to help energy! My brother bought “Alpha Brain” and it made him real nauseous so he offfered it to me, it's a supplement Joe Rogan came up with and I chose to pass on it as I was thinking of the first time I tried Viveran and was bouncing off the walls. I didn't know Beachbody had a supplement, it SOUNDS like it would be great for energy. Haha you're doing great you'll get to a place where you have more energy soon! I honestly keep working out as I don't want to get to that worn out place again. I'm tired often now from my medications but remember when I first started working out it was real tough to get going. Hope the meeting goes well tonight!

Hi team! On early as I have a meeting tonight to help pick out a project on Big Day of Service for the charity to spearhead. I think the president is going with me. It's not raining so not sure if there will be a micro current class tonight, if so I'd leave early from the meeting for class. Hopefully they'll reach out to me if it happens. I spend 3 hours taking notes with the micro current library the inventor has, I have one more month of the free sessions then it will be $59 so I'm trying to suck up as much info as I can! I didn't do my relaxation stuff last night but am making an effort to get it in early today. I'm doing the Fat2Fit water challenge right now too and the herbal teas are good at night as well. Have a great rest of Wednesday and Thursday everyone.
  • morenin
    morenin Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    And I don’t want to hear from our Northern friends. I live in Georgia!!

*shivers at Teresa* -6 F outta nowhere is still hard to adapt to up North *grins*. And the heat in my mom's nursing home is being "erratic", so they're having to move her floor. Layers are key I'm being reminded, even if exercising outside. I look like a mobile blanket pile walking a bundled up doggy. Coco, however, is delighted to get out in the snow many times a day, I think she doesn't realize she's half Australian cattle dog and inherited the thin coat. If I didn't think the bugs in summer would kill me, it would be time to think about moving!
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,066 Member
    Options
    @txcritter69 - I remember someone telling me to put out bowls of white vinegar to help get the smell of skunk out of the house. I don't know if it's actually effective, but it makes you feel like you're doing something. I hope you can open windows and air out the house! Dawn dishwashing liquid works pretty good at getting the stink off the dog, but it takes about 3 baths. I hope the loveseat is not ruined.

@FushiaKat - I hope Leo is OK. Please do let us know.

-Mica
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    @Jactop the second thing I do when I wake up is open the app. Once it's open I close it. That's all that the 530 number means. I go back later to check posts, comments and group stuff.
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Sooooooo Team Mission Slimpossible Thursday's are going to be the Ice Breaker Question Day. This is to open up dialogue for those that like to chat or want to chat but just don't know where to start. Since I get to orchestrate the questions they just might be very personal or possibly invoke an emotional response. Let's get right to it.

Question: What kind of ice do you like? Cube, flake, round, hollow or crushed? You might even make your own. My mom used to make sweet tea cubes or Kool aid cubes.

As for me and my house we like Sonic crushed ice. A little thing about me is I'm not a huge fan of Dr. Pepper. However I like Sonic ice with just a touch of Dr. Pepper on it. I call it Dr. Pepper ice.
    My daughter surprised me one day by bringing some home to me after work. It was a blessing.

Now it's your turn.

Just so you know I was joking about the questions being personal. If they are it wasn't by design.
    Have a blessed day.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited January 18
    Options
    @txcritter69 Oh no! That does sound like a rotten way to start your day. I hope the rest of your day was better.

@Veta2018 Yeah I don't push too hard either, as if I do, it will have the opposite effect of what I want lol. I'm sorry you've been kind of down and not in the mood to socialize. I'm glad you got the pipes unfrozen, that must have been a pain. Good job decluttering! I would say if he wants something different, let him cook lol.

@morenin Oh I wouldn't enjoy that cold lol. I'm glad you are getting out with your pup and that she's enjoying it. I'm glad you replaced the band. I hope that helps. I also use water flavorings, my favorite are the Skittles tropical mixes.

@TeresaW2024 Ah nice and easy! Wow, great deal. Thank you! Wow, that's cold, I didn't know it got that cold in Georgia. I hope you got some rest. Congrats on 18 days of sugar free!

@Katmary71 Thanks! Yes, me too. Did you have your microcurrent class? Always good to get more water in.

@Cornanda Yes, you do got this. Good goals for the rest of the month.

@19shmoo69 Oh interesting question! I have these ice cube trays that make round ice balls. I really like the ice cubes as they look "fancy" and make me want to drink more liquids. I like the idea of making flavored cubes. Maybe I'll do that this summer with coffee for iced coffee. Dr. Pepper ice sounds tasty!!!

