Leslie Sansone February 2024 Walk and Workout Challenge

Options

Replies

• Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    So they were right, I woke up to about 3 inches of fresh heavy wet snow. I waited until it stopped falling before I ventured out today. 😊

Late this afternoon, I did 2 Miracle Miles with Leslie. I have an arm workout left to do this week and that will be it for the week.
  • Deeder522
    Options
    My wrist has bothered me yesterday and today. So I'm hoping that tomorrow it will feel good enough for a short 12-minute arm routine.

We stayed below 30 degrees and tomorrow we are supposed to be in the low 30s. Cold snap before a short warm and then another cold snap. 😕 At list point I miss a good classic winter and not the roller coaster of temps we get now.
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    Feb Challenge: Log every day: 2 mile walk MWF: Challenge walk Sat or Sun: 3 (Garmin logged) miles/day
    Feb 1-Log 3: Walk-Rest: Miles 2.0
    Feb 2-Log 3: WAH: Walk Away Your Hips & Thighs-2 miles: Miles 3.3
    Feb 3-Log 3: Rest: Miles 3.2
    Feb 4-Log 3: WAH: 2 Miracle Miles: Miles: 3.2
    Feb 5-Log 3: Just Walk:30 Minute Big Burn: Miles 4.4
    Feb 6-Log 3: Rest Day: Miles 3.9
    Feb 7-Log 3: WAP 2 Brisk Miles: Miles 3.8
    Feb 8-Log 2: Rest: Miles 2.1
    Feb 9-Log 1: Away : Miles 1.0
    Feb 10-Log 1: Away: Miles 1.2
    Feb 11-Log 2: Away: Miles 1.5
    Feb 12-Log 3: Away: Miles 1.8
    Feb 13-Log 3: Rest? : Miles 1.0
    Feb 14-Log 0: Walk-0: Miles 1.6
    Feb 15-Log 0: Walk-0: Miles 1.3d
    Feb 16-Log 0: Walk-0: Miles 1.6
    Feb 17-Log 3: Just Walk:30 Minute Big Burn: Miles
    Finally, I am back on task! I am so bad at getting back on tasks when my habits and routines are thrown off. It may be why vacations are not my favorite thing. :laugh:
    @mypinkbikini It is hard to get 6000 steps everyday unless you have a very physical job that requires a lot of walking. On a very active day for me I run around 3500 steps and without a Leslie Walk or having some real intense walking activity (like shopping at Lowes! That place is HUGE), it is hard for me to get to 6000 steps. You did great!!!!! :+1:
    @Deeder522 UGH!!! Do not tell me that!!!!! I use my DVD player for all my Leslie walks because she has put almost everything behind a pay wall. Leave it to Mac to make my DVD player obsolete!!! :sad: I am going to check out Anker! On a side note, that 3 Mile Heart Healthy walk that we all like cannot be put behind her pay wall because it was commissioned by the AHA. She does not solely own the rights to it, so that one will always be available unless she takes down her whole site. :smile: I am going to try it tomorrow. :wink:
    We got about 5 inches of snow yesterday and today, which was about the predicted amount (4-6) and our high today was 19F. Tomorrow we are suppose to get 1-3 more inches and get down to 6F, so winter has returned to the Adirondacks ... finally!!!!! :drinker:
    Until tomorrow- :bigsmile:
  • zichab
    Options
    Feb Challenge: Log every day: 2 mile walk MWF: Challenge walk Sat or Sun: 3 (Garmin logged) miles/day
    Feb 15-Log 0: Walk-0: Miles 1.3
    Feb 17-Log 3: Just Walk:30 Minute Big Burn: Miles 3.3
    Feb 18-Log 3: WAH: 5K With a Twist: Miles
    I am done with the 2 mile walks for now and am moving to the 3 mile ones, unless I am short on time for some unknown reason. I feel better when I do 3 mile workouts and the scale needs a jolt. This up .8, down .6, up .3, down .8 lbs. crap needs to stop! :mad: I also need to plan my workouts like you do @deeder522. I have them planned out now until the 1st of March so I have aerobic and some strength workouts mixed together. This should keep me on track for the rest of February ... I hope! :neutral:
    We are in the process of getting the 3 inches of snow as promised for today. We have about 2" right now and it is still snowing, but it is cold (17F) so the flakes are tiny. They have taken all day to add up. Tomorrow is supposed to get down to -6F, but no snow.
    I need to go get a shower and then decorate for St Patrick's Day to make my Irish Great-Grandmother and Grandmother proud! It is time to get rid of the red and move on to green-my favorite color! :bigsmile:
  • Deeder522
    Options
    January Goals

