Hello

Options
PrfChaos
PrfChaos Posts: 17 Member
Was about to start a new group for people with weight loss goals for 2024(dare I say new years resolutions) :), but the title of this group seems to fit the bill. Hopefully it picks up a few more members. Anyway, im looking to lose about 30 - 40 pounds and increase my activity level. I used to have friends from my work on fitness pal but they have all quit using it, so I hope to find an active group that keeps each other on the right track. Happy New year!

Replies

• MarieSoleil046
    MarieSoleil046 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Welcome! It’s nice to see someone else in here 😝

What made you choose that goal for 2024? Have you tried losing weight in the past?

As you said, having an activity you enjoy is a great motivator to keep in shape.

I’m also working on building habits related to the new identity I want: an everyday active person, a pro beach volleyball player and a healthy cook.

Wish you the best of success 😉
  • PrfChaos
    PrfChaos Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    @MarieSoleil046 I have been slowly but steadily gaining weight for over a year since I started taking antidepressant meds, and also my job has become less active. I just decided I need to really focus this year and lose the weight instead of buying bigger clothes. lol

I have lost the weight two other times in the past, and gained it back. I can do it by calorie counting, but it takes a lot of self control.

Best wishes for your goals this year as well!