Airport VIP Lounge Chat

Options

Replies

• macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,220 Member
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.—Robert Louis Stevenson
    I AM: I find peace and joy in all aspects of my life.
    Action for Happiness: Go to bed in good time and allow yourself to recharge.
    Happy National Cheese Lover Day!!!
    Pliability QOTD: The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.—Nelson Mandela
    Day 19 of 2024 miles in 2024 complete and I had 6.01 miles yesterday. Day 19 of 75 Hard complete and beginning Day 20 with a 16OZ bottle of water before going to fill my Owala and get my protein coffee.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,486 Member
    edited January 20
    Options
    Hi all happy Saturday. Hope you all had a good weigh in. I am happy with mine. It is a little warmer than yesterday. I reached a local spot on my Jesus (Conqueror Virtual walk challenge). Mt. Arbel
    j0qr5wnpbnto.jpg

Have a great rest of your day. Hugs all

Today's inspiration: “Whatever your circumstances, never underestimate your ability to impact others.”
    - Aly and Andrea
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,109 Member
    Options
    @Kaliswalker, LOL that picture did make me giggle!! LOLOL i am sure if I took a blanket out in the snow and did that my neighbors A) would not be surprised and B) Neither would I! LOL!!!
    @Tabatha_Cain, how did your visit go with your Mom? The interview process is quite interesting. It's okay to be shy. Some are very outgoing (I am generally though if I am not comfy in a situation I'll clam up and not say much) and others are shy. The shy ones often are a favorite of mine, I know when I see a small grin inside they are usually laughing quite hard, and I enjoy seeing that. I love how organized you are!! Great way of helping yourself by making notes!! Good idea for all. I hope you and Joe get to enjoy Sunday as a FUN DAY!
    @Kurtize, that mountain is GORGEOUS!! TY TY TY for sharing!! Love watching your journey!! WOOHOO On the weigh in!!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,081 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Sunday and we are home this weekend as we elected to stay home due to the roads being in bad shape from all the snow and frozen cold we have had. The church was ok with us backing out of our usual volunteer stuff this week because they knew the roads have been bad for them also. So we will be home this week.

@macrat12 - I am totally trying to find peace and joy in all aspects of my life. Just having a hard time right now.
    @Kurtize - Those are some beautiful photos. Way to go on these walks. They are great.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - The visit with my Mom went well. We ate at a local restaurant and my mom paid for our breakfast. Then asked us to come to her house and replace her kitchen sink faucet. It is not working right so my Mom wanted to change it out. So we did and while we were there we also changed the toilet seat. My mom offered to pay Joe and he said no. She is family and we don't take money from family. We just help. My mom was super happy about that. My stepdad just cannot get done on the ground like that anymore under then sink to replace the faucet. So we helped.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: Where you spend your attention is where you spend your life.—James Clear
    I AM: I am capable of amazing things.
    Action for Happiness: Try out something new to get out of your comfort zone.
    Happy National Hugging Day!!! And World Religion Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: The most important thing in life is to believe in yourself.—Michael Jordan
    Day 20 of 2024 miles in 2024 not complete I had 1.45 miles while active due to my watch battery dying around 7PM. Day 20 of 75 Hard Complete and beginning Day 21 with a new hydration drink a 16OZ bottle of water, a hydration stick and table salt before going to make my protein coffee and fill my Owala.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain , I'm glad you decided to stay home. When it's icy and nasty out that is a very smart thing to do. Glad you got to see your mom yesterday and that it went very well. That would very very nice you guys to help change out the faucet and new toilet seat. As you age these things matter lol especially the toilet seat. Happy you had a nice day.
    @Macrat12, sounds like you had a nice one too. Excellent job on the hydration. It's amazing how many people don't drink enough water.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,452 Member
    Options
    Good evening, everyone! It's a cool day here today. My daughter says hello to all. Both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! I went for a short run earlier this morning and I really enjoyed it. I went for a walk after lunch and I feel great! I'll be doing some dancing later on. Have a great day, everyone! Take care and stay safe.
  • Kurtize
    Options
    It is in 30's, supposed to get freezing fog tonight. I have never heard that before so had to look it up.
    Nothing exciting. I have taken today as a day off. Haven't decided if I will really do any exercise, just relaxing, watching tv and lounging, and playing games on my phone. Hope you all have having a wonderful relaxing day. Hugs and blessings.