4 Step Workouts✅✅
    4 Leslie Walks✅✅
    4 JS Training✅
    Apple: 2.35 miles walked/running 14 days for the month. 7 / 14

My wrist was still bugging me yesterday so I skipped that training. It feels a bit better today. We'll see how today goes after I load up a bunch of equipment for the afternoon. After work today, I'm hoping for a quiet week. Ryan has won an award for his latest album and He'd like to go to the award show. The award is from a local radio station. The party is on Friday night at a music venue. We are not sure what the award he won is for, but we've been told his award will be announced at 9:05 pm. It was upon hearing that news that we realized how old we've become. We normally start our bedtime routines around then. 🤣🤣 This will be Ry's 1st venture out in a public venue like this in 2 years.

Sorry to be the bearer of potentially bad news @zichab. It was a bit of a surprise to us as well when I plugged in my little CD/DVD player and got nothing. If that happens let me know and I'll find you a couple of options.
    Back in the old days, I had made digital copies of some of the WAT DVDs which helped complement her YouTube channel. I can still request some of the DVDs from the library as well.
    With the Streaming "Networks" cracking down on password sharing and starting to charge more for "ad-free" tiers. We are considering picking up DVDs of the shows we watch the most to have on hand.
  • zichab
    Options
    Feb 17-Log 3: Just Walk:30 Minute Big Burn: Miles 4.4
    Feb 18-Log 3: WAH: 3 Heart Healthy Miles: Miles
    WOW, 2 days in a row is a bit rougher than it used to be! :laugh: However, 3 miles is better so for now, I am going to stay with it.
    CONGRATULATIONS Ryan!!!! WOO HOO!!! :+1: Be safe while you are out!!
    I'll let you know how I make out with the MacBook. In one of the last updates, I lost my Office for Mac programs and I was so mad about that. When you pay for this stuff it makes you so mad when they just make it obsolete.
    We buy the DVD for all movies & TV series we want because streaming services are endless. We own Hulu and Disney+ and that is it. We also have Amazon Prime (for free shipping of course), but there is not a lot on there for free either and then you want to watch it, it's gone. These services just nickle and dime people to death. This is also happening with the Patron nonsense. A person I follow on You Tube told her viewers to really check their credit card statements to be sure they are still following all the Patrons they are paying for since she had stop following 5 that she was still paying for! 5????? Good heavens what a racket! I bought a lot of Leslie's DVDs back in the day from College Video so I have a pretty good collection.
    Have fun at the award ceremony @deeder522 and big hugs to Ryan! :bigsmile:
  • Deeder522
    Options
    I did 2 miles from 5k with a twist. I couldn't remember what the twist was...it was boosted walking. 🤦🏼‍♀️

@zichab, In the last couple of years, I've gone around with several clients on how they wanted to keep using old software. I would say the majority of companies have moved over to a subscription-based platform. F'ing annoying! Adobe was the 1st for the creative types and that is about $59 a month now. The Mac should come with Apple iWork. Pages = Word, Numbers = Excel, Keynote = Powerpoint.
    If they are not already on your computer, I think they are still free to download from the App Store. You will have the ability to export a document as an office document. We dropped Netflix a few months ago to move into the Apple Family plan for music and TV. That's $25 a month. Ugh!
  • zichab
    Options
    Feb 17-Log 3: Just Walk:30 Minute Big Burn: Miles 4.4
    Feb 18-Log 3: WAH: 3 Heart Healthy Miles: Miles 5.5
    Feb 19-Log 3: Rest Day: Miles
    @Deeder522 I feel for your clients as I know how annoying it is when you like to use a program (normally that you paid a fair amount for) and then it is no longer recognized after an up grade. When Dennis and I moved from MI, we had to download and upgrade a bunch of files that we still had on 3.5 floppies since we were not about to move the old tower. That was a fun job! :noway: I'm fine with Numbers and Pages for what I do now (and they are on my Mac although they need upgrading as well :laugh: ), but when I was teaching, EVERYTHING was PC including the computer in my office! :grumble: I needed Office for Mac to manage all my teaching files between work and home. If I was still teaching, I would need to get a subscription for Office, but it is not worth it to me now. I did not up grade to Big Sur until about 8 months ago when Garmin said they were no longer servicing High Sierra so I could not get info from my Vivofit. Big Sur is the last up grade for this hardware, which is why I bought the new MacBook.
    LOL yeah the boosted walking in 5K with a Twist is beyond me right now as well! I have one of her 5 Mile Walks though where she has 2 of the walkers do Power Walking, Power knees and Power leg lifts during the Boosted segments, so that is what I am doing right now until I get my strength up to speed. At least I can do the 3 miles and remain alive! :laugh:
    It's all quiet today-no real cold (well it's 27 but for February, not bad), no snow, no wind, just a day for a quick house clean and reading. Tomorrow we are supposed to be back up to 40F so we will probably bring in a few loads of wood before the weekend's snow storm. Gotta Love February! :heart:
    Until tomorrow! :bigsmile:
  • zichab
    Options
    Feb 18-Log 3: WAH: 5K with a Twist: Miles 4.4
    Feb 19-Log 3: WAH: 3 Heart Healthy Miles: Miles 5.5
    Feb 20-Log 3: Rest: Miles 2.8
    Feb 21-Log 3: WAH: iWalk Strong: Miles
    I am beginning to improve on my actual challenge for this month, which is nice as I thought it would take longer! I am so glad you suggested Jessica's 21 Day 1 mile Walk and Talk Challenge @deeder522, because it has made a world of difference. I know that I would not be doing 3 miles yet if it were not for the consistency of January's challenge. I kind of fell off this challenge mid-month and I think it might be that 2 mile walks are the problem. When I did the 5K with a Twist, I really felt my old motivation coming back. However, I also noticed that half way through mile 2, I wanted to stop and had to push through a few moves to continue. Once I was over that hump, 3 miles was not a problem, so it is possible that 2 mile walks are the problem because of my energy slump. Anyway, it feels good to being doing 3 miles and some mild strength training as well. Til tomorrow! :bigsmile:
  • Deeder522
    edited February 22
    Options
    10 years ago, it was so cold and frozen that we were walking on Lake Michigan, literally! Today, I walked outside with just a sweatshirt on. A mile walk outside today and maybe tomorrow too. Still, no snow is being brought up in the long-range forecast either.

