Meghan509 Posts: 1,964 Member
Spring is on tap! Let's do this!!
ยซ1

Replies

• Meghan509
    Options
    Happy Friday!

Hope you have a good day and a nice weekend ahead.

The usual low key weekend on tap here with no big plans other than relaxation. LOL

Happy March!! The first day of spring is Tuesday, March 19! We got this! We are currently sitting at a cool 33 degrees F today but at least it is sunny. Supposed to be kind of rainy next week but no snow which is good!

Hope all is well and those kiddos are treating you well, @KateNkognito!

Today is shaping up to be an easy day working from home. Fingers crossed. Yesterday was another crazy day up until 3:00pm when it finally settled down sigh...

Have a good day and a good weekend.
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    I am glad it is the weekend! I live such a wild life. I am going to do laundry and grade this weekend. I know, I better not get to crazy, I might hurt myself. ๐Ÿ˜‚
    @Meghan509 I hope you have a nice, relaxing weekend!
    Going to go start my first load! Wish me luck! ๐Ÿ€
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

First weekend of March is "in the books"! How'd it go for you?!

Oh yes, @KateNkognito I know what you mean! One of my relaxing weekend goals was to tackle some of the magazines I receive, because they are stacking up! One of my magazine subscriptions is People and I used to joke that by the time I got around to reading them, anyone in the magazine would already be married, divorced, broken up, etc. LOL Recently is a good example of when Sophia Vergara was interviewed and by the time I had read the article she was already in the process of a divorce from Joe Manganiello. Sigh.... Life is tough!

Yesterday afternoon / evening was laundry time here. Saturday it RAINED all day long but Sunday was sunny, warm and beautiful! We actually sat outside on the patio for a little while in the afternoon yesterday. The neighbor's cat was hanging out with us too. Climbing the tree so she could annoy the birds and squirrels. LOL Filled up the bird feeder yesterday with the last of the food we had left over and today I see a few little guys out there on the feeder nibbling what they can. Working remotely has its benefits. <3 Which reminds me! Going to see if I can find some more bird food around here. LOL

Hope your Monday is a good one! See you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Weekend was productive and the kids did great starting on their projects today. Three more days until spring break and 50 more days until the end of the year!
    @Meghan509 Glad you had a nice weekend! It was lovely here on Sunday. I got to sit outside and soak up some sun.
    Going to put my feet up and relax this evening.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!

Oh nice @KateNkognito hope the week flies by! And the year too! LOL

Busy but productive day today! Home relaxing and looking forward to home made lentil soup for dinner tonight! ๐Ÿ˜‹

Have a good night and see you soon!!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Last night's commute took me ONE HOUR to go ten miles because of a huge accident that happened yesterday at 11:00am and had the highway closed until at least 2:00pm. Then, add in the rain and rush hour and there we were! UGH.

This morning was normal volume. Rain is not coming back until later today, around 5:30pm or so. I may try and leave a little early to avoid any drama like yesterday's chaos!

Hope your week is going well. Seems more quiet today at work, which is fine by me. :)

Have a good one and see you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    That's crazy @Meghan509!
    This week has gotten away from me. I am SO ready for break!
    Darn it! There's the bell! Have a great rest of the week!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

@KateNkognito it sounds like you are having a crazy week and are probably really looking forward to spring break! Two more days!

Last night it was raining again! ARGH!! But I ended up leaving a few minutes before 5:00pm, so I could hopefully beat the rush and that worked! Only took me 30 minutes at most, door to door. In the rain that is pretty good. There were no accidents or incidents and everybody was driving the speed limit for the most part. Going to try and leave a tiny bit before 5:00pm as much as possible because it really makes a difference!!

Work has been pretty quiet. Lots of folks traveling or remote which is fine by me. I am here today and then remote Friday and Monday.

Hope you have a good Thursday! See you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    I made it! The last half hour today took FOREVER! I have all my alarms turned off and I will be sleeping in tomorrow as my sons both have to go to school! ๐Ÿคฃ
    @Meghan509 I hope you have a lovely Friday and a relaxing weekend! Even a few minutes can make a huge difference for the drive home. I am always amazed by that. People really are creatures of habit.
    Off to sleep. Stay healthy!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    It is COLD and rainy here. However, I am snuggled under the blankets with my dog and I don't plan to move any time soon. ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Have a great day and a wonderful weekend!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Happy Friday!

Oooh enjoy your day today, @KateNkognito! You deserve it!

The sun finally returned today! Might be just for today for now (boo hoo) but it is something! Almost 50 degrees F here. Spring is almost here!!

I was worried that it would be another bad commute last night because of all the rain so I left a few minutes earlier and managed to get home early! Woo hoo!

Working from home today and it is another quiet day. Fine by me! Planning to go the grocery store at lunchtime today and then we have plans with friends of ours for dinner tomorrow night.

