February 21-27, 2024

Options
SarahMaxx
SarahMaxx Posts: 1,939 Member
LW: 128.2
LW: 129.8

Sorry to be so late posting. It has been a day! (No, actually, it has been a week!) Last week I mentioned that I was lucky to be weighing in at the bottom of my arc. This week there has been no arc. I quickly bounced from 128.2 to 129.8 and literally stayed there all week.

I just heard my timer go off downstairs, so I need to run, but I will be back tomorrow to chat. Kelly, I can really relate to your anxiety. Right now, it feels like I have ice in my tummy. Know the feeling?

Later ladies. :smile:

Replies

• SarahMaxx
    Options
    Well, it's another day, and another day that I weighed 129.8! I remember years ago when I was stuck at 142.8 for what seemed like weeks. Things have been so stressful for the past month, that I suppose I should be grateful that I'm still in that 128-130 zone. To add to the car, the sewer pipes and house issues, and my accident, we also had a death in our family this week. It was my last uncle. At one time, I had five on my Mom's side and seven on my Dad's side, but now all of them are gone. With all that is going on here, including that hubby's workload has just exploded and that my back is not up to travel, we did not try to make it down to NC.

Kelly, I also deal with anxiety, and recently, I've had that knot in my stomach feeling more than I'd like. Is there anything you do to help with yours? Once, a coworker loaned me a tape that was supposed to include subliminal messages that would help with anxiety, but I think it actually made me more anxious! I do think that getting some activity in helps, and it also helps if I get out with people.

We still have not contacted our homeowner's insurance about the sewer pipe replacement. It turned out that I could not first submit a claim online. That function can only handle more minor things. We will need to speak to a representative, and there are still a few estimates we need. After rescheduling an earlier appointment, the flooring people did finally get here today to determine how difficult it will be to remove the current LVP and to measure for its replacement. And you won't believe this--I also noticed something going on near on front door on the ground level. Hubby took a couple of photos and sent them to a friend who owns a home construction company, and he said years of wetness and freezing and thawing (the house is 52 years old) can sometimes cause these types of problems. Oy Vey! I don't think we'll deal with this, however, until the other stuff is out of the way.

My visit to orthopedic surgeon went okay. He confirmed that there were no new fractures, said that the damage is muscle and soft tissue, and he referred me for physical therapy. I went for my third session today, and I do think it's helping. He also put me on a prescription anti-inflammatory drug for two weeks. I had not been taking anything since neither tylenol nor advil helped the pain. The physical therapist said that the fact that I'm active probably kept me from being as severely injured as I might have been. She also told me that she's a fan of Bone Builders and refers a lot of people to that program.

Besides house issues and injuries, hubby's work has been just crazy. Yesterday, we had an appointment with our financial advisor at 1 p.m., but I had to go alone. Hubby's phone started ringing before we could even get out of bed, and he said it was 1:30 before he was able to eat breakfast. It's like we're on a merry-go-round that suddenly speeded up and just won't stop!

Lois, with new computer system, it sounds like you're experiencing some of that. I hope that it runs as smoothly as it can. And I'm glad you enjoyed your time at Disney. I hope that Sheesh is having a great time in Mexico.

Well, hubby says we have to leave out of here in 15 minutes, so have to run.

• SarahMaxx
    Options
    Because I suddenly had to run, I forgot to add my 7-day averages for last week. I know that I'm the only one capturing these, but knowing that I'm going to share these does help keep me motivated.

Steps = 10,097
    Kcals burned = 1,637
    Stairs = 11 floors

(It's getting lonely in here! LOL)
  • GaGasheesh
    GaGasheesh Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies :) I'm back, and we had a very fun trip. Kelly, welcome back. :) Were you on the Pacific side of Mexico? We were on the Caribbean side, further down the coast from Playa Del Carmen. We had great weather, other than one afternoon with a few showers. Hubby and I went to the pool that day anyway because there was nobody there, lol. The resort we went to was huge! There are FIVE hotels on the property, one of them adults only. We did a lot of walking up and down the beach, checking out the whole resort. I got plenty of walking! It's miles of coastline. It's an all inclusive resort, and you can go to all the hotels, their pools, restaurants, etc. There's a mall on property and an urgent care medical clinic. HUGE. We had plenty to do, but spent a lot of time relaxing. I have a little bit of tan (even though I used sunblock and wore a hat). You have to make reservations for dinner at the nicer restaurants (not buffets or bars), and getting those was the only difficult part. Some of our dinner reservations were for 9 pm. Anyway, we had a good time. We were glad to find lots of activities for kids and teens because we're going back there with our family in December.

