honey crisp apple
    sushi bowl

the end

HAGDE!
  • Mihani
    Mihani Posts: 3,896 Member
    Options
    Thanks for getting things started Nanc!

I need to get on laundry and start setting up for the party plus make food although I'm mostly doing easy stuff and others are bringing dishes. Better get busy!
  • magic71755
    magic71755 Posts: 3,765 Member
    Options
    Hope you had a great party πŸŽ‰ πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰, Mihani!
  • Mihani
    Options
    Whew... party is over. It went great and a good time was had by all. It has been a long time since I've hosted a party but I was pretty organized and did a lot ahead of time so I wasn't all stressed out and scrambling yesterday. I think there were 22 people here altogether.

I'll be going back to bed for a while, I'm sure.

Tomorrow I'm getting back to better habits. Been too much junky stuff and bread the past few weeks.
  • magic71755
    Options
    So happy your party was a huge success, Mihani. That is quite an undertaking...22 people. Here's to your SASSY SIXTIETH!

TODAY
    coffee
    bean burrito
    gardein small burger with LTO, ketchup and a bit of veganaise
    sushi bowl
    fruit for dessert

HAGDE!
  • magic71755
    Options
    Hmmmmmmm...

coffee
    bean burrito
    sandwich
    sushi bowl
    grapes
    chips and avocado

not the best selection...oh well...at least I posted it.

HAND! (have a nice day)
  • Carla_wfpb
    Carla_wfpb Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    I'm glad your party was a great success, Mihani. I forgot that it was your 60th...that is a special one! Good to celebrate the milestones.

• magic71755
    edited March 6
    Options
    let's see...what's on the menu today?

coffee
    bean burrito
    gardein small burger (they do not sell them anymore in the market or even whole foods...have to buy them at Natural Grocers...I get them when I have my hair cut, since the store is in Scottsdale...
    m3y0tag4bn5m.png

on a Dave's Killer burger bun...with ketchup and a touch of veganaise
    chips and salsa
    Forager yogurt and granola
    grapes

the end. HANDE!

• Carla_wfpb
    Options
    I've lost track of which baskets I've posted, but I don't think I've shown these ones yet. I like the look of the sisal/jute and rope one, but that sisal stinks of chemicals! I had to be quick and then get it out of my room and seal it up. It's really rough to work with too. I am on the lookout for a natural but softer alternative. I found a chemical free sisal, but my hands and sewing machine would like something less rough and flaky.

xv29zi4mskm9.jpg

We had Vietnamese lettuce wraps for dinner last night and will repeat tonight. Fresh and wonderful. There was fresh chopped mint in there that was soooo good!
  • Mihani
    Options
    Hi all, got back to work and post-party real life Monday, then I got really sick Monday late afternoon and had to come home and basically spent all day yesterday in bed! That really sucked. Got back to work today but was happy to get home, and on time, so I can go back to bed. I hope by tomorrow I'll be completely over this.

Carla, love those baskets!

Nanc, I've never tried a gardein burger. I used to buy the "chicken" tenders sometimes.

I am not eating much at all the past couple days just little bits of dry toast and almond yogurt.

• magic71755
    Options
    up and at em...

hope u feel better, Mihani

coffee
    bean burrito
    gardein burger
    not sure what's for dinner
    grapes

later.
  • Carla_wfpb
    Options
    That's lousy, Mihani. I hope you're feeling better soon! If you have miso paste on hand you can always make a broth to go with your toast. Something nice and comforting.

I'm keeping up with my walks with the dogs and a small but steady amount of VR movement every day. Next week, I'll add a bit more VR. Building up slowly is the goal for March.
  • Mihani
    Options
    Carla... oh yeah, I forgot I also had a couple cups of miso tea the first day, when I remembered you mentioned that a while back.

Your menu sounds good Nanc.

Today was pretty exciting... had a little bit of oats with almond milk yogurt! That and some plain rice and a piece of toast and a banana throughout the day. I am not sure if I feel like eating anything else. Put in a good full day today and ready to go back to bed now that I'm home. Maybe miso tea now that I'm thinking about it. :)

• magic71755
    Options
    up in the middle of the night...glad u r feeling better. M!

food is pretty much the same

spring cleaning sat and sun

last two test on Monday across town

work is going great...made a plan to pay off house and buy out lease on car when it comes due.

that's all. hagde!
  • Carla_wfpb
    Options
    Happy Friday!

I hope you can get some rest over the weekend, Mihani.

Spring cleaning sounds like a good plan, Nanc. I need to get back into that too. Happy to hear that work is going so well!

My brain is fuzzy from lack of sleep. For the last month or longer, I've been in a pattern of having difficulty getting to sleep and then waking up way too early. I've gotten in a lot of reading, but I am ready to have an uninterrupted full 8 hours of sleep again. Maybe once I ramp my exercise back up, I'll sleep better.

Don't forget about daylight savings this weekend!
  • Mihani
    Options
    Great work on the budgeting, Nanc! Have fun with spring cleaning.

Carla, have you tried any of the nighttime teas? Sometimes those help me sleep.

Going to the office tomorrow. Put in long days yesterday and today. I am hoping to get a little catching up done tomorrow.

Stopped at the grab and go and got a few things. I am craving veggies so much after a week of nothing much. I am a little afraid to try raw veggies yet but I got a couple things with cooked veggies and a big container of veggie soup.

• magic71755
    edited March 10
    Options
    loads of veg and potatoes...stopped all processed food...let's see how long I go.

feeling lazy on my spring clean-up weekend...πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„β€¦just concentrating on laundry, the kitchen and prepping food.

hagde
  • Mihani
    Options
    Busy day so far. Two loads of laundry and cleaned out the fridge and freezer before 10:00 am. Then got a shower and went to visit some friends for a couple hours. Stopped at the grocery and finally home. Now I need to eat some lunch and get up to my desk to get some work done.

Feels good to be able to eat again! I can't eat much at a time but that's not a bad thing. I'd be happy if my appetite stayed like this, but past experience tells me it won't. LOL
  • magic71755
    edited March 11
    Options
    Up and at em...

coffee
    mashed potatoes and spinach
    baked potato and broc and green beans
    homemade fries (air fryer) and herb salad with carrots/cukes/purple cabbage/bell peppers
    small apple

Started a Mary's Mini last Saturday...love it. If you don't know what it is, here is a YouTuber that explains it pretty well (It is from Dr. McDougal's wife, Mary...based on his Starch Solution but with very little variety...the YouTUBE explains it better than I can)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN_ySi5aZRM&t=629s

HAGDE!
  • Mihani
    Options
    Hi Nanc, I love doing the Mary's Mini periodically. Seems to really help get good habits back on track quickly.

I'm still feeling a bit "off" from being sick. Just not quite back to 100%. Eating light. Had a smoothie this morning and have soup and fruit to take for lunch.