March 6-12, 2024

Options
SarahMaxx
SarahMaxx Posts: 1,939 Member
LW: 129.4
TW: 128.6

Hi, all. I wanted to post earlier today, but MFP was acting up when I tried to log food, so I decided to stop and give the MFP tech folks time to fix whatever was going on.

I was happy with the scale this morning, but I think this lower number is due to the fact that I had to go “nothing by mouth” after midnight last night for a blood draw this morning. Typically, I weigh after drinking a huge mug of coffee, as well as some other fluids between midnight and when I weigh in.

The pipe work is set to begin on Monday, March 18th, and they hope to have the plumbing company’s part accomplished in about 3-4 days. Then will come the flooring, walls, landscaping, etc. I’m really surprising myself by not being more upset than I am. I really hate the fact that we can’t duplicate the floor in the basement family room, and I’m really hoping the older brick work out front will not be affected, but all in all, my attitude has remained one of gratitude that we can pay the bill if the insurance doesn’t cover, and none of this can compare to serious health issue or something of that caliber. I am typically such a worrier, that this is almost unnatural for me.

My PT is still going well. I have discomfort sometimes, but it’s improving. My doctor’s visit today was for another cholesterol check. It had gone up when it was checked in early December, but since that was right after Thanksgiving, she wanted to check it again in 3 months. Once we get the house situation behind us, I’ll go to the cardiologist she recommends for his feedback on my cholesterol and BP. I’m thankful she’s conservative in her treatments and respectful of my position on statins, given the problem I already have with muscle cramps. Mentioning muscles, I laughingly told my physical therapist that I was absent the day God gave out flexibility and rhythm, and she said “But your muscles are strong, and I’d prefer strength any day.” That made me feel a little better.

I have been thinking a little about some goals and some changes I can make during this new year. My doc asked this morning if I have made any changes to my diet since she saw me last, and I had to admit that I really haven’t. And I think there are some things I did way back in 2010 that helped get me down from 156, that I can do again. This includes not buttering bread (although buttered bread is one of my favorite foods), have sweets-free days each week, and weighing foods more consistently. I think a small notebook in the kitchen will help, too. I always think I’ll remember how much something weighed, and then when I log my food, I’m no longer sure. Sometimes, my brain is a sieve.

Sheesh, I hope your hubby is over Covid and that you did not catch it. It does seem like cases are up a bit out my way. I had to mask up at the docs today and we’ve had several friends come down with it during the past couple of weeks.
Hopefully Lois and Kelly will have time to post soon. I remember what it was like when I was working. In some ways, I miss work, but I remember how at times, it just enveloped my time. As we passed by an office building last night, I jokingly said to hubby, “Look—there’s only one car at that building and it’s not even 10 p.m., yet! (As a government contractor, staying nights to write proposal was just part of my game.)

Well, before I go, here are my 7-day averages:
Steps = 10,812
Kcals burned = 1,696
Stairs = 12

Looking forward to hearing from everyone. I miss the days when we chatted more often here.

Replies

• wiredkell
    wiredkell Posts: 676 Member
    edited March 8
    Options
    I'll start by saying I had a whole post typed out yesterday and it didn't post.. ugh
    What's new here:
    - Our daughter's hockey playoffs ended quickly, unfortunately. But just when we thought we'd get a break until May, she got called up to practice with one of the 2 U18AAA female teams in our city. She's only 14 (and a young 14 with her birthday being in December), so that's pretty awesome. She played with 17 year olds and managed to keep up. She also got recruited to play Spring hockey, which is all of April & May. It's an honor for her to be asked and this is an important year for her, since it'll be the first year she's eligible to be drafted for the AAA level, so we couldn't turn down the opportunity for her since she really wants it.
    - Our son's hockey playoffs are still happening, with his next game being tomorrow. Whether he wins or loses, his team will still be in, as it's a double knock out situation for him. He's also been trying to get his 45 required driving hours in with his learner's, but with our snow situation lately, it's been difficult. He'll be eligible to go for his full licence in May, just not sure we'll be ready for that lol
    - On top of hockey, then we have ball hockey for both kids in all of May & June.
    - ... and on top of ALLLLL of that... we have decided to put our house up for sale by the end of the month/beginning of April. OMG what a time. Now that we have the cabin, it's just time to downsize. We want to move back to our old neighbourhood and into a bungalow, but there are very few houses that come up for sale there. So.. we need to sell our house first, in order to be in the position to put in a non-conditional offer on one. The thought of not having a house to go to is terrifying, but we'll figure it out. Luckily we have the kids Mom that is willing to help out with the kids and our pup and has even offered to have us stay there in her basement if we need, but that's definitely a last resort lol