I drank only bottled water, beer, and a few shots of Don Julio Blanco (because it's the best and was free, lol) because I have a had problems with Montezuma's Revenege in past trips to Mexico. But this trip, I was fine, thank goodness. But, I drank more than I ever do at home, and of course the eating . . . Lordy. I texted my trainer, who went to this same resort, and told her I'll need extra fat burning workouts when back. She laughed, but she's coming today, and I'm not looking forward to it. I haven't weighed yet, hoping that by jumping right back on track and drinking lots of water will help before Wednesday. I'm still trying to catch up on laundry, shopping, etc.

Sarah, anybody with plumbing and house repair issues would be crazy to NOT have anxiety. I have my issues with it also. I have found that listening to hypnosis (just YouTube) at night as I go to sleep really helps. Also, the best counseling I got was to focus only on what's in front of me now. Bringing my thoughts back to the present moment, and when they wander, to tell myself "that's a tomorrow problem for tomorrow me, and I know I'll be fine because I can handle difficult things". I think anxiety is a problem that intelligent people suffer more because they can anticipate and imagine the worst, believing that if they think about it enough, they will avoid negative events and outcomes. In the end, it's fear, and fear that is only sometimes justified, but a lot of the time the worst doesn't happen. Is it worth it then? That's the question that usually is answered "no". It's a struggle for me though. I am a worrier too. The only thing that helps me is to set it aside, and do something. By the way, your activity numbers are great, and you've stayed under 130 for a long time. Good for you! I'm sure you'll do great in PT and your injury will heal soon.

Kelly, I'm glad you'll be getting a break between hockey seasons. I talked to a number of people from Canada at the resort in Mexico. They ALL have kids in hockey! One young dad had his boys there, and he was also on a team. It made me think of you and Shawn. It's a lifestyle for you Canadians. ;)

Lois, I'm sending my thoughts to you as you work so hard with new software and it sounds like, slacker workers. Glad you're home safely and had a great time.

Gotta run to my workout . . . wish me luck. :#

• GaGasheesh
    GaGasheesh Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
  • Lastchancelj
    Lastchancelj Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Just a quick jot.

Kelly - so glad you're back
    Sheesh - your trip sounds amazing and I love how much fun you have no matter where you go. Your trainer will get you back where you need to be
    Sarah - my heart goes out to you. It's been a challenging time for you and I hope it eases up for you.

Software - usually I LOVE software. This one is driving me batshit crazy and of course the sales peeps are SELLING, which is what will pay for the software, so we may have to adjust our timeline just for when the backlog needs to be completely entered. Anyhow, every time I turn around I can't get into anything and I find I need yet another update. After getting seriously frustrated in my meeting just an hour ago, the software trainers discovered the udpate issues and validated my frustrations. I'm not an idiot!! UGH.

Anyhow, hubby and I are going to be 60 this year. And I've posted about our friends losing their parents and two more have passed on in the past week or two. We know their heartache and offer our love. The last two who passed were in their 90s!!

I may have mentioned our friend's daughter is expecting and they will be grandparents in May. My son and his wife and us have donated pretty much all of our baby stuff to them. My son took his truck full of the crib, two pack n plays, nappers, a momarooo, and some other parapharnalia. Well, with my Disney trip, I did not have room to bring the rest so Frankie (our best man - hubby's best friend and future grandpa) and my best friend (groomsman, godfather to my daughter), Roman, drove out here for the weekend and we sent them home with two strollers, a slide, a high chair, and infant seat for the stroller, two boxes of misc stuff and toys and a rail for the crib when they convert to a toddler bed and even more. It felt great to give them everything and it was even more awesome for them to hang out for two days just visiting! I was bummed when they drove away yesterday. It's still sad to think that Rhea will be an only child, but at the same time, we know how blessed we are to have her and enjoy all of our time with her. Rhea and her family were able to come up Sunday afternoon for a quick visit as Frankie and Roman decided (about 3pm) that they were going to stay another night.

I have not been exercising, nor eating any sort of planning and I'm feeling it. My weight has gone up since Disneyland but until I find what will work, I'm not even trying to be honest. I'm going to cancel the optavia plan. I don't like the way I feel when I rely on that food.