MARCH 2024 CHALLENGES -- 03/01 - 03/31

Options

Replies

• zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,855 Member
    Options
    Paula I could visualize you doing that. I bet you felt more alive for those hours than the months before it. And I will subscribe to your true-life workout. You will be a sensation

Karen. I hope your yoga class was great. And that your rain comes here. I need some

Chris I sure hope you get well soon. Poor grand babies. 👶🏻.

Kathy tonight was a train week at work. I will get in 2 workouts tomorrow

Aquariums clean and all fish happy

Migraine yesterday. Carried through today. Glad we got the tanks cleaned.

Shelley
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,289 Member
    Options
    Shelley, so sorry about your m........ I don't say that word anymore. They are different now but still there sometimes.
    Paula, that sounds horrible. Glad you had such a helpful neighbor! WOW! He's a Champ!!
    Karen and Kathy...you go ladies! Hope you both had good classes and workouts.
    Today was Blood Draw Day for Ronan and me. My guy was terrific. Didn't feel a thing. Ronan had trouble and was crying when he and Sara came out of the room Kaiser has for kids getting blood draws. When we got outside, I walked him over to some flowers and told him that along with the donuts we should get pizza...he said, "Yeah, Grandma...pineapple pizza!!" I gagged really loud and dramatically then ran back to the cars. He was crazy laughing and kept repeating it as he ran after me. He was happy after that.
    I'm not sure what happened, but I will find out. Ronan is here now playing w/Grandpa.
    I am so tired of being sick and out of my exercise mode. I need to get back to walking. I need to walk an hour on Tues and Thurs before Collin gets here and Sat and Sun to where ever. It's hard to do when I feel like dukey. Hoping I'm feeling better this coming week.
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Chris my Rocky hates blood draws. I think he would cry if he could get pizza and donuts for it. Hopefully it was a one and done for Ronan. I sure hope you feel better soon. Sure ruins your mojo.

Got in 2 FitOn workouts. They were short. 25 minutes total. I really like how I am getting a bit more flexible. My new filter arrived for the coral tank. Cleaned and assembled. Just need to store the old one. Cleaned and set up skimmer on holding tank. Waiting to hear back from the guy getting it. Have to coordinate the move with him.

Rocky bought one of those desk bikes. So he can exercise his knee even on bad days

Shelley
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,686 Member
    Options
    Shelley, Your fish sound like such a beautiful hobby. I love hearing about them. Hope your head feels better soon. M...'s are so awful!

Chris, I know what you mean about blood draws... such a blessing you are to distract and amuse little Ronin and turn his sad to glad. Can just hear him giggling. Makes me happy.

<3 paula
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,236 Member
    edited March 11
    Options
    I took a couple of days off. Listening to my body. Then today did a 33 minute upper body challenge that was really tough. And 30 on the recumbent.

Paula I so feel for you and yes that was quite a workout. Chris hope you and the family get well soon. Shelley you’re killing it with FitOn. Karen I’m learning yoga stretches and hope be day to take a class at the fitness center. I will start with chair yoga.

Ladies have a great week.
    Kathy
  • cpanus
    edited March 11
    Options
    Thank you, my friends. I am getting better. Almost no cough today. Still have a bit of a manly voice tho.
    I did go out this afternoon for 5.88 miles in 120 mins to the post office and back. It was beautiful out there! There were several folks and puppies out!! I got to pet one of the pups!! I am planning to walk Tues morning before Collin gets here...planning.
    We have our tax appt tomorrow. Got my fingers crossed.
    Chris
  • cpanus
    Options
    Collin seemed stuffier today. Poor guy.
    Workout w/my trainer today for 60 mins. Tough one!!
    Tax appt went good. Our house keeper comes tomorrow, so that means I need to put the house in order for her!!
    I'm hoping to walk for an hour tomorrow morning...if it doesn't rain.
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Paula I could totally bore you about my fish. Can't wait to be done putting it all to rights. Hope you are doing well.

Kathy we are killing it. And you won't need no chair yoga. You will do fine. Better than fine.

Chris this has been such a long road to getting better for you. Warm tea and a good book.

I finished up this sessions challenges. Note to self. Eat after working out.

Shelley
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    I and Kathy started another challenge on FitOn. My arms are a bit sore. Just the way I like them to feel. Means I did something right

DND tomorrow night with my daughter.

Shelley
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,686 Member
    Options
    No shopping for awhile emptied my food closets, resulting in very odd meals and less snacking. It also got me into protein powder again which is very satisfying. So smaller meals (and life distractions) led to eating less often, less food and less carbs.