So that's our life as of right now. I honestly haven't had a ton of time to pay attention to myself lately, but I'm hoping I can get there. I have been going on the treadmill every morning before work, for thepast 3 days, so that's something. My anxiety has been somewhat under control, but my feeling of overwhelmingness has been crazy.. obviously. I want to find some time to do some meditation to help with the stress, so that' my goal for this weekend.

Sarah - Omigoodness.. it's great that your house repairs are finally starting and that you're feeling somewhat okay about them. I know how stressful that could potentially be, but great job on keeping it together. Also, that's great to hear the PT is going well and that your therapist called you strong! Woot woot.

Sheesh - Hope your hubby is on the mend from covid and hopefully you didn't end up with it as well. There's lots of colds going around here lately too, and I'm sure covid is one of them. Someone from our group at my brother's wedding ended up with covid when he got home, but no one else did as far as I know.

Lois - It was great to read about your trip and see a couple pics on FB.

I'll check back later to see if anyone else posted, otherwise, I hope everyone has a great weekend.
  • Lastchancelj
    Lastchancelj Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    So so sorry. Sarah - your comment about missing our chats really hit home. I miss that as well and will do better checking in. I don't know why I haven't been on as much - sometimes still feeling the debbie downer person, but I'm working through some of that myself. And blessings to you for keeping your cool with the upcoming repairs - remember to breathe.

Sheesh - so sorry to hear hubby's ill and with covid. UGH. That crap is here to stay and that's just BS. Every time we sneeze or cough, I no longer just worry about it becoming bronchitis or pneumonia (remember when THOSE were the illnesses we worried about?), but the dang Covid and it's ugly issues. Anyhow, I hope he's on the mend quickly and you remain healthy. Hoping you all had an amazing trip.

Kelly - that is so exciting about the kids and their hockey. And I feel for you with your son and getting to drive. We remember that feeling so well. Good luck with selling the house and finding another that works for you and your family. And I am so happy you guys are blessed with a great relationship with the kid's mom. I wish my parents had a better relationship when I was a kid. They were great after we were grown, but not so much when I was a kid.

Work. Yes, the software was sold as being a bit more robust than it is. I was having challenges early last week, and they told me I was on the wrong version and I had to go into the office to connect directly to our server for the updates. So I was in last Wednesday and made a spot training opportunity for others to come and meet with me in a conference room (update was done as soon as I walked in the door, the IT guy was available to jump on and download everything). As I worked with several of the design team to get them queued up, I didn't work on my system, but theirs. Thursday morning, my versions are updated, but things are wackier than they were on Tuesday. They told me again I had to go to the office for the update and I just about lost it in our Teams meeting with our trainer. Trainer and I traded emails and I had sent several screen shots - AGAIN. And they finally got me up and running on Tuesday (how? the trainer had to jump on and push something through!), so I had lost four business days and the weekend to get the backlog entered and figure out the system quirks to share with my sales team when I release the live access next week. Anyhow, it has been beyond frustrating. I'm now entering the backlog and relaying notes back to the purchasing team of several options that are missing or accessible by the wrong team (Sales and design studio can't select each other's options, but they're flip-flopped on so so many). So I'm about half way through my list and have to skip over two communities until they get updated. At least it's not my last community to enter. This may also push back my releasing the live site to the sales team as they will get frustrated and give up I'm sure.

