Options

Replies

• bisky
    bisky Posts: 973 Member
    edited January 11
    Options
    u19sxy5eldwq.jpeg
    gi1omb1umasd.jpeg
    Carla _ you are so right! My oldest niece called me yesterday. My sister has always been somewhat abusive to her but she went off on my niece. I told her my thoughts of my sister drinking again. She did not know.

Mihani - is the grab and go bar the vegan place? You do you and we know when you have time you will post.

Marilyn - how was the Tops meeting ? I have heard they are a good supportive group. I am enjoying our cool weather 50-60’s. In 2 months it will be back to 80’s for the spring and then 90-110* for summer.

Magic - where are you and Lulu adventuring too?

Back to either yogurt, blue berries and walnuts alternating with overnight oats. Then vegan protein drink and apple slices mid morning. Salad for lunch and then midafternoon snack another protein drink, more apple slices and a few nuts. I have been working hard on the Swedish death cleaning then as a reward and not to snack I have been doing either grocery shopping, thrift store or get this: makeup shopping. I threw out all my old expired makeup from years ago and old nail polish. So as a reward to cleaning out I buy one item a day 😂😂😂 I mean it is better than food reward right? I am following this lady in her 60’s about what make up to use. She always has 3 to suggest: high end, medium and drugstore prices. I am going for the drug store items. One of the things I really like are CC or BB make up with moisturizer and sunscreen. Yesterday’s treat was an eyeliner from NYX at the military base exchange. I buy my treat after dropping off a load at the shelter, goodwill or Salvation Army.

Time to walk my 4 legged friends.

• Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    v5mo4b85448c.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    k1q30utiac8v.jpg
  • Mihani
    Mihani Posts: 3,897 Member
    Options

Nanc, hope you are continuing to get better! So exciting about your trip.

Carla, so glad you found that workout that you love. I can't say I ever love it, but it's mostly because I'm stressed and busy and anything that feels like a "have to" outside of work makes me resentful. But, I also know if I do a workout, I feel better, so that makes it a "want to" or at least that's what I tell myself. LOL

I will say the strategy works a bit on the house projects that I want to get done. I remind myself how happy I'll be when it is done so it's like a present to myself. I am not completely fooled, but enough to get started, and once I get started I'll see it through.

Marilyn, how was your TOPS meeting?

Bisky, pups look cute as ever. Yes, the grab and go is the vegan place. I stopped again tonight and got two entrees and several sides/soups. Looking forward to trying them as all but 2 are new to me. The owner was still in since I got there earlier and she said to let her know anything I'm wishing she had and she'd try to put it in the rotation. I will have to ponder that!

I had to look up swedish death cleaning! Sounds intriguing and I bookmarked a site to read more.

I was able to get out of the office a little early today and planned to run a bunch of errands but it was pouring cold rain and I decided to just make one quick stop and come home. I'm looking forward to an early bedtime and a full night of sleep. This has been a rough week.
  • Carla_wfpb
    Carla_wfpb Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I haven't been able to work out for 3 days now. My neck is really sore when turning; I think I feel asleep in a weird position while reading myself to sleep the other night. And the bottom of my foot, in the heel, feels tender when I put weight on it. It gets worse as soon as I attempt to do any VR workout or song, so I think I overdid it the other day when I did an hour straight. I'm going to try Beat Saber a few times today, just one song at a time and see how that goes.

It is so cold here now. It was 5 degrees yesterday (-15 C), and 11 this morning. The field is too open in the wind to take the dogs out, and surfaces are really slick around the yard. Our kitchen tap wasn't working at all yesterday but this morning it is running fine. I don't get it, but I'm happy it is working again!

We should be back to normal temps for here, above freezing, by Monday.
    In the meantime, it looks pretty looking out at the frosty pastures in the sun, while having hot coffee.

