Airport VIP Lounge Chat

Options

Replies

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,125 Member
    Options
    @imustloseit1 WELCOME to the Winter 5%! Sounds like you've been sick, ewwwww it's always so hard when we are! Hopefully soon you'll be on the upswing. I also do not like a house not in order. But when we want to improve/update it happens. WOOHOO Son 2 can help you with that! Nice savings!!! Have you looked at the Pre Assignments? @hicim705 (Heidi) did an excellent job. Please take a look to go over them. They'll help you to wrap around a plan that is solid. @Kaliswalker puts a lot of thought into the LTGL's (Living The Good Life for any newer members AKA Healthy Habits) when we take the time to read them through they also help us greatly. Doing these will assist you. I do them slowly, but that's me, it just helps me more as I put something in different then I had before. It's only a suggestion. BUT! A good one.
    @Tabatha_Cain, I've been where you are at. IT IS SCARY for sure!!! All of the tests they did on me presurgery pointed clearly to ovarian cancer. When I woke up after the sugery I was in the best room they had (a corner room) on the cancer floor they had told me to be ready to hear the treatment plan. My cyst was as big as a soft ball they said, I do not see how that was possible, but that's what they said. I could see maybe a ping pong ball so I did ask later on (weeks later) when my stitches were being take out. Well I am sure not sure it was that big it seems impossible. Either way I DID NOT have cancer. I am very high risk (Mom breast cancer which is different) but I am also a a DES baby. Did your Mom have a hard time carrying you? Was she given Diethylstilbestrol (DES) to help since her body was having a very hard time carrying me (her breast cancer was a result of that med and estrogen). It's scary and I WAS SCARED!! I put all of my ducks in a row, and like you, I was horribly upset. In the end I didn't need to be. DEEP BREATHING Tabatha, because it's no help to your mind or soul to jump to the worse case senario though so normal. I kept reminding myself "sometimes they are WRONG!" "SOMETIMES THEY ARE WRONG!" I'd PUSH SO HARD for the MRI immediately though. I sure would. When I had to get a clarifying brain MRI for an aneurysm it was off a bit. I called the hospital to ask if they had any cancellations. I asked the woman how she was,, I wished her well, as we talked I let her see how kind I am, and scared. She was so sweet and I did get moved way up! Hint Hint this works all the time for medical stuff (and more hon). We are here with you. BREATHE DEEPLY please, even if it is, we are here with you.
    @130StrongerEachYear , HI!! So good to see you here!! WOW lots of work, but you did it!! WTG!! I have so many pics of the kids, LOLOLOL A LOT!! What I did (I used to move quite a bit because it was entertaining, honestly it was! But, now I have a place i totally love right on the harbor in the Greater Portland ME area) was to use my phone camera (I could of my regular camera also) and took pictures of the pictures. EASY PEASEY!! They are always available if I wish, I use google photos and can organize them (I do not do that though LOLOL BUT, I COULD!). Its a nice option of not having to lug things as I was moving, and more so now I am older, I wanted to declutter. AND weekly sometimes a few times a week I get more pics, but thankfully we all agree to send them on messengar or we grab them off each other from FB and we all put them into a digital form. I am not sure if you'd enjoy that. But, its such an easy option. LET'S ROCK THIS!!!

WOOHOO WE FINALLY got some snow!! YO!! It's so strange we tied the record for 2nd place on the longest time into the season for snow. It's MAINE!! Though Southern Coastal Maine, but STILL!! I've lived here 99% of my life within 5 miles of where I was born and it used to be crazy snowy. I ADORE SNOW!
    View out of one of my living room windows of the harbor
    zt5chb745moz.jpg
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,095 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this afternoon. Look a rare occurrence. I am posting twice in one day. Usually I am so busy I don't get a chance to do this. I am really happy that I get to relax today. I went to church this morning and it was so helpful. I really feel like I got a good message out of the service today.

@130StrongerEachYear - Thank you so very much. Church today definitely out things in perspective. I know I have a lot to pray for.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - Thank you. I really appreciate it. I have PCOS so cysts are nothing new for me. What really scares me is that it went from 2 cysts to several cysts and a daughter follicle in 3 months. The fibroids in my uterus are also increased. There are a lot more of them as well, and now they are saying possible cancer. I don't think my mom had issues carrying me. I am definitely getting testing done though.