Anyhow, after going into the office last Wednesday, Thursday evening about 2am (Friday morning then), I woke up as I couldn't breathe. I use a cpap, so air is forced into my nose, but my sinuses were all backed up and had the worst headache. Ended up with a dang head cold. WHY?!?!?!? I felt so crappy on Saturday and Sunday. Sat and slept on the recliner both days and even cancelled Rhea time. I haven't really seen here for a month now. I felt like I was run over by a mack truck. Monday I was still nasally, but felt like the tide had turned. Tuesday and Wednesday it moved to my throat so I had no voice - none. Today I'm feeling much better. Still a little bit of the sniffles, but not like I did last Friday that's for sure. Negative for Covid - thank goodness and super thankful that it didn't get to my lungs, stopped at my throat so no bronchitis!!

Ok so time for some happy news. Tuesday Magic Key passes (annual Disneyland passes) went on sale again. And we GOT OURS!!! Hubby and I are now annual pass holders for the happiest place on earth!! I had tried several times before without success (and didn't tell hubby). This round, hubby alerted me that the passes were going to be available Tuesday morning. So I texted him (again - no voice), that I had 3 meetings on Tuesday and he'd have to get them. Then came the questions... where do I go, I can't find the link... again - no voice. I was able to log on my system as well. Once the link went I live, I connected and then texted him to go go go. I walked over to where he is set up and helped him find the link. OMG. So, literally just signed off a meeting and MY screen said "it's your turn".. Just about an hour and we were able to buy them. Last time I was online from 10am - 735p and they just sold out as I was being pushed to the purchase site. So happy we got them. I really wanted to buy 7 for my kids and Rhea as well, but because we're not local, and we'd be visiting during breaks, we had to go top tier at $1,650 each - and that was just an entire vacation budget. The passes get us into the parks and saves on daily parking lots (not hotel parking - grrr - fine print). Sometimes it will have savings on hotel stays at DL hotel and even some of the "good neighbor" hotels. So, now hubby and I are working on when to go next. Possibly in April, but it would be my son's anniversary weekend, so I'm going to see if we can take Rhea with us and give them a couple of nights alone. So that's very exciting for us. Getting the passes is part of my retirement goal so that when we don't have anything to do or can't think of anywhere to go, we can pop on over to the happy place. The only black out dates we have is between Christmas and New Year. So that will work for us.

I will do better about popping in more often and updating more often as well. Gotta get back to work..

• wiredkell
    wiredkell Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Lois - you're definitely not the only one that feels like the Debbie Downer on here. I often read these posts and don't bother commenting because I'm feeling like everything I have to say is negative or that nothing "good" is happening on my end. I'm going to start posting and commenting on posts more often, even if they're just a couple 1 liners here and there.
    BTW, so great about the passes you got! I could hear the enthusiasm in the tone of your writing <3
  • SarahMaxx
    SarahMaxx Posts: 1,939 Member
    Options
    Lois, I so appreciate the kind words and the blessing (which I really need). Sometimes staying positive backfires and keeps me from getting the support I still need. So thank you, and I do hope that we can all visit here a little more often since we've made it through the winter holidays. I send blessings back to you for all the stress that new system is causing and all that extra work. I remember what it was like when the federal goverment adopted a bunch of new software and systems. It was brutal for a while, and I was only a user and not in charge of implementing and training. So hang in there!