I think I'm going to dial it back on the step aerobic routine just a bit. Maybe not the full 3 combos, just go with 1 or 2 combos. Maybe by April, I'll be ready for all 3 combos.

I stumbled across a couple of Leslie DVDs that someone had uploaded to YouTube including 2 5 mile programs. Then I found Collage TV and they have several of her older walks on their YouTube page.
  • zichab
    Options
    Feb 21-Log 3: WAH: iWalk Strong: Miles 3.9
    Feb 22-Log 3: Rest: Miles
    The weather is very strange this year there is no doubt @deeder522! We have had far less snow than normal and ice fishing derbies that have been held for decades in February had to be cancelled this year for unsafe ice. :noway: Our temps go from the 40s to single digits in the same day. They say we are in the path of a storm today through tomorrow and will see "snow in the higher elevations." Well, we are at one of the highest elevations in NY and it freakin' rained all day!!! We noticed today that we can see the water under the ice in our bay, which normally does not happen until early April. At this rate, the bears will wake up early and be roaming around homes looking for food!
    Oh my gosh, I went searching today for Leslie videos and found some of my favorites on Daily Motion and You Tube user uploads! A few years ago, her company hit everyone with copyright infringements who had uploaded her videos, so I stopped looking. Apparently, they have slacked off or she is using a different company that sees them as a advantage. I love the Express series and am putting the 3 mile Express in my rotation. Thanks for mentioning your search results!
    I was really tired to day so not much going on. We brought in wood and I dusted under the bed and washed our bedroom windows and then took a nap! :laugh: Meh, there are days like this I guess! :bigsmile:
  • Deeder522
    Options
    Yesterday was another lovely warm day so I got another 1-mile walk in at the park. Then I decided to do a little 5-minute step routine at the new Fitness Court they installed last fall. Of the 7 sections, there is 1 that has a tine platform and it is just about the right height for a low step. In the future, I'll probably be able to do a full routine but I'll need a better/bigger screen to follow along too.
    Ry wanted to go with me the last 2 days but we thought the best option was for him to take it easy for tonight's award/concert. We're pretty sure we know which award he won. It's a brand new award called "Against all Odd" for "an Artist has demonstrated resilience in overcoming obstacles to achieve success".