Have a good day and a nice weekend!! See ya soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Today is sunny and gorgeous! Going to walk the dog then sit outside and fill out job applications. But first, breakfast.
    Have a great week! Stay healthy!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Rolling in to March - the month will be half over as of Saturday! Time is flying.

Saturday night we made plans to go to a friend's house for dinner. We had a nice time. We had not seen them for a while. Time flies. Anyway, it was POURING rain. On the way home it was torrential! At one point I felt the SUV slightly hydroplane in a puddle and I thought time was up right there. :( My BF and I joke that it figures we make plans the only weekend it is supposed to be hurricane like rain. LOL Anyway, we had a nice time and got home safely. Phew.

One week to spring if I am not mistaken!

I am off from daylight savings time but it's okay! We will get through. LOL

WINDY but nice today and supposed to be a very nice week with upper 60's F and very little chance of rain. I like it!

Working remotely today and watching the poor little bird feeder outside swing away with all the wind!

Hope you have a good day and a great week ahead! See you soon.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Sorry I didn't see your last post, @KateNkognito I think I had mine sitting in draft when you posted!

Hope the job applications go smoothly and you land something great! Hope you are enjoying your break as well!

Our turn for sunny and gorgeous! Supposed to be in the 60's F all week and right now it is close to 50 F and sunny! The stupid wind finally died down! Phew. Yesterday I went out for an appointment during lunch and I swear I felt like the wind was going to push me over. LOL

In the office today and not so crazy which is good. We have some functional finance meetings going on upstairs so I have seen two colleagues so far from other locations, which is nice. :)

Not much else going on here. Hope you have a great day. See you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Today has been super productive! Got a lot of things filled out and registered that we have been meaning to get to. Also got a walk in with the dog. ๐Ÿ•
    @Meghan509 Glad you made it home safely! That's some crazy weather!
    We got a rotisserie chicken and had part of it last night. Then I deboned the rest and there is plenty for enchiladas tonight! I need something spicy to clear my stuffy head. Allergies are annoying.
    Have a great day!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Oooh enchiladas with rotisserie chicken sounds amazing, @KateNkognito! I LOVE enchiladas! I get them whenever we order Mexican or if we go to a Mexican restaurant. Yummy! Thanks for the nice idea.

We were just at Costco the other day where they have really nice rotisserie chickens! Did we buy one? Nope, forgot. LOL Next time for sure.

Easier commute today and less people in the office physically today makes it a win win! My boss is traveling and back tomorrow. Enjoying my yogurt in peace today. :)

Hope you have a nice day today and get more productive things done (as needed)! LOL Another beauty on tap today! Might put on a pair of comfier shoes and take a little walk. You never know! LOL

See you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Finishing up our taxes today. But the good part is that I have to run across town to talk to someone about the taxes and there is a really good breakfast spot between here and there. ๐Ÿ˜Š
    @Meghan509 I always forget how nice a rotisserie chicken is for leftover meals. Soup, enchiladas, casseroles. Enjoy your peaceful day! I am looking forward to being able to take a walk when I get a different job.
    Off to do the grownup stuff. My eldest son calls taxes "the annual subscription fee for living". ๐Ÿ˜‚
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Friday Eve is here. One last commute tonight and then done until next week! This morning was not bad at all. I am thinking the spring break travel season has impacted that. Less drivers means less traffic.

Got my jeans on today and some new sneakers! Another nice one! May take a little walk again! I only made it downstairs and back yesterday. We are on the 15th floor, so that involved the elevator and then a short walk around the bottom floor!

Good luck with the taxes @KateNkognito! I submitted mine last week so I am eagerly awaiting my refund. LOL Today is another quiet one. I don't mind. :blush:

Hope you have a good day! See you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Walked the dog, went and fetched my youngest from my parents' house, got everyone's taxes all finished up and sent. Whew!
    For Pi Day we are having pizza for dinner. ๐Ÿ•
    @Meghan509 Sounds like a great day! New shoes always make me feel fancy!
    Our chickens are loving the weather lately! They have been laying like crazy the last few weeks. I love all their different personalities.
    Enjoying the last few days of break. ๐Ÿ˜Š
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Sounds like another productive day @KateNkognito! Happy to hear it. Hope you enjoy your day today before you most likely head back to work next week. Hoping your next few months are a piece of cake.

Working from home today. A little on the cloudy side, but pretty warm. No rain due until a week from today! Just looked. I am a bit of a weather nerd, if you haven't noticed. LOL

Tomorrow we will head to BJ's and Aldi's to get our groceries and stock up on a few things. Sunday we will be going to BF's parent's house. It is his Dad's birthday and his brother, wife, and three kids are in town so we will all be going out to dinner to celebrate. Looking forward to it. :)

Hope you have a good day and a nice weekend! See you soon.