Shape Shifters Team Chat - FEBRUARY 2024

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,080 Member
edited March 3 in Social Groups
8lx9agopgs8i.png
Here is your Team chat room for February 2024. Happy New Year! This is where you weigh in, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land here any time.

Fat2Fit has five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows - contact them any time!

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossible - @Katmary71 and @trooworld
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and @Pupowl

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @Slimmersixties & @NachDeezy
Mission Slimpossibles - 19shmoo69
Weight No More - @rachelrjh and @BodyTalking
WaistAways - @MaddawgMadsen
Shape Shifters - @LaurieWrobo and @Cyncia85

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The February challenge runs for weeks, from February 4 - March 2. F2F months always start on a Sunday and end on a Saturday, so adjust your calendars!

Everyone weighs in weekly on their chosen day right here in the team chat. At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win, and may everyone else get to work on next week!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every single week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard.

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you want a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or can be moved to the Support Team for as long as you need. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally. Don't worry! You can always come back even if you get dropped.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone. You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team.

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the Leap Month begin!!

Replies

• Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Hello Shape Shifters and welcome to the new members! I hope you are all doing well.
    I became a co-captain of the team in order to try to help out Jessica a bit. I joined this team in August 2021 and I have found it a very valuable tool on my weight loss journey.
    There are a lot of things being offered here; there is the step challenge, the habit tracker, the weekly challenges, your personal weigh in and of course the Shape Shifter group chat itself. The more you engage with the group, the more you will get out of it!
    Don't hesistate to reach out when you are having a hard time, chances are you aren't the only one and everyone here is kind and supportive. I often see people feel bad about posting a gain, please don't! We are all aware that weight loss isn't linear. Sometimes the scale just does what it wants, even when you do everything right. So post it, shrug it off and keep going. As long as you put in the work, the results will come, promise. Remember that one day of overeating does not erase any progress! <3
    I wish everyone a great February with lots of victories, big and small!
    4i45sug2psq3.jpg
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,081 Member
    Options
    c2eudtfy5ilb.jpg
    FAQ for New Shape Shifters Members

How do I post my weigh in?

Userid
    (Day of Week) Weigh-in
    PW: 204 lbs (previous weight)
    CW: 202 lbs (current weight)
    LTD: 12 lbs (optional loss to date)

Where is the Weigh in stats spreadsheet?
    Start at the Fat2Fit Main Page and under the header information, you’ll see a section at the bottom that says “TO ACCESS THE SPREADSHEETS FOR JANUARY CLICK HERE” followed by the link in blue. Once you click on that link, it will take you to the Summary page. Find Shape Shifters on the tabs at the bottom and click on that and that brings you to the stats page. Also on this page (scrolling down), you’ll find the Step Challenge chart as well. This is where we record your daily steps if you sign up to be part of the monthly step challenge. More info on how to sign up is below! Join us!

How often should I post in the chatroom?

Whenever you have a question, suggestion, story, news announcement or just want to brighten someone's day!! There's never too much...and please share recipes, tips, laughs, challenges, cartoons, pictures of your pets, pictures from walks you've taken, etc...we love it all!!

What if I have to be out of town during my weigh in?

Send a message to one of the Captains (JessicaKrall8 or Pupowl) in the chatroom or in a private message on MFP's mail and let her know your circumstance...if it's just for a week or two, you can be excused from the weigh-in. If you must leave for longer than a month, you may be moved to our support team until you return. When you're ready to come back, send another message and the MODS will move you back to active status.

What happens if I miss a weigh in?

If you're late, you'll be marked as LWI (late weigh in). If you fail to report in at all, you'll be labeled as NWI (no weigh in). After two NWIs, you're put on the drop list if no explanation has been provided. It's always best to let your Captain know what's going on and she'll make sure you're covered.

How do I sign up for the Step Challenge?

Send the Captains a message that you'd like to join, provide your daily step goal and tell her your favorite place to walk. It's that simple! Please be aware though, you're making a commitment to post your steps every 2-3 days, which helps the Captains keep the stats caught up. If you're not willing to do this, please do not sign up. (THANKS!!)

Do I have to re-register each month to remain part of Team Shape Shifters?

No, your membership will carry over month to month. The only place where this is NOT true is for the Step Challenge. You have to sign up each month to participate in it and this gives you the opportunity to adjust your daily step goal.

If I've missed anything or questions arise, just post them! We'll find the information you need as much as possible! Hope this helps!

Welcome!
    Jessica :smile:
  • jessicakrall8
    edited February 3
    Options
    thsqhhv13uxx.jpg

I realize these reminders come often, but they're necessary to keep us on the same page and we have newbies, so bear with me. If you're considering joining our step challenge, please be aware of a few simple requirements:
      [*] Registration for the step challenge DOES NOT roll over. You must register for each month's contest in order to participate. This gives you the opportunity to adjust your daily step goal.
      [*] Here's what we need: First name for the chart, daily step goal AND your favorite place to walk during the current month.
      [*] Record keeping is 90% of our time for your Captains, so any small things you can do to assist us, are GREATLY APPRECIATED. Be clear and concise when reporting your information. Include dates...report stats in a separate posting, so it's not buried in other information...and finally...if you cannot commit to reporting your steps every 2-3 days, DO NOT REGISTER.
      [*] If you fail to report in regularly, per these guidelines, you will be removed from the challenge.

