JANUARY 2024 CHALLENGES -- 01/01 -- 01/31

Options

Replies

• kjs1228
    kjs1228 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Chris - Hope the weather is better today for you. We have a few reports of wet weather coming. Will see. It is like 30 degrees now. Chilly! I'm going to yoga, but will bundle up!

Karen
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,291 Member
    Options
    Karen, the weather was beautiful this afternoon, but this morning was so foggy you couldn't see two houses down. Sun burned it off and I was out there at 11:30 to the post office and back!! There were a lot of folks out walking and biking, too.
    Ronan is here now playing with Grandpa. He got to go to a fire station and crawl around a fire truck today!!
    I'm going to my trainer tomorrow...I'm so excited!! Three weeks without her and I have lost all my muscle!! :D
    We'll see how it goes...dun...dun...dun.
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,855 Member
    Options
    Ronan and a fire truck Chris. Photos? I am a bit envious. It is below zero. Frigid. No walks. Glad your instructor is well. You need your workout with her

Karen I can’t imagine doing your job. I am in awe. Picking up inmates is a cake walk compared to what you do. And sometimes kids need to be responsible for themselves. Hope it works out

Kathy and I have been doing the FitOn app. It is fun.

Cleaned aquariums today. Rocky was able to help. He is doing really well. Took us about 2 hours. Did some deep cleaning. Been nothing but negative zeroes here. I actually used my heated gloves. Filled the gas tank. Bought movie tickets and went shopping. Productive day

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Options
    Shelley, I have pictures of Ronan in the fire truck but I am having issues getting them on here. Pat will be helping me later.
    I got to see my trainer today...we had three weeks of catch-up to do!! Boy, howdy, I got lazy not seeing her.
    Bean had to go to the vet today...he has some growth right at his ear. The kids dropped off Ronan and Collin for a bit. I put Collin in the stroller and we went down the long path by No Name Park. That kid did not want his blanket tucked anywhere around his legs and feet!! There was a cool breeze out there but nopey, nope, Grandma. He does not like socks on his feet at all where Ronan wears socks ALL the time. Very strange!!
    That's is for now. Back later with pics, I hope.
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Chris I am with Ronan. Socks all the way. Waiting patiently for those photos. Hope it is nothing serious with Bean.

Picked up some clams for my fish Martin. I am such a softy. I really had a hard time killing them. In the freezer they went. Went to the bee keeper. Lots of violence and cussing. So no kiddos. But better than I would have guessed.
    Then home for a rough upper body workout. Chris we should never miss them. Ouch. Then a 15 minute Zumba cardio. Fun. Went out for a burger and finally dropping off my moms check to be deposited.
    I decided what with the sub zero weather to shower tonight. Don't want to get sick again from having damp hair in the morning.

Shelley
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,236 Member
    Options
    Completed an arms and core workout, a full body workout and a kettle bell workout. I’m finding the shorter workouts to be more effective for me. Then did 40 minutes on recumbent. On pace to hit my step challenge for the month. Now if the scale would just start moving again, 😊

Can’t wait for the photos Chris.

Expecting snow/ice in the Georgia mountains but don’t think we will get anything in the metro area.

Kathy
  • cpanus
    Options
    Fire Station and Sock Baby!!
    m3rfbup7r5dd.jpg
    d5p2wnj38tku.jpg
    yw385lfi67b6.jpg
    q3ca1u1qqhky.jpg
    Sooo darn cute!!
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Chris he is so small in that huge engine. I wonder what he was thinking. I kept looking for Romans sock baby! Found him. Thanks for sharing. They are so adorable.

Kathy you are doing awesome. What length are you liking? More like target workouts for what you are working?

Did a 20 minute upper body tonight. First took Rocky to physical therapy. He over did it again as usual. I am not on target for my monthly steps. :scream:

Shelley
  • kjs1228
    Options
    Shelley - You made me laugh with the clam story :-) so cute.

Workef from home yesterday but did drag myself to the gym even though I tried to talk my out myself out of it several times. I've really started to enjoy rowing which I find to be incredibly difficult but I did 20 minutes of straight rowing which is not easy for me, and then did 15 minutes of weights. That coupled with 45 minutes of shoveling snow and I was done for the day :-)

Sounds like we're expecting another snowfall on Friday :-) no school as it is a teacher in service day which is good. Today's on a 2-hour delay with the remnants of the snow and ice.

Mom's making turkey soup today. She makes the best suit. Can't wait for dinner! I've been doing a great job tracking my food and trying to be more balanced with what I'm eating this week. I need to keep it up!

