Meaningful, Motivating March!

Options

Replies

• magic71755
    magic71755 Posts: 3,765 Member
    edited March 12
    Options
    amaql0ca8a5k.png
    Glad you're on the road back to a healthy you, M!

Ok, so day four of my Mary's Mini. But today it's at work. I prepped yesterday, so I am in good shape.

coffee (not giving up coffee, I mean, really!) :p

a very large Costco size russet and bag of TJ's spinach for breakfast and mid morning made into mashed potato with spinach mixed in.

salad and baked potato (microwaved, actually)

side of asparagus (made it yesterday, so, cold with lemon)

home for dinner, air fried French fries (I love my little chopper I got years ago to make fries...I prepped them yesterday and have them in water in the fridge)...and a side of steamed mixed veg

the new, updated version of MM allows for one fruit...so I might have something...apple or grapes...just 20-30 grapes or a small apple.

I will gives stats at the 1/2 mark... Thursday morning, start of day 6. stay tuned.

I must say, I LOVE THIS. I have so much energy...no cravings...never hungry...never stuffed...so many decisions have been eliminated...this is something I could do for a while. But if I continue more than ten days, I will add a bit of tofu or beans.
    HAGDE! d6mu9w37cdno.png
  • Mihani
    Mihani Posts: 3,896 Member
    Options
    Nanc, I agree about Mary's Mini. Glad it's going so well!

It was a good day diet-wise. I couldn't finish the smoothie this morning. Sweet potato soup and a couple wasa crackers for lunch, yogurt and a banana for a snack. Dinner was a mishmash of things from the grab and go. Some roasted potatoes with green beans and zucchini, mac and "cheese", cannellini beans.

• magic71755
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing better, M ! 🥳🎊❤️

Day 5

Made broc last night for today … dropped it out of the microwave! 🙄🙄🙄

Coffee
    Mashed potatoes and mixed veg
    Salad and potato
    Mix veg
    French Fries and steamed spinach for dinner

HAGDE!
  • Mihani
    Options
    On no, Nanc! I think I would cry over spilled broccoli!

Just got home from the office a few minutes ago. So busy right now. I am going to eat just a few bites of something because it's nearly bedtime! Today was a repeat of yesterday menu-wise.
  • magic71755
    Options
    After five days on Mary's Mini...
    3/9 147.4
    3/14 143.8

down 3.6 pounds

Will add beans or tofu on day 11. Going for 40 days.

HAGDE!
  • Mihani
    Options
    Way to go, Nanc!!!

Only in the office until 7:00 tonight so not quite as bad. I was too tired to stay any longer. I'm leaving a little early tomorrow to meet up with friends at a bar. I can't have more than one cocktail though, because I'll be in the office all day Saturday and probably Sunday.

Been having smoothies for breakfast all week. Lunch today was dill red potato salad. Snacks were an apple and yogurt. Dinner was red beans and rice, salad, a cup of a delightful lemony soup.
  • magic71755
    edited March 15
    Options
    Hope the weekend isn’t too stressful for you, M!🌟

My weekend is back to catching up with cleaning and Monday is finally my appointment with my cardiologist! 🥳🎊🎉🎈🌟
  • Mihani
    Options
    Made it through the week, met up with my friends for about an hour then headed on home. Going to have a bite to eat, get a few little chores done, then early to bed and office tomorrow.

Are you making progress with the spring cleaning, Nanc?

• magic71755
    Options
    Day 8 MARY’s Mini. Potatoes
    Mashed with spinach
    Fries with salad
    Romaine boats with roasted

Snacks air fried chips
    Grapes

HAGDE

• Mihani
    Options
    Spent about 6 hours at the office today. Home and going to do a little bit of nothing. Maybe read or take a nap, or both. Stopped at the grab and go and have plenty of food for the week now. I still don't have much of an appetite after being sick a couple weeks ago. Eating more often but small portions. So I tried to be more conscious of how much I was buying, because even with the grab and go, I tend to buy too much and sometimes things go to waste or end up in the freezer where I forget about them.

I should be able to work from home tomorrow. Yay for that. I'm sick to death of that office, plus I need to do laundry and a little cleaning.
  • magic71755
    edited March 18
    Options
    Day 10

Hash browns
    Spinach
    Mashed
    Salad: herb lettuce, purple cabbage, carrots, cukes, scallions, romaine
    Baked
    Green beans
    French fries
    Grapes

HAGDE
  • Carla_wfpb
    Carla_wfpb Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    It had to happen at some point...I am learning how to sew clothes. I'm taking an online class that starts with the basics and goes on until I decide I've learned all I care to, or 2 years, whichever comes first. It is taught by a family of tailors in Germany.