This has somehow kicked me back into keto - finally - after trying for years. And now I'm losing weight again. It goes from being so hard to so easy just like that. Feeling hopeful and grateful.

Hope to lose enough to join y'all in working out in awhile. :flowerforyou:
    paula
  • cpanus
    Options
    Good going, Paula!
    Shelley and Kathy, you two are the bomb!! :D
    Had Collin Duty this morning then my trainer for a tough 60 min workout.
    Hit under 150 this morning...let's see if I can stay under.
    Chris
  • kjs1228
    kjs1228 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Paula - so sorry to hear about your garage!! That's a week work or exercise!

Chris - glad you are on the mend...

I walked 40 mins outside today... beautiful outside ;)

Headed to my bookclub tonight. Looking for a great conversation...

Karen
  • cpanus
    Options
    Thanks, Karen.
    I thought about walking, but it was cold and windy today with gusts up to 40 mph!! No way I could walk in that! Collin wanted to go out and watch the whirligigs...they were spinning like crazy! I told him he had to put his shoes on (socks w/rubber bottoms) and he gave me his foot!! So funny! He was wide-eyed in the wind and watching everything spin. We could only stay out there a short time and he DID NOT want to come back in the house. :D but Grandma couldn't stay out there any longer. :# soooo cold!
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Paula so inspiring. Great job getting rid of the foods that were holding you back.

Chris got to love him. I can picture you two out in the wind.

Karen I hope you had a great time at your book club. Personally have never been to one.

Got in 2 FitOn workouts. One was nice and easy. A beginners yoga. Wonderful.

Shelley
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Wednesday was a rest day. Thursday was the start of yoga stretch challenge. Shelley chose this for us and I really need it to improve my flexibility and balance. Hopefully I will survive it, only fell twice the first day. 🤣 Also completed an arms, legs and abs workout.

I’ve discovered that 5 days working out in a row isn’t good for me. My body especially my back was yelling at me. So I’m doing 3 days, a rest day then 2 more days to get in my five. It works for me. Also stretching has absolutely changed my life.

Kathy
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Highest Weight - 248
    Ultimate Goal Weight - 148
    Mar 31 Goal Weight - 168.2

Feb 29 ending week weight - 172.2
    Mar 01 - 172.2
    Mar 08 - 173.8
    Mar 15 - 171.8
    Mar 22 -
    Mar 31 -

Good week. Getting better with planning meals and snacks but still a work in progress.

Kathy

• kjs1228
    kjs1228 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Kathy - Glad you are listening to your body about working out. Rest days are always a good idea.

I went to the gym early this morning and did 50 minutes on the elliptical and then a 10 minute peloton walking workout. Threw in an extra 20 minute walk this afternoon to get to 10,000 steps. Always so hard to get there on work days :-)

The beautiful weather that we've had is going to be gone by tomorrow morning. Cold and rainy again :-) really glad to have enjoyed so much great weather though!

Hope everybody's having a great Friday!

Karen
  • cpanus
    Options
    My rest days are the weekends...sometimes!! Tomorrow, however, we're celebrating my 74th b'day at Sara's with pizza, and I might have a salad...maybe. Today we had cold and wind again!! I think the moving trees and bushes worry Collin. He loved being outside tho.
    I had my trainer at noon for 60 mins. It was supposed to be Fun Friday...she lied!! ugh!
    I'm reading now. I hope you all have a great weekend!
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Kathy I didn’t realize you had broken up your workout days. I don’t have a set routine. My nights schedule does it for me. lol. Glad to hear that stretching has changed your life. And you thought I was trying to kill you. :D

Karen great work out. I know what you mean. Steps are hard to get while working at a desk.

Chris there is no way I would not eat at least one piece of pizza on my birthday. Nopey nope.

Got in one of my FitOn workouts done. It was a stretch one. Then did water changes and maintenance on the tanks. Jillibean had a new clutch of eggs. She insisted that I hurry up and leave her home. Over stayed my welcome

Shelley

• KAR1959
    Options
    Friday was another yoga full body stretch to restore and my strength was an upper body chisel.

Karen 50 minutes on the elliptical is amazing. Good for you.

Happy birthday Chris. Have a slice of pizza! You’ll walk it off.

Shelley. I’ve been taking off a day during the week and working out occasionally on Sat or Sun. I have no set schedule anymore but never miss 2 consecutive days. And usually workout 3 in a row.

I have a luncheon today with some of my travel buddies at a Thai restaurant. Just an early spring meetup.

Great weekend ladies!

Kathy