I liked this article I got from Today's Inspiration. 11 Simple Ideas for a More Fulfilling Life By Amy Young
    https://inspiremetoday.com/brilliance/11-simple-ideas-for-a-more-fulfilling-life/?
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

It's been a busy week. Tuesday after work I had a meeting. Before the meeting my friends and I decided to go out for dinner. Which was alot of fun. Thursday we finally got our furnace completely fixed and water came back. Also went up one side and down the other of a co-worker that completely got under my skin. I still have no idea how he still has a job but whatever. Picked up an extra shift on Friday and went in after shoveling snow for my side job and running a couple of errands. After work while waiting for the bus my son called me crying. Turns out that his mental illness was triggered by my sister over having dinner and he lost it. Called the cops on himself and had them take him to the hospital to the mental health ward. He spent the night there and then came to my house. It got him kicked out and he is now living with my ex and I. Not the best situation. But definitely better than being where he is constantly being treated like a child instead of an adult. Saturday was my only day off and had a dinner to attend. While there found out that I am being honored for 15 years as a Director on the Harrow fair board. Left early when my ride left as I had to be up for 2 am this morning for my 4 am shift. After work a co-worker and I went to the mall to have breakfast and do a little shopping. Then came home. Tried to stay awake without napping but didn't even make it till 1:30 pm before my body decided to shut down. Still tired but trying to stay up so I sleep through the night. Almost forgot on Wednesday went to TOPS and only gained 1 lb. Not what I was hoping for but it's better than gaining more.

Connie
  • imustloseit1
    imustloseit1 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone, I am finally feeling better, and ever went outside about 45 minutes this morning even in single degrees, and windy. Mercy, where did we get all this snow, I don't know hubby is going to put it all. we will be having piles till July. lol I didn't do any scoop, just not up to that yet, buy walking over snowbanks was enough for me, and helping hubby feed the animals. I think they were glad to see me, I know the barn cats were, as I had a bowl of scrapes for them. That was my exercise of the day, and if you dont think trudving in snow isn't exercise, will you tell me why not, that is work. Well, hope are having a nice eveningl Linda
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Monday and Joe and I are back at work. I am going to be working hard on memberships today. I need to get 9 in the next 8 days. I am definitely going to try. That is what I want. My boss has been so busy that we have not even had our Monday morning meetings that we normally have. She just took over some more offices and she has been working on getting all their stuff incorporated with our stuff and going over there and meeting them all and working with them all to get them accustom to her managerial style. So maybe at some point we will start having Monday meetings again. I am still going in early this morning just incase she sent us a link to get into a meeting today. Who knows.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - Thank you. It was a nice Saturday. Especially since my Step Dad was not there. He is a jerk and I do not like him at all. So that affects me spending time with my Mom. He does not like people coming to the house when he is there. He smokes weed for pain and well when people are visiting he will light up a lot and Joe and I don't like that smell. Plus Joe is in the medical field so he cannot be around that stuff. Nothing against people doing it, but just be polite when people are in your home.
    @cormierannie - Glad things are going well for you.
    @Kurtize - That is weird Freeze Fog. Kinda like we get Thunder Snow. I am guessing it is a Thunderstorm, but instead of rain you get snow.
    @CSEGUIN2 - I am so sorry about your son. That is a tough situation. I am glad he called and got himself help. That is always the best option. Get yourself help. That is awesome that you were being honored. 15 years is a long time. That 1 pound is definitely better than a bigger gain. With everything you had going on you did great.
    @imustloseit1 - I completely agree that walking through a mountain of snow is definitely exercise. So glad you are feeling better. Scooping snow when you are just recovering might have set you back. I am glad all you did was go down and feed the animals.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Monday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: It doesn’t matter if I don’t succeed in something. What matters is if I learn from my mistakes.—Linda Evans
    I AM: Compassion fills every corner in my life.
    Action for Happiness: Plan something fun and invite others to join you.
    Happy National Hot Sauce Day!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.—Robert Collier
    Day 21 of 2024 miles in 2024 complete and I had 5.13 miles yesterday. Day 21 of 75 Hard complete and beginning Day 22 with 16OZ bottle of water, hydration stick and salt before going to make my protein coffee and fill my 64OZ bottle with water.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    edited January 22
    Options
    @cormierannie , great job.
    @Kurtize , freezing fog It's kind of cool. I live on the coast that you know right on the water on the harbor, and we see it from time to time during the winter. Like any ice situation a lot of caution needs to be used when driving. Fog comes up very suddenly here and it random. Most often it includes part of the Maine turnpike. I'm amazing how many people don't think they need to slow down when its icy. When I was working 20 miles from here on bad work days weatherwise I would take the back roads.
    @Cseguin2, So sorry your S has had a rough time. Hopefully the three of you can live together peacefully area that not easy having an adult child move back home. It is just not easy. Hopefully at work and will be okay So sorry about the co-worker. Sometime people have to keep them on the payroll only because they need a certain amount of number working for them in order to maintain a contract. Awesome that you're able to get out and be with other people and do some fun things! That's really cool.
    @Imustloseit1, Happy to hear you feeling better. I adore snow! What wonderful exercise you did walking through the snow. I'm sure that the barn cats were thrilled to see you. Please take care go slowly as you get better Ion rebuilding your exercise.
    @Tabatha_Cain, I'm glad you and Joe had a very relaxing weekend for the most part. It was so good you guys to help out your mom. I understand I had to stepfather from you nowhere. The day he died I did a wonderful dance of happiness. He knew I would! Sometime people are just plainly evil and selfish. I'm not saying it step out of it I don't know him I am saying mine was. I Don't care to have any type of smoke in the house myself. Thankfully living in a high-rise the overall insurance (we are each responsible for our units) It's cheaper because nobody's supposed to smoke in here. Now we are now some of them do, but,,,, lol We will leave it at that. I do have one neighbor on my floor that does smoke pot in his unit. He's very close to death though I just let him be and I defend him. It would be different if he was not 7n severe pain and it does help.
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Hi all happy Monday. the weather wasn't too bad today. Rain is in forecast but weather man keeps changing his mind. Got a lot of things done. Walked Kayla. Don's ticket taken care of, grocery shopped, went to bank. Now time to relax. Hope you all have a great week.
    Hugs and blessings.

