Jan 15 -
    Jan 22 -
    Jan 29 -
    Jan 31 -

Kathy

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,289 Member
    Options
    We had Collin this morning and Ronan this afternoon. I didn't do anything. My trainer is still sick w/covid. Ronan starts back to school Wednesday, but Sara went back to work today so we have the boys today and tomorrow...back to our regular schedule with them on Wednesday!! ugh!!
    Chris
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,686 Member
    Options
    Chris,

I hope your trainer gets well soon. Sounds like Covid has hit her badly. Glad you're okay. Hugs.

Paula
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,855 Member
    Options
    Kathy cleaning out a pantry is a great feeling.

Chris I am sorry she is still testing positive. I know she is a good friend.

I got in a little upper body. Need to increase the length.

Shelley
  • kjs1228
    kjs1228 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Kathy - I saw a really good idea for a snack that I'm going to try. You lay out a couple of pieces of turkey breast and spread some whipped cream cheese and a pickle and you roll it up and cut it into little pinwheels. This person put a little everything spice on it. I thought that was such a great idea and very high protein. I'm going to try it!
  • cpanus
    Options
    Kathy, let us know how your turkey-pickle roll-up goes.
    Shelley & Paula, yeah she got it bad.
    I talked Ronan into walking to the dog park with me this afternoon. We had a blast at the kids playground! On the way home there was a gentleman walking about a block and half behind us...Ronan turned him into a spy!! We were in serious trouble until I made an invisible shield he could not see thru. Then as we turned the corner heading back to headquarters, there were two spies in front of us and the one behind us...I had to make the screen go all the way around us so they couldn't see us but we could see them...we were safe...man!! it was a scary trip home. He wants to do it again tomorrow...we'll see. :D
    That's all I have to report for now.
    Chris
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,686 Member
    Options
    Chris,

Sounds like you may have a budding secret agent on your hands... :laugh:

028rtjiataso.png
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Chris so much better than boring exercise. Avoiding spies! Great job.

Paula you are so right. Maxwell Smart.

Worked out for almost an hour. With FitOn. It was great. Loving this app.

Shelley
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,236 Member
    Options
    kjs1228 wrote: »
    Kathy - I saw a really good idea for a snack that I'm going to try. You lay out a couple of pieces of turkey breast and spread some whipped cream cheese and a pickle and you roll it up and cut it into little pinwheels. This person put a little everything spice on it. I thought that was such a great idea and very high protein. I'm going to try it!

My mom use to make these for parties. They were always a hit, I made one for lunch using a low carb tortilla that I heated in the microwave to soften, used cream cheese as the condiment, added turkey and a pickle spear in the middle. Rolled it up and cut in half. Next time I think I’ll cut them into pinwheels. 😀

Kathy
  • KAR1959
    edited January 11
    Options
    Completed two FitOn workouts a kettle bell ab workout from Tic Tok and got in over 10,000 steps.

I’m with you Shelley I love these workouts. Having lunch with two close friends today. We’re going to Salata. It a salad restaurant with over 50 fresh ingredients so you can customize. It’s very good and very healthy if you are careful with your selections.

Kathy
  • cpanus
    Options
    We had Collin this morning...he did not nap...EGADS!!! such a long morning for us! SIL said he did not nap yesterday. I hope this is not the new morning routine. After the first fail, I put him in the stroller and headed outside. Things were great until we turned the corner and the cold wind hit us...miserable, I'm telling you...miserable. We got back to the house as fast as I could push the stroller!!! Then the second attempt to nap failed just like the first attempt so I gave up!
    I made a different soup yesterday...Ronan is NOT crazy about it and wants Cheesy Bean Soup...good thing I have some in the freezer!!! I'm sending some of the new soup home to Sara...we'll see what she thinks.
    I thought about walking until I saw the cold wind was at 17 mph and decided I was staying right here in my seat!!!
    We had a fat racoon visit us last night...wonder if it's a mama and she's gonna have babies. Cool to see
    tho!!
    Okay, that's all!! ;)
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Chris it probably is the end of morning naps sadly. They do grow up. We had 40 mile gusts yesterday. Hate that.