Ry also thought he needed a new outfit for tonight. A few days ago we took a trip to Kohls. It was while he was trying things on in the changing room that he realized that this was his 1st time being out and getting clothes since we lost all his weight. I hadn't thought about it but he was right. For the last couple of years, we did Amazon Wardrobe/Try before you buy his clothes and shoes. It had been nearly 5 years since he went to a store to get clothing. So long story but he has a new outfit to wear tonight. 🥰
  • zichab
    Options
    Feb 22-Log 3: Rest: Miles 3.2
    Feb 23-Log 3: WAH: 3 Mile weight Loss walk: Miles
    Oh boy! I forgot the overhead lifts in this one and needed to lower the weights from 3lbs to 2lbs, and even then I did not complete them all. ooops! Clearly I need to slow it down with the strength training! :sad:
    I remember you talking about the fitness courts that were going up all over and we have them near the cities here as well. I have no idea how people use their phones for every thing. I can barely see mine and I can't watch movies on it. A Tablet is what you really need to follow your workouts in the court.
    So, how did our Ryan do????? Is he going to be a star???? I am so anxious to hear about this. I hope he WOW's them in his new fancy duds! :bigsmile:
  • Deeder522
    Options
    xw3ro8loqeqj.png

It was neat for him to get some recognition. It's been 18 years between albums. The Jammies were LOUD! 19 different bands split between 3 different stages. So there was some sort of music playing pretty much all the time. The awards part was weird in the way it was managed. They announced what the award was but didn't go into details on why the award was created. So it was mostly:
    So we have this new award called Against All Odds and Trak Zero gets the award. 🏆 Ryan got to say a few words and then that was it. Most of the people there just want to hear the bands so the awards are almost like a side show. 🤷🏼‍♀️ We had about 7 friends show up to see Ryan get the award which means a lot to him including 1 guy who did some guitar work on a song and the guy who did the illustration for the cover artwork. We'll be exhausted for the next couple of days.

This album music he started creating in the mid-1990s. He released the 1st album in 2005 and then the follow-up last Fall.
  • zichab
    Options
    Feb 22-Log 3: Rest: Miles 3.2
    Feb 23-Log 3: WAH: 3 Mile weight Loss walk: Miles 4.1
    WOO HOO!!!! Congratulations Ryan!!! What an honor for him after all he has been through!!! I don't like it when venues keep music going during awards as it is so hard to hear anything, music or awards. But the point is his music was good enough to earn the award in spite of his challenges and there is a lot to be said for that. He also looked great, which had to make him happy as well. So, how about picking away at the new album so it comes out in say 10 years from now???? :laugh: Congratulations to you too @Deeder522! It is not easy to be married to a musician, even when he is at 100%! You earned a piece of that award as well! Again, congratulations to you both!!!! :+1:
    I follow a You Tuber who was from Grand Rapids, and just moved to Big Rapids to be closer to her family and she is also a musician. Her name is Susan Buchanan and she actually put out an album in 2012. https://susanbuchanan.bandcamp.com/album/mr-crazy-other-tales There might be some familiar names to you and Ryan among the back up players and sound engineers.
    Take it easy and enjoy your weekend!!! :bigsmile:
  • zichab
    Options
    Feb 1-Log 3: Walk-Rest: Miles: 2.0
    Feb 2-Log 3: WAH: Walk Away Your Hips & Thighs-2 miles: Miles: 3.3
    Feb 3-Log 3: Rest: Miles: 3.2
    Feb 6-Log 3: Rest Day: Miles: 3.9
    Feb 7-Log 3: WAP 2 Brisk Miles: Miles: 3.8
    Feb 8-Log 2: Rest: Miles: 2.1
    Feb 9-Log 1: Away : Miles: 1.0
    Feb 10-Log 1: Away: Miles: 1.2
    Feb 11-Log 2: Away: Miles: 1.5
    Feb 12-Log 3: Away: Miles: 1.8
    Feb 13-Log 3: Rest? : Miles: 1.0
    Feb 14-Log 0: Walk-0: Miles: 1.6
    Feb 15-Log 0: Walk-0: Miles: 1.3
    Feb 16-Log 0: Walk-0: Miles: 1.6
    Feb 17-Log 3: Just Walk:30 Minute Big Burn: Miles: 3.3
    Feb 18-Log 3: WAH: 5K with a Twist: Miles: 4.4
    Feb 19-Log 3: WAH: 3 Heart Healthy Miles: Miles: 5.5
    Feb 20-Log 3: Rest: Miles: 2.8
    Feb 21-Log 3: WAH: iWalk Strong: Miles: 3.9
    Feb 22-Log 3: Rest: Miles: 3.2
    Feb 23-Log 3: WAH: 3 Mile weight Loss walk: Miles: 4.1
    Feb 24-Log 3: Rest: Miles: 1.8
    Feb 25-Log 3: WAH 3 Miracle Miles: Miles:
    Dear Heavens, it did not get above 9F yesterday and today it is 40F!!!!! Believe it or not, the maple farms are collecting sap ... in February!!!!! It is running like mad. Global Warming is getting real, but at least maple syrup should be a lot cheaper this year! :wink:
    Not much going on here today-I'm into a book on Catherine the Great of Russia so I am going to spend all afternoon learning about how she overthrew her own husband to become Empress of Russia!!! Palace intrigue is such fun! :bigsmile:
  • Deeder522
    Options
    Saturday was a day for recovery. I dragged all day. Ryan started crashing around 3 pm where it was getting hard to stand or hold his arms out. Today is better for both of us. Ryan still pacing himself today.