Thanks and have an active and fun month in the challenge!
      Jessica
    1. jessicakrall8
      edited February 3
      Options
      ekjd2ys6igzz.png

The February Week 1 Group Challenge is live and ready to begin tomorrow, Sunday, Feb. 4th and will run through Saturday, Feb. 10th. Please join us for the 7-Day Self-Love Challenge! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10908940/february-week-1-group-challenge-7-day-self-love-challenge/p1?new=1

Hope to see you there! 7rke7n64uxn5.png
      Jessica :blush:
    2. abowersgirl
      abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
      Options
      Sat weigh in

PW 238.5
      Cw 237.4
    3. PatriceFitnessPal
      PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,328 Member
      edited February 3
      Options
      Hi Shape Shifters! I’m Patrice, a 57 year old woman living with my husband and two adult sons in the Washington, DC area of the USA. My husband and I both grew up in Boston, and our family travels regularly between Boston and Alexandria, VA to visit family and friends, care for aging relatives, and spend time with our son who attends Boston College. Our younger son attends Clemson University in South Carolina so we visit there sometimes, too. From our house, it’s about an 8-hour drive in either direction so they live near their college campuses most of the year. It’s fun to see them and catch up with their friends whenever they are ‘home’ so I’ll enjoy it while I can!

I joined MFP in December 2019 at 168 pounds, but I didn’t really build the habit of tracking my food and exercise until March 2020, when we were encouraged to stay at home to prevent the spread of COVID. There was a lot of uncertainty at the time and the only thing I felt I could ‘control’ was my health. So, I focused on eating healthier food and walked outside with my family whenever possible. I lost about 30 pounds by spring 2021 and stalled at 135 pounds. In June 2021, I joined the F2F group for extra support to reach my goal of 125 pounds, which I achieved (briefly!) around the end of September 2021.

I maintained my target range of 125-130 for about a year, but then my weight started creeping up as I concentrated on other areas of my life that I want to improve, such as decluttering our (still-too-full-of-stuff) house, now that we’re supposedly ‘empty nesters.’ I also started a business but I haven’t had much time to develop it beyond the basic essentials. (Note: I’ll cover this a bit more in a separate post in response to your question @Cyncia85 - sorry for the delay!)

Now that COVID is more manageable from a public health standpoint, and we’re socializing more, I have to work harder to return to my goal weight. I have about 15-20 pounds to lose — or re-lose? So, I’m trying to incorporate more ‘raw’ foods - like fruits, vegetables, legumes, etc. - into my diet; and, I want to increase my movement beyond my weekly rowing and soccer workouts. My younger son and I are exchanging texts three times a week to encourage one another to exercise in the morning, so we’ll see how that goes this month. Let’s make it a good one, and use the extra bonus day of leap year wisely! 😉 Go Shape Shifters!

4. LaurieWrobo
      LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,270 Member
      Options
      Please sign me up for Step Challenge
      LaurieWrobo
      Steps: 5,000
      Favorite place to walk - around my neighborhood through a forest path with trees on either side
    5. jugar
      jugar Posts: 10,080 Member
      Options
      Happy February! Apologies to wonderful motivator @LaurieWrobo - I got too quick in my cut and pastes of the opening for this month's team chat threads and forgot to list the new motivators correctly! It is fixed now, and I thank you again for stepping up and helping out :heart:
    6. Zaxa2021
      Zaxa2021 Posts: 414 Member
      Options
      Steps

2/2: 7,626
      2/3: 12,895
    7. LaurieWrobo
      Options
      Happy Sunday💕💕💕 3ld2205d14ko.jpg
    8. frankwbrown
      frankwbrown Posts: 12,198 Member
      Options
      Daily step goal: 10,000
      Fri 2/2: 10,550
      Sat 2/3: 12,181
      Sign me up please for the step challenge this month.
      Same step goal: 10,000
      Winter time favorite place to walk: indoor mall, or if not raining then in one of two nearby parks
    9. looneycatblue
      looneycatblue Posts: 1,305 Member
      Options
      Wk 1 - Sun, Feb 4
      PW: 170.8
      CW: 169.8
      Gain/Loss: -1.0

Sorry so late in posting my steps. I'll skip February.
      Steps:
      1/28 1,517
      1/29 5,528
      1/30 4,670
      1/31 4,915
    10. LaurieWrobo
      Options
      Steps
      2/3 6,166
    11. minstrelofsarcasm
      minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,234 Member
      Options
      n1bx52w74edw.png

239hzhddcecn.png
      1rllf1j9io1y.png

Team Results
      By Percentage
      cthfelzubq33.png

By Pounds
      y1dvyfv2mtpp.png

Individual Results
      By Percentage
      ov3je0nfbqj3.png

By Pounds
      wjti1e6gsxbi.png
      flmg1x9glkp4.png

Team Winners
      wcou0dj23vbf.png

12. minstrelofsarcasm
      minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,234 Member
      Options
      n1bx52w74edw.png

0cikv1ggtxgb.png
      lwiriten8nug.png
      0bwkcrkqhbm4.png

Team Results
      By Percentage
      obmifp8qyapw.png

By Pounds
      g8cxqp8zzawf.png

Individual Results
      By Percentage
      mrnu87fczh72.png

By Pounds
      cvski1pyezq2.png
      hx1bwyak2qbd.png

Team Winners
      zqimhl1cg678.png
    13. jessicakrall8
      Options
      35x1y7c4h4xe.jpg

CONGRATS to the winners for January!

li0fo7is7199.png

CONGRATS to the winners for Week 5 - January!

rgc884z7sr9u.png
    This discussion has been closed.