Replies

• Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    bgko8o02i90m.jpg
  • Carla_wfpb
    Carla_wfpb Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Look what I found: a workout tracker to color in for each day in 2024.

xh40k27fczpg.jpg
  • magic71755
    magic71755 Posts: 3,770 Member
    Options
    ^ That's so cool...thanks, Carla!
  • Mihani
    Mihani Posts: 3,897 Member
    edited January 6
    Options
    That's a nifty tracker, Carla. I am thinking different colors for type of workout like walk, bike, strength, etc.

I have a ton of work to do this weekend and going to try to be very disciplined about it. I want to be at my desk by 11:00 and pretty much work until bedtime. I will probably run to the office for a few tomorrow, then do a grocery shop and run a couple errands. I have a couple new entrees from the WFPB place to try. There was a curry I had night before least that was delicious. Looking forward to the greek hummus, grilled veggies and beet loaf for lunch today.

Nanc, probably best not to visit if your niece is sick, with you still having a lingering cough and probably susceptible. Too bad... I know you really enjoy seeing her.

Spring, how goes the challenge?

Bisky, how you feeling?

Off to eat something and get to work.

• Marilynsretired
    Options
    ddlf4az64hcs.jpg
  • Mihani
    Options
    Got some work done, took a nap, gave up. Went to to the grocery to get lettuce and veggies for salads this week and some potatoes. General plan for the upcoming week is fruit with chia/flax and a few walnut halves or a smoothie for breakfast, big ol' salad for lunch with beans added, and cooked veggies and baked potato for dinner. When I run out of preps late in the week I'll hit up the WFPB place for a few things to get me through to Sunday and prep again. I think this will be the plan going forward for a while. Should be sustainable time and energy wise, and result in less food waste.

I've got to knock off the snacking though. I've been getting into pretzels and crackers too much lately. I had pretty well broken that habit for several months but it came back over the stressful end of year time at work and time to stop.

Will do my prep tomorrow morning while I get laundry done, and then back to work. I don't think I'll go to the office tomorrow. I have some major headache projects to work on, and when I'm at the office I get distracted by other things floating around my desk. Easier to focus when I'm at home.

• Marilynsretired
    Options
    0w73xndl1gbx.jpg
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    🥳 HAPPPY NEW YEAR!

Just returned from Hilton Head. A very very stressful visit. I could make it a long story but bottom line my oldest sister is an alcoholic and a mean one at that. When we visited in October her Dr. had asked her to stop drinking and she was doing fairly well but she was back at it over the holidays. She was back to being very critical of my diet and to the point of denying my celiacs disease. She screamed and at me for going on a long walk as if I was a teenager. Brooks was napping and I said I was going for a walk and would pick her mail up. It turned into drama. I am so glad I took my small blender and protein powder with me as well as my nuts. I took my special gluten free seed crackers from Trader Joe’s and she served them all to her guests with her gross cheese ball despite having several non gluten free crackers. It was constant little mean jabs. We got back and my other sister wanted to either gossip about my oldest sister….i refused to say anything other than it was a nice visit. Then she started on how she has started on a KETO diet. Lots of meat, some vegetables, no fruit, beans or nuts. That should really help her cholesterol and clog up her heart. But oh yes, she takes a statin so she is fine ( insert sarcasm sign). I had to practically hang up the phone on her. I think I have shared I am seeing an eating disorder therapist/nutritionist. They are 12 and 16 years older than me. When I was in my 20’s at 5’5 and 130 #/they were constantly telling me I was overweight. They grew up with Twiggy being the ideal body weight. I will catch up posts but just needed a good vent.
  • Mihani
    Options
    Bisky, I am SO sorry... thank goodness you are home! *hugs*
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    us0nbzyjlrn8.jpg
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Oh my. I really did vent. I have calmed down. Good to be home.

Sparkles! So good to see you are back and committed to a vegan diet. Cheese is a big weakness of mine. Vegan protein shakes really help when I have cravings.

Marilyn - I love your goals and positive changes. Did you get some good vegetables in that soup?

Magic - Wow, you have made great progress. Slow and steady wins the race! How are the coworkers who were on that crazy diet and meds? I agree about lifting weights…now to start up. I rode the peleton today and walked dogs.

Carla - How is Ruby? She is so sweet. Love the workout tracker.

Mihani - I love your plan and fall back plan in case you need it.

So the positives on the trip….I rode a bike with Brooks around the forest preserve. It was the first time since the onset of Menier’s disease and dizziness. We also did sunrise walks on the beach. Played pickleball. It was a blast. Made suet peanut butter balls for birds with my niece. aaoz977430cx.jpeg
    7bksequf0dm0.jpeg
    08wgibejx3pd.jpeg
  • magic71755
    edited January 9
    Options
    Bisky, 98tbukdrvc3s.png
    you are so cute in that picture...your sweet personality shines through. I am sorry about your sisters...your venting was not too much. Please do not apologize. This is the place to do it...and you have some very soft shoulders to lean on here. Big Hugs to you. Stay strong. By the way, you handled it better than I would have. I would have wigged out. So, great job staying calm and not giving your other sister the gossip she sought.
    Hang in there, sweetie! 5qefml257rn1.png

• magic71755
    edited January 9
    Options
    mr1maxxorpg0.png

Sorry, I am so behind...just stayed in bed* all weekend (Saturday-Monday) except for a quick lunch date with just my niece and her DH and baby girl, at Pita Jungle. She was feeling fine...but my BIL got sick, so my sister stayed home with him. *Never made it to Sprouts.

