JANUARY 2024 CHALLENGES -- 01/01 -- 01/31

Options

Replies

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,291 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Shelley. The meds leave a nasty taste in the back of your throat. ugh! Not right away but a bit later you taste the bitterness. I sure hope they help.
    No walking for me yet. We need to find out what this coming week looks like w/Collin. I don't think Sara is going back to work until Wednesday...Pat will get the info when he goes to get Ronan this afternoon.
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,855 Member
    edited January 22
    Options
    Chris I play a game online and the folks on there swore by the med. And all said the bitter taste was worth it. Are you still watching the Grand kids? I would have thought you all would be resting. Try and get lots of rest.

Cleaned the aquariums today. I added some binding agent that helps clean the water. Side affect is cloudiness. It scared my fish something awful. Pumba, a large butterfly fish, kept banging into the glass. Had to turn off the lights to calm him down. I normally add it at night time.
    Rocky and I took the kids for a short walk. His first since the knee replacement. Then shopping in Walmart. Tomorrow he has PT first thing in the morning.

Shelley
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,236 Member
    Options
    Monday morning workouts done. I did three Fiton workouts, a full body stretch, awesome arms and abs and cardio dance. Will do my KB later and recumbent bike. Trying to get in 5 days again with weekend off. My body likes the consecutive days off.

Be safe ladies, the respiratory issues, flu and Covid numbers are rising in Georgia. They are reporting that hospitals in Savannah are full.

My sister called me last night from emergency. Her grandson has the flu, strep and pneumonia. They treated him and gave prescriptions and sent him home with her to rest.

Take care ladies.

Kathy
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,686 Member
    Options
    Hugs to everyone fighting the bugs going around. Some scary diseases, but so much excellent medical knowledge to beat them nowadays.

I'm going to start tracking food again today. That's the newest resolution.

Paula
  • cpanus
    Options
    Shelley, we aren't watching Collin. Ronan was coming over to play w/Pat when they were feeling better. Ronan is back in school today. Pat picks him up this afternoon then they'll do homework then they'll play!
    Pat and I will test in the morning so I can let our housekeeper know if she's okay to come or not. Man! This sucks!
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Kathy I am sure your great nephew will be right as rain soon. Paula is right about the care we have here. You are doing great with your workouts. Move or lose it really is the truth.

Paula I really need to track. I am scared of the truth.

Chris I have my fingers crossed for your test. Get well.

My daughter Canada has influenza. She feels horrible. I did the dance workout with Kathy. We are working on the same challenges. I broke out my dance shoes. They let me slide on the carpet. Had us doing strange jumping jacks. Getting ready to order all new aquarium lights for the new tank. I hate deciding on something unseen.

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Options
    Thanks, Shelley...Still got it...had to cancel my housekeeper for a few days. I hope I'm negative tomorrow so I can go see my trainer... :'( btn her getting it then me...ugh!
    I did put my walking shoes on and walk around the block. I did okay. Maybe I'll go out after Pat gets home w/Ronan and go around the park. This stuff makes me want to DO NOTHING!!!!!
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Chris I felt the same way when I had it. Just let me curl up and get lost!

Rocky is able to drive again. So he can take the kids to the park. They will be so happy. Our weather is warm this week for January. I worked out to FitOn. Started with a simple, relaxing, stretch this morning. Then this evening did a strength workout. Turned out to be all abs. Some darn thing called a cannonball. Not fun. Finished with a dance workout. Lots of leg work. It was good actually. Going to a friends home for dinner tomorrow.

Shelley
  • kjs1228
    kjs1228 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    I’m tracking too ladies. It is helping.

Just made it to Belgium for work. On an 11 day trip…Belgium, tomorrow Berlin for 3 days and then Budapest. Really going to have to be on my a-game with food!

Hope everyone stays well!

Karen
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Tuesday I completed a total body workout and an arms workout on FitOn. Trying to stay consistent.

Safe trip Karen and enjoy.

Kathy
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,686 Member
    Options
    CHRIS,

It's not "doing nothing" when you're at war. Your body using all your energy to fight that bug. Sounds like you need a break. Hope you feel better soon.

I remember 24 hours of pain/exhaustion and thinking if someone offered, I'd say "shoot me" - and then realizing I couldn't even do that, cuz I was too weak to even speak.

hugs!
    Paula
  • cpanus
    Options
    Thanks my friends!! I am getting better.
    We had Collin this morning because SIL got it and Sara had to go back to work...sigh. Sara looked like she had a rough day when they came to p/u Ronan.
    I am just going to wait and see what tomorrow brings...I hope it's our housekeeper!! :D
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Karen, Berlin! That seems dangerous to me. You stay safe. I will be thinking of you.

Paula you are right. Fighting off an illness is work. And no shooting. It would seriously mess up your day.

Karen I will get in one of each of our challenges. So excited for you. You have put in slot of work.

Chris crossing my fingers for you. And hoping your housekeeper can come over.

Went to my friends house. Rocky helped her spouse sign up for VA disability. He can be so helpful. I don't think I have mentioned it much. Rocky is 70% disabled. Messed up his knee during exercises in the military. The meds he was put on caused his eyes to have cataracts. The list goes on. And I don't have any reason to be lazy.

Shell
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Wednesday completed a hip stretcher workout, a cardio dance and KB abs. I have a little knee pain so we will see what today brings. Weird i mostly feel it in the back of my knee.

Chris feel better soon. Plenty of rest.

Kathy
  • cpanus
    Options
    Getting better. This is Day 7...still positive, so no housekeeper for us today! Hoping to be negative by Monday so I can go see my trainer...all my muscle is gone... :'(
    We had the boys today. Collin this morning...he didn't want to nap, so we went for a short walk. It was pretty chilly out there, but he's a hot-body and loved it! Then Pat got Ronan from school.
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Kathy Wednesday's workouts were challenging. And I loved our stretch today. You might have strained a muscle behind your knee. Icing should help.

Chris I am sorry. At least you have the little ones. Let your home air out before your house cleaner comes. Didn't they say something about it lingering ?

I did a really good stretch this morning. And another core/strength one.

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Options
    Almost there...the positive line is very faint for both of us!!
    Collin Duty this morning. He is a blast! So funny...sneaky guy...so many giggles!
    Pat picks up Ronan in a bit, and they will play this afternoon because it's No Homework Friday!!
    Maybe I'll feel like walking this weekend...we'll just have to wait and see.
    Hope you all have a great Friday!
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Chris that is great news. How is the rest of the family?

I sure had homework tonight. We cleaned all the tanks. It was a productive 2.5 hours. They look great.

No workout tonight. But we did go enjoy the hot tub after dinner.

Shelley
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Completed Toned up Arms and Essential cooldown stretch on FitOn. Got in my 5 days. Saturday and Sunday will be rest days. This seems to work for me. Especially since mom has no appointments right now.

Chris glad you’re feeling better.

Shelley I think you got in a pretty good workout cleaning those tanks.

Great weekend ladies. I’m going to spend some time with my guy and watch football with him. 😉

Kathy

Kathy
  • cpanus
    Options
    Thanks, Kathy and Shelley. I still had a faint line this morning...ugh. The rest of the family is doing pretty good.
    No walking for me today. I made soup and read instead!! Maybe I'll walk tomorrow. It's supposed to be in the low 60's and light wind...maybe. Man! I gotta find that need/want to get out there again. I cannot sit on my behind much longer. This covid stuff sure knocks you for a loop. I'll work on it.
    Chris