shenry111
shenry111 Posts: 4,106 Member
Good morning!

Replies

• shenry111
    shenry111 Posts: 4,106 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Yesterday was no holiday where I work. I do still wish that I were closer to retirement.

It was very busy at work yesterday. What holiday? It is hard to get stuff done with the regular work when spending so much time on moving tasks. I bought a new forklift and dock ramp yesterday, plus I coordinated getting the company truck fixed. I also brought on a new propane dealer. Yes, I am an accountant. At least I didn't have the daily banking.

Betrhealth is still working for me. I am getting more into a routine with it. Connie is not as appreciate of the recipes. She is not 100% on board.

I'm glad to hear that everyone seems to be on the mend. Bob, it is good to hear about you on your bike
    again.

Bill, find a house big enough for a guest room for when I can talk Connie into going out there. I hope that you and Heather find just the right place for you.

Have a great day!

• manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,662 Member
    Options
    Mornin' gents
  • mikehikemike
    mikehikemike Posts: 3,438 Member
    edited February 20
    Options
    Mornin’ men.

Got out yesterday for a walk in the woods at sunset. Followed a recent logging road to where a whole hillside was cut. Nice view of the winter sunset there.

Bible study this morning. I’m having a normal breakfast, and coffee with no sugar (a new thing this year that helps me curb cravings for sweets) so it should be safe. Just can’t have conversations around the snack table… This afternoon some of my kids will be nearby for a visit, so I’ll stop in the hang out with them awhile.

Also glad to hear people seem to be more or less on the mend.
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,662 Member
    edited February 20
    Options
    The daily grind is what keeps us young, no?
    So my girls got restless at 4:30...but I did go back for another hour.
    Thx for the idea of freezing some of the chili, Dave. Perfect solution to my problem.
    Great to hear your eye is doing so well, Bob.
    Have fun house hunting Bill.
    16 degrees at day break.
    Lost another pound this week.
    Deep, slow breathing prior to getting my BP checked this morning. Rheum Doc check up. 138/70. Not horrible, but probably should work on getting lower.

Onward and downward ;-)
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,900 Member
    Options
    Good morning gentlemen.

Slept in until 6:30 this morning. Sassy is still snoozing upstairs. I took her on a brisk 5.5-mile walk late yesterday afternoon and she was tired.

Steady rain today. I have grocery shopping to do and a couple bowls I am working on the lathe. They both had cracks that need to be filled and it takes a day for the colored epoxy to be fully cured, so it is a slow go.

• myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,561 Member
    Options
    Good Morning

Yesterday was quite successful. We enjoyed meeting our realtor in person and talking it all through at our favorite coffee place. One house was perfect and we would have put in an offer if we are at that time in the process. The other two were disasters not apparent in the photos. We learned a bit about home maintenance in a damp environment. Cancelled our trip to Eugene to look at furniture stores since the two here will meet our needs. A break in the light rain allowed us to head up to the Jetty to walk out a bit before walking north along the shoreline until my back said enough. Another similar walk is planned this morning before the rain comes back and we get the few remaining “relocation” chores. Food isn’t going well. We visited a couple of favorite restaurants and cleaned our plates before we realized it. A new day and a new effort today.
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,094 Member
    Options
    Agree Lee: the daily grind IS what keeps us going whether its the 3esses routine or brewing up said coffee grind.
    Been riding slowly in the neighborhood for since about the end of January and slowly increasing the last week or so. I have ridden a local short hill the last couple of days. Need to drink more fluids I am just not much of a fluid drinker.
    Keep on keepin' on!
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,614 Member
    Options
    Good Morning