Well I hope you all have a great Sunday.

Tabatha
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,500 Member
    edited January 7
    Options
    Hi all happy and blessed Sunday. Sending hugs and prayers, Diane and Tabatha. It is in the 40's with prediction of snow coming this week. We shall see. I finished the computer room so everything is now unpacked and in place. On my Jesus walk with the Conqueror Challenge I unlocked a local attraction.
    l7asb5dg70va.jpg

Have a great rest of the day and a happy new week.

Today's inspiration.One can never consent to creep when one feels the impulse to soar.
    - Helen Keller

• hicim705
    hicim705 Posts: 5,215 Member
    Options
    I'm still learning MFP, how do I respond to a particular person's message?

Thanks!

@chansen_2000 - If you are replying to someone in a chat, just use the @name - for instance, if you want to address me, just use the @hicim705. BUT the trick is knowing that someone has tagged you. Look at your screen (if you are on a PC/laptop and look toward the top right. You will see a little 'bell' with a number in a red circle. That will tell you that you have messages. You can click on that and a menu will drop-down and you will be able to scan to see which message(s) are for you. Hope that I explained this well enough!
  • imustloseit1
    imustloseit1 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Chansen 2000, I agree with you, I am still trying to find my way around in here.

Had a better day today, and got some cleaning done, and did get some catnip planted for the Kits.
    Quite a lenghty process, but followed the direstions, so hope they grow. Along with some grasses I planted for them to munch on. Those 2 are so spoiled, and I can't blame anyone but myself. lol Linda
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

I am in no physical danger. For emotional I deal with it by keeping to myself, working, and hanging at my friends when ever possible. I do know how to connect with the group that deals with female abuse victims as I have been through the process before.

Planned on checking in last night but didn't get it done. So glad to see how active our chat is. We got a bit of snow overnight but is all melted. But more is on the way. Really was hoping for some decent snow so I could make some extra cash with my side job. Yesterday was spent sleeping doing dishes and visiting with my friend. My new routine seems to include sleeping most of Saturday. Today I went to Church, did some laundry, read, crafted and made dinner for myself. I made quesadillas using chicken I brought home from work earlier in the week. Actually got my MFP account to work properly on my phone with the website so was able to track my food tonight. Other than the ex being lazy when it comes to getting chores done his attitude today was not bad. I am learning to worry about myself when it comes to meals and let him fend for himself. We have eaten meals together for so long I have to learn to not stress about eating by myself.

Connie
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    edited January 8
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain ,No doubt you'll talk to your Dr today When I think of how many times I got really scared (Breast cancer keeps popping up as it may be. Keeping in mind my Mom died from it and I am as said a DES baby) but it never turned out to be worse case scenario, well other than the brain anuerysm. Now that I survived that LOL I feel like a CAT with MANY lives! Many times we over worry. So yes, I am hoping you'll talk to your Dr or nurse today ONE DAY at a time if it is.
    @Kurtize, that's so exciting!! I'd love to walk the places Jesus did, but with the wars that's a NO GO! Plus, LOL I've not travelled in so long. We are hoping to travel to NY outside of the city this spring it's a 4.5 hour drive, we'll make it a 6 or 7. LOL The people I hang with DO NOT like fast food or bringing their own for travel. I DO!
    @Imustloseit1, LOLOL Many of us can relate to spoiling our furbabies. I have Izzy and Oscar! Izzy is 14 and Oscar is 1. She was NOT Impressed.
    @Hicim705 TY TY TY Heidi for helping @chansen_2000 who's a former Dawggie. AND I must add a very cute one!! HI Carol!
    @Cseguin2, Happy to hear you are physically safe. WOOHOO on the snow you got though it wasn't much. Mine was over about a foot. WOOHOO on tracking!! GREAT JOB figuring it out!!! I hope you can do your side job. Around here daily when there's a storm on Nextdoor (most towns/cities have Nextdoor for their area) people ask if anyone can help them shovel etc. If you were here, you'd clean up! If I am recalling you offer to help others while being able to count it as exercise. SMART THINKING!! Plus you help out many who need it so badly, great service! kzi7ji2qzk6q.jpg

• kaliswalker
    kaliswalker Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I look forward to getting to know all of you this winter.