I should look into Swedish Death Cleaning as well. And getting little non-food rewards sounds great, bisky. I have makeup stashed away that is older than my niece and nephews...and the eldest is graduating high school this year! haha

Mihani, what is the slowest time of the year for you guys at work? I hope the meals you are trying at the grab n go are good. Did you let her know you found some of them too spicy? I know you like a little heat to your food, so if it was way too hot for you, I'm sure others feel the same. I hope you catch up on your personal stuff and have time to regroup at home.
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    Tuesday I went to my TOPS (taking off pounds sensibly) meeting to get the first weight for the year. Now to follow the plan to meet my goals. Am going to work on losing 40 pounds by the end of the year which is doable - means 3 - 5 pounds a month. Am down as of today but will not record it officially until Tuesday.

Getting in my 72 oz of water daily which is part of my goal for this month
    Walking on the treadmill daily is also a goal but just havent done it yet so praying that I can fulfil this today by at least making a start
    Reducing 'bread' to 1 - 2 slices a day and preferrably none - bread is a trigger for me.
    Reading through the Bible in one year with my husband is another of the goals - we are on track here

Overall am doing ok but could always improve

We are in an Artic Chill right now. Right now the temperature outside is -15F and feels like -33F =they are asking people to stay inside unless you really have to go out. My dear hubby is the one chosen today to get a few groceries. Just looked at the tempterature for the rest of the day. We get out of the - numbers about noon with it only going up to 3 F which still is cold but will feel lots warmer than it is right now. By Saturday they say that it should get as high as 35 F so we will feel much better then. But I am still not going outside unless necessary

Have a good day everyone

4kv8rbwh69vb.jpg
  • Mihani
    Options
    Carla, there isn't really a slow time... the worst times are pretty much Thanksgiving through tax time so I guess there's maybe slightly less pressure from May through October.

Yikes, so sorry about your neck and heel! Does ibuprofen or anything help?

I did talk to the owner of the grab and go place about the few dishes that I had to throw out they were so spicy. She said while some people love it she has received enough feedback she's going to make milder versions so people can choose. I'm glad I didn't give up on the place, because the last few items that I got were superb! There are a few things I've tried that aren't for me, but she has so much variety and changes up the menu weekly, so there are always things that I like.

I read for a while and took a nap. Really productive day so far! LOL

Now to clear the dining room table and straighten up a bit, then tackle the bedroom project. I want to clean out and reorganize the dressers and walk-in closet, and get rid of a bunch more clothes that I know I'll never wear. Not sure whether I'm going to the office tomorrow or just work from home.
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    dgabprh91hil.jpg
  • SparkSpringtime69
    SparkSpringtime69 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Magic, glad to hear you're on your way to getting better. Your trip sounds like a lot of fun.
    Mihani, the grab and go place sounds great. I wish I had something like that near me.
    Marilyn, glad to hear the first TOPS meeting was enjoyable, seems you'll have a good deal of support through the group.
    Carla, hope your neck and foot are feeling better. Below freezing temps are rare for us in SC, and I sure don't miss the winters in NJ that were full of them.
    Bisky, the fur babies are soooo cute. I looked up the Swedish death cleaning - I've been doing something like that for a while, now I know what to call it, LOL
    My hubby's SIL passed away in September and we've been dealing with a lot of cleanout at his brother's home. His brother has dementia (not too bad yet, but enough that we don't want him living alone). They have a ton of collectible stuff (decorative plate collections, figurines, etc.) and it's tough getting rid of them. They originally bought them because they thought they'd be an investment, but they're worth nowhere near what they originally paid for them.
    I'm in the process of getting rid of almost everything in my home that I don't actually use or really, really, love to look at. I don't like the clutter. I do have some problem areas where I have a tough time letting go, so I'm leaving those until last :p
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    q3uu3fbspd8p.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    Down 3.3 pounds this week. Feel good about that. My goal for the month of January is to lose 3 pounds so guess I have made it - now to keep it off and possibly lose another pound before end of the month

35lzaodujbbd.jpg

• Mihani
    Options
    Great job, Marilyn!

Spring, so sorry to hear about your SIL. That's so nice that you and your husband are able to help his brother though.

Didn't get out of the office until almost 7:00 tonight so this was just a quick check-in while dinner was in the microwave. Teriyaki that is SO good. This place uses jackfruit in a lot of dishes, and it's amazing all the things she does with it.

