Replies

• Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    9zd23sdk8x8o.jpeg
  • Mihani
    Mihani Posts: 3,897 Member
    Options
    Yeesh, gals! What a PITA. I got the dressers completely done and reorganized, but my closet is quite the disaster and I gave up and went to bed after making a decent sized dent. I have a lot more clothes that probably just need to go, but I was having decision fatigue so I will tackle it again today. There's a lot of "might wear someday" stuff that I haven't worn since the last purge maybe 5 years ago, so they need to go.

Just got laundry started and once the clothes are dry I'll head up to finish the closet before settling at my desk.

Plan for today...
    B - ezekiel toast with tahini, cantaloupe
    L - romaine topped with broccoli salad and chickpeas
    D - teriyaki jackfruit

• bisky
    bisky Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    Mihani - I understand decision fatigue. I want a break but need to get this done. Doing my closet took 3 days. I got rid of so much but now my closet is so organized it makes finding outfits to wear much easier.
    I started my craft room yesterday. I got a big chunk decluttered and organized.

Brooks surprised me by making a lentil dal with toasted almonds last night. It was good.
  • Mihani
    edited January 22
    Options
    Mornin' all. I had to leave the closet clean-out yesterday and get busy on work because my contractor who did all the work on the house a few years ago is available on Wednesday so I'm going to take that day to meet with him and clear up a few things around the house. Just a bunch of little things that never got finished after the big remodel.

Bisky, is the craft room the last one? Once my bedroom is done the only thing left will be the office, and that's a real mess that will likely get put off until spring. I remember when I did the major overhaul of every room quite a few years ago now. It took weeks a little most evenings and hours on the weekends. One room at a time.

Managed to hit the treadmill this morning. I've not kept up that habit and it's past time to get back at it.

Plan for today...
    B - smoothie
    L - romaine topped with broccoli salad and chickpeas
    D - roasted eggplant with rice
    S - apple or clementines if needed

• magic71755
    magic71755 Posts: 3,770 Member
    Options
    Up early...have a lot of TO DO things on my list...getting a jump on them. Want to get to the gym today...they just opened on the 17th...looking forward to using the dry sauna...it's a brand new gym, five minutes from home.

today
    coffee
    just egg with spinach and chao creamy shreds, tortilla, hatch green chili
    salad
    more salad
    not sure what for dessert...but something.

make your delicious, won't you! later, mates.
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    wqepur39zipn.jpg
  • magic71755
    edited January 23
    Options
    Got lots checked off to do list...but so many remained...but the returns all got sent out. Darn, I used to get my bras from Breezies on QVC...perfect fit, easy to put on...loved them. Of course they discontinued them...so in my quest to find new ones, I am have the worst luck. Two of my returns were bras. And for qvc, you have to pay shipping. Oh well.

today...
    coffee
    oatmeal, berries, soy milk
    I bought juices from SQUEEZED*...so I am going to try and use them as my snacks.
    Squeezed juice
    deconstructed spring rolls salad
    Squeezed juice
    Night time Squeezed juice

HOPE I can do it.

Have a delicious day everyone.

Oh, I made it to the gym...it's really nice. They have everything. Sauna, pool, hot tub. And tons of equipment. I just checked the place out. My gear is ready to go. Probably will only go on my days off. Lulu is alone way too much as it is.
    Later, mates. gqumn2grgenx.png

* https://www.squeezed.com/home
  • SparkSpringtime69
    SparkSpringtime69 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Marilyn, congrats on reaching your January goal!
    Mihani, I wish I had a place around me like your grab and go. I'm surrounded by fast food places and BBQ joints! Neither is really a temptation for me since they're so meatcentric, but it would be nice to have a place close by to grab something healthy when I don't feel like cooking. You're so right about counteracting the health food with junk food. For me it's bread and wine that keep me from dropping the last 20 lbs.
    Magic, I'm so glad to hear you're feeling better - that bug you had sure lasted a long time.
    Bisky, so true that younger people don't want that collectible stuff. I was talking to a guy in a shop that runs auctions down in FL and he said that even the china and silverware sets don't sell for much, if at all. Kids don't even want to inherit the family heirlooms like that anymore.
    We got back home from FL on Saturday, and boy does it feel good! I got back to the gym yesterday (yoga and tai chi), and will go again today for a weight training workout.
  • Carla_wfpb
    Carla_wfpb Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Welcome back home, Spring.

