Jan 24 - Jan 30

Options
GaGasheesh
GaGasheesh Posts: 1,107 Member
edited January 25 in Social Groups
LW: 134.0
TW: 134.6

Ugh. I'm going in the wrong direction on the scale! I had 2 heavy weights workouts, so I'm hoping it's water in the muscle.

I'm having a really busy day because my Oregon daughter and one of her girls is flying in tonight for a visit until Monday. Mostly to see and hold the new baby, but also we plan to get some girls time together <3

My gosh Sarah, I hope you're okay after your Costco mishap! I hope you do go into the doctor if you have any uncertainty about any injury. Take it easy . . the treadmill will still be there.

I hope you're all doing fine, and are ready to share your 2024 health goals. I'll check back in when I have a minute.

Sorry to be so brief, but I'm thinking of you all often.

Replies

• Lastchancelj
    Lastchancelj Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    SW: 224.6

I am really struggling with that program I was on last year. The fake sugars just kill my stomach. So I've only been having 2 of the "fuelings" per day and doing fair at making other healthy choices. Not all of them, but a majority of them. And I'm heading back to Mickey Mouse land in 10 days and when I'm there, I'm going to eat what I want. Fortunately, my sister and I are not big meal eaters, so we will share many of the treats (except churros she said. She wants her own and maybe finish mine (this is when I miss hubby not going)). She won't even give me a bite she said... We'll be grazing through the park. I do plan on a breakfast sandwich in the morning and coffee so that the sugars don't kill me... And I'm finally getting excited about this trip. I'm starting the :pre packing this weekend as I have an extremely crazy work week next week. Wednesday and Thursday I'll be at the main office to begin training sessions with the sales team. Two long days and then Friday to catch up and finish all of my regular processing. Leaving home by 7am on Saturday morning - so no time to wrap up work on Saturday. I'll be at my daughters Sat night but leaving there by 10 for Disneyland from there. So again, no time for work processing until I return to her house Wednesday evening. Thursday travelling 2 hours south to visit aging Auntie and then Friday leave her house by 7 to get home early and rest over the weekend. So it's gonna be crazy busy for me...and I'll be doing the drives alone. I did buy my sister a refundable airline ticket so that if I'm really tired after Disney, I'll pick her up after visiting auntie and she can drive back with me Friday and fly home on Saturday. Hoping not to need her, but planning for that just in case. Six hours alone can be hard. So I'll have a lot of windshield time after the park time.

Sheesh - enjoy the family time. We're doing what we can to spend as much time with ours when we can.

Oh my goodness Sarah - I do hope you're ok. you seem to have my injury proneness following you. Thankfully it's not currently following my tail, but I do hate that you're having these experiences. Please check in so we know you're ok.

Kelly - Hope you had a great time at your cabin and ready to head for your tournaments. I think about you - actually all of you. I'M FREEZING here and it's been in the high 50's low 60's. But damp and raining. I don't think I could survive where you ladies are anymore.... I'm living in compression socks, sweat pants, long sleeve tshirts or sweatshirts. I had to go to the field yesterday. I had jeans, a blouse, a sweater top over the blouse AND a jacket as we toured 3 new homes. The heaters were on high, but I was still very chilled. Gosh we build some beautiful homes. It's only when I'm forced to meet in the field for meetings that I actually tour them.

I will read your updates as I am able. Probably won't post until I return from California again. OK back to work for me.
  • SarahMaxx
    SarahMaxx Posts: 1,939 Member
    Options
    LW: 128.0
    TW: 128.8

Sorry to be late to the party, ladies. Yesterday, I had just typed in my weight and had written maybe two sentences when the doorbell rang and it was the plumbing company back to make videos.

Regarding the plumbing crisis, we still do not know the cost or anything about timing. What we do know is that there's a chance they may not have to dig that 3 foot wide/8 foot deep trench through 2/3's of our kitchen. They may be able to dig some smaller holes and do something called pipe bursting where a heavy, rocket-shaped device is sent through the existing cast iron pipes causing them to crack and break up, and then they push the debris through with a new pipe. We are still waiting for them to examine all the film from cameras put through the pipes and videos of the house and outside areas and come up with the plan and costs. It still sounds extensive and costly, but not as bad as the first, young plumber led us to believe. Hubby thinks he gave us worst case scenario.