• Marilynsretired
    Options
    17e8u6k79x4i.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    fa1yezaoig33.jpg
  • Mihani
    Options
    First day this week I have been home before 6:00. I just had to get out of there. I made a quick stop at the grab and go place and she had a bunch of new stuff out. I'm all set through probably Tuesday. It's crazy how much she cranks out of that kitchen.

I forgot my lunch today so just had a Dr. McD soup (that's why I always keep a few stocked at the office) and ate my lunch salad for dinner.

I made up my mind this week that I was going to stop playing around and it is paying off. I had put 4 pounds back on over the holidays and those are gone already, and ready to move on. I've been having a smoothie for breakfast, salad for lunch, and one of the entrees for dinner. Working out really well. If I really need a snack I have some fruit or raw veggies. Decided if I'm going to make this investment in the healthy food, I maybe shouldn't counteract the benefits with junk food. LOL
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    wm98s4d9w4i5.jpg
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 973 Member
    edited January 20
    Options
    dhizefcz5n7x.jpeg
    9ind3seg6ew0.jpeg
    Mihani - Good point about not counteracting bad food with good food. I wish I had a healthy small place like your store. Whole Foods just does not cut. Many places that deliver food don’t have base access.

Sparky - I have been going to estate sales and amazed how cheap very nice stuff goes for. Especially crystal and china. I bought a beautiful big heavy Lenox crystal vase for $5.00. Younger generation does not care as much for collectibles, antiques, knickknacks or tchotchkes.

Magic - are you on your fun trip?

Carla - how is your neck? Get rid of that old makeup! Not healthy to use. It can grow bacteria. Especially mascara. I am loving the Bb and CC creams. Lightweight coverage. Some have sunscreen.

Well the gentle Swedish death cleaning might be the death of me. I pulled a lot of stuff out of kitchens and closets. Found the military thrift store (1/2 a mile from me) and donating to them. The store is run by volunteers and all money donated to scholarships. Today I have been working on my craft room. I have mailed stuff to family and friends.

I am on a routine of coffee protein powder for breakfast, black bean soup for lunch and salad & roasted vegetables for dinner along with fruit and nuts and chocolate for snacks.

Mr. grubby pants (aka Charlie Bear) and Cleo had a spa yesterday. Grubby pants already has gray paws and dirty face.
  • magic71755
    magic71755 Posts: 3,770 Member
    Options
    Today is JubilanI January, finally! I slept, I have fresh food in the house and I am no longer coughing ... just a bit here and there.

Cleaning and laundry...walking Lulu time...and ON THE BIKE, AGAIN.

coffee
    just egg liquid with spinach and creamy chao shreds
    salad rolls aka spring rolls aka summer rolls...I have finally perfected them...found 25cm size at my local Asian market...easier to work with.
    bean burrito
    tea and toast for dessert with jam.

Off to get the day started.
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    4y293e9fe9c5.jpg
  • Mihani
    Options
    Hi all, been a decent day so far. I am not sure whether I'm going to get to any work or just concentrate on the house. Might be better to divide up the days between work and house. I really want to tackle the bedroom closets and dressers so that project will be out of the way. I started by pulling everything out of the dressers and dumping it on the bed. Sort of makes it imperative to get it done before bedtime. LOL

Took some docs to a client who can't get out and about and ran a few errands. Eating a salad then I'll get busy. The grab and go has a broccoli salad that is awesome so I've just been throwing some of that on top of a bed of lettuce and adding chickpeas. Voila. Super healthy and tasty salad, no work.

I have enough food from the grab and go to get me through Thursday plus smoothies for breakfast.

Bisky, the puppers look so cute! Are you almost done with your decluttering project? Once I finish the bedroom, I'll need to tackle my office. That is going to be the worst and I am definitely actively avoiding it.

Nanc, glad to hear you're not coughing now and that you got a good night of sleep. Yay!

Oh, and they had pints of blueberries for 99 cents at Fresh Thyme. Bought 4 so I can wash and freeze.