March 20-26, 2024

Options
SarahMaxx
SarahMaxx Posts: 1,939 Member
LW: 129.4
TW: 129.2

Well, I cannot begin to describe what we are dealing with. Our entire front yard is gone. We are literally going to have to hire a landscaping company and start from scratch. And hubby was so proud of that yard. We had zoysia grass that was like carpet and we kept pretty flowers growing in the flower bed ran the length of the driveway from spring through fall. That bed is absolutely gone. The only good thing is that they did not touch the front patio area or walkway. I have no idea about the downstairs work because I haven't had the nerve to look down there since early yesterday. The outside crew left today; the inside crew is coming back tomorrow. Still no word on the insurance coverage. I think we may also have to hire some inside cleaning crews. There is concrete dust and mud everywhere. I just looked at our storm door where they go in and out, and oh my gosh!

But as I was driving to PT yesterday I heard on the news that people in Gaza have begun trying to eat grass and drink contaminated water, just to try to stay alive. So no matter what is going on here, I am okay and I'm lucky. Eventually, this will all be fixed. So I told hubby that no matter how big a money hit we've taken, we need to donate to help these people. So this morning I sent a contribution to the World Central Kitchen. Chef Jose Andres is doing so much good through that organization.

Now back to the subject at hand, my weight has fluctuated as usual this week, but the high end has been a bit higher than it was before all this mess began. I worry about the impact of stress, lack of sleep, inability to use my TM, needing to spend time doing things that result in minimal activity, etc. But I'm just going to try to do the best I can. Last night, I took off about 8:30 and walked about an hour in Target. Since it closes at 10 p.m., and it's early in the week, there were not many people there. Lots of staff straightening stock and putting more stock out. One kind of gave me a look as I whizzed by, kind of like, "Lady. Haven't I seen you go by here 10 times already?" :D But you do what you have to do.

I'll check back later for posts. I'm looking forward to hearing from everyone. Before I go, here are my 7-day averages, and I must say, I feel pretty good about these.

Steps = 10,980
Kcals burned = 1,756
Stairs = 17 floors

And before I forget it, my Bone Builders co-leader told me yesterday that she is going to resign that position. She still works part-time as government contractor and also works some at her son's gym to help him out. Add to that, she sometimes helps out with her grandkids, and she has a home over on the coast that she wants to get ready to sell. She said she's beginning to feel the physical effects of burning the candle at both ends. So it will be interesting to see if they can quickly find a replacement. It is a requirement to have two certified instructors in the room at all times. So I don't know what is going to happen with that. I really like Judy and will really miss here. Wish this news had come at a different time. :/

Replies

• GaGasheesh
    GaGasheesh Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    LW: 136
    TW: 135.6

Slow, slow, slow. But, at least in the right direction.

Sarah, my goodness, you and hubby (and kitties) are really in it! I'm glad it's finally underway, and soon you'll have it all fixed. I'll bet that you'll enjoy the re-landscaping, purging possessions, etc. It's a pain, but very exciting and fun in a lot of ways. . a new beginning.

I've been feeling a little under the weather. I'm no sure if it's a virus or allergies. I've been using an allergy pill and Flonase spray, as well as using my inhaler to keep asthma under control. But, this morning I feel I might have some kind of virus or infection. I may have to go into the doctor. Ugh.

I've been working out and added a series of golf lessons at Golftec. Some bad habits and age have crept into my golf swing, and I wanted to get some pointers to adjust to getting older. It's close to home, and fun too. Hubby and I played on Tuesday, and I did okay. I can't hit the ball as far, so I need to figure out how to accept that and get the shorter shots onto the green to be better. Anyway, I feel pretty worn out with activity and not feeling 100% this week. I'm going to do some yoga and rest more.

Sorry for the quick post . . I'll be back to check again later.
  • Lastchancelj
    Lastchancelj Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    So sorry for being offline. The cold took a bit to get over...and then hubby caught something else. That meant no Rhea visits so I actually hid in my office this past weekend and worked (so far I have not contracted what he has). Software is almost ready to launch. I'm at the point of waiting for others (again) to approve and send back through and ensure it all flows correctly. Two files are outstanding from others to enter...then I can approve and. Boy does my neck back and shoulders are really feeling it. And my eyes. lol. so so tired.

So, I started following the O plan again this past week and I will admit, that I am feeling edgier. Hubby even noticed it. So among the tummy issues, I am just going to take one-two per day and discontinue ordering it. I've got to begin cooking again.

Having conversations with both of my kids who are overweight and they are being steered towards rx for weight reduction. With our family history of heart attacks, strokes and cancer, I am praying they do not go that direction. I've researched various ones and the risk is just not worth it. My bloodwork is not horrible, the trigs are higher but everything else is normal.

Sarah - I'm glad work is progressing on the repairs. Ear plugs available?? Look at the upside...hubby and you can redesign your landscaping again. It will be done before you know it. And great job thinking outside of the box and walking the Target store. So, if your lead person for your exercise program steps back, are you going to take it over? I hope so. I know many people are going to miss the class if it gets cancelled.

Sheesh - Great job on the golf lessons.

Kelly - good luck with the house sale. That's exciting.

Sorry....Like you ladies, I'm feeling hungrier than normal in the afternoon. Almost ravenous. Glad to hear I am not alone. The weather is gorgeous (well when the storms aren't rolling through).

Ok. So, a thought I had...and this is something I know I can use. What healthy recipes do we all have??? I need ideas to get going again. I'm may use Sarah's tips of going back through FB to see if I have my recipes and ideas there as well. Going to work on a grocery order for tomorrow. I'm going to try flooding my kids with stuff that tastes yummy and is good for us as well.

• SarahMaxx
    SarahMaxx Posts: 1,939 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday, Ladies. Lois, I am so glad to see your post. Hope your workload soon moves back to normal. I know you've been under a lot of stress, and for me, stress messes with everything. Regarding food choices, I remember when you were preparing so much food ahead of time, and some of the recipes you mentioned sounded so, so good. I think you even shared a couple here. Plus, I could always envision you at that grill getting proteins ready for the week. I always admired your ability to do that. And it's just my opinion, but I think it's best to eat normal food and just try to eat less and watch things like sugar and fat. That is absolutely what I have to do this week. My weight is up almost two pounds this morning. :s I am allowing myself too much sugar. My ratty brain will say, "You're dealing with so much, you deserve this chocolate, or cookie, or whatever." It also says, "have some more butter on that bread." So I just said to hubby a few minutes ago, "I have to eat smarter or I'm in trouble on that scale."

As far as activity, I've only gotten around 7K steps for the past two days. I really should post a picture of what our basement looks like. You gals would not believe it. With appointments and needing to be here because hubby had work to attend to or his own appointments, I did not get back to Target to walk yesterday or Wednesday. I tried walking in Kohls on Wednesday, and that just didn't work. So the past two nights, I've tried a walking tape that I streamed from You-Tube. It got me to the 7K, but I was doing this late at night, and frankly just ran out of steam.

Well, I have my last PT appointment at 9:30 today, so I have to run. And I'm meeting with our tax guy this afternoon. That should be fun (not!!) as his office has moved to an area in Bethesda where parking is terrible. But I'm not starving and drinking bad water. I have to keep remembering that. Hope everyone has a good day.
  • wiredkell
    wiredkell Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Quick quick post so you know I'm alive lol

Photos and video of our house was on Friday. Sign got put up yesterday :'( So difficult. We're both so sad because we love this house and what we've built, and can't imagine anyone else living in it, but we know it's time.

I'm working at home this today and tomorrow as we're watching our kid's other dog since their Mom took them to Mexico. He's a chocolate lab named Jake and he's 3, like our pup. They're best friends since they knew each other from the day they came home. He's a lot though and has some pretty bad separation anxiety. Last time we left him here alone with our dog, he destroyed our house. Ripped up door frames and doors. So now, we can't leave him alone in our house. Last night was a rough one, since it was the first night and he just wouldn't settle. I feel bad for him. Shawn and I are both exhausted today of course.

Thursday I'm taking the day off work and we're taking the dogs to our cabin. We got Starlink, so it'll be much better with internet and TV out there.

Ok.. back to work. I'll be back to read posts when I can.