Living the Lifestyle: Wednesday, 03/20/2024

Options
misterhub
misterhub Posts: 6,177 Member
This is a thread for everyone. If you're new to GoaD, or to weight loss, your questions and comments are always welcome. If you're maintaining, or a long-term loser, your thoughts on the topic may be just what someone else needs to hear. If you're reading this, join in the discussion!

Each weekday, a new topic is offered up for discussion.

Monday - crewahl (Charlie)
Tuesday – Wildcard
Wednesday-misterhub (Greg)
Thursday -imastar2 (Derrick)
Friday - Wildcard

Today's Topic: What is the healthfulness of your lifestyle?

We call it a healthy lifestyle, but just how how healthy is it. Let's use a rating scale. 1 = Poor, 5 = Exceptional.

Now, rate:
  1. Diet and food choices
  2. Activity levels
  3. Motivation
  4. Attitude (you can have a lot of motivation, but a terrible attitude about it)
  5. Support network

Me:
1. 4 - I make pretty healthy food choices these days.
2. 2 - I do not move as much as I need to do to be healthy.
3. 3 - Depends on the day
4. 3 - Depends on the day
5. 3 - Honestly, this group and my wife ARE my support network, and I definitely could improve it.

Replies

• Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 7,888 Member
    edited March 20
    Options
    1. 4 Mostly good. TOL and I seem to have different days, so we can bust each other.
    2. 3 Try for the 12 hours with at least 250 steps. Get more along the way.
    3. 3 Depends on the day, sleep, etc. Motivation
    4. 4 Luckily, I have few F it days. Usually pretty positive.
    5. 4 Here, TOL, and we have a great WW group.
  • steve0mania
    steve0mania Posts: 2,938 Member
    Options
    Diet and food choices: These days it's a 4-5. When I'm "on-plan," I'm a 5, but sometimes those alcohols and snacks creep in (thankfully, not too much anymore).

Activity levels: 5. I am getting in a run 5 days each week pretty consistently.

Motivation: This is hard to judge. Right now it's a 4 because I am actually pushing myself to remember to stay on my plan. In a perfect world, I would transform this "pushing" into simply habits that would require no effort (and thus no motivation) at all.

Attitude (you can have a lot of motivation, but a terrible attitude about it): Probably a 4. I'm pretty positive about the whole thing, and I don't really moan and groan about it.

Support network: 5. My wife is super-supportive, and I know I can always come here if I need some sense smacked into me!
  • crewahl
    crewahl Posts: 3,772 Member
    Options
    Great topic and question, Greg. 👍🏻
    1. Diet and food choices - gonna go with a 3 here. I choose that because my food choices are driven by my weight and my ability to sustain that. I’m not focused on “healthy” with my choices; I’m focused on my weight, and when healthy happens it’s a fortuitous by-product.
    2. Activity levels - I’ll give this a 4. I’m deliberately active for between 45 minutes and two hours every day, and it’s done to maintain fitness and mobility. I’m not compulsive enough to push myself to embody the Olympic motto of “swifter, higher, stronger”, but I’m focused on doing what I can to maintain the wreck I created.
    3. Motivation - I’ll give this a 3. It might be a four, because I’m strongly motivated to maintain my weight loss, but as with the first area above, it’s my weight that is my motivation rather than my overall health.
    4. Attitude (you can have a lot of motivation, but a terrible attitude about it) - this is probably a 4 (at the moment). I’m largely in “this is who I am; this is just what I do” mode. I rarely feel deprived, and I do believe any sacrifices I’m making (like not buying an entire Boston Cream Pie on Pi Day) are worthwhile trade-offs.
    5. Support network - probably a 5. My wife supports my choices and rarely leads me into trouble deliberately. I have GoaD as a means to stay accountable. I’ve also, to my utter shock, managed to find a helpful and supportive community on what is otherwise the vast wasteland of Connect.

Again - great topic and questions, Greg. 👍🏻