MARCH 2024 CHALLENGES -- 03/01 - 03/31

Options

Replies

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,289 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Shelley & Kathy! Ate pizza, garlic rolls, cheese sticks, salad, lemon cake and chocolate/vanilla swirl cake! It was so fun! Played outside w/everyone and inside. I got lots of b'day gifts and kisses and hugs.
    I'll walk to the post office tomorrow. It is beautiful today. I hope I get the same for tomorrow.
    Chris

• PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,686 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday, Chris!
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,855 Member
    Options
    Kathy I do the same. No set schedule. But no more than two consecutive days off. Just how it works out. You are doing great my friend.

Chris that all sounds delicious. What a wonderful birthday. So glad you enjoyed a little cake.

Hi Paula. What are you doing for fun?

Went to the Home And Garden show today. Bought fudge as usual. Then went to the Humane Society. I have been looking online at their available dogs for years. Silly me they have so many more. Filled out an application for a one year old female. Asunde I think is her name. Then did a meet and greet with my dogs and her. Not to bad. They came and looked at our yard this evening.
    She has to be tested to see if she lies cats now. Fingers crossed. She is smallish. Light reddish brown. Barney needs a playmate. He just doesn’t know it.
    Got in my next 2 workouts. I really like working on my balance and flexibility.

Shelley

• KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,236 Member
    Options
    Before my lunch with the ladies yesterday I did a yoga stretch for the lower back. It’s amazing how the pain goes away almost immediately. Had a wonderful time with the ladies we went to a Thai restaurant that was amazing. Then a few of us went to Lenox mall that was close by. Didn’t stay long. Too crowded for us old ladies. 🤣

Chris so glad you had a good time and ate the pizza and cake.

Shelley your menagerie continues to grow. Enjoy.

Paula how’s it going lady?

Kathy
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Kathy maybe one of your friends would like to join us in our stretch routine. I can get up and down easier now also.

Today was a rest day for me. My daughter and son in law came over for dinner. It was nice. Caught up on going ons.
    We are starting to move aquariums next weekend. Moving the RedSea tank first. That tank hasn’t moved in 15 years.

Shelley
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Sunday was another yoga stretch for the back and posture. My strength workout was for the back, arms and abs.

I hope everyone has a good week. I cant believe we’re more than halfway through March. Let’s finish strong!

Kathy
  • cpanus
    Options
    Where is your stretch routine on FitOn? Do I have to do the Premium program to get it? It sounds like something that would do me good beings I carry around a big 16 month old kid!!!
    Collin gave us his feet to put on his shoes so he and I could walk outside in the lava rock and whirl the whirligigs!!! He is a ton of fun!
    Worked out w/my trainer for 60 mins this afternoon then made soup. Now I am going to read.
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Chris I will send it to you. I don't know if you would have to get the Premium.. But I can try. You would need to modify or even skip some parts due to your knees and hips. There are so many though. You are sure to find some that you can do.

Carrying children really is a job. A fun one though for sure.

Got in my two FitOn workouts. I may have done the same ones as Kathy. :)

Shelley
  • cpanus
    edited March 19
    Options
    Thanks, Shelley, where are you going to send it and what will it look like?
    He is an arm-full!! :D
    Chris
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    It was easier to carry weight before getting old, that's for sure. Looking forward to gaining mobility again when these two cement-sized bags of body are gone. So nice to be losing again.

Keep thinking about the starter workout Shelley gave me when we first met. I have it around here somewhere. Something like 2 min each of squats, planks, pushups and something else. Ten minutes is easy to fit in and will trigger that adrenaline hight. Just gotta do it.

You gals are all so impressive!

Luv to y'all.
    Paula
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Chris I sent it to your phone. I hope you benefit from it as much as I and Kathy have been

Paula if it wasn’t for doing the FitOn with Kathy I would have never done it. I needed a partner. Glad you are losing them cement bags. You deserve to be able to lose them

Tonight I worked until 8:00. Full room again

Shelley
  • KAR1959
    edited March 20
    Options
    Monday - yoga stretch and full body sculpt
    Tuesday - another yoga stretch and butt and thigh toning workout
    Wednesday - rest day but completed a morning yoga stretch

Taking mom to hairdresser so thought this would be a good rest day. But got up early enough to get in a good stretch. It makes my day, so good for my back.

Paula so happy you’re losing again. Can’t wait until you’re working out again. Ten minutes will be a good start.

Chris so happy you’re joining our FitOn challenges. These stretching exercises have totally changed my life. FitOn has so many options. Hope you will love it as much as Shelley and I do.

