manladdvm
manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
Mornin' gents.

Replies

• DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,961 Member
    Options
    Good morning gentlemen.

Up early for a single cup of black coffee. I have my oral surgery at 8, under a general anesthetic. No food after midnight, and no drink after 6. I was told to expect a very sore jaw, so I made a pot of black bean soup last night. Really tasty and nothing to chew. Served with a spoon of fat-free sour cream, it's very point-friendly, too.
  • mikehikemike
    mikehikemike Posts: 3,470 Member
    Options
    I have memories of oral surgery that I’d like to forget.

Sunny morning but a cold wind. Got in a nice hike yesterday, heard first frog-croaks of the season. Rivers are quite high still.

Off somewhere for another hike. Will grab a lunch-to-go on my way.

Have a good day.
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,588 Member
    Options
    Good Morning

Prayers for a straight forward oral surgery this morning Dave. Black Bean soup use to be a favorite of mine. I long ago lost my recipe and never found another I liked as much.

Continue to improve from the surgery. Today I reduce the Percocet a bit more following the Drs half dose at a time idea. I think it will go pretty straight forward. I am trying to get back to being productive around here while staying within the restrictions for the next 3+ months. I am also trying to slowly progress on walking and exercise and get a daily rhythm going. I need to add a sitting hamstring stretch until I can do more but in the meantime will help ease the current nerve pain.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,961 Member
    Options
    The oral surgery went pretty easily. Took about an hour. There is some pain, but Tylenol and ibuprofen are handling it just fine. They prescribed a narcotic pain med, but I won't use it unless I have to.

Bill, my recipe is pretty simple. Chop up a carrot, a stalk of celery, a quarter onion, an Anaheim pepper and start them cooking with a healthy dose of cumin and some ground chipotle, in a bit of olive oil. Add two cans of black beans, liquid included, and a can worth of water. Put in a heaping tablespoon of Better Than Boullion Chicken base, a bay leaf and ground pepper. Let it simmer for 20 minutes, then hit it with an immersion blender until it is smooth. Adjust the seasoning to taste. I added in a cup and a half of shredded, cooked chicken breast. Sereve it with a spoon of fat free (or full strength) sour cream. Really tasty to me.
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe, Dave! Good eats!