Airport VIP Lounge Chat

Options

Replies

• macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,225 Member
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: There’s only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that’s your own self.—Aldous Huxley
    I AM: I never dull my shine for anyone.
    Action for Happiness: Take a small step towards an important goal.
    Happy National Peanut Butter Day!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.—Albert Schweizer
    Day 23 of 2024 miles in 2024 complete and I had 5.22 miles.
    Day 23 of 75 complete and beginning Day 24 with morning hydration drink before going to make my protein coffee and fill my 64 OZ bottle for the first time today.
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Sorry it's been awhile so i am enjoying catching up on here. I'm in Northwest NJ so we got pounded last week twice with snow. This week it's just been 10-29 degrees so nothing has melted. Today got up to 34 so we've had stuff melting but we also have rain.
    @kaliswalker -lol I'm not from Canada but those would be my jars too!
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain -aw good call to stay home from church. Our church is midway up a major road. The road isn't plowed well and the parking lot is even worse. If it's iffy, we stay home. And i am glad your office was closed. If it's a sheet of ice, there probably won't be a lot of customers. Lots of places around here are known for stating "opening at 11 due to ice"
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -how are the roads there? How much snow did you guys get last week?
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,499 Member
    Options
    toiipeqcq9wt.jpg

Happy mid week
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,124 Member
    edited January 25
    Options
    HI ALL!! Yesterday I had an infusion (Reclasp) last night my body wasn't happy, but today it's better.

@Tabatha_Cain, Ohhhh Tabatha if I tried that I'd have 1 or BOTH kitties at the door scratching away and MEOWING as if their little lives depended on it!! They love us. I wish you well!!
    @Bookienj, OH I am glad you were able to be home!! Tabatha also!! We've had snow on the ground for about a week, I AM THRILLED!! As you all know I ADORE THE STUFF (LOL good thing since I live within 5 miles of where I was born, and have except for a few shorts times!). TOnight in the news they said Portland (There's ONLY ONE Portland LOLOL THE ORINGINAL one (in the US) Maine,, the weather is now 10 degrees warmer on an average than it was in 1960. WE COULD OF TOLD them that! Tonight it's freezing rain. Weirdly quite a few are still out, I have no clue why!! I'd of and AM waiting until the late AM tomorrow before going out.
    @Kurtize, OH I HOPE YOU put that up on PS4L team in the chat!! If not, please do!! Others on PS4L we adopted the LION as our mascot! We are COURAGE AND STRONG along with being positively strong 4 life!
  • imustloseit1
    imustloseit1 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Another nice day here, it started to thaw so we worked on the clearing off the patio. It is so nice to be able to walk out the front door and not have to crawl over the snow bank. And now the UPS guy can get to the door.
    @tabatha_Cain the only time our cats get in on the bed is when I take a nap and let them up. We have always had the rule that pets don't belong in the bedroom, but I enjoy their company once in awhile. Kenny wants to cuddle up, and Shorey wants his place at the foot of the bed.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,095 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Thursday and I am hoping that it will be a good day. I did get a membership last night right before closing. So I am hoping that I will be able to get the last 6 memberships in the next couple of days. I am out of the office on Monday the 29th due to having the Bariatric Doctor appointment. It is our 2 month check in and readjusting things that have not worked and discussing adding exercise. I have already been exercising, but Joe is listening to the doctor and not exercising to make sure he got the food down. Since I have been exercising for years I could not not exercise. I have to have that or I get depressed.

@bookieNJ - So sorry you got a massive snow dump. We have people in our life group that are in the Buffalo area and they got 70 inches of snow. How much did you get? We started yesterday with the rain as well. It is melting a lot. Yeah we really thought we would just have a delayed start as well, but our boss messaged that we were closed for the day.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - We do have the kitties scratching at the door. We just have to ignore it and give extra cuddles during the day when we are home.
    @imustloseit1 - It is always good that the UPS man can get to the door. We just sleep so much better without the animals. Although once in a while I do love my cuddles from my cats.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Thursday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: Laughter is a bodily exercise, precious to health.—Aristotle
    I AM: I am ready for a new day.
    Action for Happiness: Decide to lift people up rather than put them down.
    Happy National opposites day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, it’s the size of the fight in the dog.—Mark Twain
    Day 24 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 6.00 miles yesterday.
    Day 24 of 75 Hard Complete and now beginning Day 25 with my morning hydration drink. 16OZ bottle of water, hydration stick and table salt.
  • Kurtize
    Options
    It is in the 50's, cloudy and some fog in morning and when evening comes about. Nothing new or exciting here. Hugs all.