Kathy
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Kathy loved reading your post. It was inspiring

Sometime recently the hose on top of our water heater broke. Spraying water and flooding my mom’s room. Thankfully she isn’t here. The area rug was drenched. And so heavy. Outside now. Will see tomorrow what else was ruined. Construction workers broke a gas main. Gas company had to see our hot water tank and furnace. Discovered leak. Then they red tagged us. Said they would turn our gas on after we added a panel to the louvered doors. They had to evacuate Rocky earlier for most of the day due to the leak.
    So no workouts tonight. And way too much work to do.

Shelley
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    OMG, Shelley, where are you staying? What a mess!!

paula
  • cpanus
    Options
    Oh, Shelley!! That's horrible. I hope you get everything fixed and dried out.

I tried to do two of the different stretches on FitOn. Too much knee stuff. Even with my thickest workout pad, (which had a ton of dust on it, btw!) it wasn't working for me. My knees were crying really loud! I will just stick with my trainer and be a happy girl lifting weights...except...dun...dun...dun...her daughter, who lives with them, caught strep throat AND covid this week. So, I skipped yesterday and will skip tomorrow...EGADS, MAN!!!! SO MUCH SICKNESS!!!!
    I did walk to the post office yesterday for 5.41 miles in 108 mins. It was beautiful out there!! Still thinking about walking this afternoon, but maybe tomorrow would be better bet.
    Ronan and I just watched the City Guys filling the cracks in the street with what looks like tar!! Then he stepped in it and left his mark next to Grandpa's tire tracks!!! He is so funny!!
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Thanks you guys. Our heat is on and the room is mostly dry. That rug was a bear to drag out! Heavy with water. Our son came and sprayed this stuff to keep the walls from molding. Then put two powerful fans in there. He cleans and remodels for a living. Time will tell. Night. So tired.

Chris I will try to find some for people with bad knees. You must stretch. It is so good for us. No lunges or downward dog though

Shelley
  • kjs1228
    kjs1228 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Kathy - I love the elliptical. Put on some great music and I am in the zone.

I do need to really get into focusing on weight-bearing exercises though. Would’ve Mickles for this year which I have not quite up to yet. But it’s early!

It’s been a little bit of a whirlwind of a week getting ready to go to Costa Rica and my yoga retreat. I leave about noon today to meet my best friend in Newark New Jersey to stay overnight for an early flight tomorrow. Please say a prayer that the weather will be good. It’s looking a little dicey. It’s been quite a week getting everything here at home prepared in order for me to leave. I get back the night before Easter at about 830 so I won’t drive home until Easter morning quite early. And of course I’m hosting Easter! So lots to do, but I have it all prepared and ready to go. to be honest, I wish one of my siblings would’ve raised their hand, but that’s not how they roll.

So I’m heading out with 40 of my classmates from the yoga studio, including my best friend for seven days in Jaco Costa Rica. All kinds of interesting things to try. We will do yoga every day, there is a national park that we’re going to hike in a couple of other outdoorsy type of activities. But really hoping to get a major recharge which I desperately need. Life‘s been a bit tiring with my kiddo and work and everything else going on. I’ve been looking forward to this trip for about a year and a half so I’m so excited. Super super excited to be doing it with my best friend, Colleen as well. She moved to Nova Scotia about five years ago. We talk every day, but getting to see her as a gift!

Food at the retreat center is all vegetarian and pescatarian. It actually sounds like it’ll be a great for me to eat all that healthy and local food. I usually do pretty high protein so it’ll be interesting!

Have a great Friday!

Karen
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Thursday completed a 10 minute yoga stretch and a full body cardio sculpt.

Shelley pray things have improved for you and the family. Get some rest.

Chris I will also look for standing stretches that are easy on the knees for you. The beginner stretches I did were gentler. I’m sure FitOn has many.

Karen enjoy Costs Rica. It’s been at least 20 years since I went with three friends. Beautiful country. The retreat sounds wonderful.

Kathy
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Highest Weight - 248
    Ultimate Goal Weight - 148
    Mar 31 Goal Weight - 168.2

Feb 29 ending week weight - 172.2
    Mar 01 - 172.2
    Mar 08 - 173.8
    Mar 15 - 171.8
    Mar 22 - 171.0
    Mar 31 -

I can’t believe March is almost over. Let’s finish strong ladies.

Kathy

• cpanus
    Options
    Thank you, Shelley and Kathy, for helping me with the FitOn stuff.
    It was a tough day! Ronan got to go to the Jelly Belly Factory with his class today. SIL volunteered to be a chaperone, so we ended up with the dog...who has to wear a cone because he had a growth removed from in front of his ear and he won't leave the spot alone...and we had Collin until the afternoon. It was just a little rough for us.
    Ronan is off all next week for Spring Break and they are going to Santa Cruz. It'll be a nice break for us!!
    We are going to sleep in tomorrow!!
    Chris