Weight No More Team Chat - JANUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• andja87
    andja87 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Welp, I sprained (fractured maybe?) my wrist this morning. So much for going harder at the gym this month. Send me all the positive healing vibes you've got!

Oof, I hope it’s just a sprain. Hopefully you’re not in too much pain and you heal up quickly!

• ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,074 Member
    Options
    Ljdanny
    Thurs
    Cw 189.6
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,074 Member
    Options
    @minstrelofsarcasm oh no I hope you are OK.

I am back for the step challenge. The kids gave me a new watch for Christmas. I was going to post for last week but I figured I would start fresh for the new year.
  • sydditt
    sydditt Posts: 531 Member
    edited January 5
    Options
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    PW 182.8
    Jan 5: 184.5

GW (Jan): 178
    Plan: Strength training, daily walk, Protein 100g+, Fiber 25g+

I’m just happy it’s not worse coming back from Christmas and vacation. I’m so happy to be back to a healthy diet. My stomach did NOT feel good by the end of it. Too much sugar and alcohol and not enough fruits and veggies.

@minstrelofsarcasm I hope your wrist heals up quickly!
  • majork29
    majork29 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Majork29 - Kira

Jan 5: 187.0

No gain or loss this week. I did change scales, my new sales arrived this week. I didn’t expect a loss this week. I am more concerned with getting back into the habit of tracking daily.
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    sydditt wrote: »
    PW 182.8
    Jan 5: 184.5

GW (Jan): 178
    Plan: Strength training, daily walk, Protein 100g+, Fiber 25g+

I’m just happy it’s not worse coming back from Christmas and vacation. I’m so happy to be back to a healthy diet. My stomach did NOT feel good by the end of it. Too much sugar and alcohol and not enough fruits and veggies.

@minstrelofsarcasm I hope your wrist heals up quickly!
    Happy to see you back @sydfit! I did fill out the application for the other challenge you do, but I never heard back. Guess maybe it’s already full.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,266 Member
    Options
    Also, before I forget - I am still waiting on updated weights from @deskjockey925 and @izzified ! Let me know if you need to take a week off, be moved to support, want to be dropped, make a change to your weigh day, etc. We are here to help!
  • andja87
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW (Previous Weight): 227
    CW (Current Weight): 227.8

Not too surprised this week. My diet has been pretty consistent and I’ve stayed within my calorie budgets. But I added in more intense workouts with weights this week through the camp so I imagine my body is holding onto some extra water cuz I AM SORE. But I hope that means it’s working 🤞🏻
  • sydditt
    Options
    andja87 wrote: »
    Not too surprised this week. My diet has been pretty consistent and I’ve stayed within my calorie budgets. But I added in more intense workouts with weights this week through the camp so I imagine my body is holding onto some extra water cuz I AM SORE. But I hope that means it’s working 🤞🏻

That’s probably it. My weight was all over the place the first month I started weight training. It’s a good thing I had started the challenge here and was training with a class at the gym, because it helped me
    stay consistent and not give up in frustration.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,321 Member
    edited January 5
    Options
    Ashley, this is for you...
    I decided to check out the limited series You Are What You Eat, which is about a twin study on nutrition at Stanford (I think). 26 minutes ans 20 seconds in, the researcher says, "and that's why BMI is dogshit". Totally cool.

I may not finish it but it is interesting so far.

*Edit: it didn't kitten me!!
  • andja87
    Options
    sydditt wrote: »

That’s probably it. My weight was all over the place the first month I started weight training. It’s a good thing I had started the challenge here and was training with a class at the gym, because it helped me
    stay consistent and not give up in frustration.

Thank you for the reaffirming what I thought. It can be very discouraging to see the fluctuations going the wrong way when I’ve been doing everything I can to make the scale go down lol

• Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Zumba_luvah
    Pw- 219
    Cw- 217.8
  • daria0919
    edited January 6
    Options
    @Kyra_TB97 great job on the weight loss! Any weight loss is great, even water weight loss. That’s usually the first part and then fat weight loss kicks in. Keep up the great effort! 👏🏻👏🏻

@Zumba_Luvah really nice job on your weight loss! Keep up the effort! 👏🏻👏🏻
  • daria0919
    Options
    Weigh in day: Saturday

PW: 194
    CW: 193.7

Ugh…. I do want to get into the 180s, but it’s such slow going…. 🐢 🐢
  • sydditt
    Options
    Nice job on those losses everyone!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,170 Member
    Options
    The January Week 2 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin tomorrow, Sunday, Jan 7th. Get in, get your name on the list and then, the mystery begins!!! Should make for a fun, FUN week! See you there!

Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10906808/january-week-2-group-challenge-mystery-challenge#latest

Jessica :smiley:
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 1,967 Member
    edited January 7
    Options
    Yay 🤸🏼‍♂️ That's the first time I've topped the leaderboard and, on top of that, scooped up another couple of triumphs. What a way to end the year! Thanks for all the motivation team 😘

BodyTalking
    Steps 31 Dec-6 Jan: 83,268
    S 6003
    M 11876
    T 13345
    W 16853
    T 15295
    F 9088
    S 10695

Starting the new year off well too!

We've just got home from Spain and my body is falling apart - coughing is worse because of all the dry air on the plane, train and taxi, my voice has practically gone, my feet ache and I've got painful ribs (hopefully just muscular but, by jings, it feels cracked or out of place). It's now 2.30 am and I can't sleep because of this coughing. Don't expect I'll get many steps tomorrow as I'll need to recover for work on Monday.

Oh, and I've just read that there's snow, ice and high winds expected from tomorrow. Thankfully, we didn't read any news because many flights were diverted or cancelled earlier today due to the weather and, apparently, since Thursday, there have been problems with the weather station at Prague airport as it was hit by lightning. We were delayed from taking off by 30 minutes and arrived just 15 minutes late, only to find out that the normal airport buses had already stopped and it was night service, so we got a taxi instead. I had a coughing fit almost the whole way.

Oh, and I've lost my 400+ day streak on MFP! Aargh!

Right, I'm off to try and sleep 😴
    Good night all 💤
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Melaniedscott
    Sat weigh in
    PW:235
    CW:235

gwc9vck0s33b.png

Not very good on the steps. The coughing from last week is pretty exhausting. Next week will improve.

This discussion has been closed.