GOTTA GET OVER THE HUMP....

Options
Mofit40
Mofit40 Posts: 33 Member
Depression, and abusive relationships can be a breeding ground for obesity and addiction. Food addiction is very real. Finding comfort when you are uncomfortable, as much as you try and set boundaries, remove yourself from certain types of ppl and situations your food addiction comes back to haunt you. Food is a necessity we need it for are bodies to survive, however when it is to the point of addiction, when you cannot take a break or pause, almost like your eating or craving food
24hrs/7days a week it is a nightmare. Those who suffer from this reality, exercise, group therapy and dieting are the only way out. Support, Support Support it is not basketball nor football it is a lifestyle change that needs to happen.

Replies

• SlimwithVin
    SlimwithVin Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Totally understand this! I didn't realise I was in a coercively controlling relationship until after we separated . the police turned up one day worried for my safety, they told me my husband was tracking me and reported me for breaching COVID restrictions (after they had been lifted), they asked me all sorts of questions relating to domestic abuse and I finally woke up. Food has been a crutch for me for a very very long time and, following a total hysterectomy, I am the heaviest I've ever been, my recovery took a long time but I'm now more determined than ever to get back to a size I'm happy with. Looking forward to getting to know people here who understand a bit more that what life throws at us has a massive impact on our relationship with food
  • PrfChaos
    PrfChaos Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I agree. I am an emotional eater. I always think food will make me feel better. It doesn't. I am stuck in a dead marriage, and went on antidepressants over a year ago. The meds seem to lower my ambition and I eat more impulsively. I have gained weigh ever since I have been on them. I am trying to just conquer those impulses and force the ambition to excercise because I know what i need to do for myself.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,402 Member
    Options
    I too am an emotional eater. I am working on it though. Stress makes me really want to eat as well as depression and anger. Those are my horrible phases. When I am happy and content I can do really well. It really stinks that we all have to deal with this kind of thing. My ex was super manipulative. I was with him 16 years and then I left him and was single for 7 years and then got with my now husband. We actually dated in high school for almost 2 years and we reconnected and are married now. So much better a man. He helps around the house, he does the yard work, he helps pay bills, and he literally loves to cuddle me. It is nice to have someone who wants to talk out your issues rather than yell and scream. It is nice and new and I kinda freak out every once in a while that I have a normal relationship for once. That is scary in itself. So we are both working on weight loss together.