Monthly Post for March 2024

Options
2ยป

Replies

• KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    @Meghan509 Happy birthday to your BF's dad! Enjoy the time with family. ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Pretty quiet day here. Just gave the house a quick once over then watched "Damsel" on Netflix. I am not usually a fan of that kind of movie, but it piqued my interest. It was predictable, but pretty good. ๐Ÿ˜Š Now to find something else mindlessly entertaining.
    Have a great weekend!
  • Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,964 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Thank you @KateNkognito BF's Dad turned 89 years old yesterday! We went to a local restaurant near their house in NY and it was nice. BF's brother, wife and three kids were in town from AZ and we had a nice time and a great meal! We have leftovers for this week since there was so much food!

Hope you had a good weekend! I will look for Damsel on Netflix! Thanks! Hope your week back goes well!

Working from home in my comfy Old Navy leggings and sweatshirt! LOL We recently made the switch from Verizon to T-Mobile and are eagerly awaiting our new phones and accessories! There's a good chance they will arrive today!! :smiley:

Not much else new. Getting the laundry done in between work. :D Quiet here which is good.

Hope you have a great day and a nice week ahead!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    We got a stomach bug at our house over the weekend. It was with hesitation and an empty stomach that I went to school today. Also, I legitimately had trouble remembering how to get up and get ready to go this morning. Once I got going, though, it was pretty smooth sailing.
    @Meghan509 Glad you had a nice time with the family! 89 is a big number. At that age you have to appreciate every birthday you get. ๐Ÿ˜Š I hate getting new phones. I always wait until mine is just about dead. But then the new one is always so great once I finally get it all set up. I hope you like yours!
    Have a great week!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

HAPPY SPRING!!

Ugh, sorry to hear you guys caught the stomach bug @KateNkognito! Definitely going around in these parts too! That stinks. At least you didn't miss any school days. :)

New phones didn't arrive yet, supposedly today! LOL Fingers crossed! I know what you mean. You have to sign in to everything to get everything back to how you had it, etc. I am just excited that we will be saving money AND we get new phones and better service out of the deal.

Quiet day here in the office. Boss and others are in an all day meeting upstairs. Fine by me!

Sunny but cooler here. Hope you have a good day and a good week ahead!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Today I took my students outside. They LOVE going out, even if it is just 5 minutes. I wish we had an area that was outside, but protected, so we could go out on nice days and do our work.
    @Meghan509 Saving money is always a great thing! I hope you enjoyed your quiet day. ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Have a lovely rest of the week!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good afternoon!

Ooh that is nice @KateNkognito! Happy you got to get outside! We are on a spell now where it will be pretty darn cold at night and the wind chill will be cool! Enjoy the time out there whenever you can!

Yes, still quiet here! I will take it! Commute was not too bad either.

All set up now with a new Samsung Galaxy S24+ and they threw in Galaxy Watch 6's which will come on Friday (hopefully)! I am happy with T-Mobile so far. Smooth transition from going from Verizon to TM and keeping our phone numbers. TM's been nice to us. Since BF is over 55 years old we qualify for the "senior plan" too and it also comes with free subscriptions to AAA, Netflix with Ads, and Apple TV! :D

One of my colleagues went home because she caught her daughter's bug - she's got a fever and feeling crappy. Hope she feels better and we don't catch anything. :)

Hope you have a good day! Time for lunch here! LOL
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @Meghan509, glad you are having a smooth transition to a new phone company! Sounds like a really good deal! Let me know what you think of the watch. I have a Withings hybrid one, but I have been considering something new.
    Today was just a normal day. Nothing especially exciting. I did get to take a nap when I got home.
    I hope the rest of the week is smooth sailing! Stay healthy!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

The week is going well here. Quiet at the office still. All good. Feels nice to catch my breath a little.

@KateNkognito I will let you know how we like the watches! So excited to get them. Hope you have a good day today and those kiddos are behaving!!

Looking forward to the weekend! One of those crazy weeks that felt like yesterday was Thursday - so confused! We were supposed to go to a friend's house on Saturday night for a birthday celebration for one of my BF's good friends. Due to the rain and wind expected, we moved it to Sunday afternoon instead. Phew.

