mikehikemike
mikehikemike Posts: 3,448 Member
Good morning men.

Replies

• shenry111
    shenry111 Posts: 4,117 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Frankie woke me up at 4:20 again this morning. I don't know what I'm going to do with that girl. I am hoping that she will get back on track when daylight savings time comes.

Down 8.2 pounds in two weeks. I'm happy. One more week and then I get to start slowly adding some foods back in.

I got a lot done yesterday. I hope to do more of the same today. I'm slowly waking up this morning. As tired as I am, once I am up I am up. I find it hard to go back to bed after being outside with the dog. I will likely take a nap this afternoon.

Have a great day!
  • mikehikemike
    Options
    Heading out for some icefishing with my son-in-law and his two boys, their first time out on a pond icefishing. It’s now 9º, but supposed to”warm up” to high 20’s by the time we meet, 30’s in afternoon. I’ll get there early and start a fire. At least the sun will be out…?

They’ll probably never speak to me again.

Went for a nice hike yesterday afternoon, along Moccasin Brook through a pine forest to the Swift River, and circled back, a large forest preserve, a few miles. Did see two couples, usually nobody there. There’s shelves of ice hanging from the riverbank out over the water, from where it flooded and froze earlier this winter, and the ground is partly bare and frozen or muddy, and partly snow and ice covered. No wildlife to speak of.

My lower a-fib medication dose seems to be holding up, although I have had more palpitations than usual, PVC’s, which I have always had.

Woke too early this morning, but I’m up, so moving on with the day’s events.

Sam, crikey with that knee. Just show up at the doctor’s with a fake mannequin leg and ask if he can reattach it; maybe that’ll get his attention. Jeesh!

• manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,669 Member
    edited February 25
    Options
    Mornin' gents.

Still dark. Can't wait to go forward in two weeks to have earlier light.
    Yup, that is cold for icefishing. A fire will be nice. Do you build the fire out on the ice?
    Congrats on the loss, Steve.
    As I mentioned before, my Rheum doc nudged me about getting my weight down. He did admit that the BMI is flawed, after I showed him a photo of me 8 years ago at 225 (BMI of 30 or obese and I had a body fat of 12%). He then realized that I am not really 100lbs overweight, only 45lbs. Still, this dude needs to shed that 45lbs and keep it off.
    Any progress with knee and shoulder, Sam?

Onward and downward ;-)
  • mikehikemike
    Options
    We’ve developed a sophisticated design for campfires on the ice. Two upside down garbage can lids on metal legs with wooden feet. It melts a hole in the ice much slower.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,918 Member
    Options
    Good morning gentlemen.

Your hikes always sound great to me, Mike.

I haven't lost any weight for 10 days. But, after gaining three lbs. I am back where I was 10 days ago. I am at my old WW goal weight, but back them it was concentrated more in major muscle groups. Now it's softer. I want to lose another seven to 10 lbs. I long to be in the 160s again.

Walked 5.2 miles with Sassy, yesterday. The best part was that I had very little pain in either hip or leg. Felt great.

Church this morning, maybe a rainy walk (sans-Sassy) this afternoon.
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,569 Member
    Options
    Good Morning

Sam, I am sorry this wonky knee thing continues. Have they come up with any solution?

We will miss the Bob & Dave’s stormy weather passing to the North which is OK with me. I didn’t get out yesterday as my stomach went south on me as the day went on. I presume it is from the trip. So I rested, ate carefully, and by bed time it had calmed back down. So I will get walking again today. I am supposed to be making a double batch of Hungarian Goulash since stew meat was on sale. Whether I will be able to eat it or not is another story.
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,095 Member
    Options
    Sorry about Frankie wakin ya up Steve.

No ice fishing here Mike. We could get some "graupel" and or mixed precipitation early Monday and/or Tuesday but temps too warm for snow below the hills of PDX.

I haven't lost weight either lately and need to buckle down.

Off to
    WW meeting.