@imustloseit1 Linda good to see you again. Sound like you are exercising your patience.

@Tabatha_Cain I hope you can talk with your doctor right away! That's a lot to think about. My dogs were just chaos running around but we finally got them posed. It was a little risky taking off their leashes.

I will add Happy to the play list and Bruno Mars. Keep the suggestions coming.

@130StrongerEachYear I like the idea of arranging the grandkids pics chronological aging. Let's be our best this month and get launched for the year!

@chansen_2000 add the @ before the name it gets flagged for them.

@Dianedoessmiles1 I have never been good with storing pictures. I need to learn some how. Wow that is a snowy picture!

@Kurtize The pictures are amazing! Thanks for sharing. I really loved the ones from Peru too.

@CSEGUIN2 Sorry that you are going through this. I hope better days come soon.

When people ask my husband how he loses weight he says ' My wife goes on a diet and I lose weight.'
    s8zywq6iehqm.png

Last night we went to a multicultural party at our church. We had invited 5 guest and we all had so much fun. The kids with us won door prizes and bingo prizes. There was quite an assortment of ethnic foods from all over. Hubby made a French Canadian casserole and I brought a couple of cherry pies. Tonight we had our family over for dinner.

• Tabatha_Cain
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Monday and we are back to work. I am going to be calling the OB this morning and scheduling an appointment with him. That way we can discuss my options and see where we go from here. I am going to push for the MRI. If he won't do it then I will go to my regular doctor and push for it, as I already saw my regular doc in December and she said if the OB I chose won't do what I want they will find one that will because it is my health we are dealing with. So I know I have someone in my corner.

@imustloseit1 - I should probably get some catnip and grass growing for my cats. They try on occasion to eat my son's plants. So they may be needing something.
    @CSEGUIN2 - That is one of the hard things. Learning to do it all alone. That caused me many panic attacks when I left my son's father. I was so use to doing it together and not being alone I started having panic attacks when I did new stuff alone. I am glad you are in no physical danger. We got a dusting of snow also that was gone by lunch time yesterday.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - Thank you. I am calling the doc this morning when they open. I am going to push for getting the MRI so we can see what we are dealing with. Church really helped me this morning. I am giving it to God and going one day at a time. Wow a foot of snow. That is a lot. It will be some nice shoveling.
    @kaliswalker - This is awesome. I might think about photos in my backyard, but 2 of my dogs will take off chasing a leaf being blown by the wind. No way I am taking them off the leash in anywhere other than my back yard. I like the multicultural party at church. Sounds like fun and lots of food to try.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Monday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,228 Member
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: When you say ‘yes’ to others make sure you are not saying ‘no’ to yourself.—Paulo Coelho
    I AM: I am here to work my magic.
    Action for Happiness: Say positive things to the people you meet today.
    Pliability QOTD: The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.—Rafael Nadal
    Happy national Bubble Bath Day!!! I received an everyday is a holiday calendar for Christmas so will post one daily.
    Day 7 of 75 Hard Complete and started my morning with 16OZ of water before getting my protein coffee and 64OZ water bottle filled. Day 7 of 2024 miles in 2024 complete and I did 6.02 miles yesterday.

• chansen_2000
    chansen_2000 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    @hicim705 Thanks for the information.
  • vexedangel678
    vexedangel678 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Hi, group. Checking in, it’s a new week! My weekends are always a but off but my weeks go pretty well. I did something to my ankle today, so did 10 minutes of chair aerobics instead of my lunchtime walk.

