ROll call ~ Sat. Feb. 17, 2024

Options
mikehikemike
mikehikemike Posts: 3,446 Member
Good morning, gents. Yikes, February is flying by…

Replies

• mikehikemike
    mikehikemike Posts: 3,446 Member
    Options
    Lightly snowing here; 20º.

Made it out for a nice 1 hr. hike through the old prison camp ruins yesterday in the cold sunshine. Now a wilderness, preserved for watershed protection, it was a prison and TB hospital back in the early 1900’s. Many foundations remain, and two buildings still stand: the vegetable cellar in a hillside and a solitary confinement block. Forests and fields make a great whitetail and pheasant area, I hear.

Was up late again last night, fooling around again on the piano. Woke a bit tired today.

Sam, hope that knee gets some attention quick from the docs.

Bob, hope your eyes stay healthy now.
  • shenry111
    shenry111 Posts: 4,116 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Frankie woke me at 4:20. I took her outside. It was 10 degrees. THEN, because I'm not working today, I went back to bed and slept until almost 8:00 when she woke me again. I'm sure that after I have some coffee, that is going to help.

I'm down 4.9 pounds in February. I'm really starting to feel a difference with Betr. I may not be sleeping long enough (thank you Frankie) but I am sleeping more soundly. My Garmin used to show very little to no deep sleep. Now I'm getting at least an hour of deep sleep.

Bill, that was a wonderful report you gave yesterday! Prayers continue for improvement.

Rest with some chores today. Meal planning for next week.

Have a great day!
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,916 Member
    Options
    Good morning gentlemen.

It is warming very slowly, here in Tumwater. There is still a lot of snow on the ground, but it's raining, so that should melt by the end of the day.

I took a walk without Sassy, yesterday. I did 5.2 miles. That is the longest walk I have had since last April, when the hip/leg pain got so bad I had to stop hiking. My left hip hurt some, but the right side was fine. I'll take that as a positive.

Rita was suffering from a migraine yesterday, and craving pizza, so I picked one up and had three slices for supper. They were small slices, and I had a lot of points left over, so I am still OP for the week. My weight has plateaued for the last week or so, but experience has shown that that will change, if I stay the course. Even so, my 18 lb. loss since December is great.

Heading out to the shop this morning, then out for another long walk after the rain lets up.
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,095 Member
    edited February 17
    Options
    Bill: Florence is a great place indeed. Nearby spots with some of the most scenic coastline features anywhere on the planet!! Well maybe a bit further south between Gold Beach and Brookings. Nice sand dunes near Florence

Mike I have been to a couple of the old TB hospitals myself. Interesting hike to the old prison camp ruins. My eye continues to be quite good indeed.
    I am finally doing real tracking again and guess what my weight is dropping. Go figure.
    Steve: so your furry friend woke ya up early again. 10 degrees is cold indeed. Being down 4.9 lb in Feb sounds good.

We are at 40 degrees but have had continuous winds in the 15 to 25 or 30 mph range since yesterday morning. Just one sprinkle since midnight.

• myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,568 Member
    Options
    Good Morning

Bob, you are right about that area on the South Coast. We explored and rejected due to limited housing options and poor access to good Medical Care for our issues. Florence has a town, a strong community life, and the dunes, the coast, Heceta Head Lighthouse, etc and it all worked for us.

Had a rough meeting with my now ex-Urologist. He insisted he told us about the year of additional hormone therapy at the start. I explained the why I was reluctant. His main reason was I was high risk and that is standard treatment. When I said I needed to focus on my back surgery now, he mentioned how I had missed my December injection. I reminded him I had never missed an appointment I was scheduled for. He shifted to “You want the shot yes or no”. I said no and he handed me a slip to come back in 6 mos. No real discussion and no bladder talk. I wasn’t a fan anyway. I will have my doc run my PSA in 3 mos and start looking for Docs up in Oregon to see as soon as we are up there. They are apparantly quietly painting the siding and trim of the complex. We are up next so today I will finish prepping or peeling metal front door with some additional sanding and priming. They will just paint over blisters and peels on the door.