As a bonus, this is going to help motivate me to lose weight. Less fabric is less cost, plus as I make things I have to constantly measure myself, no getting around it.

It is sunny and warm here all of a sudden. Woohoo, winter is behind us! Our daffodils are about to bloom.

breakfast: fuhrman blueberry oatmeal
    snack - not sure
    dinner: lentil loaf, peas & carrots, potatoes with kale

nice job on your mini, Nanc.
  • Mihani
    Options
    What, Carla is tackling another skill? Can't wait to see what you create. Maybe you'll become a famous designer and we'll all say we knew you when.

Nanc, you are making me want potatoes. I think I'll grab a bag tomorrow and make my roasted potatoes. Always enjoy those and haven't made them in a while.

I have had a rough few days busy with work. Managed to get out of the office at 6:00 tonight. I could stay there 24/7 and probably still not get caught up.

Had ezekiel toast with tahini for breakfast, potato salad and a little soup for lunch, dinner will be jackfruit teriyaki. Dentist at 7 am tomorrow.

• magic71755
    edited March 19
    Options
    Plan for Tuesday.

Black coffee ☕️
    Mashed and spinach
    Baked and green beans
    Grapes
    French fries and green beans
    4 oz Tofu air fried

I have a dentist appointment on Thursday! 😉

Starting day 11...adding tofu.

Helped me lose my desire for several of my processed foods...especially those containing coconut oil or cream. Tossed them all. Drinking coffee black and sticking with that. Not nearly as bitter as before MM.

I am going to slowly introduce more variety in my meals, but stick with mostly potatoes as opposed to pasta or rice. But will revisit both at a later date. For now, life is just easier with potatoes.

The one thing I miss the most is my bean burrito. Now, it will be just beans and no plant based cheese. I will make some HOT FOR FOOD nacho cheese sauce (minus the oil) next weekend.

I had my consultation with the cardiologist yesterday...she wants to see me in six months with a blood panel. She thinks I am doing fine. Add weight training and baby aspirin. Very low risk for heart attack or stroke in the next 10 to 15 years.

In a funny way, I am grateful for my horrible knees. It was because of the non stop, over the top, arthritic pain that I looked for natural ways to decrease it. It worked for awhile, but as you know, I now have two spanking new knees. Five years ago is when I became plant based and it most certainly has improved my quality of life.

My blood pressure yesterday was 122/68. I was super proud of that. And down five pounds from the first time I saw her in October.

Have a great day everyone.

SW 147.4
    After 10 days. 143

• magic71755
    Options
    Sometimes it does take a life changing moment to make that one change that will save your life! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7cWyAjR_0g
  • Mihani
    Options
    Great news from the doc and awesome BP, Nanc. I tend to have very low blood pressure.

Today went mildly okay. Still buried in work and overwhelmed, but I wasn't feeling as stressed. Wasn't a great food day. I was off my routine with the dentist first thing so I skipped breakfast and forgot to take my lunch. Fortunately I keep Dr. McD's miso soup at the office so I had one of those and a few crackers, plus a lara bar. Dinner was some of the jackfruit teriyaki and sesame kale salad. Yum.
  • magic71755
    edited March 20
    Options
    Today...
    black coffee

back to my bean burrito without any cheese...just fat free refried beans and hatch green chili salsa
    mashed potato with spinach
    baked eaten cold side of green beans
    small green salad and french fries for dinner
    apple or banana or grapes

the end

have a great day.
  • Mihani
    Options
    Nanc, I stopped and got some potatoes tonight! It is too late to start fussing with them now though. I'll cook them Friday or Saturday since I'm going to be working late tomorrow. Oddly, they had no russet and this was the big grocery so I got gold. Probably make mashed with them.

My favorite is russets halved and sprinkled with seasonings then roasted.

Breakfast ezekiel toast with tahini. Lunch quinoa and roasted veggie salad and a couple wasa crakers. Dinner the last of the teriyaki jackfruit and asian kale salad. I have never been a big fan of raw kale although I love it cooked. This salad has totally changed my outlook. Snacks were a handful of nuts and an apple.

• magic71755
    edited March 21
    Options
    I threw out all my VEGAN processed food from my freezer today. It was trash day.

I did miss the cheese on my burrito today, but oh well

I was on that Mary’s mini for 10 days and I did that. I’m certainly not going to go back and start eating process food so there’s no reason to keep it

I love my life now without process food. I feel better. I’m starting to sleep better and I’m just so happy I found Mary’s mini. Have a great day everybody sleep well. See you tomorrow.

PS enjoy your potatoes M.
  • magic71755
    Options
    Dentist appointment...leaving at 6:30 to get there at 7.

black coffee
    bean burrito
    spinach and mashed
    cold, baked with green beans
    apple

HAGDE!