Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JANUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Wowzers! You’ve all been so busy this week.

Im struggling with some bad gut health at the moment. I guess I did more damage on the cruise than I thought. I went up 10 pounds in 1 day from swelling and bloating. Got to eat so carefully this week.

Anyway, we made it past the hump. Almost weekend!
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,083 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 - I'm set up so that my exercise doesn't add into my calorie allowance. My macros are 80g protein (protein is 4 calories/gram), 200g carbs (carbs are 4 calories/gram) and 53g fat (fat is 9 calories/gram), so that equal 1597 calories. What I ate yesterday was 91g protein, 214g carbs, and 57g fat, but total calories were 1501. So I'm guessing that the estimate calories per gram of protein, carbs and fat is not precise. I'm confidant that my calories were within my range.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Question Answer:

This year I do not want to just pay lip service to my health goals, I want to back them up with action and progress

:)
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,961 Member
    Options
    @865jessica Well done! That's interesting about the water flavoring. I'll have to check mine.

@TeresaW2024 It was negative! But I still feel crappy lol. Yes, I was so mad. Luckily, I was able to go yesterday and get her medicated. How did the full-body workout go? Are you toasted today now? I hope the new pastor does well!

@Veta2018 All good things to improve. Good luck! Thanks, no COVID, just an annoying cold lol.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Yes it is. Indeed, it is insanity and I've been insane for too long lol. We did contact the company and they said they'd have him move or call me within the next few minutes but it was too late, we were already running late. :( I was so mad. It was a marked truck. Thank you for being mad for me! :D I'm glad you had a good Tuesday. And yay for your walking boot! How do you feel? Way to resist BK! I think you did well overall.

@micaroo4 Sorry, MIca, that's too much math for me at 5 am lol. But it doesn't seem to make sense.

@Katmary71 Yes! I bet that is a frightening feeling on the inversion table. I'm glad you didn't land on your head! That's too bad the sauna wasn't hot. I am COVID-negative! Is it still raining there? It's raining here today.

Hi all. I was negative for COVID but this cold still has a hold on me. Luckily, I am able to work from home this week. I will work from home for the rest of the week. I had a "picture-perfect" day yesterday, so I'm happy about that. I have narrowed down my major problem with my diet: unexpected foods and waiting too long to eat when I am hungry. These are things I will be working on in the upcoming months.

No Zero Days: No unexpected snacking, stayed under my daily cal goal, made Irish oats with blueberries for breakfast, tracked

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Finally able to walk at my console today and tomorrow, I work my PT grocery job so it'll be good for our Week 2 Challenge.

I'm also on Stridekick where my name is the same as here. It has an option to pay but I just use the free version.
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    @Jactop I wanted to point out you're NOT where you started, you're over 20lbs away from your highest AND you have a track record of how to do this. I always think of you when I think of someone with hardcore willpower working in a chocolate store!

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I’m no longer working at the chocolate store but I started 75 Hard Jan 1st so I’ll need some hardcore willpower to stick to it

QUESTION
    What I hope to improve this year is consistency. I do great until I get busy or distracted then all my plans get set aside.

I took so long to respond to posts I lost track of who said what

Some proteins I didn’t see listed: pumpkin seeds 14g per serving, hemp hearts and Carbonaut bread

@19shmoo69 as a toddler my son used to walk through his spilled cereal then sit down, pick the Cheerios off the bottom of his socks and eat them so I thought I was beyond being grossed out by the things kids put in their mouths but you proved me wrong lol
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    @Veta2018 you have great goals for this year! I’m also working on my relationship with God and trying to turn to Him before I turn to food. It’s a work in progress! ;) Yes, get an air fryer! They are the best for cooking so many foods. I use mine all the time.

@vegan4lyfe2012 The coat is more of a dusty pink but the fuzzyiness of it is all Barbie! :D Good job resisting BK and having your salad instead. Is there something you can try to do when the sugar cravings hit that won’t leave you unhappy? For the first few days of my sugar fast, when I craved sugar I would have a spoonful of peanut butter and eat it slow. That seemed to help. That is a good goal to speak kinder to yourself. I think so many of us need to do that. <3

@Katmary71 My Maggie loves it when her Chewy box arrives! :D I’m jealous of you having all that great produce right to pick and eat.