Kathy it was after 1000 when I finally finished up tonight. Have to get in some workouts tomorrow.

They closed their seafood counter at 5:00 at Albertsons tonight. Good thing I have a few clams still for my fish. Second time I tried to get some this week. Will try again tomorrow.

Shelley
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Did a 20 minute stretching exercise and got in 8200 steps. That’s all. Lunch out with the girls was fun.

Kathy
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Completed another morning stretching exercise and a back, arms abs workout.

Kathy
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Highest Weight - 248
    Ultimate Goal Weight -148
    January 31 goal weight - 169.9

Dec 31 ending weight - 175.2
    Jan 01 - 174.6
    Jan 08 - 173.2
    Jan 15 - 173.4 🤷🏽‍♀️
    Jan 22 -
    Jan 29 -
    Jan 31 -

Scale not moving. Have to do better the second half of the month if I want to get out of the 170s.

Kathy

• zumbaforever
    Options
    Kathy you are rocking it. You got this.

Did a great workout, same as Kathy. Then had to order clams from a local store. Our Albertsons keep closing before 5:00 Grrr. I need to get in more steps today. Happy weekend all.

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Options
    Had Collin Duty this morning then had to clean our house before our housekeeper got here!! :D
    Pat picked Ronan up after school and they played video games until Ronan had to go home. My understanding is he'll be back tomorrow!!
    My trainer isn't back to 100% so no workout for me today. I'm hoping that I'll see her on Monday. My phone predicts rain all day tomorrow, but I don't believe it...I'm walking to the post office and back if it stays dry.
    Chris
  • kjs1228
    Options
    Happy Saturday ladies! I had a really busy week at work. I'm in the middle of transitioning into the bigger role and still doing my old job until I backfill myself which should be shortly. About to promote my Europe leader to take my old job :-) but it's super intense. I had to be in the office every day this week which is really unusual. I'm usually home at least two days which allows me to exercise. Not so much this week. Super glad it's the weekend and I can actually get some working out in.

I went to the movies last night with my sister to see Mean Girls. She lives with all men and they were not interested. It was cute. Definitely enjoyable. Nice to get out after a crazy week.

Bella is struggling around getting some of their homework assignments done. Really challenging. Going to let them feel the pain of failure if that's what they choose to do. Extremely hard for me to do that, but they're not going to learn any lessons if we are always pushing them harder than they are pushing themselves.

I'm looking for some new recipes to make. I found this list which I think is really good. I would definitely lighten up a lot of these recipes and probably use less cheese :-) but passing this on in case anybody is looking for ideas.
    https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/g3166/cheap-easy-recipes/. I'm going to try the Mexican beef and rice, the taco casserole, chicken lettuce wraps and the twice baked chicken sweet potatoes. Really easy recipes and I think very versatile to scale up or down/add less cheese ect.

I'm getting to the gym this morning or maybe going outside and doing a real nice long couple mile walk. I can't tell if it's raining yet because it still too dark :-)

I'm a little concerned because I have a almost 2-week business trip coming up at the end of the month. That's going to be extremely difficult to figure out eating and exercise. Really need to have my A game on to try to maneuver. Have to put some thought and planning around that now. Going to Belgium, Germany and Hungary. Should be a really good trip, but exhausting and very long hours. Frankly there's always a lot of socializing and drinking as well which doesn't make it easy.

Will hope everybody has an amazing day!

Karen
  • kjs1228
    Options
    Highest weight ever: 306 (2013)
    Ultimate goal weight: 160
    1/4 - 182.4
    1/12 - 184
    January goal - 175
  • cpanus
    Options
    We went to Target in the rain this morning, hoping to get to the pharmacy early. We were early, but it wasn't that quick. The two people ahead of us had loads of issues. The counter clerk was fast and efficient, however!! When we got up to the counter, she had us with our Sudafed and payment done in minutes. She was fast!
    Then we got home and did nothing until Pat went to get Ronan at 2:00 to play until 5:30 when his parents came and got him. They all went to their friends house for dinner. We have Bean for a Puppy Sleep-over!!
    There was rain and fierce cold wind all day long. Tomorrow is supposed to be bright and sunny for my walk to the post office. We'll see. Today was not fun outside.
    Chris