Options
    Daily Cheers to a BETTER ME!
    🟥🟧🟨🟩🟦🟪🟫 (Sun-Sat)
    🥴🥴🥴🥴⚪⚪⚪ Core/Flex/Bal
    🥴🧡💛💚⚪⚪⚪ 6,000+ Steps
    🩷🧡💛💚⚪⚪⚪ 1.5+ ltr water
    🩷🧡💛💚⚪⚪⚪ Meditate
    🥴🧡💛💚⚪⚪⚪ 6+ hrs Sleep

I keep thinking I'll do some exercises in the morning, I don't, but tell myself I'll do it in the evening, I don't! 🙄

@BodyTalking -

What do you think would motivate you to do the exercises?

Morning - I remember, when I was trying to get into the routine of waking up early and going to the gym, I'd sleep in my workout clothes, so all I needed to do when I got up was brush my teeth, throw on shoes, and get moving.

Evening - When I did a schedule switcheroo, I told myself I'd go to the gym after work. Never started actually doing it until I packed a gym bag and left it in my car all day, so that I could go straight to the gym after working.

Upon reading all of that, I'm realizing that all of my workout woes are connected to my clothes. Huh. Guess you learn something new every day.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,247 Member
    Options
    @minstrelofsarcasm All the days, especially the ones where people can't follow basic directions.

Also, this is last call for last week's steps post.

@melaniedscott - Oh dear. Can you even remember the last time you had a day where everyone could follow basic directions?
  • majork29
    majork29 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Good day, I'm back from vacation, got in early Monday morning and have been working my butt off getting things done ever since. I have 1 more long day of work then I will have a bit of time to get unpacked nad ready for my new position. I came home to a promotion.

I missed a weigh in while away. Which may have been a good thing LOL I loved the food and drinks.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Options
    majork29 wrote: »
    Good day, I'm back from vacation, got in early Monday morning and have been working my butt off getting things done ever since. I have 1 more long day of work then I will have a bit of time to get unpacked nad ready for my new position. I came home to a promotion.

I missed a weigh in while away. Which may have been a good thing LOL I loved the food and drinks.

Congrats on the promotion! That's so exciting, were you expecting it?

I've excused you for last week's weigh-in, so it now looks like you simply maintained last week.
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 1,928 Member
    Options
    @majork29 congratulations on your promotion!
  • BodyTalking
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas and prompt to make me think about it @minstrelofsarcasm

I'm not a member of a gym (a bit expensive and I'm too embarrassed) and I don't drive, so carrying extra things is something I avoid these days (except for shopping on the way home).

I guess it's just a general lack of oomf: tiredness, laziness, eagerness. Because I don't sleep well, I take all the extra minutes I can in the morning.

After my hols, I thought it would be easy to keep up the momentum of waking but then my cough threw a spanner in the works.

I simply have no good excuses and no reason not to be motivated...but, I have just got home from work and don't have my usual online lesson now...so I'll come back and let you know if I got off my butt because you've taken the time to ask me to think about it 🤗
  • BodyTalking
    Options
    Right, I've made a gentle start 😊
    qn4ui8j43dzi.jpg
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Options
    @BodyTalking - A gentle start is still better than no start at all! Way to go! How do you feel?
  • BodyTalking
    edited January 26
    Options
    Thanks @minstrelofsarcasm I feel good! I pulled a muscle right at the start, but sat down and eased it out and was fine afterwards. I'm grateful for that nudge 😘
    All blue 💙 today!

Daily Cheers to a BETTER ME!
    🟥🟧🟨🟩🟦🟪🟫 (Sun-Sat)
    🥴🥴🥴🥴💙⚪⚪ Core/Flex/Bal
    🥴🧡💛💚💙⚪⚪ 6,000+ Steps
    🩷🧡💛💚💙⚪⚪ 1.5+ ltr water
    🩷🧡💛💚💙⚪⚪ Meditate
    🥴🧡💛💚💙⚪⚪ 6+ hrs Sleep
  • sydditt
    sydditt Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    @majork29 Congratulations on the promotion! Nicely done! You must have scare them with your holiday and got them thinking that they really can’t do without you! 😂

@BodyTalking Nice workout! I still need to go downstairs and do mine. Never feel embarrassed by the people at the gym. They were all beginners once too, You may be the new person that day, but someone else will be new next week.

