Jumpstart January Challenge 2024

Options
124»

Replies

• taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    1/22-1/28
    My saboteur struck this week after giving up bread for the month. A big deal for him. A sweets craving hit on Thursday and like a moron, I joined him even though I had zero cravings. So for 3 days this week I ate a meal off plan and had some alcohol a couple of days, which has my weight all over the place. I know better and do it anyway, then pay the price. Sugar makes my heart pound these days and that and alcohol and any high carb crap throws off my sleep. So I’m dealing with it best I can. I sure won’t drop the lbs I wanted this month so on to February!
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    My weight was up yesterday as well, attended a soup tasting event Saturday. Got very little water in over the weekend as well. Activity was good Thur, Sat, Sun, Mon.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,116 Member
    Options
    I understand the struggle. I have been resisting the temptation of one of my favorite ice creams that my wife got a couple of weeks back. It is right in the freezer where I get my ice cubes from when I have my water. Then my son's girlfriend brought a container of those peanut butter and marshmallow squares over which have been sitting on the counter right in my way. I resisted as long as I could, then I mentioned that even though I didn't have cravings for carbs, these were still a big temptation. The squares disappeared, and the ice cream is being eaten by other family members. If they had not helped, I am pretty sure I would have polished off at least one of them, if not both. It looks

The positive @taylok23 is your sweet cravings were not the cause. You can do this.
    @tishsmith101 soup tastings would be a challenge to me as well.
  • rileysowner
    Options
    My week was okay. I need to get my diligent with logging though. I am staying in Ketosis according to my breath meter, but my weight is sort of bouncing between 177 and 181. Likely, I will be down for the month, but not as much as I would have liked. With a normal BMI so close (175), I am looking forward to that mini goal. In spite of my one knee being achy, I have stuck to my exercise plan both this past week, and this month except when I was sick as the start of the month. I ate keto all month with no breaks, so that is a win. I will see where my weight is tomorrow for my end of month weight. As it is, my weight this morning was 179.9 so I am down 3 pounds for the month. Overall, it was a good start to the year.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    edited January 31
    Options
    Re-posting next month's challenge just in case it isn't seen since we have a new page now: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10908541/love-your-health-february-2024-challenge#latest
  • baconslave
    Options
    taylok23 wrote: »
    1/22-1/28
    My saboteur struck this week after giving up bread for the month. A big deal for him. A sweets craving hit on Thursday and like a moron, I joined him even though I had zero cravings. So for 3 days this week I ate a meal off plan and had some alcohol a couple of days, which has my weight all over the place. I know better and do it anyway, then pay the price. Sugar makes my heart pound these days and that and alcohol and any high carb crap throws off my sleep. So I’m dealing with it best I can. I sure won’t drop the lbs I wanted this month so on to February!

Same. I don't know what is wrong with me, but it's like a temporary insanity hits me. I know I don't need it, but then I get into my head that I should get into the christmas candy and chips. I think for me it's perimenopause. A sudden, out-sized revival of appetite and cravings (mostly of the mental variety.) And later I am like, Gurl, what is wrong with you, ya know better. :sweat:

I tell myself I know what to do, and I do it, until something comes over me and I don't. :rage:

So this month I'll be focusing on catching and reminding my mental brat to hush and behave!
  • rileysowner
    Options
    So the final tally for January:

Weight down from 190 to 179.2. I didn't realize that was my starting weight for the month, but according to the weight logs on MFP that is what I weighed January 2nd.

Did my workouts according to plan except for the first week and a half of the month when I was ill.

Ate keto all month.

So I basically met my goals. It took longer than I expected to get back into good strong Ketosis, but even when my ketone numbers from my breath tester were lower, I was in Ketosis the whole month. Now to figure out my goals for February.
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Awesome job @rileysowner ! I am down 2 pounds for the month but because I bounce all over, I don’t know how accurate that is. I’ll take measurements in a week or so to see if there has been any change. I’m not feeling it in clothes so for now I stay the course. I did well with consistent fasting and do find I don’t get hungry early in the day. But I seem to have a mental block of needing to make up for it at night and end up eating too much. Maybe a focus for February.
  • baconslave
    Options
    well basically it looks like that even though I was down to 205 at one point, I bounced back up cutting my loss from 3.4 lb to 1.4. Nice...thanks, scale.

However, I kept away from the booze and got my exercise routine back to where it belongs. So there's that. Focusing on prelogging the night before and sticking with logging even though the inner brat is throwing a fit. And also to try to fend off the saboteur a little better.