Tabitha, I’m glad you will get to talk to a doctor soon. I have went through a lot of women’s health issues too, very similar to yours. It is very common to have cysts in and around/on the ovaries. It’s so hard to wait, but try not to assume the worst. (((Hugs)))
  • Kurtize
    edited January 8
    Options
    Good afternoon all, happy Monday. It is quite cold and very windy, 33 and the wind makes it feel colder.
    I made a milestone on my Jesus walk so planted a tree and also got another post card. Attached is link to the 5% blog area. Not much new here. Hugs and blessings.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10891931/joyces-walking-adventures#latest
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @kaliswalker , Lynn, I I use Google photo to store my pictures on my devices. The reason why I like it the best it because if something happened to one device it doesn't matter because it's in my Google account. And I have never lost any pictures Even when my phone fell down five stories and broke. Because it was in my Google account. I did pay a flat fee to be able to store a lot of them I can't remember how much but it's not even a quarter of the way full and I have 6,000 pictures on my phone. Lololol It's easy to see I like pictures. I can also sort them into files if I choose to. Everyday it gives me the opportunity to look at pictures taken at various times. That's kind of fun. And no I do not work for Google lol lol. Sound thank you all had a great time last night That's awesome. And you helped other people smile I'm not surprised. I'm sure they helped you smile too. Like the snowman so easy true for them If only it was that easy.
    @Tabatha_Cain, did either the OB or your general doctor agree to set up an MRI? I hope it's able to be done. The anxiety is just too much when it comes to something like that. Were you able to concentrate at work? Sometime to distraction is the best way to get through stuff like this. Since you attend church the description Psalms chapter 55:22 you may find helpful and also one and first Corinthians chapter 10 verse 13 where God promises us He will not give us more to bear than what we can carry. You're reliant on prayer will help you out a lot. Don't be afraid to speak up to Manny and any around you including us we are here for you. You and I go back away you know I care As we all do.
    @Macrat12, I agree It's important that when we help others we do not neglect ourselves. People who were givers and many of us are can be taken advantage of. It's important to know our boundaries for them and for us. Thank you Nice quote.
    @Chansen_2000 , Carol MyFitnessPal it's very different than was on Sparks you can see. We all happy to help you navigate around. It took me a few challenges in order to really understand it. You're very smart your catch on. Ask any question you have here and also on your team and also to you leaders. We all remember what it would like when we came over. There's some really cool features here too! We can put a GIF into the chat and many other places. I'm on my phone so I won't right now It's difficult on my app for some reason most people have no problem but for some reason my phone does. But using GIF is a whole lot of fun. To use a GIF All you have to do It's find one that you like, click on it if you using a computer right click and hit save as. At that point before you go any further make sure in the box that popped up it says GIF. If it says anything else it will not be saved correctly. The majority will come up as a GIF and you'll be fine. And then get download it like you normally would. Then to put it on to MyFitnessPal up above the post Right on the top of the post you will see what looks like a picture aka the picture icon click on that then locate the GIF you just downloaded. Mine usually go into My downloads. Click on it and it will be put right into the post you are working on. This is a lot of fun. You can also put in pictures by opening it and then clicking on your picture and select copy and then come back to your post click in the pose and click paste. All of us can do this or about it to reading it and we're not sure how that's how you do it. We did not happen on Sparks. So happy to see you back.
    @Vexedangel678, So sorry to hear about your ankle. Do you know if you may have sprained it or broken out or even a muscular type thing? Hopefully you need to have it looked at you will do that soon. Please let your captain know what's going on. Very likely to suggestions will be along the line of what you already doing today and that's chair exercises, stretches and if you're up to it sit down weights. Please never injure yourself from doing too much to "help the team." That will only delay any progress later on. Some of were stubborn, as I raised my hand and had to learn this the hard way.
    @Kurtize, Joyce, you are an inspiration!! It's been fun watching you over time as you try new things and as you work within what your body will allow and you make progress. You help so many of us.
  • imustloseit1
    imustloseit1 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Good evening to everyone. Wish I knew how to highlight some of you for a more personal note, but haven't figured it out yet. But today I acutally am feeling so much better, and actually got some exercise in by seriously doing some vigorous clean and the family room, that is the only room that isn't a mess because of the new flooring, that isn't down yet. It was driving me crazy that I didn't and couldn't do it because of this darn gunk that is going around. And I actually got up at my usual time and not anywhere close to sleeping almost around the clock, which I had been doing. But there is a couple things I can't do without hubby's help and he was busy building the shelf over the planter at the front door. I is to dark for real plants and I just can't handly fake one so I have been using the dining room table extension leave for the planter, and everytime that we use the rable in there I have to tear it all apart to get the leaf back. So he decided it was time to just make a real shelf for it. And he is not one that skimps so it willbe build to hold a pick up truck. lol Everryone kids him about his work, yeap it will be" Larry Built. " and that is a good thing. Well, hope you all are having a great evening. Linda
  • kaliswalker
    kaliswalker Posts: 1,197 Member
    edited January 9
    Options
    Quick hello.

