Weight No More Team Chat - JANUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 1,952 Member
    Options
    Since the doctor told me to stay home, I've been lazily happy with her 'order' because it has been freezing and snowing this week. I'm sure she was protecting me from the chilly air being breathed into my lungs. Anyway, I'm feeling 95% clear of the cough but, at the same time, 95% unfit! I'll see if I can muster up some energy to exercise tomorrow.

I hope you're feeling better now @melaniedscott and your wrist is healing well @minstrelofsarcasm

Well done on resisting the sweet treats @sydditt and also, good for you, @Laurabb99

Stay safe and warm @Stimpy56

Stick with it @ksludwig You definitely can do it.

It sounds like we all have hurdles and bumps in the road at the beginning of this year but we can overcome them!! Spring will be here before we know it.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Looking at steps posts and it looks like I am missing @9Harvey and @ljdanny ... Should I give it a couple more hours?
  • gillwellow
    gillwellow Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in

PW: 80.2kg
    CW: 80.2kg

Happy that hasn’t gone up given was on holiday.
  • sydditt
    sydditt Posts: 522 Member
    edited January 19
    Options
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    PW 182.8
    Jan 5: 184.5
    Jan 12: 181.5
    Jan 19: 181.3

GW (Jan): 178
    Plan: Strength training, daily walk, Protein 100g+, Fiber 25g+

🟥🟧🟨🟩🟦🟪⬛️ (Sun - Sat)
    ❤️🧡💛💚💙⚪️⚪️ (Protein/Fiber)
    ❤️🧡💛💚💙⚪️⚪️ (Planned Exercise)
    ❤️🙁🙁🙁💙⚪️⚪️ (Steps 5k+)

Was hoping for a bigger loss. I do know that looking at the last 7 days, I’m down a good 15,000 steps and didn’t do as well on my nutrition over the weekend as I could have. Next week!
  • sydditt
    sydditt Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Anybody have big plans for the weekend? I have my rescheduled company Christmas party tonight with a buffet dinner. Tracking for that is going to be fun! Normally, I’d relax and enjoy, but I’m feeling frustrated that I can’t seem to accurately track an entire week’s worth of food. (I want data!! 🤓)

I’ll be staying in a hotel Saturday into Sunday a couple of hours north with my daughter’s sports team, eating out the whole time with my sleep suffering! The only bright spot will be the hotel gym with a treadmill!! Surely there will be an hour or so of downtime where I can get a walk in on Saturday!
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Ljdanny
    Thurs
    Cw 188
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    @melaniedscott I am so sorry I forgot to post my steps. This has been the longest week ever. I'm just glad it's done. I will do better next week.

I went food shopping and bought a ton of healthy food. Instead of eating bagels for breakfast I wanted to do yogurt. Some days I don't even have time for breakfast but at least I'm having my protein shakes again. We are short staffed and everyone is calling out or needing days off, it has just been exhausting. I work in childcare so we need people there taking care of the kids. Everyone is getting burnt out. I hope next week I'd better.
  • Kyra_TB97
    Kyra_TB97 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Can I have a break this week please
  • BodyTalking
    edited January 20
    Options
    BodyTalking
    Weigh-in-Saturday
    Starting weight: 81.7 kg/180.12 lb
    Previous weight: 79.1 kg/174.4 lb
    Current weight: 79 kg/174.16 lb

Lol, 100g loss! That's the equivalent of a deck of playing cards 🃏

I'll be back to a normal week from Monday and will get more steps in and I'll try to do some exercises too. I'm also going to try planning my meals for the coming week.

h2crzuempa5z.jpg
  • 9Harvey
    9Harvey Posts: 105 Member
    edited January 20
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Sunday - Jan 14
    Previous - 216.2
    Current - 216.6

Steps
    M - 5694
    T - 5663
    W - 4480
    T - 7797
    F - 3117
    S - 2411
    S - 2780

Total - 31942 steps
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Zumba_luvah
    Pw- 219.6
    Cw- 218
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day Saturday:

PW: 193.5
    CW: 192.6
  • BodyTalking
    Options
    @ljdanny I hope you're able to rest this weekend with taking on the extra workload. Good start to the year getting healthy food in 👍

