• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,330 Member
    Options
    My February Goals are:
    *stick with Keto
    *use my home gym 5x a week for 30 minutes
    *meal prep with my daughter's help
    *drink 140 oz of water daily
    *get in at least 6 hours of sleep (I am still in a soft cast and then I will be in a hard cast for 8 weeks) then hopefully I can start PT (it has been a lonnnnnng road and 8 surgeries later)

No goals this month for me ... I had to have a 9th surgery which happened on 2/7/24...
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,116 Member
    Options
    My February Goals are:
    *stick with Keto
    *get in at least 6 hours of sleep (I am still in a soft cast and then I will be in a hard cast for 8 weeks) then hopefully I can start PT (it has been a lonnnnnng road and 8 surgeries later)

No goals this month for me ... I had to have a 9th surgery which happened on 2/7/24...

Understandable and wise choice. Get well.
  • rileysowner
    Options
    This week is not going well. Yes, I have been keeping carbs low, but calories are a different story. On top of that, yesterday's workout was cut short because I seem to have aggravated something in my right knee. I got through one round, sort of, but called it quits after that. I hope it feels better by tomorrow, as I am just starting to really feel the benefits of the strength training I am doing. Hopefully, I can buckle down on the calories for the remainder of the week. The positive was having a Cobb salad when I was out with my darling wife on Valentine's Day. Swapped out the Honey Dijon dressing it came with for Ranch on the side. I know the salad itself would not have a lot of carbs, so I take it as a win.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    My February Goals are:
    *stick with Keto

Understandable and wise choice. Get well.

Thank you :)
  • rileysowner
    Options
    A good electrolyte mix will help with the keto flu just make sure it isn't sweetened with carbs.
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 let this be the final one on your road to recovery!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 let this be the final one on your road to recovery!

I am crossing my fingers that this is the last one ... 9 surgeries is too many for this girl ...Thank you :)
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I too am not loving the last week or so. My appetite has been crazy and I’m just not feeling it in general. My focus on sleep quality has definitely helped but now my stress levels are high, resulting in not recovering well day to day. Even when I’m relaxing and not doing much, my Oura ring is registering physiological stress. So now I need to tackle that because I am seeing it result in weight gain. I am also going to go carnivore for the time being just to see how I feel. If there’s an improvement ( there usually is) I may stick with it for the time being.
  • rileysowner
    Options
    Yesterday my low back muscles decided that cramping up would be a good idea. I am still in a fair amount of discomfort, so workouts are on hold at the moment.
  • tishsmith101
    Options
    2/21/24

Planning ahead ✅
    Staying under carbs-aiming for 60 net or under daily ✅
    Logging and measuring ✅
    Getting in exercise/movement at least 20 min a day-Getting in about 3.5 hours for the week just not 20 min/day.
    Jan SW 179
    Feb SW 175.5
    CW 174.5 Same as last week (but down from 177 on Sunday LOL)
    Feb GW 171

Still stressed at work which is causing the urge to binge but luckily I have nothing in the house to binge on!
  • tishsmith101
    Options
    Did a good leg workout at group training last night so I'm going to be sore for a couple days. This part I don't mind. What I don't like is I've been run down and now have a cold and feel miserable. I need to make some soup.
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Appetite is still going strong. I saw my nurse practitioner this week for a physical so we’ll chat at the end of the week about my labs. So far they look to be coming in with normal ranges. Nothing is really explaining my weight gain except for hormones. Blood pressure was up a bit too so I’ll be checking it daily to see if it was white coat syndrome or is really elevated. I’m sticking with fairly full on carnivore to see how things go and if I see any differences. I don’t get how our medical practitioners are fine with telling us that it’s normal to gain weight and feel wonky as we age. Just accept it and move on. I guess I’ll just figure this out on my own!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    taylok23 wrote: »
    Appetite is still going strong. I saw my nurse practitioner this week for a physical so we’ll chat at the end of the week about my labs. So far they look to be coming in with normal ranges. Nothing is really explaining my weight gain except for hormones. Blood pressure was up a bit too so I’ll be checking it daily to see if it was white coat syndrome or is really elevated. I’m sticking with fairly full on carnivore to see how things go and if I see any differences. I don’t get how our medical practitioners are fine with telling us that it’s normal to gain weight and feel wonky as we age. Just accept it and move on. I guess I’ll just figure this out on my own!

Yeah the dismissiveness is really aggravating. I gained 40lbs in 6 months. Labs look fine, so "oh well" you're just descending into dumpy, swamp-hag in accordance with the prophecy, too bad. :rage: My change to a few bad habits explains half-that. The rest is... a case of "the old heifer". *epiceyeroll*
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    ok. Ending this month doing better with the exercise until I tweaked my back yesterday. UGH. So resting yesterday and today through the weekend to let it heal so I can get back to work.

My dummy scale has finally settled back down to 205.4. For now.
    Onward and downward, I hope
  • rileysowner
    Options
    I didn't make all my goals. Weight loss didn't happen the way I wanted. I lost a bit, but not the 5 pounds I would have liked to. I worked out except for when injured my back, but got back to it once things improved. Other than the work dinner, I ate keto the whole month, so overall I consider it a win.