Today's inspiration: The longer we dwell on our misfortunes, the greater is their power to harm us.
    - Voltaire
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Kurtize, WOOHOO on getting so much done!! WTG on that!!! I agree with the quote, the more we think of the negatives the more negative we become. The more we look for opportunties when things are hard, the more solutions we'll find.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Tuesday and it is going to be a good day. My co-worker messaged me and it is a sheet of ice outside and she messaged our boss demanding she reach out to a higher up about delaying our opening because she doesn't want to drive in the ice. I think it is funny that she feels she can demand stuff like that. We will see if it actually works. Yes we had freezing rain last night and the roads are ice, but I don't think they are going to delay our opening because of it. I guess we will see.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - That is true. My co-worker recently got an apartment which was supposed to be non smoking. The neighbor above her smokes like a chimney and it goes through the air vents into he apartment. So is so mad about it, as when she went on the walk thru with the owner she mentioned the cigarette smoke and he said he would address it with the tenant upstairs and apparently he didn't make himself clear enough or did not address it. My co-worker is now complaining of a headache and feeling ill all the time because every 30 minutes her apartment is flooded with cigarette smoke. It is horrible. I feel bad for her.
    @Kurtize - Glad you got time to relax. That sounds like a lot to get done.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: Calmness of mind is one of the beautiful jewels of wisdom.—James Allen
    I AM: I put my anxieties behind me and walk forward with confidence and grace.
    Action for Happiness: Put away digital devices and focus on being in the moment.
    Happy National Pie Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.—Carl Lewis
    Day 22 of 2024 miles in 2024 complete and I had 5.26 miles yesterday. Day 22 of 75 Hard complete and beginning my day with a 16OZ bottle of water, Hydration Stick and table salt for hydration before going to make my protein coffee and fill my 64OZ Sports Shaker for the first time today.
  • Kurtize
    edited January 23
    Options
    Happy Tuesday. It wasn't real cold but overcast some fog, cloudy and 65% chance rain. Nothing very exciting going on here. I got another post card on my Conqueror virtual Jesus Walk challenge. Here is link to blog.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10891931/joyces-walking-adventures#latest
    Wishing a great evening and a fantastic Wednesday.

Hugs and blessings.

Today's Inspiration: A thankful heart is the greatest virtue. - Cicero
  • imustloseit1
    imustloseit1 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Today we were able to leave home, after covid, and of course we HAD to go to the grocery store as we were about out of everything, So got the stips in today and ir felt really good to get out, but boy, I was shot by the middle of the afternoon, and I did go in a laid down awhile and did sort of doze off a few minutes, and with 2 cats joining me it wasn't a very long nap/ And it was time to be thinking of what to fix for supper.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Wednesday and I am definitely back to work today. Yesterday they ended up closing the office due to the ice and really bad roads. So I got a day yesterday to get a lot of other things done. I was able to pack up the porch. That was my son's man cave and since he doesn't live here anymore (he left most of his stuff here as he is living with his Fiance and his mom in their single wide trailer.) They don't have room for it and I don't want it just laying out and getting broken or something. Plus I want to do something with the porch. I am leaving his bedroom alone as he does come and stay here from time to time when we go to Joe's parents for the weekend and we need him to watch the dogs.

@Kurtize - Congrats on the post card. That means you are treking along.
    @imustloseit1 - I am glad you are finally able to get out and about. The first couple of times you get out and about it does make you tired and require a nap. Definitely with cats you get no sleep. Our cat likes to jump on us while we sleep at night. Joe finally made the choice this morning that we are to have no more cats in the bedroom over night. We close the bedroom door so they are stuck with us all night and our one cat we have will jump on us when she wants to cuddle and wake us up. Not fun. We feel like we did not get any sleep at all.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday.

Tabatha