@Cornada Yes to your goal to not play lip service!! That is exactly where I am at too. Let’s do it!

@trooworld That is good news that you have no Covid! Yes, I think that finding your major food problems is key. Both unexpected foods and being too hungry are problem areas for me too. We need an action plan that will work for us.

Hello everyone! Today has been fairly low-key. I did my upper body workout this morning and worked on church stuff. We had our first staff meeting last night with the new pastor and it went well. He came with all kinds of ideas and isn’t a wait-and-see kind of guy, which I like. I just have to remind myself that I’m the administrator and it’s not my job anymore to make things happen. We have other people for that! He seems fine with Joe being a priority for me and even said that I can bring him to any meeting we need to have together. I appreciated that. :) I am 12 days sugar-free which makes me super happy, but I realized that my snacking is still a problem. So, I have added no afternoon snacking between lunch and dinner and no eating after dinner. I will allow my afternoon cup of coffee, although my Keurig died so I had to have a cup of tea. The new Keurig will be here on Saturday! :D
    Word for 2024 - Strive
  • 865jessica
    865jessica Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Today was a success reach my personal daily goals. I went for a one hour walk and kept within my calorie goal. I met my water goal. I feel awesome.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,620 Member
    Options
    WEIGH-IN INFO

@DebJB30 we need yours for this week.

Tomorrow weigh-in reminders:
    @Veta2018 @bethanie0825 @Cornanda @davors19 @trooworld @TersaW2024

Good luck!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,620 Member
    Options
    @megnolia82 Oh no that's a lot of swelling and bloating to go up that much, I hope you're feeling better soon.

@Cornanda Woot woot you go! I like your question answer!

@trooworld I'm glad you're negative! There's a lot of stuff going around right now. No rain here today, weird as I got pretty flared up. It's going to rain Saturday. I think I read Southern CA has a major storm going through with wind and rain. I'm glad you've been able to work from home this week.

@bethanie0825 That's great you'll be getting those steps in!

@Jactop Consistency is a great goal for the year, that bounce back after something throws us off seems to be the difference between all the times before we've lost weight and fell off the wagon and now. You got this! I love pumpkin seeds and hadn't realized it was that high for protein, thanks for posting that.

@TeresaW2024 Oh no sorry to hear about your Keurig! Weirdly my brother got me one for my 40th birthday and it's still around but I don't use it too often which is why it's lasted 12 years. You're doing awesome with no sugar, keep up the great work! Great news on the pastor understanding your priorities.

@Veta2018 I missed the air fryer talk, I second getting one, it's a great way to make healthy food fast and doesn't heat up the entire kitchen.

@865jessica Well done you ARE awesome!

Hi friends! Just got home from going out for ice cream with a friend. Her and her mom had to put her Dad in a home a few months ago as his dementia and health issues became too much for them to manage as they're both disabled and can't lift him. He caught Covid there and passed away, real sad situation. We went for ice cream and hung out for awhile. Aside of that I had a good workout this morning and went to the holistic clinic. My legs and feet are going a little crazy and making my day hard but a bath and marijuana tea should help. Have a great Friday!
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 255
    CW: 256
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,961 Member
    Options
    @bethanie0825 Yay! That's great.

@Jactop Good luck with 75 Hard.

@TeresaW2024 Yes! I think we do. :D That's good that the new pastor is supportive with Joe. Congrats on 12 days sugar-free! I hope you can get a handle on the snacking.

@865jessica Awesome, great job!

@Katmary71 Me too! The last thing I need is COVID. Yes, it is supposed to rain today, I think. I'm glad I don't have to drive to work in it, too! I hope the flare-up goes away soon. How sad about your friend's father.

@Cornanda WOO HOO!!! Congrats! Did you do anything different this week?

Hi all. Still sick here, so I think I will do a virtual doctor's visit today. I'm thinking this is moving into a sinus infection. I did take my dog for a longer walk than usual yesterday: the sun was out and I needed a break from what I was doing for work so off we went. It was a nice walk.