We were snowed in for a week, but were finally able to run errands yesterday. It is melting fast now so I'm hoping I can take the dogs into the field later today or if not, by tomorrow.

I'm still dealing with injuries, so I've been forced to limit my activities. I'm slowly ramping back up. Yesterday I did 22 minutes of VR to Metallica. Nothing like smashing out frustration to the music and working up a sweat. I was tempted to finish the entire workout, 2 more songs, but I don't want to make the same mistake of overdoing it and having to start over.

This is a work week for me, with lots of sitting at the PC and testing software, so I'm going to play Beat Saber songs here and there throughout the day.

Still rocking the oatmeal breakfasts for the most part and having our prepared Plantage meals for dinner. We made our garbanzo bean curry with tofu and whole wheat naan for our off day yesterday.
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    Doing better with the eating.
    I was at my TOPS meeting this morning (taking off pounds sensibly) and someone mentioned that chicken has gone up 51% = I smiled and said 'could be a sign that we need to go vegeterian/vegan' but most of them said they couldn't take not having meat.

I still have some animal portien but it has gotten to really a small amount so soon will be completely vegeterain - pretty much gave up eggs, and only have chicken a couple times a week - so am slowly working it out of my diet. The problem I have is I am not a lover of vegetables, never have been. So it makes it hard to find healthy food when 1/2 of what I am to eat is vegetables. But it is getting better and with some persistance I am starting to enjoy more of them. But can't eat any raw vegetables as it brings on an IBS attack and besides most raw vegetables (to me) just don't taste good. But as I said am trying different ones and how to cook them to make them taste good to me. And I know it is important to make the transition.

Got weighed this morning - gained 1.5 pounds but still down 1.5 for the month. As next Tuesday is the last weighin for the month I really need to be aware of what I am doing - as well as getting on the treadmill - as I want to have a record loss of 3 - 5 pounds = had made it last week but gain this week so need to get that back off and will be ok. Thing is to get it off and keep it off.

i4graor20xsp.jpg
  • Mihani
    Options
    Nanc, yay for getting things checked off the to-do list. Glad to hear you like your gym.

Spring, did your meal planning/prep work out during your trip? Good for you getting right back to the gym. So easy to fall out of good habits, and so easy to fall into the bad ones. Not quite fair is it? LOL

Carla, sorry to hear you are still recovering from injuries. Speaking of, how is Ruby doing? Maybe you could do physical therapy together!

Marilyn, congrats on your weight loss and your efforts to add more veggies.

Okay, I slept in a bit because I am not going to the office today. Contractor will arrive around 9 am so I will work for a little bit and once he gets here I'll finish the bedroom project while he works on things on the main floor. Getting a new TV mounted with a bracket and excited about that! Plus some little things like replacing a few outlets, installing curtain rods on a few windows, etc. I need to see if he can swing by with his small dumpster trailer at some point to haul away some things that are piled in the garage.

• SparkSpringtime69
    SparkSpringtime69 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Mihani, the meal prep worked out pretty good, but we ended up eating out more than I thought we would, and I don't tend to make the best decisions when eating out :# I had a few things still left the morning that we came back home, so I threw them in the freezer for the next trip down there. The trail mix came home on the plane with us.
    Overall it wasn't too bad - I didn't really lose any weight, but also didn't gain so I'm happy with that considering how much we ate out.
  • Carla_wfpb
    edited January 24
    Options
    I bet it will feel great to have those final details taken care of, Mihani.