Personally, I like doing group classes at the gym, I find them motivating, you get to meet people, and you start looking forward to going.

Sorry, I’ve been absent. I downloaded the Trello app, and suddenly I’m constantly reminded of all the things I need to be doing. I’m being terribly productive, but I’m also slightly stressed out by all the things on my to do lists, and I haven’t been able to get on and post as much!

Ok - got to clean up dinner, take my vitamins, water plants, fold laundry, lift weights and finish my budget. (All on my “to
    do” list in Trello.) 😅
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    @minstrelofsarcasm All the days, especially the ones where people can't follow basic directions.

Also, this is last call for last week's steps post.

@melaniedscott - Oh dear. Can you even remember the last time you had a day where everyone could follow basic directions?

I can't remember a day anyone could follow directions in years
  • melaniedscott
    Options
    ~ STEPS CHALLENGE RESULTS ~
    January Week

Team Statistics
    Total Steps: 288,853
    Participants: 8*
    Average Steps per Person: 36,106 (2.64% lower than last week's )

The Leaderboard

@andja87 - 87,289 total | 12,468 average Most Steps in One Day
    @daria0919 - 54,909 total | 7,844 average
    @ljdanny - 49,777 total | 7,111 average
    @sydditt - 45,731 total | 6,543 average Most Consistent between Weeks
    @Losingweekly - 23,491 total | 3,356 average
    @melaniedscott - 13,372 total | 1,917 average Most Consistent
    @BodyTalking - 11,514 total | 1,645 average
    @9Harvey (one day only) - 2780 total | 397* average

Last week's post was not entirely coherent... sorry about that.

A lot of us did more walking this last week! It might be slightly lower but we were short six days...@9Harvey, if you post late, I'll add them for the month.

Bolded walkers met their goal! We talked abouta 1.1 million step goal. We are ~80k from our goal. How much do we think we can exceed that goal by?

To those who are not currently part of the step team, it's super easy to join and a great way to be more involved with the group if you're looking for something else to hold you accountable. Joining merely involves posting your weekly steps (Sunday - Saturday) either day-by-day or a weekly total. Those posting the weekly totals are not eligible for the Most Steps or Most Consistent awards, but will still be included on the leaderboard.

Let's keep it up!
  • Stimpy56
    Stimpy56 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    PW: 261.0
    CW: 261.0

• ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Ljdanny
    Thurs
    Cw 189
  • sydditt
    sydditt Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    PW 182.8
    Jan 5: 184.5
    Jan 12: 181.5
    Jan 19: 181.3
    Jan 26: 178.8

GW (Jan): 178
    Plan: Strength training, daily walk, Protein 100g+, Fiber 25g+
  • andja87
    andja87 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW (Previous Weight): 220.2
    CW (Current Weight): 219
  • 9Harvey
    9Harvey Posts: 105 Member
    edited January 26
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Sunday - Jan 21
    Previous - 216.6
    Current - 217.0

Steps
    M - 5118
    T - 4813
    W - 5838
    T - 5780
    F - 3131
    S - 2518
    S - 3165

Total - 30363 steps
  • gillwellow
    gillwellow Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

CW: 80.1kgs

Seem to be stuck around this weight but am determined to keep going.

Cheers
  • melaniedscott
    Options
    In other news about me...I got hearing aids last week. Four years ish ago, I had lost about 80% of my hearing in one ear and had some minor high decibel loss in the other. This past fall the doctor decided it wasn't coming back and referred me to the hearing center.

The interesting thing is that now, once I put them in, my phone/aid pairing app includes a step counter, so as long as I wear them, my count will be more accurate than my phone counter.
  • BodyTalking
    Options
    Thanks @sydditt 🙏 I know I shouldn't be embarrassed and I can tell myself all of these things but it still doesn't give me the courage to do it 😌 I also don't believe I'd stick at it and get my money's worth. I need to get back to the decent level I was at on my own (I'm basically starting from scratch again) and then I won't even need to think about going to a gym.

@melaniedscott I'm sorry your hearing now means you use hearing-aids but I'm sure it must be a relief in many ways. The devices nowadays are great, and to have a step counter too, that's fantastic 🤗
This discussion has been closed.