44 and not so fabulous.......yet ;)

Options
44 years old and 15kgs over weight :( it's my birthday in April so that's my target. I have thought about my goals over and over so now it's time to do the doing!!! Thoughts or words of wisdom or accountability check ins welcome and I will return the favour.

Fabulous here I come (fingers and toes crossed).

Replies

• PrfChaos
    PrfChaos Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You can do it!
    Do you have an activity or hobby you enjoy that keeps you active?
  • kierasayshi
    kierasayshi Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I turn 40 in August. I'm just made up in my mind I WILL be consistent and I WILL see results.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,416 Member
    Options
    Just remember to take it one day at a time. Sometimes you have to just focus on one meal at a time. I am seeing a Bariatric Weight Loss Doctor. Not for the surgery, but this one helps us through regular weight loss and she suggested watching your macros. Carbs 40%, Fat 30% and Protein 30%. My husband of course has done great with the weight loss and I have not so much, but I am going through other medical issues that might cause some if the problems I am having. Anyways just really try one meal at a time and once you get that down then go one day at a time. I have already lost 80 pounds from 2019 to 2021 and then I started gaining the weight back due to my own issues. I got lazy and started eyeballing my measurements and not tracking every day. So it was my own doing.
  • waughvic
    waughvic Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I can’t believe how much my body changed after 40. It was so quick - the ramp from my normal weight range to +10kg. It was my own fault thinking it was just about how much you put in. I was served a slice of humble pie. Now looking to move the needle back the other way- with a lot more effort than I ever remember. Hope it can be achieved!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options
    waughvic wrote: »
    I can’t believe how much my body changed after 40. It was so quick - the ramp from my normal weight range to +10kg. It was my own fault thinking it was just about how much you put in. I was served a slice of humble pie. Now looking to move the needle back the other way- with a lot more effort than I ever remember. Hope it can be achieved!

That is so true. I have not even put on but 12 pounds and my clothes don't fit at all anymore. I have dress pants I have to wear for work and I cannot even wear them. Cannot afford to buy new ones either. I just have to hope that working to get back down that 12 pounds will work. I have been following the Bariatric doctors advice. I am not doing the surgery. This is just us plugging away at macro percentages until we get the right combination for me to lose effectively. Hope my macro percentages will help someone.
  • Sharsou
    Sharsou Posts: 8,849 Member
    Options
    I think just think about the process and not the weight. If ur process is right then there is no way you won’t achieve ur goals. Keep it simple and don’t get stuck with the number on the scale. You got this! 💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻

I’m glad to see ppl like yourself making a conscious effort to achieve fitness. Gives me a lot of hope that I will be in company of ppl who are motivated and will not let me slip further. Rooting for you always💪🏻💪🏻👍🏻👍🏻 please feel free to add me if you want!!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options
    @Sharsou - I am working on the process. I have started seeing a Bariatric Doctor. Not to do surgery, but they are helping me with planning and exercising. So she helped me set my macros and my calories I need to eat and the exercise I need to have. So far so good. I have not done and checking recently, but I do know that I am down weight. Which I am concerned with, but I do want to check inches and what not. I believe tonight I am going to do measurements and keep those being tracked as well. I think that is a good idea. I know the Bariatric Doctor is not tracking measurements, but I feel I should.