Pupowl Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    The daily card:
    0ew9k52fbavx.jpg
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 531 Member
    edited February 23
    Options
    Is anyone else allergic to Stevia? Seems a lot of companies are trying to swap out xylitol or sucrolose. Now I boast a face rash and am wheezing - didn't catch the label change. Doh. Benedryl is in my future :'(

Today the weather was perfect and we went to the beach. I went to the bakery and had a decaf and a couple of donuts on my trek. I caught a lot of Pokemon and was out there for several hours. :+1:
    xw0m4022rms9.jpg
    North Head Lighthouse Ilwaco, Washington - Cape Disappointment (husband's photo, he was running this trail and passed the lighthouse, I didn't go that far down. I stuck around town and had donuts without him :-P )
    67ak7zbn0qbu.png
    Discovery Trail Longbeach Washington
    l1qodoz0k108.png

Stevia bothers me depending how it’s been processed. I have oral allergy syndrome, so if it’s been boiled I’m good, extra healthy that’s never been boiled for extraction equals swollen lips.
  • FWSWCindy
    FWSWCindy Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    FWSWCindy
    Week 3 Step Goal: 10,000 a day average for the week
    Sunday – 10,750
    Monday – 10,975
    Tuesday -10,926
    Wednesday – 10,264
    Thursday – 16,266 Wooohoooo
    Friday –
    Saturday –
    Weekly 3 Daily average =
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    @nancyinmo You are the only one who can answer those questions! Maybe a better one would be "is there any reason to keep losing weight?". Maintaining is also a goal in itself and seems just as hard as losing weight to me. I hope you can figure it out.
  • pedal__power
    pedal__power Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    pedal__power
    PW 208.4
    CW 209.4
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    @SavageMrsMoose

Friday Weigh Ins

PW: 132.2
    CW: 128.8

Might be a little dehydrated but I’ll take the loss. It’s below my 130 goal!

Could I be excused from the next two weeks weigh in? I will be traveling. Goal is to stay under 130 while I’m gone

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,207 Member
    Options
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Tue 2/20: 15,055
    Wed 2/21: 11,313
    Thu 2/22: 15,086
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    frankwbrown
    February week 3
    Weigh in day: Friday, February 23
    PW: 244.2
    CW: 243.5 ( lost 0.7 lbs; 0.29% this week, but...)
    LTD: ( gained 1.3 lbs; 0.53% this month)
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Nice picture @Itadakimasu7! Is that area close to where you live or did you drive there for a visit?

Beautiful 🤩

I don’t think I’m allergic to Stevia but I also don’t know enough about the products that use it as an ingredient. So, I’ll have to pay more attention.

@CasandraW - Your experience is interesting and I’m impressed that you were able to figure out the pattern of your allergic reaction. Ouch! My son has had a puffy lip from some food items that surprised me — like snow peas 🫛 — and it looked really sore to me.

I hope the Benadryl helped @itadakimasu7. Take care!
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    nancyinmo wrote: »
    nancyinmo
    Friday weigh-in
    PW: 124.4
    CW: 125.0

Geez, I really haven’t budged. And maybe this is where I am supposed to be. After losing 107 pounds, I’m honestly not sure what my “goal” should be at this point. Do I feel good? Yes. Am I working out every day? Also yes. Are my numbers good (BMI, cholesterol, visceral fat, etc)? All excellent. So my question is, at what point do I say, “this is it; I’m at my stopping point”?

I can really relate to your situation, but I don't have any answers. Here's where I'm at:
    I lost 105 pounds, from 330 pounds down to 225 pounds. That was two years ago. Since then, I've regained about 15 pounds. I had set out to lose 100 pounds, even though I wasn't sure that would be possible. Yet I ended up getting closer to 220 pounds. I felt great, and began thinking about maintenance. It's been tough, and I'm concerned that I don't regain any more weight.
    But like you, I ask myself:

* Do I feel good? Yes.
    * Am I working out every day? Also yes.
    * Are my numbers good (BMI, cholesterol, visceral fat, etc.)? Cholesterol and visceral fat are excellent, but not BMI. (I hate BMI. It isn't realistic given my physique. At 6"1" tall, I would need be weigh less than 189 pounds to be at the high end of healthy! But according to a DEXA scan, my lean body mass is ~160 pounds. So for me, a BMI of 24.9 implies a body fat percent of ~15%)
    * So my question is, at what point do I say, “this is it; I’m at my stopping point”?

Well, the real question is, how much body fat is acceptable for me? I've been wrestling with that question for months. I've been thinking: I'm not looking for a beach body, I'm not trying to impress anyone; if my health indicators are excellent and I've got good strength, stability, flexibility and balance, why should I care about a little extra fat? But just because I feel so much better today than I did before my weight loss, that doesn't mean I won't feel even better if I can lose some more fat. I don't know if I can get there, but my goal is to get down to no more than 25% body fat. And if I reach that goal, I'll set a new goal of 20% body fat. For me personally, I think I'll do better if I'm pursuing my goal rather than thinking I've reached it and just need to stay there.

Here's a good quote I came across years ago (don't know if it's authentic though):
    "A goal is not always meant to be reached;
    it often serves simply as something to aim at." ~Bruce Lee~

Here's to reaching our goals, or at least continuing to aim for them.
  • nancyinmo
    nancyinmo Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    @Pupowl and @frankwbrown
    Thank you both, and thank you, Frank, for sharing your story. Much appreciated. I have some thinking to do. I am worried about gaining again, so my ridiculous thinking was, “well, if I could lose another 5 or 10, I’d have some wriggle room in case I gain.” Foolish thinking, I know. I’m never going to be where I was at 30 years old, and psychologically I have to come to terms with that. And at 62, a weight of 125 is hella-good, I know. Maybe it’s that the journey of losing weight has ended, and the journey of maintaining is beginning. It’s almost like I’m sad the first journey is ending. I’ve been on that journey for so long, it’s weird that that part of it is over. Kind of like letting go of the pain of a bad breakup lol.
    And that Bruce Lee quote is fabulous. I will remember that!!
  • Itadakimasu7
    Itadakimasu7 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    @PatriceFitnessPal -- The lighthouse is across the river from me, so a little drive but not too far :D:+1: It's called Northhead and they have whale watchers there at the moment as the coast hosts a grey whale migration.

Good weather again today so I was out on my bike for six miles on the local trail. It was a bit chilly but nice to see some sun shining.

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,088 Member
    Options
    @izzyred9400 Missing your steps for the 16th please...let us know. Thanks!

Steppers, please check the chart and post your steps from this week. Thanks!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,088 Member
    Options
    Rough week, glad it's over...accomplished a lot but it was hectic. Had a good annual review. Hope it adds to my bottom line, but won't know for a few weeks...

Happy Friday all!
    Jessica
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    @izzyred9400 Missing your steps for the 16th please...let us know. Thanks!

Steppers, please check the chart and post your steps from this week. Thanks!
    Jessica

2/16 17,082
    2/22 20,545
    2/23 15,833
This discussion has been closed.