Have a good day and yes, stay healthy! Spring is in the air - finally (even though it is cool here)!! Enjoy.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Looks like I missed yesterday! It has been a long week.
    Not much here, just making it through the day. This weekend I am going to SLEEP.
    Have a good one! Stay healthy! There's some nasty germs going around here. ๐Ÿ˜ท
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Hope you had a nice weekend and are healthy @KateNkognito! Definitely a lot of germs going around these parts too. Sigh. So far so good. BF has been dealing with some spring allergies lately.

Weekend was good. Saturday we stayed in because it was raining like heck and windy (again). Sunday we went over to a friend's house and celebrated a birthday. We went early and had a nice time.

Working remotely today and having a quiet day. Works for me. :)

Hope you have a good day and a great week ahead!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    I could *feel* the full moon crazy rolling off the students today. ๐ŸŒ•๐Ÿ˜ณ
    Had a good weekend though. It was cold and rainy and I just snuggled up with the dog under the blankets. It was nice.
    Have a great week!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

LOL yes that was quite a full moon @KateNkognito! I forgot we had been driving home on Sunday night from our get together and the moon was WOW! :o

It is Tuesday and I'm working from the office. So far so good. I am a Taurus so I like my routine. LOL Last week was pretty quiet. This week is a little less quiet but that's fine!

I am liking the Galaxy Watch 6 a lot. It is like a computer on my wrist! Battery life is a bit meh at the moment, vs. getting a good solid two days out of it. We read that it takes the watch a good two weeks or so to figure itself out. T-Mobile has been good too. Called yesterday and spoke with support because I was having trouble with Google Messages and it recognizing my ported over phone number vs. the temporary number they set up for me. All resolved!!

Hope you have a great day today and a good week! See you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    I don't even know what day it is. I do know that I am having enchiladas for dinner tonight.
    @Meghan509 Glad you are liking your new watch and phone company.
    Off to make dinner and then hit Teachers Pay Teachers for my lesson tomorrow. It is state testing week so I am thinking a coloring sheet is the thing to do. We played Jeopardy today.
    Have a great rest of the week!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Too funny @KateNkognito! Hope the enchiladas were awesome!!

Also hope you have a nice relaxing and low key testing day! I remember when we used to have state tests every few grades in our case. No homework! LOL :)

Work is going pretty smoothly!

Cloudy day here but no rain expected until tomorrow I think and the weekend looks good. Finally! Still not exactly sure what we are doing for Easter. BF is going to check with his parents to see if they want company, otherwise low key Easter at home for two. :)

Hope you have a good rest of your day! The week is half over for me since I am not off on Good Friday. From what I understand Good Friday is not a federal holiday, but a state one. Post offices near us are open on Friday. Weird.

Still happy we are progressing through the work week! LOL See you soon.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Rainy crappy Thursday happening here! Supposed to rain all day but Friday through Monday will be nice.

We are not off tomorrow and it will be DEAD I am pretty sure, but that's okay since I will be remote and not having to commute or wake up early!!

Office is on the slower side today and we received good news yesterday that they are FINALLY planning to hire a new office manager / receptionist for our office. That will be a relief when that person starts. :)

Hope you have a good day and a good rest of the week. See you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Friday Eve! This has been a long week. Just ready for the weekend to get here.
    @Meghan509 They have taken their sweet time getting someone hired!
    Almost to the end of the day!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Hope you get to enjoy a day off today @KateNkognito! I am working from home today and it is very quiet!

Planning to hit the grocery store today mid day to get the shopping done. For Easter it will just be BF and I. His Mom is dealing with a bad cold and doesn't want us to catch it. So no Sunday trip to NY this time. Honestly okay because we've been back and forth two Sundays in a row and it is a lot of driving. Looking forward to a nice low key weekend.

For Easter Sunday, I will be making a baked seafood casserole with shrimp and scallops. Will let you know how it turns out!

Hope you and yours have a nice Easter and a good meal. :) Have a great weekend and see you soon!!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Happy Easter! โœ๏ธ
    Today we are having kabobs for lunch. My husband's brother is in town, so he will be joining us. A nice day all around.