@Dianedoessmiles1 How much does it cost to store pictures on Google?

Last night my daughter and her family came over for dinner. Hubby did most of the cooking and they did most of the clean up so it was very nice.

Tonight I cleaned up the medicine cabinet. I emptied it out, wiped it down, sorted everything and put it all back nicely organized.

Tada! I found a way to permanently save a few calories. I switched from 2% milk in my tea to almond milk. One cup of 2% milk has 122 calories. One cup of almond milk 30 calories. It may not save a lot of calories in one day or month, but in a year it could equals 3,500 calories = 1 pound lost (or maybe more).

I had a nice surprise, a call from an old friend. We will be getting together to play cards regularly.

Today I wasn't hungry so I didn't eat till dinner... just to see how I would feel. It was ok.

I wish you all a happy week.

Here is a picture of 4 generations of Rebel's American Water Spaniel family - her mother, grandmother, great grandmother and great grandmother.

6pe7wlvkrnzs.png
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @imustloseit1, To "Tag" a name someone please put a @ just before their name. Such as @Dianedoessmiles1 . Glad to hear you are feeling better. WOW you got A LOT accomplished!
    @Kalisalker Here's by what I Googled (I paid for a year, but it was a special offer) $1.99 per month for 100GB of storage, $2.99 per month for 200GB, or. $99.99 per year for 2TB. I use Almond milk since the regular bothers me. NICE Savings Rebels family Awwwww that's so cool!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Tuesday and it is going to be a good day. I am seeing the OB tomorrow at 2 pm. I will be changing my lunch so that I go see him over lunch. I am gathering as much information as I can about ovarian cysts, PCOS, and ovarian cancer. Just so I can know what my chances are and all that stuff. I need to be prepared for what may happen.

@vexedangel678 - Sorry about your ankle. Remember to ice and elevate as often as you can to let it heal. I am doing well. I am again arming myself with knowledge since I don't see my OB until tomorrow.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - Thank you. I see the OB tomorrow as he is out of the office until then and has yet to even view the ultrasound. I also reached out to my regular doctor who sent me to the OB and they had not read the results yet either so I sent her a message asking her opinion on what course of action I should take since she has been helping me manage my PCOS for the last 4 years. I have been praying a lot and I have decided that whatever happens is in God's plan. That is just how it is.
    @imustloseit1 - So glad you seem to be feeling better. That is great that hubby is building a shelf for your plants. It is also good that you can trust it won't break.
    @kaliswalker - That is pretty neat that you are able to switch between regular milk and almond milk. I am not sure I could do that. I have never tried any of that other type of milk, but I just get yucked out by even the thought of it. Not sure why either. Other than the fact that I do not like almonds. That may be the issue. Those are some cute dogs. I have always loved the spaniels.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,228 Member
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: We cannot selectively numb emotions. When we numb the painful emotions, we also numb the positive emotions.—Brene Brown
    I AM: I look back at my many accomplishments with awe and pride.
    Action for Happiness: Get moving. Do something active (ideally outdoors)
    Happy National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: It’s not about perfect. It’s about effort. And when you implement that effort into life…every single day, that’s when transformation happens. That’s how change occurs.—Jillian Michaels
    Day 8 of 75 Hard Complete and began day 9 with a 16OZ bottle of water before going to get my protein coffee and filling my 64OZ bottle of water. Day 8 of 2024 miles in 2024 complete and I had 5.90 miles yesterday.

• Kurtize
    Options
    Good late afternoon, hope your day is going well. A little busy this morning, Don is doing a drivers defense course on the computer, It helps with car insurance especially at our age, of course, he doesn't do the computer, so it has been a challenge, mostly not wanting to sit in front and listen the the instructor. But with my determination he will see it through. LOL. Have a great rest of the evening, hugs and blessings.

Today's Inspiration:
    rhi01z5lf4em.png