Options
steve0mania
steve0mania Posts: 2,966 Member
Yo. How'd you do?

Replies

• steve0mania
    steve0mania Posts: 2,966 Member
    Options
    I am down 1.2 pounds this week. That makes about 5 pounds down overall so far. It turns out that actually sticking to your plan is helpful to pull off a few pounds. Who woulda thunk it? Lather, rinse, repeat.

182/140/146
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 8,011 Member
    Options
    Down 2.8# And so the see-saws.
  • misterhub
    misterhub Posts: 6,246 Member
    Options
    +1.5
  • Brian_19
    Brian_19 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    up 1.2
  • Philtex
    Philtex Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    This seemed like a long week, highlighted at the start by three days of staying the same weight, and ending with three days of eating several points less than my WW target. The end result was being down 1.2 pounds. I crossed a numeric milestone, going under 200 on my way to 185. A long week, but a good week.
  • whathapnd
    whathapnd Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    I'm down 2.2 pounds. This makes a little over 10 pounds since the end of 2023. I've struggled the past few years to break out of this "decade" of weight, so I'm determined to get over this hurdle.

I feel like a broken record, but I'm trying to concentrate on behaviors versus the number on the scale, so I'll say it again: My junk food consumption was under control, but I still need to eat more balanced meals - - mainly more vegetables. I love vegetables, I just sometimes hate prepping/cooking them. It's turned sunny and warmer the past few days, so I'm hoping my winter mood will improve and help me be more productive regarding meal prep this coming week.

Have a great weekend!
  • crewahl
    crewahl Posts: 3,868 Member
    Options
    Philtex wrote: »
    This seemed like a long week, highlighted at the start by three days of staying the same weight, and ending with three days of eating several points less than my WW target. The end result was being down 1.2 pounds. I crossed a numeric milestone, going under 200 on my way to 185. A long week, but a good week.

Welcome back to Onederland!
  • crewahl
    crewahl Posts: 3,868 Member
    Options
    Pleased to be back in the Green Zone after Thursday's weigh-in. I was up 4# last week based on weighing in the day after Valentine's Day dinner. This week, I weighed in 4# down from last week. That prompted me to reflect, “Nothing that happens at the scale is permanent.” And the more I thought about it, the more significant that observation seemed to be.

We all get gains, and we’re generally conditioned the feel that’s “a bad thing” - and I get that. But the mindset that no gain is permanent, and that any blip can be addressed by healthy habits is as comforting as a child’s blankie. If we believe in that approach, we can shrug at those increases and not overreact to them. We don’t have to be derailed by a temporary change in situation.

And as Lifetimer's, we also need to wrap our minds around dealing with the converse - that being at goal isn’t guaranteed to be permanent, and that being at goal needs to be embraced and protected as a gift. All those of us that have had a significant regain 🙋🏻‍♂️ intuitively understand that.

So the significance to me of that observation that nothing that happens at the scale is permanent is that it’s both a blessing and a curse. It’s a promise when you’re losing, and it’s a warning when you’re at goal. It’s a bit like that line “may you live in interesting times”.

Okay, enough with deep thoughts . . .

After Thursday's WW Studio meeting, the Coach stopped me on the way out. She said that WW was asking them to have a member take five minutes at the next meeting to share their WW story, and would I mind doing that for her? I told her I was honored. Now I’ve got to decide what to share in that period of time that will be most useful to the group.
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 5,973 Member
    edited February 26
    Options
    Down 5 lbs this past week. I have really been on a roller coaster ride for the last 4 years or so with health issues, personal family issues and business issues. When these types of life's issues hit us through the years things may change but our goals don't.

So continuing on the path is really a no decision thing. The goal was made many many years ago to get this fat off so the March along with the motra continue.

My electrophysiologist said this week my heart was strong and I could run a marathon but it wouldn't help me to lose a lb. The more we age the more our metabolism changes towards the difficulty side for losing. That being said he thought I was on the right path.

I'm down from from 354 a few weeks ago to 337.2 this am. So the journey continues.