My Niece is back in Houston...she is already so excited about my visit...it will be six days, which includes travel time. I have three days of vacation left...so I will piggyback that on my three-day weekend. We just have to find a good time that works for niece and her husband.

Up early ...paying my last quarter of Estimated Taxes. Making lunch and having coffee.

My voice is finally coming back after four weeks. I feel pretty good, just a few coughing jags here and there...and I am still very tired.

Today

coffee
    vegan homemade waffle with oats ...using the vita mix
    big salad
    refried bean burrito
    Some kind of little dessert and tea
    Make it deeeellicious everyone. 4z3xhdajc3q5.png

• magic71755
    Options
    Someone asked about my coworkers who had chosen to go the OOOOOO ZEMPIC route. The husband has gained all his weight back and then some. His wife, not sure, she was let go...but I did notice she was back eating not the greatest choices.

The gal that I am closest to, is still keeping the weight off and making good choices, most of the time. I think she will keep it off. Of all of them, she is the most determined. I will say she is a happier person now.

I have HSN on while doing my paperwork ...OMG, some of these hosts, I have not seen forever. A few have gone the way of OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooZEMPIC. It has to be. They could never lose before the OOOOOooozempic craze. And now, all little.

Right now, Denise Austin is selling her treadmill. This girl never ages. She has been around forever. Still looks fit...even has a small tummy. She is for REAL. The host, on the other hand, I think her name is Suzanne something or other...she is all skinny looking...NOT healthy. She looks like she OZEMPIC'D!

UGH>
  • Carla_wfpb
    Options
    Nanc, that is a crazy long time to be sick. Your upcoming travel plans sound fun. It's great that you and Lulu can go together.

Donna, I'm glad you're back home and can do what you want when you want. I would have told your sister that her comments are mean and that she's nasty again since hitting the bottle. It's too bad that she is an alcoholic but that doesn't mean you have to stand there and take the abuse.

Ruby and Radar are both doing good though they will be in for a boring day today. There are huge gusts of wind out there that started at 4 am and aren't supposed to slow down until 10 pm. If there's a lull, I hope to take them around the upper pasture to stretch their legs. Ruby is in the bathroom now while Joe is showering. She loves sleeping in there when we shower. I think the fan is part of it and sometimes when we leave she stays there a while.

Marilyn, is Tuesday weigh-in day at Tops? Is it a supportive group?

Okay, I know I go on about my VR workouts but I am not trying to convince anyone else to do them. I just love them. They are so perfect for me. Yesterday I found out how to better search for the music I want in Supernatural and I had the most fun workout yet. I was not planning to do the whole workout but I found it, did the first song and did not want to stop. Halfway through I was so sweaty and still in PJs so I took off my flannel bottoms and kept going LOL. I probably look like a lunatic but I feel great. That workout plus playing some other active games here and there during the day added up to 90 zone minutes.

We had our first snowfall yesterday but less than half an inch and it is already gone. More is in the forecast for the end of the week. Joe is picking up our Plantage meals today so we will be set.
  • Carla_wfpb
    Options
    oh also Joe loves VR fitness too. He plays Beat Saber songs and boxes. The boxing is a killer workout. I did it once. Kind of intimidating to be in the ring. But when you are tired you still want to punch and dodge to win.
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    Today is the first weigh in for TOPS (taking off pounds sensibly). We have a great group of ladies - about 20 with 15 showing up every week. Will be interesting to hear the totals of what everyone did for 2023 and look forward to seeing how we do this year.

I had a good sleep but am feeling tired - woke up to 3 inches of snow - enough that hubby had so shovel. First snowfall we have had for this winter so guess we should be happy - am looking forward to it melting though.

Time for me to go get dressed so I can go and get weighed

wsza5ru2ahc5.jpg
  • Carla_wfpb
    Options
    135 zone minutes yesterday from 2 back-to-back Supernatural workouts and a few Beat Saber songs throughout the day. Ate too much even though it was healthy. Oatmeal squares made from banana and oats, dates, and blueberries. Healthy ingredients but too tempting.

Dinner last night and tonight is veggie lasagna and mixed greens. Divine.
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    fuhoe77kpeo7.jpg
  • Mihani
    Options
    Hi all, seems like I'm too bogged down this month to post regularly but I do manage to read posts on my phone while I eat lunch. I made it to the grab and go bar last night and got a few entrees to get me through the weekend.