Another good article from Inspire me today: written by Matt Borck who the lead singer & guitarist for the Langley, Canada band YUCA. Titled: Ready to Live? Give Love
    https://inspiremetoday.com/brilliance/ready-to-live-give-love/?om
  • imustloseit1
    imustloseit1 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Another good day here even if this as about the 3rd day of fog, cloudy, and absolutely no sun shine. I do miss that. Got a call this morning from son 2 asking how we were feeling and beings we are both okay, he said they were coming this weekend to install the new flooring. Him and his wife do it as a team job, and we just have to stay out off there way. That shouldn't be to hard, but I dearly love my DIL and will miss our talks as she will be doing all the cutting and son does all the laying. Just have to do the meals, and that shouldn't be to hard, except DIL doesn't eat pork, just can't stand it, She says it stinks,, so I always have chicken for her, maybe Meat Loaf, of Tator Tot casserole, those always goes over really well. Naybe ever Chili and Grilled cheese sandwichs. WE will have to see what I come up with. Have a great evening and that a little ME TIME. Linda
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain, WOOHOO Tabatha on the booking! YEAH!! You are doing so well!! With the cats, they'll adjust. LOL it's hard to get them into a different routine, but once they adjust they'll be fine.
    @Kurtize, In the 50s is just way to warm for me this time of year!! i do not mind fog though. Today we woke up with DIAMONDS ALL AROUND US!! Yup! Freezing rain last night, sun this AM GORGEOUS!
    @Imustloseit1, Hey, can we ALL come over for food? YUMMY!! How terrific it is you and your DIL are close!! That's the way it should be, but sadly it's not always. ENJOY the new floor!! That sounds very exciting!! Hopefully, at night you can all enjoy each other unless they're traveling back and forth or staying some place else.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Friday and I am looking forward to this weekend and being able to relax. Yesterday at work they started a call session tracker. So I have to log all the calls I make offering people memberships. I have to check off if I dialed a number, then another check if they answered, a check if I got a membership, a check if they said ok to an auto quote, and an explanation as to why they declined the auto quote. So that is going to take a lot of my day. I was only able to get about 34 calls in yesterday because it takes so long to fill out that piece of paper. Then at the end of the day I have to email it to my boss. I get both sides of it. It will protect me if I don't meet my goals, showing the effort I put into it, so I get it. Change is just upsetting for me. I will get used to it. I am sure.