Hope everybody has a wonderful day!

Karen

• KAR1959
    Options
    Arms and core workout and 45 minutes on recumbent on Tuesday.

Chris love the pictures. Your grandsons are cuties.

Kathy
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Karen I love soup also. I might want a rowing machine someday. Think of all the muscles it works at one time. Picture them in your mind working. Wow! Great workout.

Kathy great workout. You have gotten so consistent.

Court was awful today. Long hours. At 1315 I went into court. Finished at quarter to 5. Checked the building and finally went home. Since all I did most of the day was stand. Decided to walk on the treadmill. Was a bit sore from upper body workout anyway. Stayed on for almost an hour. 10,000 steps!

Kathy and I discuss our workouts on FitOn. What we like and don't. We got off topic and started discussing our favorite music artists of all time. A blast down memory lane. I need to get me a few CDs to play in my gym. Must inspire me to move!

Shelley
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Wednesday I did upper body sculpt, 3 sets of the KB abs workout and 30 minutes on recumbent.

Shelley you really keep me motivated and love it when we go off topic.

Kathy
  • cpanus
    Options
    I got 5.27 miles done in 108 mins today. It was foggy and cold, and there were three huge, mean dogs on the canal trail barking at everyone and scaring me to death TWICE!!! Crazy!
    Sara, Ronan and Pat all have covid. Pete, Collin and I are still testing negative. It seems mild for them. Mainly stuffy. We'll see what tomorrow brings.
    Chris
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,686 Member
    Options
    Shelley,

You should be getting the videos and TRX tomorrow (Friday). Hope Rocky likes the TRX. It has been a wonderful way for me to get a good workout without hurting my knee.

Paula
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Paula you are an angel. I hope he does. I have always wanted to try one out. Thanks so much.

Chris glad they are not super sick with it. Don't you get it! I hate covid. Stay well.

Kathy I love our off topic chats also. We are the same age so have things in common. I love that I am back on track working out with your help. Chris has stayed on track for years.

Did another upper body workout. It was a lot of shoulder. I still feel my frozen shoulder at times.

Shelley
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Thursday I completed a walking workout and a quickie abs FitOn. Then my KB abs along with 30 mins on recumbent.

Chris I’m still amazed at your miles. Sorry about your family’s positive Covid test. My aunt and her daughter recently tested positive. I think this is something we all will live with for a long time. Thank goodness there seem to be mild cases. 🤷🏽‍♀️

Paula, Hope you’re doing well. Glad to see you online.

Shelley yes it’s great to have a workout partner even if thousand of miles away.

Have a great weekend ladies! Rest days for me.

Kathy
  • kjs1228
    Options
    Chris - Hope your family members recover quickly and hope you don't get it! You inspire us all with your walking :-)

Shelley - that is an awful long day to be standing the whole time. Good for you for getting all those steps in :-)

I didn't get to do any formal exercise today but 45 minutes of snow removal has to count for something right?

End of the day under my calorie goal. That hasn't happened in a long time ;)

Karen
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Friday I got in my first starter HIIT workout. That was fun but intense, 5 days in a row again with FitOn. Sat and Sun will be rest days.

Ksthy
  • cpanus
    edited January 20
    Options
    Paula, that was so sweet!
    Shelley, just standing around for so long would put me to sleep and that would be a disaster!
    Karen, shoveling snow is definitely classified as a workout!! Plus...it's too darn cold and that burns calories!
    Kathy, glad the HIIT workout is fun! And Thank You!
    Yeah, I got it!! Yesterday was worse than today. Pat and I got the meds that's suppose to shorten the time we have it. And Collin has it as of this morning. SIL is the only one who doesn't have it. I have a runny nose, which drives me crazy, headache comes and goes, and a slight cough.
    I'm hoping to walk tomorrow...to the post office and back...maybe.
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Wow, where to start.

Chris I am sure I said, "don't you get it". I hope you still get to walk or at least get in some stretches. Sorry. Let us know if you think the meds help. Standing that long and falling asleep would be disastrous. :s hope you mend quickly.

Karen congrats on being under. Way to go. Having good shoes helps me to be able to stand for hours. I just wish it counted for something. Shoveling definitely counts!

Kathy I did end up with a rest day today. Tomorrow I plan on starting the futon challenges we chose.

Libby and I stayed in bed half the morning. It was great! Took Rocky to get his hair cut. Then got a sandwich for lunch. Walked around the house now and then. But otherwise nada. Will have a busy day tomorrow.

Shell