And wow, Kelly. You do have a lot on your plate with the kids' hockey and the selling of the house. You know I also deal with anxiety and selling a house is very anxiety-producing venture under the best of circumstances. Keeping my fingers crossed that something in your former community comes on the market soon. I really find that as bad as I hate my TM at times, just walking a nice steady pace while watching something mindless like "The Office" reruns can sometimes help relax some of those knots in my tummy. I used to listen to some of those AMSR tapes. I realized that listening to music in the distance, especially if I could hear the rhythm of the bass or some drums, really helped me relax. I used to love spring afternoons when I could barely hear the high school band practicing in the distance. And I also used to sign in early for Skype meetings because the on-hold music was so relaxing. Sometimes I held for meeting, I didn't even have to attend! LOL

I hope that Sheesh can post soon. I'm beginning to worry and hope that her hubby has recovered and that she has remained well.

Well, I just got a text asking me to call a friend, so I better do so. I will check back later. I am hoping today will be a better one for me. My back acted up a bit yesterday and I had low energy, too. Ended the day not making my step goal and having almost no kcal deficit either. Can't let that be a trend. But today's another day--and it's Friday. Hope it's a good one for all. :smile:
  • GaGasheesh
    GaGasheesh Posts: 1,107 Member
    edited March 8
    Options
    LW: 136.6
    TW: 136.2

Slow reduction, of course. It always goes on fast and comes off slow!

I tried to post on Wednesday, but found I couldn't log in. Then yesterday got away from me with a busy day, my trainer, etc. So, I'm here, and feeling fine. Hubby was negative as of last Saturday morning. I tested twice during his bout with it, just to check, but never got it, thank goodness. However, I notice my allergy season has kicked in already. :|

Hubby got better just in time for us to keep our tickets and go see "MJ The Musical". Wow. I highly recommend it if you happen to be able to see it. Michael Jackson was such a great talent.

Sarah, thank goodness your home project is finally underway, and you seem to have a good outlook about it. I'm sure it will be disruptive, but soon you'll have it done, and the problems all addressed and resolved. And, I was glad your PT is working and you're feeling better and better. Arent' you glad your muscles are strong, as your therapist told you? I'm sure you'll recover faster because of that. Your activity is still really great, and I'm so envious of your being under 130. I hope I can make that goal over the next months. Good luck on your blood test results.

Lois, I'm so happy for you getting your Disney passes :D So, when is your next trip there, lol? I hope your cold has passed, or is on its way out. I'm sorry you're dealing with so much frustration at work with the new software. It sounds like the brunt of it is so much on you. What would that company do without you? That's a lot of stress. I'm sending my thoughts your way to get through it, and soon. And then, take a trip to Disneyland ;)

Kelly, when I read your posts, the memories of my children being in athletics, piano, Tai Kwon Do, etc come flooding back to me. . such a busy and very stressful time of life. I had to get into car pools, etc to help with the transport of kids to their stuff. My children were pretty far apart in age, so they were going in completely different directions, including the schools they attended. It was TOUGH. My hubby was in sales, and thank goodness had some freedom in his job, so he could help out. Also, friends whose kids were in the same activities. And now, house hunting and moving added on. About all you can do is get through one day at a time. Hang in there.

I don't know whether I told you ladies about my BIL having had a scare with his heart last November. Years ago, he had a major heart attack, and they put a device in his heart, which saved his life this last time. Since then, he's been dealing with a lot of doctor visits and tests. They've decided to monitor his heart for a time to see if there's anything new going on. It's been hard on my sister, and she's been doing more to try to keep him from exerting. She's not in great shape herself. Talking to her today, I'm concerned, and frustrated because they are at their second home in southern Utah for the last month, and she has no help. Her kids are all in and around Salt Lake, as well as her siblings. I think her kids keep in touch really well, but still, they're 4 - 5 hours away. Also, having a second home is harder on him and her with upkeep. I'm not sure what I can do.

As for me, I can't complain as hubby and I are about as good as can be expected at our age. I wish he would workout more, but his workouts with his brother have fallen by the way side, and he seems to be waiting for golf season to start, lol.

Hope you all have a good weekend.