And regarding my back, I went to class on Tuesday because we have to have at least two certified trainers in the room in order for the class to be held, and it's sometimes hard to find a sub. The other trainer lead the routines and I did what I could using no weights and sometimes I just stepped away and observed. When I got home, I decided to go ahead and call my doc to get an appointment on the books in case I needed it. I was very surprised when they asked if I could get there at 1:45. My doc examined me and found some point tenderness in my lower back, so she sent me for an x-ray of the lumbar spine. I learned yesterday that there are no new fractures, which is good, Of course they saw the old fractures of L1 from skating and biking accidents. My PCP said that if my back is still hurting next week, she'll refer me to the orthopedic doc. Oddly, it's more my upper back now, where I didn't have point tenderness. :#

I did have a mammogram yesterday, but get this--it was not the diagnostic one. When I got there, the technician came and talked to me and said that given the scenario and the fact that insurance will pay for a regular screening but often will not pay for parts of a diagnostic one, she thought it was better to start with a regular and get me back for anything else needed. Really? I wanted to ask why they didn't come to that conclusion back in early December, but I decided to just go with it. It was the same tech who told the nurse that they absolutely could not do the regular with the "ultasound if needed" on the original screening order. Arghhh. I think something was going on the day of my first appointment that had nothing to do with me. So it will be 2-7 days until we hear results from the screening done yesterday, and thus, I'm still waiting!

I am not surprised that my weight edged up a bit. As you'll see, my 7-day average for steps is lower because there were two days that I just could not get 10K. And I was also burning fewer calories even with the walking that I got in because I had to crank the speed down quite a bit. Actually, slow walking seemed to reduce the pain for a while, but it certainly didn't burn many calories. And I also think I did some "comforting myself" eating. Seven-days averages were: Steps = 9,642; Stairs = 13 floors; Kcals burned = 1,606.

You three are very lucky to have your families. Hubby's only brother was gay and never married and my adopted brother has the mind of about a 12 year old due to the circumstances of his birth, so he is not married. And as you know, my sister is an invalid. So there's reallly no family for us do things with. We are blessed, however, with a large circle of friends and I don't know what we'd do without them. On Saturday, we went to a birthday party for one of our friends and enjoyed a nice afternoon by their fire eating homemade soups and stews. Then on Sunday, we sat Shiva for another friend who lost her Dad last week. And after Shiva, we visited our neighbor who is having memory and health issues. That was a bit depressing because after she was released from the hospital for the second time, the only room available at the skilled nursing center was on a hall with people who have serious dementia and other problems. But fortunately, her family was able to get her moved today into a one bedroom apartment at the assisted living part of this facility. Although her brothers live in Northern Virginia, they felt it better for her to be up here so friends and neighbors could more easily visit. Our little group of "pool rats" (of which she was one) are making sure that she gets lots of visitors. Hopefully, we'll be able to go get her and take her to the pool some during the summer.

And Sheesh, I ran into similar issues related to veins. I meant to tell you that, and kept forgetting. I had one spider vein right at my ankle fixed many years ago with sclerotherapy (I think it was a salt solution in those days) and it did great. I attempted to have a few more removed a couple of years ago, and that did not work well at all. They just did not go away and doing it over carried too many risks. Another thing I guess we have in common! Enjoy your time with your girls and post when you can.

Lois, I hope you have a super time with your sister. Don't over-do though and hurt that leg again. I have thought about you a lot as I've dealt with my back this past week. I know you understand what it's like to deal with the pain and frustration of an injury. And you've made it through, so that encourages me.

Finally, before I move on, I wanted to say "happy 5th anniversary" to Kelly and Shawn. <3:) Time flies! Have a wonderful time celebrating this milestone.

• wiredkell
    wiredkell Posts: 676 Member
    edited January 31
    Options
    Well we made it to and from Wisconsin.. all in one piece and Ella came home with a gold medal. The girls played great! It was a super fun trip, but definitely not the healthiest after sitting on a bus both ways and eating at restaurants all weekend.
    I just wanted to quickly post to say I'm alive. We leave for Mexico on Sunday morning for my brother's wedding. When I get back, I'll post more.
    Thanks for the anniversary wishes Sarah <3