Jan 10 - Jan 16

Options
GaGasheesh
GaGasheesh Posts: 1,107 Member
LW: 133.6
TW: 134.2

Well, the weight gain continues. I haven't had my trainer for a while now since she was sick and then I came down with a cold also . . negative for Covid. I have been able to walk on the treadmill, but very slowly.

Sarah, I'm so sorry about the awful and irritating plumbing issues! You and hubby have been absolutely tested too much lately. Hopefully the local municipality will be responsible for some of the expenses.

Lois, I wonder if the bug you got is what's going around in my area. Almost everyone I know is under the weather. I heard that the flu vaccine is very effective this year, so I'm glad I got it. I've had sniffles and congestion, but so far no fever or other symptoms. Like you, my lungs are vulnerable, so fingers crossed. Take care.

Kelly, I think taking on one thing at a time is a great way to approach goals. I decided my goals will revolve around quality of food intake and drinking more water. Also, incorporating more stretching onto workouts.

Let's keep our goals in mind and keep plugging along in spite of life, lol!

Replies

• SarahMaxx
    SarahMaxx Posts: 1,939 Member
    Options
    LW: 129.0
    TW: 128.2 (Wednesday's weight)

Sorry to be a day late. Yesterday, our internet connection was iffy. It would take forever for a page to load and I finally just gave up. I suspect it was connected to the rain and wind we had on Tuesday. We got almost 4 inches of rain in a 24-hour period. It was frustrating but I knew there would be a lot of teleworkers reporting the issues to Xfinity.

I was lucky enough to be on the low part of my weight swing yesterday. Today I have bounced back to 129 even though I had a good day yesterday with intake. It was vegetarian day (we do that at least once a week) and I managed to not eat any sweets, but my weight always swings in an arc of 2 to 3 pounds.

Sheesh, I'm sorry to hear that you have a cold, but I'm glad it's not COVID. This new variety is making some folks pretty sick. We've had a few cases in my Bone Builders class, so I'm back to wearing my KN95, even though I have to talk so much louder with that darned thing on and it dries my throat out.

And your lips to God's ears, but I don't expect that the local municipality will pick up any of our costs. They pay for nothing on your property and homeowners insurance pays for nothing beyond the foundation. The plumbers and an estimator are coming tomorrow, so soon we should know more, and I'm just trying to worry too much ahead of time. (A skill I'm very good at! LOL) Hubby reminded me last night that problems you can address with a check are not the worst problems you can have. We have a good friend who just found out that his stepdaughter, who is only about 50 years old, has early-onset alzheimers, and he is just heartbroken. I'm sure he'd swap his troubles for ours any time.

Hang in there everyone. I'm sure that if I cannot use my treadmill for a period of time, I'm going to be really challenged to not gain too much and keep my spirits up. Honestly, moving my body is what keeps my mind sane (or close to sane) some days.

Before I head off, here are my 7-day averages for last week. I just can't seem to get those kcals burned up above 1,700 lately.

Steps: 10,786
    Stairs: 11 floors
    Kcals burned: 1,665

• wiredkell
    wiredkell Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    TW: 158.3
    LW: 156.3

Oh well. I knew it would go up because last week when I weighed, I hadn't eaten much the day before cause I was still sick. This week I'm starting to feel much better with only a cough at night and some minor sinus issues, so my appetite is more. Gotta keep working at it.

Sarah - I'm so sorry for what you're going through with all of life's issues. That must be super stressful. Keep your spirits up! Is there a possibility of moving your treadmill to a space that's easier to access? I know moving a treadmill isn't easy, but it might be worth it just to keep you sane (or close to sane as you said lol).

Sheesh - Sorry to hear you're sick. I almost bet you have the exact thing we all have/had here. I know more people that were sick over the holidays than weren't. So crazy.

Lois - You too! I hope you're starting to feel better.

2 more weeks until we hop on a bus and head to Wisconsin for our daughter's hockey tournament and only a week after that, the hubby and I head to Mexico for my Brother's wedding! The weather turned super cold here today, after we received a bit of a storm for the last 2 days, so it'll be a nice break.
  • Lastchancelj
    Lastchancelj Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Just a quick check in. Sorry. Work-life has been crazy. This new software is driving me bonkers. I don't know what I don't know...well not knowing what I don't know is causing me extra work when I finally know. UGH. Plus this is our high sales selling season, so on top of a new software, sales is writing contracts and addenda like crazy (which is AWESOME). I'm starting to feel a bit better. I think the fever portion is gone...I pray. I felt well over the weekend and we finally got Christmas into their boxes. NOw to lug them all back to storage and free up our living room.

I've not really been following the program. Literally eating two of the bars per day versus 5 and we've been eating out. And yesterday, I have no idea what got into me, but I opened a Godiva gift basket and went to town. Had a belly ache last night of course, but oooh that tasted yummy.

Last week Disneyland opened for annual pass sales. While I got in the queue just after 9:30 (their links didn't work until about then). And then just kept the browsers (both personal laptops - hubby watched when he was home and then wheeled them into me to monitor. 730pm.... I got moved to buy...and only the socal ones were available. I was so bummed. This is the first time EVER that I didn't get disconnected and really thought we had a chance. but no. So yesterday I booked another trip to Disneyland for just me and hubby over mem day weekend. Not sure if we're telling the kids or not. (If we had gotten the annual passes we would have gone this weekend as well, but stayed on property.) And we're trying a hotel across the street versus staying at Disneyland Hotel or the Grand Californian. We'll see if they're as good as many people are saying they are (I like a bit of luxury, but also willing to step it down for a huge savings). I am going with an open mind. But my trip in three weeks with my sister is still at the Grand Californian so yippppeee. I ordered some star wars themed shirts and sweat pants for us. We'll be matchy not matchy.

Having been sick over the holidays and such has really gotten to me. And the fever has had me so so cold. I've never worn sweatshirts for so many days in a row! a long sleeve tshirt is usually the max for me at home but I've been living in my Disney sweatshirts and spirit jerseys, sweats and compression socks (not Disney themed).

Sarah - good luck with the plumber. I recall we had a water line burst under our driveway (PVC). Once it passes the meter it's our responsibility. HO insurance didn't cover the repair since there was no "damage" to the home or structure. So I understand.

Kelly have fun with your travels...

I know our temps aren't even near what you ladies face, but when you're running a temp, these 40' days are COLD... today we're almost 65 and it does feel a LOT warmer. Heater has been set at 71 and I'm still cold.