Spring, it sounds like you did really well overall. If you can snap back into your good at-home habits, I'd consider it a huge success!

I seem to have gotten away with my abbreviated Supernatural workout, with no returning injuries, so I am going to go for it again today. (yay!!)

We took the dogs out for a loop around the field this morning. It was our first outing since the huge dump of snow we had and the field is mostly green and clear now. Temps are back in the 40s. Whew.

Work is going slowly this week with lots of interruptions, so I am running behind schedule. Nothing too crazy, so it will all get done.

Tonight is spaghetti & squash w/ not-meatballs & parm (good, but I think the one we make is equally good)

• Marilynsretired
    Options
    cupdeda4n94b.jpg
  • Mihani
    Options
    Hi all... I am tired and sore, but happy! The big walk-in closet is so clean and organized, and got rid of a ton of clothes that I haven't worn in years. Also went through and cleaned out the drawers in the dresser, vanity, armoire and nightstands. I filled up 4 BIG trash bags. Feels good to have that done. I'm sure I will be paying for that day off today.
  • magic71755
    edited January 25
    Options
    Fab job on the closet, Mihani.

Sorry, gang, I am so behiind. NOT just here, but everywhere. I did nothing for a month because I was so sick...and I am overwhelmed. Behind at work and here and at home.

One good thing came out of all this: I bought a humidifier, a cool one...not heated. Works so nicely...and since being sick, I have stopped all melatonin and herbal supplements to help me sleep. I do still have problems...but not as bad. Here is the link* to the humidifier I bought...use only distilled water and it makes cleaning so much easier...lot less gunk, practically none.

*https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013IJPTFK?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

The juicing is not helping me lose weight, it just makes snacking healthier and for sure, easier. I also, think it helps me sleep. I am getting nutrients I normally would not be getting.

today

coffee
    bean burrito
    juice
    air fried tofu
    juice
    big salad

lights out.
    make it deeeeeeeeeelicous gang. ntow3daudye7.png
  • Carla_wfpb
    Options
    I'm glad you're feeling better and sleeping better, Nanc.

Mihani, great job on your closet!

Yesterday I ended up skipping the SN workout to be on the safe side. I did a few beat saber sessions, but not for too long. Supernatural is slated for after work today.

Dinner tonight is Mongolian Soy Curls w/ sesame green beans and brown rice. I'm looking forward to trying it, it looks so good!
  • Mihani
    Options
    Oh, Carla! I just got some of the Butler soy curls from Amazon. Kind of ordered on a whim and now I have to do something with them. I had something made with soy curls and can't for the life of me remember where or what it was, but I remember it was good.

That's great you are sleeping better even without the supplements, Nanc. Hope you can start getting caught up a bit.

Spring, going on such a long visit, and eating out often, and coming home without having gained any weight? Definite win!

Need to chop up lettuce tonight for salads. The grab and go always has a few salads like potato or broccoli, and it's so easy to throw some of that on lettuce and add chickpeas. Makes lunches so easy because I don't even need to make dressing, plus tasty and filling.

• bisky
    bisky Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    Hi! This week zoomed by.

Mihani - good job on the closet. Doesn't it feel good? Another load to the thrift store today and a few things mailed out.

Spring - welcome home and yay to getting back to the gym.

Carla glad you could get out and also workout. I know those endorphins are high.

Magic - Inhope the humidifier is helping your cough.

I had a very weird reaction. I have always had problems with hypoglycemia. Had a healthy salad and shared a sumo orange with Brooks. Then a handful of jelly belly beans. 2 hours later I was sick, nauseous, diaphoretic, irritable and shaky…..Brooks checked my glucose and it was 53. I have been diagnosed with reactive hypoglycemia before but never got that low.

Card workshop this weekend. Doing a coffee & tea/Vantine card theme. u18x5mgwabbd.jpeg
    1a2acimt32rw.jpeg
    1oi40u28a50m.jpeg
    3pe6ucal35lp.jpeg