@imustloseit1 - Those foods all sound amazing. I am partial to the chili. I love venison chili and I make it a decent amount. I think I made it in December last and I am thinking of making it again this month. Probably this weekend. That is awesome that you are getting new flooring. Even more awesome that your son and his wife are installers for it. Where are you putting the new flooring? I need my living room, porch, and kitchen redone. It is going to cost a lot. I am thinking of doing it myself.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - Yes I am sure they will be. Although the kitties are not liking the change process right now. We have one that will wait by our bedroom door so that as we open it she darts in and then hides under the bed so we cannot get her out. So we always have to slowly open the bedroom door and rush inside or rush out of the bedroom by squeezing our body between the door and the door frame to keep her out.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Friday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: In mediation, be like a cat purring. Follow your breath like ocean waves coming in and out.—Tai Sheridan
    I AM: I am grateful for patience.
    Action for Happiness: Choose one of your strengths and find a way to use it today.
    Happy International Customs Day!!!! Happy National Spouse Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.—John Wooden
    Day 25 of 75 Hard complete and beginning Day 26 with my hydration drink before going to make my protein coffee and filling my 64OZ Sport Shaker for the first time today.
    Day 25 of 2024 miles in 2024 complete and I had 6.47 miles yesterday.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain , My Mom always did our flooring. Maybe that was a thing back at that time? Maybe not, I am not sure. But, she did am AMAZING JOB!! She didn't make any errors that I saw and LOLOLOL I am such a BRAT I DID LOOK!! Not to fault her though, but because the woman was simply AMAZING!! ITs easy to see where I get my "I'll TRY THAT" attitude!! My Mom was this way, and of course I learned from her, and no doubt genetics play into that also. HAVE FUN with it!! Ask questions over and over from those who have done such. ITs from my Mom also I learned to stay UP with the trends I like and not to be pressured by those I DO NOT! ENJOY the weekend!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Saturday and Joe woke me up early. I am sure I will have to take a nap later. I can already feel it starting to creep in that I might need one soon since we have been up since 3 this morning. Yesterday at work went well. I made 38 calls and only 10 people answered. No one wanted a free associate membership though as they had no one in the household to give it to for free. So that makes it rough. I am trying though. I have 4 memberships right now and I am logging all my calls so they cannot say it is from lack of trying. It is just people are not answering their phones. So that makes it rough. Everyone sends me to voicemail. But atleast I have the log they gave me to use to show my effort.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - That is cool. I know my mom did a lot also, but she was raised with 4 brothers, so she just tagged along and learned stuff with them. If she did not know one of her brothers did and they would come over and help her. Well my uncles are a lot older now and not in the shape they used to be for helping. My husband is pretty good at some stuff. We are big on if we don't know we will watch a video on how to do it though. He fixed the bedroom door, and yesterday my husband fixed the vanity medicine cabinet in the bathroom. It looks better than it did before. He is so proud of himself, and I am too.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: Life is uncharted territory. It reveals its story one moment at a time.—Leo Buscaglia
    I AM: Note to self: I am going to make you so proud.
    Action for Happiness: Challenge your negative thoughts and look for the upside.
    Happy National Chocolate Cake Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Believe you can and you’re halfway there.—Theodore Roosevelt
    Day 26 of 2024 miles in 2024 complete and I had 6.02 miles yesterday.
    Day 26 of 75 Hard complete and beginning Day 27 with my hydration drink before going to make my protein coffee and filling my 64OZ sports shaker for the first time today.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,460 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon, everyone! It is a mostly cloudy day here today. My daughter says hello to all. She's working at her part time job today. Both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! I went for a short run earlier this morning and I really enjoyed it. I went for a walk after lunch and I feel great! I'll be doing some dancing later on. Have a great day, everyone! Take care and stay safe.
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Good afternoon, happy Saturday, wishing you a wonderful day and a great new weekly challenge.

today Inspiration:
    bi3t3skxg775.png
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    edited January 28
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain, I am sure thanks to SCAMMERS many no longer answer their phones. I know I DO NOT!! I did answer one today (WHY?? WHY!!???? LOL) it was a 207 (Maine is one area code one of the only 12 states that do in the US) and a Saturday. It wasnt a scam though I DID have fun. There's a man who had this number before 2012 and he STILL USES IT!! He's NOT A NICE PERSON!! He skips out on rents and bills. I've gotten calls from the Sheriff Department threatening me (LOL no matter how much I told them I AM NOT HIM OR HIS WIFE they thought I was lying for a little bit, until I told them to please put my number into the database, BINGO! It came up to ME!) so now I say and the person today I told them "if he's trying to rent a place from you DO NOT DO IT!" he thanked and thanked me! LOLOL hey the guy should use a different number. I did giggle. I'm not at all surpised many do not answer. I am glad you get to track the amount of calls you make etc. GREAT JOB Joe in fixing the door!! It's amazing the things we can do by watching and understanding a video!! I have fixed up furniture after it looks AMAZING! Oh and COOKING!! I hated to cook (I am not wild about it still, but I love the stuff I cook!) now when I eat out I am at times so disappointed because LOLOL Mine tastes better! Hope you enjoyed the day!
    @Cormierannie, Glad you got so much done!! NO DOUBT your team LOVES the exercise you do and the WOOHOO attitude you have!
    @Kurtize, Aww we also hope you had a most lovely day Joyce!! I love being at peace with myself (98% of the time) it just feels good Hope helps us to move forward! WOOHOO!!!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are doing well this morning. Today is Sunday and it is Church from home day. Next week we will be going up to church. We may actually go stay with Joe's parents. Not sure yet. Depends on if they are sick, or if I can get my son to come watch the dogs that weekend. Probably not, I may have to look at kenneling them. That might be something we should think about doing. It might actually be a good idea. Then I would be able to guarantee that the puppies get their medicine.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - That is true. Most calls now a days are scams. So most people don't answer their phone. Although you would think with the number tied to AAA that it would not come across as a scam. Now it makes me think my number at work may possibly come up as potential scam. When I get to work on Monday I am going to call myself and see how it comes up. That was awesome of you to tell that person to not rent an apartment to whoever has been using your phone number. I am sure that person really appreciated it. That landlord now gets to save himself a lot of hassle.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday.

Tabatha