Replies

• BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 1,928 Member
    Options
    yru2jigxddap.jpg
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,509 Member
    Options
    Hi WNM... Another new member is joining your wonderful team ..Please welcome @Emilienewme :)
  • Emilienewme
    Emilienewme Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hi all I am new 😊 I am 40 and live in the UK, I have a very busy life working and taking the kids to all sort of after school activities and the past few years making time for myself has not happened that much. I am really looking forward to being part of this team and get motivated and a bit more accountable on this journey
  • sydditt
    sydditt Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Welcome to our new members! 👋

How’s everyone’s week going!? So far so good here. We picked up fast food last that was super yummy (we were just coming out of the gym so we were Hungry!), but I spent a bit more of my weekly calorie allowance than I would have liked on a Monday. It’s a beautiful day here in Colorado so I’ll hopefully be able to leave my desk and get out for a walk!
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Steps

Sun 3,180
    Mon 10,484
    Tues 7,682
    Wed 9,030
    Thurs 11,359
    Fri 13,692
    Sat 2,953
  • ljdanny
    Options
    I had a very busy week last week at work, this week will be the same. I work in childcare and have multiple teachers out a day. We are all getting burnt out because it's the same people over and over again. I just booked at trip to Jamaica for a few days in April and it just so happens to fall on my birthday, im very excited. I hate spending all that money but I need the break. Hoping I can lose a few pounds by then.
  • BodyTalking
    Options
    8idgopfvqdqq.jpg
  • Laurabb99
    Laurabb99 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Laurabb99
    Monday's weigh
    Pw 212.6
    Cw 212.2

I think that I would like to change my weigh in day to Wednesday. I've added walking back to routine. I walked Sun-Thurs last week (I think). Two of the walks included pushing the double stroller. I was so terribly sore. I can't remember when I stopped walking last year. Maybe the weight gain last week is due to activity that I'm adding back.
    Yes! To everyone following basic directions. Mainly my children that I'm referring to effects me everyday.

I'm researching home gym equipment. I want a wight bench that I use a Roman chair exercises on. My husband wants to use as a bench press. He's almost 6 foot. So, does anyone have recommendations?
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,311 Member
    edited January 31
    Options
    Okay, step challengers, it's Wednesday!

I'm out in the hinterlands today for 'in-service' where people will talk about interesting stuff that I either can't or won't find a use for but I have been assigned to the group so I go. It's cool, they're really nice. I got up and walked 30 minutes on the treadmill in the hotel fitness center. Yay! Mostly because I drove 3+ hours yesterday and will drive another 3+ this evening to get home. Have to make up for that. Of course, most days I sit at a desk for 8 hours and I don't make up for that...but I made the effort. This is the first real fitness attempt since I was sick. Cough continues, but it has evolved. I've modified my asthma meds and maybe, maybe that will make an impact.

I will be posting steps for last week tomorrow, so make sure your steps are up if you want to be counted in the challenger board.

@Laurabb99 if you're walking a bunch, you could join our challenge! We'd love to have you!

• ksludwig
    ksludwig Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Wednesday
    PW (Previous Weight): 191.4lbs
    CW (Current Weight): 192.2 lbs

My husband is a Raven's fan, so we had lots of yummy football snacks and drinks during the game on Sunday. Glad it was less than a pound gain. We are going away to celebrate my birthday this weekend, so I am hoping to maintain. I am going to enjoy myself. Hopefully within reason.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,509 Member
    Options
    Hi WNM...You have another new member joining your awesome team ..Please welcome @MamaHealthy08 :)
  • MamaHealthy08
    MamaHealthy08 Posts: 1 Member
    edited February 1
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

Thanks for the add. New to the challenge, Mama of many and in my 40s. A few years ago I was pretty consistent and made good progress on MFP. Rejoined this time, hoping to find a similar momentum. We had our last baby 2 yrs ago, and wow losing weight in my 40s has been somewhat of a challenge. Hoping to use this opportunity as one of the tools to finding my consistency again!
  • Emilienewme
    Emilienewme Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the team @MamaHealthy08

@melaniedscott not sure what your step challenge is but could I join please? Is there a minimum to do everyday?

Here are my steps
    Wednesday 31st 10037 steps
    Tuesday 30th 13454 steps
    Monday 29th 8450 steps
    Sunday 28th 14911 steps
    Saturday 27th 8082 steps
    Friday 26th 8766 steps
    Thursday 25th 8391 steps

Have a nice day everyone
  • BodyTalking
    Options
    90x4r3els4yh.jpg
  • Stimpy56
    Stimpy56 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    PW: 261.0
    CW: 261.0

I will take a break even today as Louisiana is in full swing for Mardi Gras. Everyone is bringing King Cakes to work and of course they are all different kinds, flavors and fillings. LOL
  • ljdanny
    Options
    Ljdanny
    Thurs
    Cw 189.2
  • BodyTalking
    Options
    Enjoy Mardi Gras @Stimpy56
  • BodyTalking
    Options
    Daily Cheers to a BETTER ME!
    🟥🟧🟨🟩🟦🟪🟫 (Sun-Sat)
    ⚪🧡⚪💚💙⚪⚪ 6,000+ Steps
    🩷🧡💛💚💙⚪⚪ 1.5+ ltr water
    🩷🧡⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪ 6+ hrs Sleep
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,311 Member
    edited February 2
    Options
    Welcome to the team @MamaHealthy08

@melaniedscott not sure what your step challenge is but could I join please? Is there a minimum to do everyday?

Here are my steps
    Wednesday 31st 10037 steps
    Tuesday 30th 13454 steps
    Monday 29th 8450 steps
    Sunday 28th 14911 steps
    Saturday 27th 8082 steps
    Friday 26th 8766 steps
    Thursday 25th 8391 steps

Have a nice day everyone

Yay!
    Step challenge runs Sun-Sat and I post results on Wednesday (or whenever I get to it ...which will be today). Spent all day Wednesday in an in-service and driving 200 miles...then dragging my very tired hind end around yesterday was more energy than I had...so. When I post the leaderboard, I include more info...and you'll be on it!
  • gillwellow
    gillwellow Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day: Friday

Current weight: 79.8kg

Bit of a stressful fortnight and made some not so good decisions with meals and choosing not to exercise as much this week. Time to refocus!! At least have kept logging my food intake honestly.

Measured my waist again today and although weight loss hasn’t really changed much- I have lost over 5cm from my waist in the last month.
This discussion has been closed.