Hi all. I did okay yesterday but I did get into some chocolates throughout the day. I think it was a leftover response from my hectic day the day before. BUT I ended the day under my cal goal by 196 so it's not too bad. I did well with water: I drank over 100 ounces. This is partially because I'm adding zero-calorie Skittles tropical drink mixes to the water. Makes it a lot easier to drink a lot of water!

No Zero Days: Stuck to my planned snack, drank a lot of water, tracked

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 588 Member
    edited January 18
    Options
    @Katmary71 - Oh, I love me some herbal teas. I used to drink them all the time but cut back to make room for more water.

@morenin - Drink, drink, drink....I seen a water bottle at the store that had marks on it measuring how much you should drink every hour. I used to drink tea all day. It took a little bit to adjust to drink more water. Now, I drink 1 full glass first thing every morning and another 5 throughout the day. I agree with you and I bet @vegan4lyfe2012 would feel the same. I can handle 14 degrees it's the wind chill of -25°F that gets my bones aching. Today, it's a high of 27°.

@TeresaW2024 - I eat a healthy snack an hour before my workout to give me more momentum to get through it, but sometimes I still feel sluggish during the workout. I don't feel the energy till after I've completed my workout. I'm considering using Creatine. I like that it helps the muscles recover more quickly because I've been using dumbbells daily. I'm concerned though, it doesn't give you a jittery affect, does it? Oh...and Great job on stickin with the no sugars.

@Cornanda - Somtimes we just over think it. You've got this! Nice goals too.

@19shmoo69 - I dont drink pop, but I don't like Dr. Pepper either. I think it has a nasty aftertaste, sort of like diet pop or artificial sweeteners do. Just my opinion.

@trooworld - I've had the wild Alaskan salmon from Aldis that @TeresaW2024 mentioned. It taste fresh and you get quite a large piece too. I added a little Dijon mustard to it....hmmmm. I love salmon.

Question: What kind of ice do you like? Cube, flake, round, hollow or crushed? 
    I don't like to use ice, because it waters down my drink. However, If I needed ice, I would probably go with the cubed. Those flavored ice cubes @trooworld mentioned might change my mind about using ice though.

It's a good day, good workout, and good eats.

💪Mission Slimpossible Strong! 💪

• vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the Birthday Wishes!
    @19shmoo69 – Flights make no sense nowadays. When I flew to Virginia last year, I went from South Bend, Indiana to North Carolina…then back UP to Norfolk. So dumb. Where are you headed to in Indiana?
    @Veta2018 – I’m with @trooworld on this one. If your hubby doesn’t like your food, he can make something himself. And yes, I totally agree it’s the wind chill that is ridiculous. Today we’ve warmed up to a whopping 21F and the wind chill puts it at 14F. Of course, we have another storm watch that begins tonight through Saturday. My corner is anticipating another 6”. UGH.
    @trooworld – Woot Woot! Awesome job on the 100 ounces!!!
    Question: What kind of ice do you like? Cube, flake, round, hollow or crushed?
    I typically only use ice for my iced tea. And that would be the standard freezer cube trays.
    Hey, everyone! I am on day 27 of no soda and let me tell ya…I think I’m over any sugar cravings I’d had. It has me believing that the soda was the catalyst of a LOT of bad snack choices. I have no desire for candy or chips. What hasn’t changed is me not getting tired or wanting to sleep until around 1 or 2am. Guess it wasn’t the caffeine after all…Craziness! I am just feeling SO GOOD! I had my doctor appt yesterday and today I will be picking up an Rx for Straterra. This is the first med I’m trying for the ADHD. Maybe it will help with my lack of sleep…we shall see!
    Oh – and I figured out the perfect protein snack that makes me happy (and satisfied)…2 rice cakes topped with PB2 (I mix 2T of the PB2 with 2 1/2T water so it’s runny and I can drizzle it on) and sliced banana on top. Now I’m on the lookout for a good oil free hummus recipe. Share ‘em if you’ve got ‘em!
    I am going to be nicer to myself, so I’m changing my 2024 mantra to: Yes I Can!
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 127 Member
    Options

@Katmary71 What idea for the Big Day of Service will you be doing? I hope the president sided with you! What is a micro current class and why are you taking so many notes? I need to know all your business! :D

@morenin Yikes -6 is more terrifying than bugs! However, in the last few years, we have been blessed to have what is called the Juro spider which is huge and yellow and a very prolific breeder. They take over the whole region down here until it turns cold. Soooo maybe I should layer up and embrace the cold a little more. ;)

@Cornanda Yes, you do got this and you need to keep reminding yourself of it. Glad the meeting turned out not to be a big deal. :)

@trooworld Good job being under your calorie goal despite that chocolate. I think when my sugar fast is over the first thing I will have is some good dark chocolate. :)