No Zero Days: Didn't put creamer in my coffee, went for a walk, tracked

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • TeresaW2024
    Options
    Username:TeresaW1020
    Weigh in week:  Week 2
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 248.8
    CW: 247.4
    Month +/-: 4.6
    Total Loss: 4.6

• Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Username: Veta2018
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    SW (Starting weight): 180 lbs
    PW (Previous Weight): 151 lbs.
    CW (Current Weight): 148 lbs.

💪Mission Slimpossible Strong!💪
  • Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    @Cornanda, @Trooworld and @TeresaW1020 - Nice loss! Well done!
    @TeresaW2024- You`re doing great with 12 days sugar-free. I've had, no eating after 7 on my goal list for a while. It's a tough one. I'm still working on it. I have a brand new Keurig, still in the box, that my husband brought home a couple years ago. We never opened it because it's easier to make a whole pot in the morning.

Good morning,
    There's a major snow storm today. We've accumalted about 3 inches already and it's supposed to last all day. Watching snow fall is beautiful. I like the way it looks, settled in the trees. I don't mind shoveling either. But I definitely don't like to drive in it. I don't ever like to drive, but especially when the roads are bad. I'm glad I don't have anywhere I need to go.

💪Mission Slimpossible Strong!💪
  • TeresaW2024
    Options
    @Katmary71 Sorry about your friend losing her dad. It’s my biggest prayer that I won’t ever have to place Joe in a home and that I will be able to take care of him. I hope the bath and tea helped your legs. <3

@Cornada Congrats on that nice loss!! Go you yeah!!! B)

@trooworld with you being so sick it’s great that you lost at all. Being sick drives me right to all the comfort foods I can eat. Sounds like you need some good meds. <3

@Veta2018 Good job on losing this week! I do well not eating after dinner but the afternoon snacking has been a struggle. I’m working on eating enough at lunch and then telling myself no when the snacking bug attacks. :D I have a coffee pot for the mornings and then my Keurig for the afternoons. I watch the news and see all the snow the Northerners are getting. I would like some snow down here in Georgia, but then I would like it to go away in a day or two. We Southerners don’t do well with snow. :D

Good morning! I was happy with my weight loss this week. On my Dig Deeper FB group, they talk a lot about how the scale doesn’t move when you lift heavy. I have seen it fluctuate a lot so I’m just trusting the process. After two weeks on this program, I can already feel my clothes fitting looser and my inflammation and puffiness are going down. I think having no sugar plays a big part in that as well. Today, I need to move my exercise room around so that it is more functional and do some housework. Y'all have a good day! :)
    Word for 2024 - Strive
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

Congrats to everyone working so had to drop those # as for me I am still a work in progress. 🤭

I have managed to read everyone's posts and am all caught up. Going to chime in on a few

@katmary71 We have an inversion table and I don't like using it cause it hurts my ankles and gives me a headache when hanging from it.

@trooworld I hope you can manage to get some relief from your cold. Yes, the dremel is what we use with him. He just doesn't like anyone touching his feet.

@TeresaW2024 "Stay Strong" Keep up the great work with being sugar free. I am on my 3rd Keurig

@vegan4lyfe2012 Crograts on resisting BK. We did the same yesterday with eating out. John had an appt with Oncology and when we go there is a chinese restaurant that we normally go to but we did not go and returned home where I then had to cook dinner.😞 I love popcorn too. I use the great value light butter microwave. Looking into a popper for the microwave.

@Veta2018 I third the air fryer! I had the Ninja air fryer oven at first but went to the Nuwave after i learned more about using airfrying I love my Nuwave (it has replaced my regular over unless I am needing a large oven). When we get to remodeling the kitchen I am getting a stove range with airfryer oven. I can't wait.

For the Question What is the one main thing you hope to improve this year in yourself. I want to stop hating on myself. I am going to stop all the self negative thoughts and commits. I am choosing to accept all my imperfections. I am choosing to be HAPPY!😃

Today will be a slow moving day due to my fall yesterday while playing 🏐 with Diesel. While kicking the 🏐 I have the other leg slip out from underneath me I need up on my back. Over stretched my thigh muscle twisted my back. So I am a little stiff and sore from it. Will see how much I get done.

"Today" I Choose to be HAPPY!

This discussion has been closed.