Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JANUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,610 Member
    Options
    @Cornanda Yay you!

@trooworld Thank you! Oh no I hope your doctor prescribes some antibiotics for you. That walk sounds nice!

@Veta2018 Be safe with the snow and stay warm! I guess the snow shoveling is a great workout but the cold makes it challenging to be out there. That's perfect reading with a cup of tea weather!

@TeresaW2024 I hope you won't ever have to put Joe in a home as well. Her Dad was fine at home until he started having kidney issues. It's really sad in these cases of people passing away in homes catching Covid as they're not very healthy and pass pretty fast. The same happened to my parent's neighbor early in Covid then the families feel awful that they couldn't be with them. Sad all the way around. Thanks the tea and bath did help! That's great news you feel a difference now. I think the sugar and higher simple carbs adds some bloating from inflammation at least for me.

@txcritter69 Oh no take it easy and feel better soon, scary falling like that! I love your question answer of stopping hating on yourself. It is pretty gross how we talk to ourselves are how we'd never talk to another person. Once some negative voice pops up try to shut it up because you don't deserve that treatment especially from yourself! One of the cool tidbits I learned from my therapist was if you feed into feeling shamed you paralyze yourself and can't move through it, makes a lot of sense.

Hi friends! I woke up super early and worked and worked out then cleaned the kitchen and went to the greenhouse, I brought food for the feral cat but he was spooked when the farm manager was there and had disappeared. Squeezed in a Trader Joe's run for appetizers, we (brother's family and I) are going to my folk's house Sunday for a postponed New Year's good luck pork and sauerkraut dinner now that everyone's not sick. I seem to be fine when I stay at home but I get thrown off when I'm going out to eat or eating somewhere else like I went for ice cream yesterday then had popcorn when I got home when I shouldn't of done so. Anyhow I'll figure it out, have a great Saturday team!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    WEIGH IN NEWS

Needed for weigh-ins:
    @DebJB30 @bathanie0825

Reminder for tomorrow weigh-ins:
    @865jessica @askewcr @Digger61 @gemwolf110 @tammymccrady6278 @vrafer

Good luck everyone, you're doing great!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW2024 @Veta2018 @tammymccrady6278 Congrats on the losses!

@Veta2018 Oh gosh, be safe there. I do love the way snow looks, especially as it falls.

@TeresaW2024 That's a good point: usually, I do go for the comfort foods! :D That's great you already feel a difference.

@txcritter69 Thanks. I think a lot of dogs are like that. I like the answer to the discussion question. That's really important to do. OH dear, I'm sorry to hear about your fall. I hope you feel better soon!

@Katmary71 Thanks! It was nice. That's funny that you are having your New Year's dinner on Sunday: we just had ours last night lol. It's hard to stay on track when you go out socializing. You WILL figure it out!

@Cornanda Thank you! Awesome strategy. I think if I did something like that, I wouldn't go to the cafe at work as much (my prob is that I wait to eat until 8:30 and by then I'm starving and the fruit and yogurt I brought to work to eat suddenly doesn't sound good...stuff like that).

Hi all. I did the video visit with the doctor who recommended I get Claritin D and some nasal spray. They can't prescribe antibiotics until 10 days have passed, she said they are getting really strict about prescribing antibiotics, especially on the platform that she's on. So I got some and took it and it didn't help much yesterday but today, I'm a bit better. I just woke up with a migraine, which stinks because I have a lot to do today.

No Zero Days: Didn't put creamer in my coffee, didn't snack, tracked

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    It was not a good food week. But good gym week. Week restarts tomorrow!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @Cornanda Thank you! Thinking protein and produce is real helpful at not feeling overwhelmed, I need to get back to that thanks for the reminder.

@trooworld Haha so our luck is just starting a bit later this January right? I tend to think of being back on track after the holidays as starting on the 2nd since we usually have that dinner. I will eventually figure out how to stay on track with going out I hope. That's frustrating having to wait on antibiotics, fingers crossed the Claritin and nasal spray help.

@865jessica Sounds like a good plan we'll look forward to more check-ins!

@txcritter69 Wow I'm tired just reading all you've been up to, great job on cleaning and decluttering! I hope the tree and rosebush make it through winter too. Enjoy the BBQ tonight, that sounds fun.

@gemwolf110 Way to go on the good gym week!

Hi team! I've mostly been cleaning today but took a break for my PT exercises and some cardio and weight lifting. It's currently pouring outside but I caught a break and ran out to check on the garden, almost time to harvest my first head of cauliflower. I made Skinnytaste's Giant Parmesan Turkey Meatball for dinner, it's been awhile since I last did and I love that one. I threw away my 10 things and caught up on a few days I didn't have time to do it. I know @txcritter69 is doing awesome on cleaning and decluttering, anyone else still at it? Have a great Sunday friends!
  • Katmary71
    Options
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    @askewcr Great weigh-in!

@865jessica Great NSV of four out of seven days! Keep going!

@txcritter69 I hope your back feels better today. Relaxing by the fire sounds like a nice thing to do. I like german potato salad. I didn't have it until last year.

@vrafer Congrats on the loss! Yeah!

@gemwolf110 You got this!

@Katmary71 Yes! LOL I'm sure you will figure out the going out thing. Would it help to pretrack what you were going to eat? Thanks, the Claritin and nasal spray did help yesterday but I woke up really congested today. Maybe it's because, believe it or not, we sleep with the air conditioner on. I love that recipe too, I didn't hear about it until you told me about it. I actually did some cleaning/organizing/decluttering of my craft area. It's not a room per se, just a corner of the living room. So, there isn't much room and it can get messy very quickly.

Hi all. I felt better as the day went on yesterday. I did some organizing and decluttering of the area of the living room I use as a craft corner. It was unusable really, it was kind of messy and driving me crazy. Since I got it to a usable state, I decided to break out my craft supplies and make something. I made a shadowbox of things about my husband and I's first date. We went down to Mexico for our first date (Mexico is only 15 minutes away from San Diego) had drinks, stayed the night, and then rode horses the next day. I included this little souvenir from that night. It turned out cute! Today, I hope to set up my replacement walking pad. I just haven't had time to do it until now. We also have to try to fix the garbage disposal. It's either an easy fix or it needs to be replaced. If it needs replacing, we'll have to hire our handyman to do it as neither DH nor I are very handy.

No Zero Days: Stopped eating lunch when I was getting full, chose to eat leftovers rather than eating out, didn't snack, tracked

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Sunday January 14 weigh in megnolia82

SW: 228
    PW: 209.4
    CW: 207.4

Awesome. I’ll take it :)
  • 865jessica
    865jessica Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everybody. This morning marks day three of shoulder/neck pain on my left side. I've tried my PT stretches and exercises. I'm getting tired of this pain. I can get it to go away but it comes back. I plan on getting an appointment with primary doctor this week.

Breakfast- Coffee with protein shake

Good start to my day and has been a reliable go to for months now.
This discussion has been closed.