@Veta2018 I am a real fan of the Creatine and not only does it give me more energy during my workouts, but I think it does help with muscle soreness too. I’ve never lifted this heavy for such a long duration and while I’m a little sore here and there, it’s nothing like it used to be. I haven’t felt jittery and I consume mass qualities of caffeine too. :)

Txcritter69 I love when it’s a good day and all the windows can be opened. Maybe get some Pine Sol and clean with that and then sniff it really hard to clear out your brain from yucky skunk. :#

@vegan4lyfe2012 Yayyy congrats on being 27 days soda-free!! Of course, you feel better. Sugar is a terrible thing for our body and when we give it up we will feel better. I feel amazing being off sugar. I hope the new med works for you and that snack sounds great. I need to pick up some rice cakes. :)

Hello everyone! Not much going on today except doing my workout and then deep cleaning my bathroom. I have been really drained after my workouts these last couple of weeks and my group for this workout program suggested that I am not eating enough. So, I increased what I ate before and right after my workout and I felt much more alert and able to do stuff today. Now let’s just hope the scale agrees tomorrow that eating more is OK! :D I am 19 days sugar-free and feeling really happy about that because I’ve never gone more than a few days without some kind of sweet treat. There are 23 days left in this sugar fast and the real testing will be a women’s morning coffee fellowship and our new pastor luncheon on Feb. 2. I think I will be OK because I’m really determined to make this happen and since it’s a Christian fast, I have more than just myself to disappoint. ;)
    Word for 2024 - Strive

Question: I like Chick-fil-A ice! I don’t know what it is about those tiny little pebbles of icy goodness but I love it! If I eat inside will take my cup up and make them fill it up to the top with ice and take it to go. Other than that I don’t use much ice. I drink a ton of seltzer water in a can so no ice is needed. :p
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Tomorrow Weigh-in Reminder for the following:
    @Veta2018 @bethanie0825 @Cornanda @davors19 @trooworld @Teresa@2024
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @Cornanda Interesting I actually DO remind myself before things I'm nervous about that things almost always work out and I'll survive what happens. It sounds like you didn't do TOO bad so pat yourself on the back for that.

@19shmoo69 I'm looking forward to your questions this will be fun! I actually make basil cubes in ice trays but on ice I'm actually more picky than I thought. If I had the perfect ice maker it would be rectangles that fit in water bottles so I don't have to squeeze them in or the old “moon” ones. Flakes melt too fast, I'm trying to use less ice as after surgery I was told it slows down digestion and mine is already asleep. I'm not too thrilled with lukewarm herbal tea but like hot tea this time of year so that's helping. My SIL puts ice in her wine (there's some wine snobs in the family who groan when she does this).

@trooworld No micro current class last night, I kept checking my phone while at the meeting. Wow that's an awesome job with water! It sounds to me like you did good fitting everything in. Oh I haven't tried Skittles drink mixes, I did Crystal Light as a step in between Diet Soda and herbal tea and miss it.

@micaroo4 Oh I wish I liked lukewarm water! Yes this time of year the warmer the better!

@Veta2018 Herbal ice tea still counts as water, there's some argument about caffeine being dehydrating but herbal tea doesn't have any.

@txcritter69 Wow I'm surprised how many don't like ice! Not even when you're super hot? The weather sounds great there today, good day to air out the house right? I hope poor Diesel doesn't smell anymore. I had two feral cats in my yard and one got sprayed by a skunk, they used to come in the house at night and I'd researched what to do, main problem was her being the one that was scared of me if I'd grabbed her and scrubbed her down with tomato juice I would've scared her even more but she sure stunk!

@vegan4lyfe2012 You're rocking no soda! That's great your cravings are gone and you're feeling wonderful, talk about a perfect gift to give yourself.

@TeresaW2024 Haha you can ask me “nosy” questions whenever you want! Let's see for Big Day of Service we're leaning toward 2 projects, one a craft then one doing something like painting benches at a park. We haven't decided yet it was the first meeting but last year we did military care packages and our contact was awful at not giving us a list until a few days prior and we spent too much on the project. It's right after our Easter Baskets for Children so something less stressful will be nice. Micro current I'm both taking classes at the holistic pain group then learning on my own from a video library where I have another month free access. Great job on 19 days sugar free!

@morenin I'm glad you have new warm clothes for winter! I'm a big herbal tea fan and support you in this!

Hi friends! I have a board meeting in 5 minutes so quick check-in. Haven't been good about my relaxing nights so I'll do better tonight. Have a great Friday team! I AM doing good on water (or tea) for the challenge though.
This discussion has been closed.