@sydditt did you have a good work's night out? Enjoy the rest of your weekend and I hope you get to the gym. Good job on your protein intake and exercising.
  • melaniedscott
    edited January 20
    Options
    ~ STEPS CHALLENGE RESULTS ~
    January Week 2

Team Statistics
    Total Steps: 296,575
    Participants: 7 (-1)
    Average Steps per Person: 42,368 (37.95% lower than last week's )

The Leaderboard

@andja87 - 123,279 total | 17,676 average Most Steps in One Day
    @daria0919 - 63,771 total | 9,110 average
    @sydditt - 35,816 total | 5,117 average Most Consistent between Weeks
    @9Harvey per - 32,088 total | 4,584 average
    @Losingweekly - 23,801 total | 3,400 average@BodyTalking - 12,040 total | 1,720 average
    @melaniedscott - 5330 total | 761 average yes, you read that right; Most Consistent?
    @ljdanny - * total | * average

I don't have a lot yo say this week, I'm pretty wiped out and my couple of hours grave for late posters became days. Sorry.

We really struggled to move last week, well, some of us.. I don't really deserve the Most Consistent considering my very low step count, so i have to give @9Harvey an honorable mention AGAIN-- with far more steps and only slightly lower consistency.

I want to give @andja87 a big shout out for amazing walking. Three days with more than 20,000 steps (and not just a little more!). Only one day with less than 10k. That is some serious walking. How do you do it?!? Bolded walkers met their goal!

To those who are not currently part of the step team, it's super easy to join and a great way to be more involved with the group if you're looking for something else to hold you accountable. Joining merely involves posting your weekly steps (Sunday - Saturday) either day-by-day or a weekly total. Those posting the weekly totals are not eligible for the Most Steps or Most Consistent awards, but will still be included on the leaderboard.

Let's step up!

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,150 Member
    Options
    The January Week 4 Group Challenge is active and ready to begin tomorrow, Sunday, Jan 21st and will run til Saturday, Jan. 27th. Please join us for Fitness Bingo and have a wonderful new fitness experience to shake up your routine this week! Would love to see you in the chat thread. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10907890/january-week-4-group-challenge-fitness-bingo#latest

Jessica :blush:
  • melaniedscott
    edited January 21
    Options
    Melaniedscott
    Sat weigh in (late)
    PW:235
    CW:235

ps2y72yhhtiz.png

The coughing is improving but not gone. I am at a point I think I should be able to start exercising again. And it is still too darned cold!
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Melaniedscott
    Sat weigh in (late)
    PW:235
    CW:235

ps2y72yhhtiz.png

The coughing is improving but not gone. I am at a point I think I should be able to start exercising again. And it is still too darned cold!
    Glad to hear you’re on the mend @melaniedscott. My manager has had a nasty cough for a few weeks now. That thing lingers…
  • Losingweekly
    Losingweekly Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Losingweekly
    Weigh in Day is Sunday

Starting Wt: 171.4
    PW: 168.2
    CW: 171
    Wt. Loss this week: 0
    Total Wt. Loss: 0.4

Steps This Week: 23,419

It looks like many of us are having a tough time with cravings especially sugar:( I thought I was the only one! It was a lazy non-focused week for me, so I need to get back on my daily tasks, i.e. track all the food, walk my goal steps and push for more steps. Have a great week everyone, we get to try again and success will happen this week !!! Thanks for all the support!!
  • andja87
    andja87 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Steps for this past week. Jan 14 - Jan 20
    Not as high of a step count as the previous week. My feet needed new shoes and recovery time 😂

o8fdycejc60w.jpeg

@melaniedscott thank you! Fortunately at my job I have the extra time and space to put so many steps in regularly. And when we had the mystery step challenge I was able to get many more in.
    If I had extra time to sit, I was taking a walk instead. The end of that week I started waning a bit because my ankles were sore from all the extra movement.

But I really think all that extra movement was the catalyst for my big weight loss that week. So I think I’m going to try to consistently go big again this week and see what I get lol
This discussion has been closed.