Most of this week is looking like spring temps, 1 day is near 70! I'm going to have to get our winter tires switched out for our all-season/summer tires. This mild winter will eat up what's left of our winter tires quickly. The temperature swings are not fun. they wreak havoc on Ryan's body too.

I've slipped on strength training this month but I still plan on working it in more. The final push this week to end the month.
  • Deeder522
    Options
    February Goals

4 Step Workouts✅✅✅
    4 Leslie Walks✅✅✅
    4 JS Training✅
    Apple: 2.35 miles walked/running 14 days for the month. 10 / 14

I'm working my way outside for a walk. It's above 50 and the sun is out. It looks like I'll have the opportunity to walk outside tomorrow too. They are calling for 67 tomorrow.
    The only downside I have right now, is my Left wrist and hip feel achy. I must have twisted something enough to cause it just not sure what.
  • zichab
    Options
    Feb 1-Log 3: Walk-Rest: Miles: 2.0
    Feb 2-Log 3: WAH: Walk Away Your Hips & Thighs-2 miles: Miles: 3.3
    Feb 3-Log 3: Rest: Miles: 3.2
    Feb 6-Log 3: Rest Day: Miles: 3.9
    Feb 7-Log 3: WAP 2 Brisk Miles: Miles: 3.8
    Feb 8-Log 2: Rest: Miles: 2.1
    Feb 9-Log 1: Away : Miles: 1.0
    Feb 10-Log 1: Away: Miles: 1.2
    Feb 11-Log 2: Away: Miles: 1.5
    Feb 12-Log 3: Away: Miles: 1.8
    Feb 13-Log 3: Rest? : Miles: 1.0
    Feb 14-Log 0: Walk-0: Miles: 1.6
    Feb 15-Log 0: Walk-0: Miles: 1.3
    Feb 16-Log 0: Walk-0: Miles: 1.6
    Feb 17-Log 3: Just Walk:30 Minute Big Burn: Miles: 3.3
    Feb 18-Log 3: WAH: 5K with a Twist: Miles: 4.4
    Feb 19-Log 3: WAH: 3 Heart Healthy Miles: Miles: 5.5
    Feb 20-Log 3: Rest: Miles: 2.8
    Feb 21-Log 3: WAH: iWalk Strong: Miles: 3.9
    Feb 22-Log 3: Rest: Miles: 3.2
    Feb 23-Log 3: WAH: 3 Mile weight Loss walk: Miles: 4.1
    Feb 24-Log 3: Rest: Miles: 1.8
    Feb 25-Log 3: WAH 3 Miracle Miles: Miles: 3.2
    Feb 26-Log 3: WAH Part of 3 and 4 Mile Express walk: Miles
    Well, forget Daily Motion for workout videos because every 7 minutes there is a 2-3 minute ad. I should have known since they would not allow me to play them on Firefox because I have an ad blocker, but they did allow them on Safari, where I do not have one. You Tube does not put ads on workout videos thankfully. I had to give up on the 3 Mile Express workout, but I found a 4 Mile Express video on You Tube and did the first 2 miles of that. Not the greatest workout day for me, but it is one day and now I know.
    According to Accuweather, we are going to get up to 57F on Wednesday, and then plunge down to 7F! :laugh: For those of us who supplement our heat with wood, it is a crazy winter. Today, we are burning down 1 log at a time and Wednesday, we will need to fill the firebox up with 5 logs! Crazy!!!
    I am so glad Ryan enjoyed himself and it is worth it to take it slow for a few days. I miss MI for walking outside. My neighborhood was fairly level with a couple small hills and sidewalks, which made it great for walking. We are coming into mud season here and it is a mess. Once we get through mud season, black fly season starts and doing anything out side is a invitation to be eaten by bugs! On top of that, it is all HUGE hills, so I really have to be ready for a hike to actually "walk" outside. :ohwell: However, our town is building a walking track in the park and I am anxious for that to be completed. I'll have to drive there, but still, it will be level and paved and I'll just have to bathe in deep woods OFF! :laugh:
    Do you remember doing anything to your wrist like hitting on something or twisting it? It seems odd that it is still painful. Could it be a carpal tunnel problem? You do spend a lot of time on computers. It's just a thought because my wrists and thumb used to hurt when I was working on computer for hours every day.
    Another laundry load is done-folding time! :bigsmile: