Living The Lifestyle - Monday 3/18/24

Options
crewahl
crewahl Posts: 3,772 Member
This is a thread for everyone. If you're new to GoaD, or to weight loss, your questions and comments are always welcome. If you're maintaining, or a long-term loser, your thoughts on the topic may be just what someone else needs to hear. If you're reading this, join in the discussion!

Each weekday, a new topic is offered up for discussion.

Monday - crewahl (Charlie)
Tuesday – Wildcard
Wednesday-misterhub (Greg)
Thursday -imastar2 (Derrick)
Friday - Wildcard

Today's Topic: Morning beverage

What do you use in your normal morning beverage as a “whitener”? How is that influenced by your desire to manage your weight?

Replies

• Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    DO NOT ADULTERATE MY COFFEE!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)
  • misterhub
    misterhub Posts: 6,177 Member
    Options
    I typically only drink black coffee. I will occasionally have a latte, or such, in the afternoon, where my go to is 2% or oat milk. But, I almost always just have black coffee.
  • Philtex
    Philtex Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    2% milk.
  • Brian_19
    Brian_19 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    It's black coffee for me, almost 100% of the time. When the kids are home they'll sometimes have the International Delight creamers in the fridge and I'll sometimes indulge.
  • crewahl
    Options
    I use whole cream, but 8m down to just one tablespoon.
  • Flintwinch
    Flintwinch Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Tea-totaler. I drink a strong black tea in the morning without additives. I prefer tea this way without any considerations for weight management.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,464 Member
    Options
    None. Black.
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 5,936 Member
    Options
    Black Decafe. Lately I've even backed off of having a cup or two every morning.
  • steve0mania
    steve0mania Posts: 2,938 Member
    Options
    No whitener. In fact, I gave it up when I started WW. I do use Splenda for a sweetener.
  • crewahl
    Options
    Okay, I’m a bit surprised at the prevalence of “black” drinkers. 🤔
  • whathapnd
    whathapnd Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Black tea, no milk or sweetener - - the stronger, the better. Prior to discovering food allergies, there was a big glug of whole milk added to that super strong tea.

Now and again, an oat milk latte. But coffee, is the inferior cousin to tea, IMHO. And while I enjoy that latte, it wreaks havoc on my stomach, every single time.
  • whathapnd
    whathapnd Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I should add that I would happily add that whole milk back without regard to weight management if allergies allowed. Calories are easily worked in.

Strong black tea with milk = morning hug.
  • misterhub
    misterhub Posts: 6,177 Member
    Options
    whathapnd wrote: »
    Black tea, no milk or sweetener - - the stronger, the better. Prior to discovering food allergies, there was a big glug of whole milk added to that super strong tea.

Now and again, an oat milk latte. But coffee, is the inferior cousin to tea, IMHO. And while I enjoy that latte, it wreaks havoc on my stomach, every single time.

I enjoy strong black tea on occasion. However, I cannot drink it straight without becoming seriously nauseated. I don't do milk. Usually lemon and honey. But, just enough to take the edge off and prevent an upset stomach.
  • crewahl
    Options
    “But coffee, is the inferior cousin to tea, IMHO.”

You heretic, you. 😉

• Flintwinch
    Options
    crewahl wrote: »
    “But coffee, is the inferior cousin to tea, IMHO.”

You heretic, you. 😉

I have learned never to argue the superiority of tea with someone who prefers coffee. It could end up in fisticuffs.
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    As a Die-Hard coffee drinker, I will accept strong black tea, if that is the only beverage available.
  • Flintwinch
    edited March 23
    Options
    For anyone who considers coffee strong, and tea insipidly weak try 'Camel's Breath' tea to convince you otherwise

https://silkroadteas.com/camels-breath-tuo-cha/